First shot = very painful

Ginseng

Awards
Well I've decided to come over to the dark side and see how things are over here. My first shot of Test E went well yesterday. I was very sanitary, warmed up the oil, and shot 250mg slowly into my right glute. Afterwards, I massaged the site. For the rest of the day, the shot site felt fine, a little sore but nothing to complain about. However, today, when I woke up this morning, it felt much more sore and as the day progressed, so did the level of pain. Now it's difficult just to sit down, stand up, or walk around. It basically feel like the muscle is extremely sore and tender.

I know that the first couple of shots might be painful, but is this the norm? I'm sure it will subside by the end of the week but what can I do to help alleviate the discomfort? The next time I use the same spot, will it be less painful? I'm going to use Test E for 12 weeks and rotate glutes and quads for injection sites.

Experienced users, let me know what I can do and what to expect in the future.

Thanks

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
yes this is normal..try not to wiggle the pin in your injection site

GIJoe

Pat Tillman, American HERO
Awards
Yes, a moderate amount of post-injection pain is normal, especially for your first few injects as your body adapts to the foreign substance. The 2nd-3rd day pain is often a result of the solvents being absorbed by the body before the hormone is absorbed, normally crystalizing the hormone and causing extra pain. However, Test E melting point, however, is at body temps (98-100F), so I'll defer to someone with more knowledge than I.

Excessive pain may or may not be normal; is it home-made or lab-produced (if home-made include your solvents, mixture strength, and filtering method & size)?

Last edited:
JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yes it it normal.

As matt d said try not to wiggle the pins, and one of the biggest problems i had was not flexing my muscle. By flexing i dont mean like a huge flex, i'm talking like a little bit bracing for the shot, make sure you dont do this cause i know it was the number one reason i was in pain in the beginnning.

Also try to walk it off man, and stretch it a bit to help if possible.

Another tip, inject before a leg workout if possible, it will help more than massaging it.

orvise

Awards
welcome to the darkside bro
i did my 1st shot last week hurt for a couple of days thats about it

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Whats up brother? You'll get accustomed to it. We're both using the same labs' gear for our first cycle so it will be interesting to see our results.

My first two quad shots felt like someone lit me up w/ a buckshot, but my last shot was in my pec and it hurt for like a day, and I feel nothing now. My next pin will probably be even better. Found out that moving around was the best thing for my quads; as in not laying around. And the heat pad actually made it even more stiff, so take it for what its worth....

Best of luck....

ruffneck

ruffneck

Awards
Take about four Advil. It'll help with the pain and take the inflamation out.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I did my first shot a few days ago. Now I'm up to 3 total. 1cc in my glute hurt more than 2cc's in my delt. I'm hesitant to try the quad because I've heard a lot of bad things. Go for the delt bro :)

Ginseng

Awards
Thanks for the responses everyone. I just woke up from a nap and it feels a little better so I am confident that the pain will subside in the next few days. I've only bought 23g 1and1/2 inch pins so I'm going to have to stick to glute and quad shots.

Jergo - What's up bro! Jergo and I are using the same ug labs test E and we also have similar stats. He's about 230lbs and i'm right around 227lbs. Only difference is that he is also using dbol. I'll be following his cycle and I'll post my results in the end for a comparison.

phenom9950

Awards
i did 1 in bi hurt like hell but some people say it doesnt hurt so much.. so i guess its all depends on bodytype

JerseyDevil

Awards
What concentration are you using? High dose 400mg-500mg/ml gear is going to be quite a bit more painful then the 200mg-250mg stuff due to the higher BA amounts required to suspend it.

I'm 5 shots into a cycle with 250mg/ml test enanthate. I used both delts, both quads and the left tri, so far relatively painless. I inject in the morning, and usually when I wake up the next morning I feel some soreness and stiffness, but by the next day its gone. So far, I like the delts the best (25g 1"). You can use a 1.5", just don't push in all the way.

JerseyDevil

Awards
This is interesting. Ginseng, Orvise, Jergo, Supersoldier, myself, and I assume Phenom, are all starting our first 'real deal' testosterone cycles and dipping to the darkside. Fall out from the PS/PH ban? I wonder how many more will follow especially once the ban is enacted?

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
This is interesting. Ginseng, Orvise, Jergo, Supersoldier, myself, and I assume Phenom, are all starting our first 'real deal' testosterone cycles and dipping to the darkside. Fall out from the PS/PH ban? I wonder how many more will follow especially once the ban is enacted?
Sorry I'm shooting Pro-Sust :cool:

spoofy

Awards

I am! :p

working out my first "real" cycle now.. probably going with test + eq

drei

Awards
yes it it normal.

As matt d said try not to wiggle the pins, and one of the biggest problems i had was not flexing my muscle. By flexing i dont mean like a huge flex, i'm talking like a little bit bracing for the shot, make sure you dont do this cause i know it was the number one reason i was in pain in the beginnning.

Also try to walk it off man, and stretch it a bit to help if possible.

Another tip, inject before a leg workout if possible, it will help more than massaging it.
Very True about not flexing. Once I learned to relax the muscle I was injecting the soreness went from a 10 :eek: to more like a 3 :) on the pain scale.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Jergo - What's up bro! Jergo and I are using the same ug labs test E and we also have similar stats. He's about 230lbs and i'm right around 227lbs. Only difference is that he is also using dbol. I'll be following his cycle and I'll post my results in the end for a comparison.
Yeah, good stuff bro. However, I decided to just hold off on my dbol. I think I'll be happy with my results with just the test anyways. No need to get greedy, and add more sides as well when I'll do just fine. I just wish I would've gotten some prop now, I think my next one will be a prop only cycle as well...I'll make sure to check back brother. :cool:

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I've only bought 23g 1and1/2 inch pins so I'm going to have to stick to glute and quad shots.
Just put a 1/2 inch piece of tape around the base of the needle. It will tell you when to stop. Or cut off a pin cap at 1/2 inch and put that on the needle before you inject.
Just don't let the length of the needle dictate your injection sights.
The greater the number of injection sights you have, the less your chance of scar tissue build-up.

spooler

Awards
Dragonrider,

Very good idea about cuttin off the pin caps.

Just make sure you practice sterile methods, Gentlemen.

Ginseng

Awards
I'll probably try my other glute for my next shot. I may have moved the needle slightly and flexed the muscle slightly as well. If my glute and quad shots do not go well, I will then try other sites.

For the past two days, I've become extremely tired. I originally thought it was just from lack of sleep but even after I nap I am still very tired. I read that test can do this to you. For the past two days, I've slept about 20 hours now. I hope that I'll get my energy back so I can start eating right and hit up the gym again.