Finaflex providing some STIMUL8'tion (sponsored)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do not utilize a leg press either
instead, I work in leg extensions and DB/BB stationary lunges and walking lunges
well no walking lunges any longer (no driveway to walk down anymore) :p
Perfect thanks Steve. I could potentially sub in a superset consisting of extensions/lunges for that crazy burn. I have a driveway but i'll need to keep it salted!!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 1 there is hack squats, week 2 regular squats. But I imagine swapping out the leg press for a squat in week 1 would work.

15 on, 1 off.. my name is not Breezy!
Yeah, you should be able to come up with decent replacements. I'd try to make substitutions based on how he wanted them performed (foot placement, tempo, rep scheme, banded, other intensity techniques).

I'm heading into my 3rd day off in a row and may have a couple more. :eek:

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, you should be able to come up with decent replacements. I'd try to make substitutions based on he wanted them performed (foot placement, tempo, rep scheme, banded, other intensity techniques).

I'm heading into my 3rd day off in a row and may have a couple more. :eek:
Thanks Breezy. I guess you will call this your deload. Hopefully you are able to get back at it before you anticipate.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/11/13

3/4 scoop of stimul8 upon rising, and out the door for a 5km run ( 6F this morning with windchill was cold as sh*t)

Arms

SuperSet 1

Close Grip Bench Press:
140x10
140x10
140x10
140x10
140x10
140x10
140x9
140x10
140x10
140x8

Tempo 4-0-2

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
30x10
30x10
30x10
30x10
30x10
30x8
30x10
30x10
30x9
30x8

Superset 2

Overhead Tricep Extension:
100x15
100x15
100x15
100x15

Preacher Curls:
90x10
90x10
90x10
90x10

Superset 3

Rope Pushdown:
90x15
90x15
90x15

Cross Body Hammer Curls:
40x10 (5L,5R,5L,5R)
40x10 ( " )
40x10 ( " )

Great session to close out GVT. I would have to say my run was very successful. It will be nice to get back to some heavier weight though for certain exercises. I suppose my only concern here is my shoulder. It has been feeling a lot better over the last couple of weeks, so hopefully it stays strong and pain-free. I am looking forward to giving Meadows training a go....(Friday or Saturday)

Day off tomorrow (will put in a 6-7km run). And possibly going to take Friday - but that is to be determined.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had the same benefit. My shoulder, with the exception of today (minor tweak), has been feeling great.

Hurry up and get tired of MD and those bands. I could use a set. :D

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had the same benefit. My shoulder, with the exception of today (minor tweak), has been feeling great.

Hurry up and get tired of MD and those bands. I could use a set. :D
You need your brother to email your wife with a 'you know what Thomas would really like for xmas...' hint...

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need your brother to email your wife with a 'you know what Thomas would really like for xmas...' hint...
That wouldn't work. We don't exchange gifts. No worries though. I'm going to give MD a try, and if I like it I'll pick up some bands. There are a couple supps I'd rather pick up in the mean time.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great session to close out GVT. I would have to say my run was very successful. It will be nice to get back to some heavier weight though for certain exercises. I suppose my only concern here is my shoulder. It has been feeling a lot better over the last couple of weeks, so hopefully it stays strong and pain-free. I am looking forward to giving Meadows training a go....(Friday or Saturday)

Day off tomorrow (will put in a 6-7km run). And possibly going to take Friday - but that is to be determined.
I'm looking forward to seeing you officially get started on MD. I wouldn't be surprised if your shoulder started feeling even better. Mine are like new (along with the rest of my joints) after a year of doing Meadows' training. There isn't a lot of pressing movements and the variations don't usually allow for a ton of weight. They're always towards the end of a session as well, so your shoulders will be warmed up. He set it up this way with shoulder/joint health in mind.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm looking forward to seeing you officially get started on MD. I wouldn't be surprised if your shoulder started feeling even better. Mine are like new (along with the rest of my joints) after a year of doing Meadows' training. There isn't a lot of pressing movements and the variations don't usually allow for a ton of weight. They're always towards the end of a session as well, so your shoulders will be warmed up. He set it up this way with shoulder/joint health in mind.
Certainly like the sound of that. Do you recommend following the program (4 workouts per week) or ok to 'shorten the week'. ie 2 on / 1 off or 4 on / 1 off.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Certainly like the sound of that. Do you recommend following the program (4 workouts per week) or ok to 'shorten the week'. ie 2 on / 1 off or 4 on / 1 off.
You might find that you'll need the 3 days off per week. I'd see how you feel/recover from the workouts. I believe I started with 4 sessions per week during my first run, but switched to 5 after a while.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Email sent. And I asked her to buy 2 sets, so you can send me one. ;)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Email sent. And I asked her to buy 2 sets, so you can send me one. ;)
Hrm. I'm strongly debating. This close to Christmas I may not be able to get away with much personal spending, and I want to go ahead and get a back up Stimul8, possibly some G8. I'll start looking around Craigslist.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hrm. I'm strongly debating. This close to Christmas I may not be able to get away with much personal spending, and I want to go ahead and get a back up Stimul8, possibly some G8. I'll start looking around Craigslist.
Craigslist for supplements? I am sure the planet will have a great xmas sale coming up.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Craigslist for supplements? I am sure the planet will have a great xmas sale coming up.
Craigslist for bands. Surely someoe thought it was a good idea when they were drunk or hungover, and now they're sitting in a closet collecting dust.

Definitely waiting for the Christmas sales for supps.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Craigslist for bands. Surely someoe thought it was a good idea when they were drunk or hungover, and now they're sitting in a closet collecting dust.

Definitely waiting for the Christmas sales for supps.
Gotcha.. good luck man!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I gave my bands away to a member of my challenge group in January.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you post something up and then delete it? Or is my PC acting crazy?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just get 2 26 inch tire inner tubes and go to town. I used to make home made sling shots out of them all the time!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Un subbed :)