FINAFLEX - BREAKING NEWS!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This just in... Santa was spotted flying over town with a whole bag full of FINAFLEX 550-XD Black series for all you good little boys.....

Hurrahhhh!!!​

godinemo

godinemo

Awards
Tell Santa to drop some at my house...I've been a "good" boy this year (ha!):cool2:

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
any more news?!!?!??!!?
They told me they were going to have a meeting with me and discuss how they wanted me to answer certain questions on the ingredient profile and that they were going to email me the back page of our 550-XD Black flyer with all the info, like the back page of our 1-ANDRO flyer, but that never came about, so I'm hoping they do this will I'm in the office tomorrow morning and before I leave for New Orleans tomorrow night, either way I will be on and offline all through the holidays, I sure hope my parents upgraded to wireless like I asked them to!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dear Santa:

I have been a specially good boy this year, so I am hoping for a lot of presents...:)

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finally, the Long Awaited and as Promised....

FINAFLEX 550-XD Black Series Ingredient Profile and Write-Up...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 steps to Deca ... got it .. :) with the usual E-blocker and liver detox profile... This may be beneficial to joints as well cuz Deca is supposed to help the joints...

godinemo

godinemo

Awards
Wow!!! Defintely gonna get my hands on this when release on Jan 2012 :veryhappy:

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now does everyone see what I was talking about..? being an unbelievable stand-alone product, but without a shadow of a doubt for the sake of your joints, a definite addition to any and every cycle stack!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now does everyone see what I was talking about..? being an unbelievable stand-alone product, but without a shadow of a doubt for the sake of your joints, a definite addition to any and every cycle stack!!!
Yah I am thinking this plus 1-Andro must yeild some decent strength increases....

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is there a difference between this an AMS decavol ?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there a difference between this an AMS decavol ?
Their conversion is a of a different process, but the end result is supposed to be the same (converts to 19nor Testosterone), whether theirs is as good as ours, I do not know??? The best way for me to put it... Many "talk the talk," but FINAFLEX "Walks the Walk" we "Put our Money where our Mouth is!!!"

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I think this will be my next cycle. I'm excited about this.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys check this out, LoL, some kids posted a FINAFLEX commercial/video as a school project, I found it very comical, what do you think?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

FINAFLEX
introduces the most effective DSHEA compliant pro-hormone ever to be released to the bodybuilding industry. Chemists at FINAFLEX have spent over 9 months engineering and perfecting the most bioavailable form of a precursor to nandrolone (19norTestosterone). Redefine Nutrition proudly introduces “3b-enanthoxy-19-nor-androst-4-ene-17-one.“ This new compound is a two step precursor to 19nortestosteron. This conversion can easily take place in the body as follows…

3b-enanthoxy-19-nor-androst-4-ene-17-one → 19norandrostenediol → 19norTestosterone

This new novel compound is comprised of lipophilic ester (enanthate ester bond) at the 3-key position to not only to increase the stability of the compound, but also to increase the purity. Both the purity and the identity of this new compound were verified multiple times by third party testing facilities by using LC/MS and GC/MS. The problem with other precursors to nandrolone like 19norDHEA, is two folds. The main issue is during the final stage of the production process of regular 19norDHEA, the purity of the compound is compromised due to the instability of the compound. Because 19norDHEA is very unstable during the final stage of reaction, some of the material in the reactor will be converted to other isomer and other unknown impurities. The second issue with regular 19norDHEA is the delivery system. Regular 19norDHEA has a very short half life, which results in poor bioavailability. Chemists at Redefine Nutrition have overcome both of these issues with this new compound, which maximizes both the purity to 99.9% and the bioavailability of the compound.

Main highlights of 3b-enanthoxy-19-nor-androst-4-ene-17-one mimics the benefits of nandrolone or 19nortestosterone. The term “19nor” means that a methyl group was removed from testosterone at a key position on its molecular backbone. This slight alteration of the chemical structure drastically reduces the DHT related side effects (prostate issues, balding, zits) as well as the estrogenic side effects (gyno, man boobs, chesticles) that testosterone possesses. Benefits of 3b-enanthoxy-19-nor-androst-4-ene-17-one include the following:

· Lean muscle growth
· Appetite stimulation
· Increased red blood cell production
· Bone density
· Joint relief

In addition to ”3b-enanthoxy-19-nor-androst-4-ene-17-one”, FINAFLEX 550xd Black contains a complete matrix of an anabolic amplifier which contains both bergamottin and naringin to optimize and enhance the absorption of the main ingredient.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looks like some good stuff there.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah and the fact that it helps with bone density and joints is awesome too. Strength does not just come from muscle...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yah and the fact that it helps with bone density and joints is awesome too. Strength does not just come from muscle...
True-Dat my friend... "You are only as strong as your weakest link!" With FINAFLEX, we are covering all your bases!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
True-Dat my friend... "You are only as strong as your weakest link!" With FINAFLEX, we are covering all your bases!
Wow this looks great...I definitely have to try that...but after my PX500-XT :)

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Will this product be likely to effect your fertility like most Nandrolone products??

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will this product be likely to effect your fertility like most Nandrolone products??
That is a very good question, but you are only partially correct, it isn't the fertility, I believe you are talking about what we commonly call "Shut-Down" or decreased Labido. Any and all fertility issues would be hormonally based and correct themselves at the point of discontinued use. As far as the "Shut-Down" is concerned, because of the two step process and the way we designed this, we have found it is less of an issue and that most do not experience it at all, but, it is still possible if you are sensitive to it!

I hope that has answered your question and cleared it up a bit for you, any further questions, by all means please ask!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is a very good question, but you are only partially correct, it isn't the fertility, I believe you are talking about what we commonly call "Shut-Down" or decreased Labido. Any and all fertility issues would be hormonally based and correct themselves at the point of discontinued use. As far as the "Shut-Down" is concerned, because of the two step process and the way we designed this, we have found it is less of an issue and that most do not experience it at all, but, it is still possible if you are sensitive to it!

I hope that has answered your question and cleared it up a bit for you, any further questions, by all means please ask!
Yah 1 step (norandrostenediol) was not that bad for shut down if I remember correctly a 2 step process would likely cause less shutdown so it's not a major issue. That's kind of the point of using these less severe products. You just hope to get as much of the positive effects while avoiding the negative.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
And where can I get multiple bottles of this at? Is it on shelves already?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HOLIDAYs are OVER!!!

OK, now that the HOLIDAYs are over, it is time for us to do what most of us have set out to do this NEW YEAR... Lose weight, but more importantly and more appropriately said... burn fat, preserve the muscle, burn the fat! What better way than to do just what the ScottyDoc ordered, than with FINAFLEX PX (Pro Xanthine) 500-XT, same incredible product, but with a new bottle & label to coincide with the "New You" that can and will be achieved with the use of FINAFLEX PX 500-XT and a little hard work! There is no better time than now, so let's do this... Together!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And where can I get multiple bottles of this at? Is it on shelves already?
To my knowledge it has been shipped out to our distributors, in their hands... I'm assuming our distributors will have it in their possession when the warehouse receives their shipment as well, will keep you informed!

But to answer your other question, it will be available at all the same places that all of our other great FINAFLEX products are available!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey I just noticed the addition of the Arimistane does this negate your typical suggestion of running 1 cap of Finiflex PCT Revolution Black with the product since it already includes it? Is the dose high enough to make the difference there?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yah the Arimistane was not in the EPI it was in the black... look the liver stuff is in there too..

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kleen & DreamWeaver... Yes, this changes everything I have been saying about taking our PCT Black during a typical 1-ANDRO or EPI-V cycle. If taking our new FINAFLEX 550-XD, no intra estrogen blocker or organ shield/support is necessary, only immediately following the cycle and even still will only need a low dose of 1-2 caps per night, I would still suggest the 6 caps/day of PURE TEST to boost your natural Testosterone levels as quickly as possible, maintaining, even possibly enhancing your cycle gains!!!

Good Catch, I had not even started talking about that yet, you guys are really on top of it and have been paying attention to what I've always said about being... "Better Safe than Sorry!" Well, Say... "Thank You FINAFLEX" because they have adopted my motto and made their new FINAFLEX 550-XD Black as complete of a product as possible (Effective, Powerful, & Safe)!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Hey Scott I started the PX 500-XT log :)

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
did 550-xd come out yet? not seein it on the site. also how many bottles would be needed? wanna get a good dose

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I have only seen it on one site and it says shipping soon. I think it said the 12th...but don't quote me on that. Your talking about the black series right? Im steadily awaiting ar***** also.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
did 550-xd come out yet? not seein it on the site. also how many bottles would be needed? wanna get a good dose
I am actually recommending a 1st time dose the same way I recommend the 1-ANDRO & EPI-V... 4 caps a day (2 caps in the AM and 2 caps approx. 12hrs later in the PM). Unlike the 1-ANDRO & EPI-V an intra-cycle of PCT Black is unnecessary, as it already contains everything in it already, but the PCT Black is recommended at 1-2caps per night (depending on personal sensitivity to estrogen) immediately following your cycle of the new 550-XD Black as well as adding 6 caps/day of PURE TEST (pure 100% DAA) to jump-start your testosterone in your body and assisting in holding on to all those precious hard-earned muscle gains and fat-loss!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am actually recommending a 1st time dose the same way I recommend the 1-ANDRO & EPI-V... 4 caps a day (2 caps in the AM and 2 caps approx. 12hrs later in the PM). Unlike the 1-ANDRO & EPI-V an intra-cycle of PCT Black is unnecessary, as it already contains everything in it already, but the PCT Black is recommended at 1-2caps per night (depending on personal sensitivity to estrogen) immediately following your cycle of the new 550-XD Black as well as adding 6 caps/day of PURE TEST (pure 100% DAA) to jump-start your testosterone in your body and assisting in holding on to all those precious hard-earned muscle gains and fat-loss!

Not complicated ... I like that.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I found this on BlueberryExtract.com <http://www.blueberryextract.com/story/blueberries-the-worlds-healthiest-food> So besides being synonymous with increased metabolism and appetite reduction (main reasons it is in our FINAFLEX PRO XANTHINE 500-XT), it is also extremely healthy and beneficial to one's over-all physical and mental health... Please read!

BlueberriesThe World’s Healthiest Food 2006-01-01
William Faloon

Over the past year, a record number of independent studies have confirmed the health effects of blueberries. Scientists tested blueberries against an array of common disorders and discovered significant results.

Most impressive was the ability of blueberries to improve memory as well as undo some of the degenerative changes seen in aging neurons. One study showed that the effect of blueberries in suppressing free radical and inflammatory damage in the brain was analogous to long-term calorie restriction. These findings hint that blueberries might be able to reverse certain aspects of brain aging!

Scientists at the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging proclaimed blueberries to be one of the world’s most healthful foods. The media responded by publishing numerous reports attributing wide-ranging benefits to blueberries.

Researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture tested more than 100 different kinds of food for total antioxidant capacity per serving. The study included 24 types of fruits, 23 types of vegetables, 10 types of nuts, 4 types of dried fruits, and 16 types of herbs and spices. Blueberries, both wild and cultivated, scored highest in total antioxidant capacity per serving among all the fruits, vegetables, spices, and herbs tested.1
Packed with unique antioxidants, blueberries neutralize free radical damage to the collagen matrix of tissues that can lead to a host of degenerative disorders. The blue-red pigments found in blueberries improve the integrity of support structures in the skin, joints, and vascular system. Blueberry pigments have been shown to enhance the effects of vitamin C, improve capillary integrity, and stabilize the collagen matrix (the structural substance of all body tissues). These pigments work primarily by preventing free radical and inflammatory damage. Recent studies, however, have identified exciting new mechanisms by which blueberries guard our precious health.

Maintaining Arterial Structure

Blueberry extracts help maintain healthy blood flow via several mechanisms including inhibition of LDL oxidation, decreased platelet aggregation, and reduced inflammation. Blueberries also help maintain healthy endothelial function by preserving nitric oxide bioavailablity.

The endothelium is a thin layer of cells that lines the inner arterial wall. Aging and poor health habits results in endothelial cells becoming dysfunctional, which leads to atherosclerosis. A study published in the August 2005 issue of the Journal of Medicinal Food shows that blueberries function via multiple mechanisms to protect against endothelial dysfunction.

The scientists who conducted this study stated that consumption of blueberries even in late life could improve endothelial function. The conclusion of these scientists was:Whole wild blueberries may have implications in blood pressure regulation and could prove to have a therapeutic role in improving cardiovascular health.”

Improving Memory

Studies of human populations suggest that high intakes of fruits and vegetables reduce the incidence of degenerative neurological disorders.

In a study published in the journal Pharmacological Research (August 2005), blueberry extract fed to rats for 30 days resulted in improved learning on several cognitive performance tests. The researchers concluded that blueberries may be beneficial in the prevention of age-related memory deficits.

Blueberry Crosses Blood-Brain Barrier

At the University of Barcelona-Spain, scientists have shown that blueberry is effective in reversing age-related deficits in neuronal signaling and behavioral parameters. What was unclear, however, is whether the active constituents in blueberry actually cross the blood-brain barrier.

In a study published in the April 2005 issue of Nutritional Neuro-science, these same scientists fed blueberry to rats for 8-10 weeks. Analysis of the brains of these rats indicated that blueberry phytochemicals had indeed crossed the blood-brain barrier and were found in regions of the brain responsible for memory and learning (e.g. the cerebellum, cortex, hippocampus, and striatum) of the blueberry supplemented rats, but not the controls (that did not receive blueberry extract).

These findings are the first to show that blueberry compounds cross the blood brain barrier and localize in various brain regions important for learning and memory. Most significantly, these scientists found that greater concentrations of blueberry in the brain cortex correlated with enhanced cognitive performance.

Reversing Brain Aging

In a study published in the September 1999 issue of the Journal of Neuroscience, rats supplemented with blueberry starting at the age of 6 months showed reduced age-related declines in neuronal and cognitive function. When 19-month old rats were supplemented with blueberry, the effect was a reversal of many age-related deficits. The scientists concluded the study by stating antioxidant rich foods may be beneficial in reversing the course of neuronal and behavioral aging.

Move forward to year 2005, and scientists at Tufts University discover a specific mechanism by which blueberries are able to reverse neurological aging. When cells are exposed to toxic stress factors such as free radicals or inflammatory inducers, a protective mechanism involves the generation of heat shock proteins. Young organisms readily generate heat shock proteins to protect against free radicals and other toxic agents, but older organisms are unable to generate these protective heat shock proteins in sufficient quantity.
In a study published in the April 2005 issue of Neurobiology Aging, scientists supplemented the diets of young and old rats with blueberry. A group receiving no blueberry served as the control. After 10 weeks, the brains of these rats were subjected to an inflammatory challenge and the heat shock protein response was measured. As expected, the brains of young rats produced a strong heat shock protein response, while the old rats made very little protective heat shock protein. The old rats supplemented with blueberry, however, produced as much heat shock protein as the young rats. In this study, the blueberry diet completely restored the heat shock protein response of old rats to that of young rats. This suggests that short-term blueberry intervention may result in protection against a number of neurodegenerative processes in the brain.

Protecting Against Brain Ischemia

When blood flow is interrupted to the brain, significant and permanent damage often results. Blueberries may significantly lessen this damage, suggests a study published in the May 2005 issue of the Journal of Experimental Neurology. In this study, rats fed diets enriched with blueberries, spinach, or spirulina suffered the loss of fewer brain cells and recovered significantly more of their ability to move following a blood flow interrupting event. The size of the area of the brains damaged in the rats receiving the blueberry, spinach, or spirulina diets was significantly less than the control group.

Improving Auditory Processing

Scientists explored whether a 2-month dietary supplementation of blueberry extract could reverse or retard the age-related decline in temporal auditory processing speed observed in the aged rat. As reported in the August 2005 issue of Neuro-biology Aging, aged rats supplemented with blueberry responded vigorously to measurements in the primary auditory cortex of the brain compared to the control group not receiving blueberry. The improvement was so significant that the aged rats fed blueberry were very similar to younger rats. The scientists concluded:“These results suggest that age-related changes in temporal processing speed in the primary auditory cortex may be reversed by dietary supplementation of blueberry phytochemicals.”

Enhancing Survival of Neural Transplants

Transplantation of neural tissue has been explored as a potential therapy to replace dead or dying cells in the brain, such as after brain injury or neurodegenerative disease. However, survival of transplanted tissue is poor, especially when the transplant recipient is of advanced age. Even middle-aged host animals exhibit poor survival after fetal hippocampus transplants.

In a study published in the journal Cell Transplant (2005), when middle aged rats were supplemented with blueberry extract, hippocampal graft growth was significantly improved and cellular organization of grafts was comparable to that seen in tissue grafted to young host animals. This study corroborates previous studies that have demonstrated improvement of neuronal deficits in aged animals given a diet supplemented with blueberry extract.

Inhibiting Metastasis

Cancerous cells are able to grow and invade surrounding tissue by secreting enzymes that break down the surrounding matrix that would otherwise confine them. A study published in August 2005 in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry showed that blueberry flavonoids down-regulate these structure-degrading enzymes that enables cancerous cells to spread and invade other tissues.

Controlling Undesirable Cell Division

Healthy cell division involves regulated cell proliferation and normal programmed cell destruction (apoptosis). In a study published in the September 2005 issue of the Journal of Agriculture Food Chemistry, colon cancer cells that were growing and dividing abnormally were exposed to blueberry extract. The results showed that proliferation was impeded by 50% and factors necessary to induce apoptosis were activated. The scientists who conducted this study stated that blueberries may help reduce colon cancer risk.

Summary

Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fruits and vegetables. Recent studies, however, indicate that blueberries possess multiple, diverse health benefits including maintaining and enhancing endothelial function, helping to prevent age-related memory and learning deficits, rejuvenating brain cell function, and helping to prevent cancer.

Strong scientific evidence shows that blueberries protect against the most prevalent age-related maladies. Logically, liberal blueberry consumption is a critical strategy to obtain optimal benefit and protection against age-related changes.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I found this on BlueberryExtract.com <http://www.blueberryextract.com/story/blueberries-the-worlds-healthiest-food> So besides being synonymous with increased metabolism and appetite reduction (main reasons it is in our FINAFLEX PRO XANTHINE 500-XT), it is also extremely healthy and beneficial to one's over-all physical and mental health... Please read!

BlueberriesThe World’s Healthiest Food 2006-01-01
William Faloon

Over the past year, a record number of independent studies have confirmed the health effects of blueberries. Scientists tested blueberries against an array of common disorders and discovered significant results.

Most impressive was the ability of blueberries to improve memory as well as undo some of the degenerative changes seen in aging neurons. One study showed that the effect of blueberries in suppressing free radical and inflammatory damage in the brain was analogous to long-term calorie restriction. These findings hint that blueberries might be able to reverse certain aspects of brain aging!

Scientists at the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging proclaimed blueberries to be one of the world’s most healthful foods. The media responded by publishing numerous reports attributing wide-ranging benefits to blueberries.

Researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture tested more than 100 different kinds of food for total antioxidant capacity per serving. The study included 24 types of fruits, 23 types of vegetables, 10 types of nuts, 4 types of dried fruits, and 16 types of herbs and spices. Blueberries, both wild and cultivated, scored highest in total antioxidant capacity per serving among all the fruits, vegetables, spices, and herbs tested.1
Packed with unique antioxidants, blueberries neutralize free radical damage to the collagen matrix of tissues that can lead to a host of degenerative disorders. The blue-red pigments found in blueberries improve the integrity of support structures in the skin, joints, and vascular system. Blueberry pigments have been shown to enhance the effects of vitamin C, improve capillary integrity, and stabilize the collagen matrix (the structural substance of all body tissues). These pigments work primarily by preventing free radical and inflammatory damage. Recent studies, however, have identified exciting new mechanisms by which blueberries guard our precious health.

Maintaining Arterial Structure

Blueberry extracts help maintain healthy blood flow via several mechanisms including inhibition of LDL oxidation, decreased platelet aggregation, and reduced inflammation. Blueberries also help maintain healthy endothelial function by preserving nitric oxide bioavailablity.

The endothelium is a thin layer of cells that lines the inner arterial wall. Aging and poor health habits results in endothelial cells becoming dysfunctional, which leads to atherosclerosis. A study published in the August 2005 issue of the Journal of Medicinal Food shows that blueberries function via multiple mechanisms to protect against endothelial dysfunction.

The scientists who conducted this study stated that consumption of blueberries even in late life could improve endothelial function. The conclusion of these scientists was:Whole wild blueberries may have implications in blood pressure regulation and could prove to have a therapeutic role in improving cardiovascular health.”

Improving Memory

Studies of human populations suggest that high intakes of fruits and vegetables reduce the incidence of degenerative neurological disorders.

In a study published in the journal Pharmacological Research (August 2005), blueberry extract fed to rats for 30 days resulted in improved learning on several cognitive performance tests. The researchers concluded that blueberries may be beneficial in the prevention of age-related memory deficits.

Blueberry Crosses Blood-Brain Barrier

At the University of Barcelona-Spain, scientists have shown that blueberry is effective in reversing age-related deficits in neuronal signaling and behavioral parameters. What was unclear, however, is whether the active constituents in blueberry actually cross the blood-brain barrier.

In a study published in the April 2005 issue of Nutritional Neuro-science, these same scientists fed blueberry to rats for 8-10 weeks. Analysis of the brains of these rats indicated that blueberry phytochemicals had indeed crossed the blood-brain barrier and were found in regions of the brain responsible for memory and learning (e.g. the cerebellum, cortex, hippocampus, and striatum) of the blueberry supplemented rats, but not the controls (that did not receive blueberry extract).

These findings are the first to show that blueberry compounds cross the blood brain barrier and localize in various brain regions important for learning and memory. Most significantly, these scientists found that greater concentrations of blueberry in the brain cortex correlated with enhanced cognitive performance.

Reversing Brain Aging

In a study published in the September 1999 issue of the Journal of Neuroscience, rats supplemented with blueberry starting at the age of 6 months showed reduced age-related declines in neuronal and cognitive function. When 19-month old rats were supplemented with blueberry, the effect was a reversal of many age-related deficits. The scientists concluded the study by stating antioxidant rich foods may be beneficial in reversing the course of neuronal and behavioral aging.

Move forward to year 2005, and scientists at Tufts University discover a specific mechanism by which blueberries are able to reverse neurological aging. When cells are exposed to toxic stress factors such as free radicals or inflammatory inducers, a protective mechanism involves the generation of heat shock proteins. Young organisms readily generate heat shock proteins to protect against free radicals and other toxic agents, but older organisms are unable to generate these protective heat shock proteins in sufficient quantity.
In a study published in the April 2005 issue of Neurobiology Aging, scientists supplemented the diets of young and old rats with blueberry. A group receiving no blueberry served as the control. After 10 weeks, the brains of these rats were subjected to an inflammatory challenge and the heat shock protein response was measured. As expected, the brains of young rats produced a strong heat shock protein response, while the old rats made very little protective heat shock protein. The old rats supplemented with blueberry, however, produced as much heat shock protein as the young rats. In this study, the blueberry diet completely restored the heat shock protein response of old rats to that of young rats. This suggests that short-term blueberry intervention may result in protection against a number of neurodegenerative processes in the brain.

Protecting Against Brain Ischemia

When blood flow is interrupted to the brain, significant and permanent damage often results. Blueberries may significantly lessen this damage, suggests a study published in the May 2005 issue of the Journal of Experimental Neurology. In this study, rats fed diets enriched with blueberries, spinach, or spirulina suffered the loss of fewer brain cells and recovered significantly more of their ability to move following a blood flow interrupting event. The size of the area of the brains damaged in the rats receiving the blueberry, spinach, or spirulina diets was significantly less than the control group.

Improving Auditory Processing

Scientists explored whether a 2-month dietary supplementation of blueberry extract could reverse or retard the age-related decline in temporal auditory processing speed observed in the aged rat. As reported in the August 2005 issue of Neuro-biology Aging, aged rats supplemented with blueberry responded vigorously to measurements in the primary auditory cortex of the brain compared to the control group not receiving blueberry. The improvement was so significant that the aged rats fed blueberry were very similar to younger rats. The scientists concluded:“These results suggest that age-related changes in temporal processing speed in the primary auditory cortex may be reversed by dietary supplementation of blueberry phytochemicals.”

Enhancing Survival of Neural Transplants

Transplantation of neural tissue has been explored as a potential therapy to replace dead or dying cells in the brain, such as after brain injury or neurodegenerative disease. However, survival of transplanted tissue is poor, especially when the transplant recipient is of advanced age. Even middle-aged host animals exhibit poor survival after fetal hippocampus transplants.

In a study published in the journal Cell Transplant (2005), when middle aged rats were supplemented with blueberry extract, hippocampal graft growth was significantly improved and cellular organization of grafts was comparable to that seen in tissue grafted to young host animals. This study corroborates previous studies that have demonstrated improvement of neuronal deficits in aged animals given a diet supplemented with blueberry extract.

Inhibiting Metastasis

Cancerous cells are able to grow and invade surrounding tissue by secreting enzymes that break down the surrounding matrix that would otherwise confine them. A study published in August 2005 in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry showed that blueberry flavonoids down-regulate these structure-degrading enzymes that enables cancerous cells to spread and invade other tissues.

Controlling Undesirable Cell Division

Healthy cell division involves regulated cell proliferation and normal programmed cell destruction (apoptosis). In a study published in the September 2005 issue of the Journal of Agriculture Food Chemistry, colon cancer cells that were growing and dividing abnormally were exposed to blueberry extract. The results showed that proliferation was impeded by 50% and factors necessary to induce apoptosis were activated. The scientists who conducted this study stated that blueberries may help reduce colon cancer risk.

Summary

Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fruits and vegetables. Recent studies, however, indicate that blueberries possess multiple, diverse health benefits including maintaining and enhancing endothelial function, helping to prevent age-related memory and learning deficits, rejuvenating brain cell function, and helping to prevent cancer.

Strong scientific evidence shows that blueberries protect against the most prevalent age-related maladies. Logically, liberal blueberry consumption is a critical strategy to obtain optimal benefit and protection against age-related changes.

That's intriging for an old fugger like me....

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"FOOD FOR THOUGHT..." Literally, all pun intended!!!
Yah there is lots of places I could add them in my diet too. In my salads etc...

TRPS4DAYS

Awards
ScottyDoc.........any new updates on the 550XD release? I havent found anyone stocking it yet.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We had a meeting today and not really sure if they want this to be made public or not, but from what they said, they should be in stock on shelves and online stores by the end of next week!

And just so everyone knows, I am as eager for this product to come out as any one of you, I get to try it out first thing, so believe me I'm waiting around in equal anticipation as everyone else!!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We had a meeting today and not really sure if they want this to be made public or not, but from what they said, they should be in stock on shelves and online stores by the end of next week!

And just so everyone knows, I am as eager for this product to come out as any one of you, I get to try it out first thing, so believe me I'm waiting around in equal anticipation as everyone else!!!
Sounds great doc! I can't wait!

TRPS4DAYS

Awards

Thanks for the quick response Scotty.....cant wait to get my hands on it as well.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, I was surfing the internet and found this study done by Vanderbilt University and found it very interesting and definitely wanted to share this with you all, please enjoy this article/study as it is a good read and I welcome all opinions whether they agree or disagree with this study....

How Much Protein Do Athletes Need?

By: Lee Knight Caffery

WHAT IS PROTEIN?

Protein is made up of essential and non - essential amino acids. A chain of amino acids is called a polypeptide. The human body can make the non - essential amino acids, whereas the essential amino acids must be ingested through food. Protein is found in food, and is most highly concentrated in animal sources than other sources. It is digested by the human body, and broken down into its amino acid components, beginning in the stomach. An enzyme disassembles the protein polypeptide chains into smaller components, which are broken down again and again in order to facilitate the digestion process. Once the protein has been broken down sufficiently, it can be absorbed and stored for the body to use. Protein can be inefficiently used as energy by converting amino acids to glucose, but it is primarily used by the body to build and repair tissues. If too much protein is taken in, the excess may be stored as fat.

INTAKE OF PROTEIN

How much protein should an individual eat? Are protein supplements necessary? Much hype exists about protein and its importance. "Mix one part fact with several parts ignorance; season with advertising, sprinkle on a need for that all-important competitive edge, and you have a recipe for protein supplements" (6). This statement generally reflects what physicians and well educated authorities on diet and sports medicine believe. Most Americans consume a 12% protein diet and most body builders a 25% to 30% protein diet (6.) Many athletes commonly believe that they must take in more protein than the recommended intake. The health industry recognizes this, and thus a plethora of fitness magazines and health food stores boast advertisements for protein supplements and amino acids. These advertising campaigns suggest that protein supplements and amino acids are perhaps a legal, healthy, substitute for anabolic steroids. The fact is that gargantuan amounts of protein intake is not going make a world class athlete; training builds endurance and muscle, not protein alone. The average sedentary adult needs to consume only 30 to 60 grams of dietary protein per day to replace amino acids used by the body (4.) It is true that as an athlete exercises, more amino acids and protein are used by the body than a sedentary person, thus the need for dietary protein may increase. However, one must keep in mind that protein contains calories, and any excess calories that are not burned are stored as fat, and protein is an inefficient source of energy for the body to use.

PROTEIN AND ATHLETES

What evidence is there to support or disprove claims that high intake levels of protein help build muscle mass and better athletes? Muscles are made mostly of protein, so logically one would think that the more protein in the diet, the more muscle one should have. Certain types of exercise, weight lifting for example, do stimulate muscle growth. So, a combination of weight training and large amounts (the more, the better) should be beneficial, right? Not exactly. The most recent indications are that dietary protein in excess of the current recommended dietary allowance (0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day) is likely needed for optimal muscle growth (5.) "The current recommended dietary allowance doesn't seem to be enough for elite athletes who are training every day, who are growing, or who are training especially hard right before an event" (6.) However, the benefit appears to plateau at intakes well below the levels typically consumed by many athletes. Thus, for best results, a diet high in protein is beneficial for muscle growth, but only to an extent. Once a certain intake level is reached, any additional protein taken in will not help build muscle mass any more.

A study done by Fern et. al (1991) showed that greater gains in body mass occur over four weeks of heavy weight training when young men consumed 3.3 versus 1.3 grams if protein per kilogram of body mass. In addition a study done by Meredith et al. (1992) found that a daily dietary supplement containing 23 grams of protein combined with weight training can enhance muscle mass gains relative to similar subjects who trained with out the supplement. Both of the studies show support for the belief that increased protein in the diet can help increase muscle mass, but it should be noted that these effects were found with a combination of intake and training. These two studies further indicated that a protein intake of about 1.7 - 1.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day, when combined with weight training will enhance muscle development compared with similar training with an intake of 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day (5.) However, it is important to note that there is little good evidence that the very high protein intakes (more than 2 grams per kilogram of body weight per day) typically consumed by strength athletes are beneficial. Moreover, it is possible to obtain this quantity of protein without special supplementation assuming a mixed diet containing sufficient energy is consumed.

Endurance athletes differ from strength training athletes because they do not develop the muscle mass that weight training athletes do. Endurance athletes, nevertheless can benefit from protein intakes over the recommended dietary allowance because the exercise they participate in does still alter protein metabolism, in a different way. In weight training glucose is used for energy and because weight training is intense, fat and protein cannot be use for energy production. The protein intake increase for strength athletes is to supplement and help tissue and muscle rebuilding, after the exercise. Because endurance athletes exercise for long periods of time, (2 - 5 hours at a time) they can use protein as a source of 5% - 10% of their total energy expended. This protein needs to be replaced as well as protein that is used for tissue repair, thus an elevated level of intake can be beneficial. The same applies to endurance athletes as strength training athletes -- a point exists at which any more protein taken in is no longer beneficial.

CONSEQUENCES OF EXCESS PROTEIN INTAKE

A common misconception about excess protein in the diet is that it can cause kidney damage; excess protein cannot cause kidney damage even though it does make the kidneys work harder. When protein is metabolized nitrogen is a by - product; the kidneys work to remove the extra nitrogen from the body. As of yet, no studies have found an high rate of kidney problems in strength athletes as would be expected if too much protein caused kidney damage. Also, Zaragoza et al. (1987) studied animals with very high protein intakes for more than half their life span and found no serious adverse effects.

High intake levels of protein can lead to increased water loss because the body excretes water to dispose of urea, a substance formed in the breakdown of protein. Water loss coupled with the fact that most athletes loose a great amount of water through sweat, can lead to dehydration if fluid intake is not properly monitored. An excess of purified protein can, however, take calcium away from bones, thus predisposing one for osteoporosis.

PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS

Although protein is seldom used as an energy source, and despite the fact that the average American diet far exceeds the recommended daily allowance for protein, many athletes still believe that supplementary protein can enhance athletic performance. Athletes do need additional calories for energy, but too much protein intake will be stored as fat. Most protein supplements provide a lot of calories as well as protein. A balanced diet can easily provide enough protein for an athlete, and protein supplements are not necessary. Again, the average athlete cannot be turned into a champion simply by altering their diet or specific nutrient intakes. The most important determinant of athletic prowess is something over which we exert no control: our genes. Most experts rank physical training next; good nutrition comes in third (3.) Of special importance to remember is the fact that enough protein to meet needs can be obtained from a balanced diet and the fact that a protein intake of more than the recommended dietary allowance can only be potentially beneficial (to an extent) for elite athletes.

REFERENCES

(1) Aronson, Virginia. (1989). Protein and Miscellaneous Ergogenic Aids. Physician and Sports Medicine, 14, 199-202.
(2) Clark, Nancy. (1991). How To Pack a Meatless Diet Full of Nutrients. Physician and Sports Medicine, 19, 31-34.
(3) Henderson, Doug. Nutrition and the Athlete. FDA Consumer, 21, 18-21.
(4) Houston, Michael. (1992) Protein and Amino Acid Needs of Athletes. Nutrition Today, 27, 36-38.
(5) Lemon, Peter. (1996). Is Increased Dietary Protein Necessary or Beneficial for Individuals with a Physically Active Lifestyle? Nutrition Reviews, 54, S169-S173.
(6) McCarthy, Paul. (1989). How Much Protein Do Athletes Really Need? Physician and Sports Medecine, 17, 173-175.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More Food for Thought... PROTEIN

[h=3]Beef[/h]
  • Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein
  • Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams
  • Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce
[h=3]
Chicken
[/h]
  • Chicken breast, 3.5 oz - 30 grams protein
  • Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size)
  • Drumstick – 11 grams
  • Wing – 6 grams
  • Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams

[h=3]Fish[/h]
  • Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce
  • Tuna, 6 oz can - 40 grams of protein
[h=3]
Pork
[/h]
  • Pork chop, average - 22 grams protein
  • Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams
  • Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams
  • Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams
  • Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams
  • Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams
[h=3]
Eggs and Dairy
[/h]
  • Egg, large - 6 grams protein
  • Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams
  • Cottage cheese, ½ cup - 15 grams
  • Yogurt, 1 cup – usually 8-12 grams, check label
  • Soft cheeses (Mozzarella, Brie, Camembert) – 6 grams per oz
  • Medium cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss) – 7 or 8 grams per oz
  • Hard cheeses (Parmesan) – 10 grams per oz
[h=3]
Beans (including soy)
[/h]
  • Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein
  • Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams
  • Soy milk, 1 cup - 6 -10 grams
  • Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans
  • Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein
  • Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams
[h=3]
Nuts and Seeds
[/h]
  • Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons - 8 grams protein
  • Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
  • Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams
  • Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams
  • Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams
  • Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams
  • Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
  • Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I do believe we don't need as much protein as we once thought but sometimes we eat more just to maintain a ratio of carbs to Protein. Remember is you are not in a calorie surplus you will not gain fat, even if your Protein content is too high. Still a lot of us should just increase the amount of healthy fats. Now fats are dense in calories so we don't want to make ourselves to hungry, by hitting our calorie levels too soon.

a) Decide how many calories you want to ingest.
b) Play with the marcro-nutrient ratios till you find what works best for you. I think at least 1 gram of protein per lean lb of bodyweight is absolutely necessary. So If I am 200 lbs and 10% bf I need to take in at least 180 grams. Now your going to find that most ratios you will be using for bodybuilding is going to exceed the base amount so don't worry about it.
c) Now most of you will see that protein supplementation for the most part is unecessary, as a convenience sure but not part of my regular routine where I could be eating real food. There are times in our daily lives though that we need to use powders to keep the balance.
d) Don't be afraid to add fats, especially healthy ones. If you are carb sensitive like many of us are you could go up to 30-35% fats in some situations.
e) Everybody's different you have to find out how you respond to different macro plans.

Like I said as far as minimum intake I would go by 1 gram per lb of lean mass. However in anabolic situations where protein synthesis is increased you could go as high as 1.5 and still benefit depending on what you are taking. I do believe if you are hitting your target calories extra protein won't hurt, just drink plenty of water.