Finaflex providing some STIMUL8'tion (sponsored)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used that rounded scoop a few times and I haven't noticed difference in energy but did get more thermo effects. Definitely don't need that much for most guys.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
holy smokes man, great session
I second this^^^^^, killin it bro!!
Thanks guys

I've used that rounded scoop a few times and I haven't noticed difference in energy but did get more thermo effects. Definitely don't need that much for most guys.
I used 3/4 today and was just as effective. And funny enough the appetite suppression was back (mind you that might have just been a one off yesterday). But I love how you can really stretch out a tub of this stuff - great on the wallet.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/26/2013

This morning go up and did a 5km (fasted with bcaasaa - in the pouring rain - chilled to the bone when I got back).

Had to drive my daughter to work when I got back - so dosed my stimul8 (3/4 scoop) and was back and in the garage 25 minutes later - great session.

Day 2: Legs

Squats (ATG)
185x10x10

- used the 402 tempo, will be upping the way next week.

Lying Legs Curls
60x10x10

Leg Extensions
100x4x15

Stiffleg Deadlifts
135x4x10

- rebooting these and starting light, actually got a fantastic stretch in hams (as with deadlifts working more on the form.)

Standing Barbell Calf Raises
165x4x15

Ab Rollouts
3x10

- Stimul8 at 3/4 scoop was a great ride. Focused, energetic and locked in. Legs will be sore tomorrow :)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's some great weight for gvt it looks like. Awesome session buddy

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/27/2013

Had a very busy day for a Sunday yesterday and did not get a chance to get online. Did get a great run and workout in, then had a few errands to do, before heading out of town to my parents for dinner and the evening.

Morning started with a 6km run (fasted with exception of .75 scoop of Stimul8 - end of run was fantastic (smooth/fast))

Shoulders and Back Width

Seated Barbell Press:
120x10x10

-tempo was 40X0

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns:
190x10x10

-tempo was 40X0

Face Pulls:
90x4x15

D-Grip Lat Pulldowns:
160x4x15

Shrugs:
60x3x10

Stretchers:
120x3x10

- Stimul8 once more providing killer focus, drive and energy.

10/28/2013

Today is a planned day off. I have had 8 runs in a row, so took a day off there as well. But I might do arms tonight if time permits.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, I envy your shoulder presses. Nice work Wasme!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/29/13

Dosed a full scoop of Stimul8 on my way out the door this morning for a 5km run. I really enjoy that boost of energy about 15 minutes after my run starts.

Arms

SuperSet 1

Close Grip Bench Press:
130x10
130x10
130x10
130x10
130x10
130x10
130x9
130x9
130x8
130x7

Ez Bar Curls:
85x10
85x10
85x10
85x10
85x10
85x8
85x10
85x7
85x8
85x9

- arms were pumped like crazy after this superset.

Superset 2

Vbar Tricep Pushdown:
120x15
120x15
120x15
120x13

Preacher Curls:
80x10
80x10
80x10
80x10

Superset 3

Overhead Tricep Extensions:
100x10
100x10
100x10

Alternating Dumbbell Curls:
35x10
35x10
35x10

- (5L/5R/5L/5R for each set)

Arms were pumped and very vascular after todays session. Mind/muscle connection was solid.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gooooood stuff homie! Making me look weak over here :p

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/29/13

Dosed a full scoop of Stimul8 on my way out the door this morning for a 5km run. I really enjoy that boost of energy about 15 minutes after my run starts.

Arms

SuperSet 1

Close Grip Bench Press:
130x10
130x10
130x10
130x10
130x10
130x10
130x9
130x9
130x8
130x7

Ez Bar Curls:
85x10
85x10
85x10
85x10
85x10
85x8
85x10
85x7
85x8
85x9

- arms were pumped like crazy after this superset.

Superset 2

Vbar Tricep Pushdown:
120x15
120x15
120x15
120x13

Preacher Curls:
80x10
80x10
80x10
80x10

Superset 3

Overhead Tricep Extensions:
100x10
100x10
100x10

Alternating Dumbbell Curls:
35x10
35x10
35x10

- (5L/5R/5L/5R for each set)

Arms were pumped and very vascular after todays session. Mind/muscle connection was solid.
Was this using the 60% of 10 rep max, seems it is the first time you started failing mid sets which is great. How did you like it with slightly the heavier weights? The hard work takes some of the monotony out of it, or did to me just because of the intensity in the latter sets.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome updates!!! If it's one thing I know is I can always check in here to see my brother smacking the weights like they were pillows!!! Keep killing it brother.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was this using the 60% of 10 rep max, seems it is the first time you started failing mid sets which is great. How did you like it with slightly the heavier weights? The hard work takes some of the monotony out of it, or did to me just because of the intensity in the latter sets.
Yes or close to it anyway. I do find it a bit more engaging with slightly more weight and trying to keep that 4x tempo (which I find way harder to do the further I get into the sets). 10 sets is a lot though. As I tick each one off on my log sheet, I'm thinking f*ck me! lol And just turn the music louder.

Awesome updates!!! If it's one thing I know is I can always check in here to see my brother smacking the weights like they were pillows!!! Keep killing it brother.
lol thanks Pack.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are KILLING it big boy! I wish I could move the weight like you do!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/30/13

Went with 3/4 of a scoop of Stimul8 on my way out the door this morning for a 5km run.

Once back mixed up some more BcAASAA's and into the garage.

Day 1: Chest, Back Thickness - Tempo 40X0

Superset 1

Flat Bench Press
165x10
165x10
165x10
165x10
165x10
165x9
165x9
165x8
165x7
165x8

- Last week I got this weight up 10x10. Really focused on the tempo this morning (focus was great through my entire session today). Perhaps my tempo was not on point last week.

Bent Over Barbell Rows
125x10
125x10
125x10
125x10
125x10
125x10
125x10
125x10
125x10
125x10

Superset 2

Machine Flies
90x15
90x15
90x15
90x15

Deadlifts
160x10
160x10
160x9
160x10

Superset 3

Incline Dumbbell Bench - Twist and press style
50x10
50x10
50x8

- found the twist and press style a little easier on my shoulder which is still nagging me.

Seated Cable Rows
110x10
110x10
110x10

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you making up for the reps that you fail to complete? I don't remember off the top of my head, but I believe that you're supposed to make up for them somehow. I'll look it up.
Either way, you're killing it and I'm glad you're enjoying the stimul8. Sessions are looking brutal, as usual.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you making up for the reps that you fail to complete? I don't remember off the top of my head, but I believe that you're supposed to make up for them somehow. I'll look it up.
Either way, you're killing it and I'm glad you're enjoying the stimul8. Sessions are looking brutal, as usual.
No, didn't know I was suppose to? So I would add an 11th set with the ones I have missed? And thanks. The energy and focus I am getting from Stimul8 is definitely working for me with GVT.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, didn't know I was suppose to? So I would add an 11th set with the ones I have missed? And thanks. The energy and focus I am getting from Stimul8 is definitely working for me with GVT.
I'm gonna look it up for you, as I don't remember off the top of my head. I know there are different versions of GVT so we'll see. Give me a few to do some reading.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't think you make them up. Next session you try to beat previous reps so you 10x10 then add weight.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah you don't make them up. You don't go to failure. You don't use negatives beyond the normal tempo. When you hit all sets and reps you up the weight by five percent.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah you don't make them up. You don't go to failure. You don't use negatives beyond the normal tempo. When you hit all sets and reps you up the weight by five percent.
Word. My bad.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, that's a lot of work there Wasme.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shake I just had was pretty good.

1/2 cup cooked oatmeal
2 scoops peanut butter cookie protein
Two tblsp Chocolate PB2
Six egg whites
Couple packs of Splenda

Blended all that up and poured over ice. Mmmmmmm

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards

1/2 cup cooked oatmeal
Two tblsp Chocolate PB2
Six egg whites
Couple packs of Splenda

what's the splenda for? :thumbsdown:

I used to do egg whites in shakes, not bad - never did 6 tho that's quite a few
one of my all-time fav shakes:
3 egg whites
2 scoops Ultra Size (Beverly international - they don't make it anymore :(, was quality beef protein)
3 TBS heavy whipping cream
1 TBS natty PB
2c water
optional - 1/2c oats (uncooked)

friggin tasty

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, that's a lot of work there Wasme.
Thanks.. was pretty sore last night. Supersetting it all really cuts the time down too.

1/2 cup cooked oatmeal
Two tblsp Chocolate PB2
Six egg whites
Couple packs of Splenda

That sounds really good.. what did you use for liquid? (milk, almond milk, or..)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha! I posted in your thread instead if mine lol. Sorry bout that.

I just cooked the oatmeal and added like 4oz of water in the blender.

When I poured it over ice the ice melted cause the oatmeal was still scalding hot lol.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

3 egg whites
2 scoops Ultra Size (Beverly international - they don't make it anymore :(, was quality beef protein)
1 TBS natty PB
2c water

friggin tasty
Was the 3 TBS heavy whip to get fat content in there? Shake sounds good.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

3 egg whites
1 TBS natty PB
2c water

friggin tasty
This was my "cheat meal" I guess you could say. 7th meal of the day and I wanted something sweet :)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha! I posted in your thread instead if mine lol. Sorry bout that.

I just cooked the oatmeal and added like 4oz of water in the blender.

When I poured it over ice the ice melted cause the oatmeal was still scalding hot lol.
No problem, anytime feel free to post whatever.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Was the 3 TBS heavy whip to get fat content in there? Shake sounds good.
yessir, exactly
secondary was the thick, fantastic taste that cream gives it, yum
this works better in a bulk-type approach (obviously), but I can fit this shake in any type of diet/goal setting :)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/31/2013

Happy Hallowe'en my brothers...

Dosed a scoop of Stimul8 before heading out in the pouring rain this morning, did 5.5km. Was absolutely drenched upon my return and had to have a complete change of clothing, shoes and all. Stimul8 kicked in around the half way mark as usual. Breathing intensified, speed increased. Nice!

Day 2: Legs

SUPERSET 1

Squats (ATG)
175x10
175x10
175x10
175x10
175x10
175x10
175x10
175x10
175x10
175x10

- used the 402 tempo.

Lying Legs Curls
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10

TRI-SUPERSET

Leg Extensions
100x15
100x15
100x15
100x15

Stiffleg Deadlifts
135x10
135x10
135x10
135x10

- wicked stress in hamstrings on each rep held the count for 3 at the bottom.

Standing Barbell Calf Raises
175x15
175x15
175x15
175x15

- Got to work and really had to lug myself up the 7 flights of stairs to my desk.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Time to up that weight! I was surprised when I hit all my sets on legs yesterday. Going to ratchet up to 205 on squats next go around.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Time to up that weight! I was surprised when I hit all my sets on legs yesterday. Going to ratchet up to 205 on squats next go around.
I was thinking 195 next go round for squats.. and 70 on the leg curls

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking 195 next go round for squats.. and 70 on the leg curls
Those look like solid increases to me. How long are you trying between exercises in the super sets?

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be honest, I think @ 195 I will be toast after 5-6 sets but according to Kleen that is the point and build to 10x10.

Right now I am getting about 45-50 seconds between exercises. (Squat 45sec, leg curl 45sec, ....)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be honest, I think @ 195 I will be toast after 5-6 sets but according to Kleen that is the point and build to 10x10.

Right now I am getting about 45-50 seconds between exercises. (Squat 45sec, leg curl 45sec, ....)
Mine goes

Squats then 20 seconds rest (basically enough time to move to the other exercise). Leg curls then 90 seconds rest.

45 seconds is usually the most I EVER use during any other training and never with ss.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It is really just an alternated set more than a Superset. In the original it is done with 90 seconds between each exercise but that is a lot. 60 between each is going to lean you up some and 45 between YOWZA's that is beast mode. I do like your modification Monte, and it probably ends up being apples to apples on difference between 110 seconds rest total your way and 120 doing 60 rest between each one. When I did it with the 90 I couldn't get out of the gym without going over an hour easily. Was no big deal when young and single but employed and with a busy family that ain't cutting it for me.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine goes

Squats then 20 seconds rest (basically enough time to move to the other exercise). Leg curls then 90 seconds rest.

45 seconds is usually the most I EVER use during any other training and never with ss.
True supersets my only rest is exercise to excerise or changing a weight as you mentioned. I am doing the same, just moving a little slower, and the rest becomes a little more as the sets get deeper, but never beyond that 45-50 seconds.

It is really just an alternated set more than a Superset. In the original it is done with 90 seconds between each exercise but that is a lot. 60 between each is going to lean you up some and 45 between YOWZA's that is beast mode. I do like your modification Monte, and it probably ends up being apples to apples on difference between 110 seconds rest total your way and 120 doing 60 rest between each one. When I did it with the 90 I couldn't get out of the gym without going over an hour easily. Was no big deal when young and single but employed and with a busy family that ain't cutting it for me.
I hear you on the one.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Crazy man, but intriguing. I think I may steal your leg routine... Are you doing this to gain, or lean, or does it matter depending on foods?