Finaflex providing some STIMUL8'tion (sponsored)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cut the weight in half and reduce reps by two or four. That's how I do it.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
constant change, the essence of life
Would this apply to all things in life, or will that end in divorce for me lol

- I will change things up for a couple of weeks and then move to something new after my trip to Myrtle Beach (13-17)

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would this apply to all things in life, or will that end in divorce for me lol - I will change things up for a couple of weeks and then move to something new after my trip to Myrtle Beach (13-17)
South Myrtle or north?
Go see a show at the House of Blues. Nice venue. Also, eat at Dick's. The M.O. Is to treat customers like shlt. It's fun. They make you wear a dunce cap. Steak the way you like it if you like the way they cook it. Tons of cool stuff to do in Myrtle. Enjoy.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
South Myrtle or north?
Go see a show at the House of Blues. Nice venue. Also, eat at Dick's. The M.O. Is to treat customers like shlt. It's fun. They make you wear a dunce cap. Steak the way you like it if you like the way they cook it. Tons of cool stuff to do in Myrtle. Enjoy.
Yeah! Dicks Last Resort. They have one in San Antonio and its fun if you know what you are walking into lol.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
South Myrtle or north?
Hotel is on North Ocean Blvd, so I guess that is N. Myrtle Beach? Thanks for the info.

My parents go down every fall for 2-3 weeks, and it usually falls on my father's birthday. He is turning 75 this year, so I am flying down to surprise him. Should be fun.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
South Myrtle or north?
Sounds like Ed Debevic's in Chicago... the servers all make up a persona. Some are rude, others are just loud and obnoxious... but I'd much rather be in Myrtle Beach.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
maybe i'm just old, but... dicks doesn't sound like too much fun to me :no:
Sounds like Ed Debevic's in Chicago... the servers all make up a persona. Some are rude, others are just loud and obnoxious... but I'd much rather be in Myrtle Beach.
Not old....not gay;) I prefer tuna town:)
Put it like this. When you enter they ask you if you plan on drinking. People over 21 get a stamp on their hand. My kid was a year old at the time and in a stroller. We got seated at our table and I pulled the kid out to keep him entertained. Sooooo, apparently while the chick with the stamp was making baby noises and funny faces with him, she decided to stamp his hand. Funny stuff.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Put it like this. When you enter they ask you if you plan on drinking. People over 21 get a stamp on their hand. My kid was a year old at the time and in a stroller. We got seated at our table and I pulled the kid out to keep him entertained. Sooooo, apparently while the chick with the stamp was making baby noises and funny faces with him, she decided to stamp his hand. Funny stuff.
The deciding factor in all this would be - was the chick with the stamp HOT? :veryhappy:

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The deciding factor in all this would be - was the chick with the stamp HOT? :veryhappy:
She wasn't unattractive by any means. A good sense of humor can make an average girl pretty though so idk.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i'm sorry I shouldn't have said that
the old saying about good personality/fat girl tho....
Well uve heard the one about why ugly chicks give good head?

Awards
  • Established
Great work in here Wasme! I know you're looking forward to Myrtle!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great work in here Wasme! I know you're looking forward to Myrtle!
Thanks 804. Yes I am really looking forward to getting away and of course my 'shipments'... lol

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/8/2013

Yesterday I dosed 1/2 scoop of Stimul8 around 4pm to get a sense of appetite suppression on a rest day. Had dinner around 6pm and only was able to eat half my plate, which was interesting. Stored the rest in the fridge for later in the evening. Ended up having a protein shake around 9pm and kept my leftovers for a nice chicken, rice, broccoli lunch.

Started this day off with a 5km fasted run through the park.

Going to start a bit of a deload today that will carry through till the 18th or 19th where I will likely start a new program. Thinking of going back to either FST-7, Mountain Dog, or a Push/Pull/Legs style. Next update will be this evening after my workout.

Awards
  • Established
Nice brother! I should have taken your advice yesterday..

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a big fan of 5/3/1. Have had some nice steady gains and I've been doing it for about 7 months now and I love it.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a big fan of 5/3/1. Have had some nice steady gains and I've been doing it for about 7 months now and I love it.
Ever tried Mad Cow?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's fun an effective. Different take on 5x5

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's fun an effective. Different take on 5x5
Sounds fun. Once I get through about a year of 5/3/1 I'll look for something more advanced.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice brother! I should have taken your advice yesterday..
Ya a full scoop first workout is strong. I can handle it fine, but finding 3/4 of a scoop works just as well for me.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/09/2013

Well, due to working late last night - I was not able to lift. So going to maneuver things around for the next 4 days to ensure I get my last 4 workouts in before I had to South Carolina. I will check out what the hotel there has for a fitness room and get 3 workouts anyway in next week.

This morning did Back/Shoulders, tomorrow moving Legs to Friday so I can do Chest/Arms tomorrow and Upper body on Saturday - of course this is all in a deload phase.

Day 4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy - Altered for Deload

Warmup: 5km fasted run. Dosed 3/4 scoop of Stimul8 just before heading out the door.

Bent Over Row Speed - 30 seconds rest
100x10
100x10
100x10
100x10

- this felt more like a warmup, yet really good. Shortened the rest periods throughout my workout which in turn got my heart rate up a bit as well. Not sure if this would follow a standard deload protocol but I did not feel as taxed at the end of the workout, so worked well for me.

Pulldowns (wide grip) - 30 seconds rest
180x12
180x12
180x12

Seated Rows - 30 seconds rest
110x12
110x12
110x12

One Arm Dumbbell Rows - no rest
50x15/15
50x15/15

Close Grip Pull downs (Palms facing) superset with Strechers - no rest
160x20 / 140x20
160x20 / 140x20

- lno change in wait here, just with less load prior it seemed easier

Seated Dumbbell Press - 45 seconds rest
40x15
40x15

- Even with a bit less weight, my shoulder was still nagging me. So tomorrow will likely go quite light on all pressing.

Upright Rows tri-set with Straight Arm Pulldowns and Facepulls - no rest
80x10 / 90x10 / 90x10
80x10 / 90x10 / 90x10
80x10 / 90x10 / 90x10

- Actually added the straight arm pulldowns here, as I just felt I needed a bit more work, and energy from Stimul8 and two days off was through the roof.

Lateral Raises superset with Dumbbell Shrugs - no rest
20x20 / 50x15
20x20 / 50x15
20x20 / 50x15

This workout flew by. Great pace, and everything was on point.

On a side note I dosed Stimul8 at 745am. It is 1:21 and my energy levels are still up and no hunger yet. I did have 50g shake post workout.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10/09/2013

Well, due to working late last night - I was not able to lift. So going to maneuver things around for the next 4 days to ensure I get my last 4 workouts in before I had to South Carolina. I will check out what the hotel there has for a fitness room and get 3 workouts anyway in next week.

This morning did Back/Shoulders, tomorrow moving Legs to Friday so I can do Chest/Arms tomorrow and Upper body on Saturday - of course this is all in a deload phase.

Day 4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy - Altered for Deload

Warmup: 5km fasted run. Dosed 3/4 scoop of Stimul8 just before heading out the door.

Bent Over Row Speed - 30 seconds rest
100x10
100x10
100x10
100x10

- this felt more like a warmup, yet really good. Shortened the rest periods throughout my workout which in turn got my heart rate up a bit as well. Not sure if this would follow a standard deload protocol but I did not feel as taxed at the end of the workout, so worked well for me.

Pulldowns (wide grip) - 30 seconds rest
180x12
180x12
180x12

Seated Rows - 30 seconds rest
110x12
110x12
110x12

One Arm Dumbbell Rows - no rest
50x15/15
50x15/15

Close Grip Pull downs (Palms facing) superset with Strechers - no rest
160x20 / 140x20
160x20 / 140x20

- lno change in wait here, just with less load prior it seemed easier

Seated Dumbbell Press - 45 seconds rest
40x15
40x15

- Even with a bit less weight, my shoulder was still nagging me. So tomorrow will likely go quite light on all pressing.

Upright Rows tri-set with Straight Arm Pulldowns and Facepulls - no rest
80x10 / 90x10 / 90x10
80x10 / 90x10 / 90x10
80x10 / 90x10 / 90x10

- Actually added the straight arm pulldowns here, as I just felt I needed a bit more work, and energy from Stimul8 and two days off was through the roof.

Lateral Raises superset with Dumbbell Shrugs - no rest
20x20 / 50x15
20x20 / 50x15
20x20 / 50x15

This workout flew by. Great pace, and everything was on point.

On a side note I dosed Stimul8 at 745am. It is 1:21 and my energy levels are still up and no hunger yet. I did have 50g shake post workout.
Long lasting energy....holy cow....6hours later.

Unbelievable.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Long lasting energy....holy cow....6hours later.

Unbelievable.
Mood is really good today... and even though that 'up' energy has gone... the transition was very smooth.. didn't really notice.

I am very happy I ordered more stimul8.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mood is really good today... and even though that 'up' energy has gone... the transition was very smooth.. didn't really notice.

I am very happy I ordered more stimul8.
Another happy consumer;)

We try and make the best possible supps, and make everybody happy and reach their goals.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another happy consumer;)

We try and make the best possible supps, and make everybody happy and reach their goals.
So far the 4 i have tried, have been great... and have resulted in extra purchases

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/10/2013

Upon rising: 5km fasted run

Day 6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy - DELOAD

Dosed 3/4 full scoop of Stimul8 as I was heading out the door for my run.

Flat Bench Press - 45 seconds rest
185x10
185x10
185x10
185x10

Incline Dumbbell Press - 30 seconds rest
50x12
50x12
50x12

Hammer Grip Dumbbell Press - 30 seconds rest
40x15
40x15
40x15

Incline Dumbbell Flies - 30 seconds rest
40x20
40x20

Preacher Curls superset with Overhead Tricep Extension - no rest
90x12 / 90x12
90x12 / 90x12
90x12 / 90x12

Concentration Curls superset with Rope Pushdowns - no rest
30x15-15 / 90x15
30x15-15 / 90x15
30x15-15 / 90x15

- Did the concentration curls a little different.. 5 left, 5 right, 5 left, 5 right, 5 left, 5 right - slow and steady.

Spider Curls superset with Vbar Pushdowns - no rest
70x15 / 100x20
70x15 / 100x20
70x15 / 100x20

Good workout. Shoulder was still bothersome but with the lighter load much better than last week. Stimul8 had me clipping along at a great pace. Dosed 4 hours ago, still enjoying the tail end of this ride.

As mentioned yesterday I needed to move things around this week so tomorrow is Day 5: Legs, then Saturday will be upper body power.

Thanks Montego1 for the deload advice mentally feeling much better.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry your shoulder is still bugging you. How much are you deloading by? Depending on the day of the week for 5/3/1 (the weights are % based from a theoretical 1RM) my warmups are always 40/50/60% and then on to working sets. Deload week all you move is the warmup weight. :p

Awards
  • Established
Looked like you had brutal day of chest and arms bud!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry your shoulder is still bugging you. How much are you deloading by? Depending on the day of the week for 5/3/1 (the weights are % based from a theoretical 1RM) my warmups are always 40/50/60% and then on to working sets. Deload week all you move is the warmup weight. :p
Big lifts are about 60%... accessory 75% mind you.. arms today was pretty much normal.

Ya my shoulder is something that has bothered me off and on for a couple of years now..hoping it goes away in the next week or two ..

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man, for a deload, you're still putting in good work. Hell yeah.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kiss Arse Chest workout my ffiend. How's everything been? I've had a rough last couple weeks sorry for not being my normal presence but being temp wo work due to furlough and having a new baby during this sucks.

10/10/2013

Upon rising: 5km fasted run

Day 6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy - DELOAD

Dosed 3/4 full scoop of Stimul8 as I was heading out the door for my run.

Flat Bench Press - 45 seconds rest
185x10
185x10
185x10
185x10

Incline Dumbbell Press - 30 seconds rest
50x12
50x12
50x12

Hammer Grip Dumbbell Press - 30 seconds rest
40x15
40x15
40x15

Incline Dumbbell Flies - 30 seconds rest
40x20
40x20

Preacher Curls superset with Overhead Tricep Extension - no rest
90x12 / 90x12
90x12 / 90x12
90x12 / 90x12

Concentration Curls superset with Rope Pushdowns - no rest
30x15-15 / 90x15
30x15-15 / 90x15
30x15-15 / 90x15

- Did the concentration curls a little different.. 5 left, 5 right, 5 left, 5 right, 5 left, 5 right - slow and steady.

Spider Curls superset with Vbar Pushdowns - no rest
70x15 / 100x20
70x15 / 100x20
70x15 / 100x20

Good workout. Shoulder was still bothersome but with the lighter load much better than last week. Stimul8 had me clipping along at a great pace. Dosed 4 hours ago, still enjoying the tail end of this ride.

As mentioned yesterday I needed to move things around this week so tomorrow is Day 5: Legs, then Saturday will be upper body power.

Thanks Montego1 for the deload advice mentally feeling much better.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah for a deload you sure are doing a lot of reps lol. Gotta make sure you lower reps as well as weight bud.

If you're lowering weight but upping the reps then it's counter productive towards your goal of recovery. If you want to keep the reps in the 10-15 range so you get the pump then I would drop a set. (Speaking about the chest exercises as your already said you did normal arm routine.)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i'm sure I will take some heat for this, but..
I do not practice nor buy into the concept of these "deloads" as described here
am aware that some programs such as 5/3/1 as has been mentioned here, are constructed with this form;
however, remember I do not utilize "pre-set" routines, rather I create my own..
I find that constant change in a variety of parameters, is all that is truly needed to recover/force growth cycle

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm sure I will take some heat for this, but..
I do not practice nor buy into the concept of these "deloads" as described here
am aware that some programs such as 5/3/1 as has been mentioned here, are constructed with this form;
however, remember I do not utilize "pre-set" routines, rather I create my own..
I find that constant change in a variety of parameters, is all that is truly needed to recover/force growth cycle
:hitwithrock:

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kiss Arse Chest workout my ffiend. How's everything been? I've had a rough last couple weeks sorry for not being my normal presence but being temp wo work due to furlough and having a new baby during this sucks.
Good to see you Pack. I am well, achy shoulder but really can't complain. You are off work till the govt goes back? Hope that new baby is doing well.