First shot at 5/3/1 - any advice?

napalm

napalm

Awards
I certainly know more about training and eating to look like a bodybuilder/athlete than Wendler.
You know more about training than a guy who was strength coach at a D1 school?
It was awesome to get into the kind of condition I did over the summer. Got lots of attention in the gym, but I got so impressed with it that I tried staying with it too long and did waste away
I don't think I've ever come across someone, even on the innerwebz, whose been so impressed with himself while accomplishing nothing

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow! I thought I would read through and get some good advice! Time to close this thread because it's going nowhere fast!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow! I thought I would read through and get some good advice! Time to close this thread because it's going nowhere fast!
There's no advice to give. Everything you need is laid out in the book(s) and the only people that ever have anything negative to say about it only used the system for a month when it is designed to be used for a minimum of six months.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's no advice to give. Everything you need is laid out in the book(s) and the only people that ever have anything negative to say about it only used the system for a month when it is designed to be used for a minimum of six months.
Agree Rodja. The comment was meant for the OP.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
I don't even know what that means
Intetnet troll definition from urban dictionary.

Someone who causes dismay to someone on the internet that they don't even know, much less befrended on a site. They are most likely known to put lame or hurtful comments on someone's facebook, YouTube video (mainly videos in which the user is attempting something new like animation or clay mation), or anywhere you can openly post comments. Internet Trolls are known to also have nver contributed to the site they terrorize on and have a lame username. The best way to control the troll is to post a hurtful comment back or just delete, mark as spam, or report the comment.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
You know more about training than a guy who was strength coach at a D1 school?

I don't think I've ever come across someone, even on the innerwebz, whose been so impressed with himself while accomplishing nothing
I have been on various forums for over 10 years. I have seen many like him using the same debate tactics and they are all trolls.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I have been on various forums for over 10 years. I have seen many like him using the same debate tactics and they are all trolls.
Nah Oz, the ego here is on another level. A 185 lb ahem...bb'er, whose physique redefines the term awesome, AND who knows more about training than a guy who trained D1 athletes and squatted 1k.

This my friend is a special kind of moron...

gymguy21

Awards
Yeah man like Rodja said. Everything you need to know is in the book. Wendler is a very accomplished powerlifter and had been in the game awhile. His advice, pick a template and follow for as many cycles as you can and then adjust as needed. But main thing is the dedication to the program and following through. Results are not overnight and 531 is meant to be a long term program.

gymguy21

Awards
Nah Oz, the ego here is on another level. A 185 lb ahem...bb'er, whose physique redefines the term awesome, AND who knows more about training than a guy who trained D1 athletes and squatted 1k.

This my friend is a special kind of moron...
Definitely agree. The guy completely puts down a guy that is very accomplished and established in the iron game.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Agree Rodja. The comment was meant for the OP.
Yeah...I popped in here to catch up on replies.... and back out I go - I've got some reading to do :)