• RockStar
  • Established

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Proper Form/Technique...

This is something that has been bothering me for quite some time now. I don't know if it just my own personal problem or is because I'm a Doctor of Chiropractic, either way it drives me absolutely crazy when I see people lifting with not just poor form, but with the most grotesk form I have ever seen, I mean horrible and more than 9/10 times it is in an attempt for this person/s to lift more weight than they should or need to be lifting in order to achieve what we are all in the gym for, break down the muscle tissue via (micro-trauma) and rest & feed these muscles so they will recover (bigger, faster, stronger). I found this video of a Gentleman (Ken Roebuck) on youtube who explains and demonstrates what I consider perfect form with his dead-lifts....

Video by: Ken Roebuck

Please feel welcome to share horror stories of people in your gym using horrible, even dangerous form, as well as disagreeing/debating my opinion on using better form if you truly feel that by lifting more weights with poor form you are building your muscles faster than by using less weight with better form, etc. If you come across a video of good or bad form that you feel is relevant to this post, by all means post and include your opinion, etc. I am posting this here so we may all share our opinions and learn!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Importance of Physical Activity
at an early age...

Hey guys, I found this youtube video of a Canadian Doctor expressing the importance of physical activity in the early years and found it to be both quite interesting and quite relevant with some of the health problems our society is facing today, please check this out and by all means comment, opinions are welcome!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all my name Entries would have been Bitchin Berry and Whalin Watermelon ... oh well ..whackin watermelon also came to mind and oh hell yah Whackoff Watermellon lol...

I've done the Cottage Cheese Myofusion thing and it's fist class, myofusion is good for anything like that. Mix it with skin mild and freez it and you have a pretty good tasting protein Ice Cream...

550-XD sounds good, is this the replacement for the old 550 you were talking about earlier.?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
550-XD sounds good, is this the replacement for the old 550 you were talking about earlier.?
Yes sir... Absolutely! I can't wait, we are a little behind schedule because of the unusually long wait we are having purity results from and independent lab in Austin, TX I believe. Anyway, I am confident that all will come back well and we will proceed and have this product on the shelves very soon!!!

The New FINAFLEX 550-XD Black, the Pro-Hormone in which
all other PH's shall be measured against!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes sir... Absolutely! I can't wait, we are a little behind schedule because of the unusually long wait we are having purity results from and independent lab in Austin, TX I believe. Anyway, I am confident that all will come back well and we will proceed and have this product on the shelves very soon!!!

The New FINAFLEX 550-XD Black, the Pro-Hormone in which
all other PH's shall be measured against!!!

Can't wait to see what's in it... tried to read the ingredients in the pic but they were too small...

malleus25

malleus25

Awards

FINAFLEX 550-XD will be the most pivotal advancement in lean muscle acquisition ever introduced. 550-XD is built with a potent legal bodybuilding ingredient that produces RESULTS, delivering rock hard lean muscle while managing estrogen levels, detoxifying the liver, and supporting healthy joint function. The innovative ingredient in 550-XD is delivered to the body by two anabolic amplifiers that increase absorption and bio-availability.
Hey doc, this is a PH? But from the bottle label claims it looks like a cycle assist. If it a PH then damn a PH with some cycle support bulit in would be nice.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey doc, this is a PH? But from the bottle label claims it looks like a cycle assist. If it a PH then damn a PH with some cycle support bulit in would be nice.
Yah this is there M.O. they mix stuff you need into the central product...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It does have cycle support, but keyword is support... so it does not replace the need for a PCT following a cycle, only supports healthy functions intra-cycle! So I repeat, because this is very important... a PCT will still be required following a cycle of the New FINAFLEX 550-XD Black!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recipe Sharing Time...

High Protein Pumpkin Pancakes...

Ingredients:

• 7.5 oz of canned pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup oatmeal, dry
  • 1/3 cup multigrain or whole wheat pancake mix
  • 1 scoop vanilla (or plain) protein powder
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly with a fork. For a finely mixed batter, put the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Preheat a non‐stick skillet on medium heat, or use a large griddle. Pour the pancake mixture onto the pan or griddle to form 2 large pancakes.
3. Flip each pancake as soon as it is firm enough to flip and the bottom side is lightly brown. Cook on medium heat and keep a close eye on them since they cook quickly and the outside burns easily.

Nutrition Info: (makes 2 large, 5 inch wide, pancakes)

• Calories: 507
  • Protein: 44.1 g
  • Carbs: 69.7 g
  • Fat: 5 g
If you eat only 1, then put the other in the fridge for tomorrow (1 large 5 inch wide pancake):
  • Calories: 253.5
  • Protein: 22 g
  • Carbs: 34.8 g
  • Fat: 2.5 g
Recipe by: Herb Cables

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Recipe Sharing Time...

High Protein Pumpkin Pancakes...

Ingredients:

• 7.5 oz of canned pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup oatmeal, dry
  • 1/3 cup multigrain or whole wheat pancake mix
  • 1 scoop vanilla (or plain) protein powder
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly with a fork. For a finely mixed batter, put the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Preheat a non‐stick skillet on medium heat, or use a large griddle. Pour the pancake mixture onto the pan or griddle to form 2 large pancakes.
3. Flip each pancake as soon as it is firm enough to flip and the bottom side is lightly brown. Cook on medium heat and keep a close eye on them since they cook quickly and the outside burns easily.

Nutrition Info: (makes 2 large, 5 inch wide, pancakes)

• Calories: 507
  • Protein: 44.1 g
  • Carbs: 69.7 g
  • Fat: 5 g
If you eat only 1, then put the other in the fridge for tomorrow (1 large 5 inch wide pancake):
  • Calories: 253.5
  • Protein: 22 g
  • Carbs: 34.8 g
  • Fat: 2.5 g
Recipe by: Herb Cables
Oh man!!! I down with this one... oh fug!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Training Tips & Motivational Speaking
by: Atlanta, GA Local
Toney Freeman

As you all know and I have mentioned before, I have had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Toney as he frequents local gyms in the area and actually trained the entire year at the FORUM gym in Alpharetta, GA while I worked for the Chiropractor attached to the gym. This first video I take very seriously because I am 37yrs old and due to a torn pec, I too have had to change my style of lifting in accordance to my age and what my body could handle and recover from. Toney is a huge advocate of lifting lighter for higher reps and as you can see, it has not slowed down his progress...

Yet another excellent video of Toney giving a motivational and educational seminar in Denmark where he makes a very excellent and solid opinion on the importance of Nutrition in Bodybuilding whether you are competing or just doing it to acquire the best body you can, you absolutely cannot and will not achieve the body you desire without proper nutrition and I really like the way he explains its importance...

I find this information very important and relevant because it has sure helped me in my quest as an avid bodybuilder to both safely and effectively achieve the body I desire. I just hope this same information helps others out there as it has helped me!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINAFLEX Holiday Greetings to AnabolicMinds members...

Here is another extremely helpful little tip on how to make your foods both lower in fat and less calories while still maintaining good flavor, it is helpful all year-round, but I found these tips to be especially helpful this time of year when there is a lot of cooking and good recipes going around during the holiday season where you can definitely cut out some unnecessary fat... Literally!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Breaking news...This Dragon Is Sick

image-868580074.png

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Adjustments I have made due to age, are a) 1 never go beyond form failure, b) I have lowered my volume c) I don't lift heavy all the time but use progressive patterns working my way up.

You know I am an animal and would love to just tear it up all the time but now I have to plan ahead and work my way up to the bigger numbers, I use higher reps more often. I work fast so I can keep my intensity high. To tell you the truth I don't even know if all the extra work I idid was even neccessary. I will watch the videos and comment more later but I just wanted to chime in with some of my personal experience. Lifting hard and heavy all the time was tearing me to pieces, and it was high time I adjusted.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Adjustments I have made due to age, are a) 1 never go beyond form failure, b) I have lowered my volume c) I don't lift heavy all the time but use progressive patterns working my way up.

You know I am an animal and would love to just tear it up all the time but now I have to plan ahead and work my way up to the bigger numbers, I use higher reps more often. I work fast so I can keep my intensity high. To tell you the truth I don't even know if all the extra work I idid was even neccessary. I will watch the videos and comment more later but I just wanted to chime in with some of my personal experience. Lifting hard and heavy all the time was tearing me to pieces, and it was high time I adjusted.
I agree DW. I haven't had a chance to watch the video, but my switch from the hard and heavy has given me great results with much less wear and tear. I will post more after I get a chance to really read through and watch.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree DW. I haven't had a chance to watch the video, but my switch from the hard and heavy has given me great results with much less wear and tear. I will post more after I get a chance to really read through and watch.
Yah sometimes less is more, and one thing I have discovered is your joints age a lot faster than your muscles, you have to find ways to decrease joint trauma while maintaining hypertropy... not really that hard to do when you think about it. A lot of it's just getting over what is in our head.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I am learning that low low volume with high uber high intensity does not work for me anymore. Don't get me wrong my muscles still love it but my joints curse me out. I am using different training techniques now. Shorter rest period acheiving cumulative muscle failure seems to be working really well right now. Here is an example of my upper body workout from last night.

all rest periods are 30 second timed rest periods between sets and also between moving to secondary exercises.

DB Incline Bench - 75x10 4 sets - by 4rth set the 10th rep was almost impossible in good form.
Pec Deck 150x15, 150x8

Wide Pronated Grip Pull Down - 165x10x3 sets 165x8
Incline DB Shrugs - 55x15, 55x14

Front Shoulder Press Nuetral Grip - 155x10, x10, x7>125x3, 125x8
Lateral Raise Machine 80x15, x12

Dips - 30, 20

20 sets completed in 32 minutes

Typically with this method the first and second set are not that hard somewhere in the middle of the 3rd set the fatigue sets in and the 4rth sets is work all the way through. My fourth set is maximum reps, and once I hit more than 10 I go up in weight. Secondary sets are just finishers or hitting from a different angle. So my joints don't take the abuse of the heavy weights but the muscles have to call upon all the fibers due to cumulative fatigue and the sarcoplasm and mitochondria are all pushed causing sarcoplasmic growth.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I am learning that low low volume with high uber high intensity does not work for me anymore. Don't get me wrong my muscles still love it but my joints curse me out. I am using different training techniques now. Shorter rest period acheiving cumulative muscle failure seems to be working really well right now. Here is an example of my upper body workout from last night.

all rest periods are 30 second timed rest periods between sets and also between moving to secondary exercises.

DB Incline Bench - 75x10 4 sets - by 4rth set the 10th rep was almost impossible in good form.
Pec Deck 150x15, 150x8

Wide Pronated Grip Pull Down - 165x10x3 sets 165x8
Incline DB Shrugs - 55x15, 55x14

Front Shoulder Press Nuetral Grip - 155x10, x10, x7>125x3, 125x8
Lateral Raise Machine 80x15, x12

Dips - 30, 20

20 sets completed in 32 minutes

Typically with this method the first and second set are not that hard somewhere in the middle of the 3rd set the fatigue sets in and the 4rth sets is work all the way through. My fourth set is maximum reps, and once I hit more than 10 I go up in weight. Secondary sets are just finishers or hitting from a different angle. So my joints don't take the abuse of the heavy weights but the muscles have to call upon all the fibers due to cumulative fatigue and the sarcoplasm and mitochondria are all pushed causing sarcoplasmic growth.
Why is this? I find anything above my 3 rep max and the results are sub par. 5 I can get away with because my body can still remain pretty strict and I do the reps very slowly. But I remember my run with gvt and it made my joints cry.
With all that contradicting stuff said I feel that going for higher reps does tend to keep you honest. Unless your trying to use weights for sports training feeling the weight over moving the weight will always lead to better results, be it less injury, or mote muscle activation. I still do like to train in the higher percentiles but that's because I'm a meathead.
I think I'm goin to be using a pyramid type protocol. Tax my muscles then still work in the strength. My body doesn't know what amount I'm pushing but hopefully with the accumulated fatigue I still can get some good muscle stimulation. :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When you say why is this and say anything above my 3 reps max and results are sub par do you mean the if you lift heavier than your 3 rep max or if you go much higher on reps than 3? Also the results you speak of, what are they? Increased strength? Increased work capacity? Increased size?

I mean 3 reps sets can be very beneficial and safe even for older people. It depends on how you are doing those 3 reps. Are you doing the 3 reps at 95% of your max or are you doing multiple sets of 3 reps increasing weight or sets until you can no longer accelerate the weight quickly? There is a HYUGE difference there. If using the acceleration method you are unlikely to get into the extremely heavy weights that are taxing your joints a lot. You are also stopping before you cause overtraining to your CNS.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When you say why is this and say anything above my 3 reps max and results are sub par do you mean the if you lift heavier than your 3 rep max or if you go much higher on reps than 3? Also the results you speak of, what are they? Increased strength? Increased work capacity? Increased size?

I mean 3 reps sets can be very beneficial and safe even for older people. It depends on how you are doing those 3 reps. Are you doing the 3 reps at 95% of your max or are you doing multiple sets of 3 reps increasing weight or sets until you can no longer accelerate the weight quickly? There is a HYUGE difference there. If using the acceleration method you are unlikely to get into the extremely heavy weights that are taxing your joints a lot. You are also stopping before you cause overtraining to your CNS.
I use the three rep scheme for max load days. So I work up to a load where I can no longer hit 3 reps. Usually I'll do this in a power phase. I usually feel a lot more taxed then my muscles feel used. Like I have that spent feeling. I guess thats cns drain. But then again strength is basically that. Cns adaption. So I pretty much answered my own question lol.
Thanks for reading kleen. I tend to ask those questions where the answer is right in front of me but I just don't connect the dots.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the drained feeling is probably more from CNS being drained however all strength does not come from CNS efficiency at a movement. Once the efficiency has been developed the strength increase is typically the the result of the physical adaptation of the muscle fiber itself adding protein and increasing the thickness and strength of the contracting fibers. The sarcoplasm is the fluid and mitochondria and what not that fill those fibers and feed them so for the fiber itself to grow thier needs to be adequate fuel. Higher reps and or cumulative fatigue cause an increase in the sarcoplasm of the muscle. More mitochondria and fuel for the muscle fibers, also stretching the muscle fibers via the pump. Increasing ATP which in turn increases work capacity which increases overall stress on the muscle fiber which induces growth in the fiber itself. This is why it is also a good idea to go back and forth between higher rep training and concentrating on purely increasing strength. However one can just as easily work at increasing strength at ANY rep range which is what most people do not think is possible. Take for example my workout above I used 10 reps however I used it to increase work capacity by extreme limitation of my rest periods there limiting my ability to move a lot of weight. However if I were to rest 60 seconds my weights could have been substanscially higher, 2 minutes rest and again my weights would have been even that much more heavy. Many of the greats of the old days built a lot of natural muscle with heavy sets of 20 reps on bench, squats, dead lifts.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chris I have a feeling we're talking about similar things just looking at it in a different way. It's true I don't respond to things like DC training as my muscles are too mature for that low of volume. On the other hand I find extreme volume a big waste of time for me. I am all on board with the short rest periiods and progressive lifts, I love that shyte. Get in bash the crap out of yourself and get out. A lot of people when they say intensity they mean low reps heavy weight. This does not have to be the case, you can get intensity from short rest perionds, drop sets and super setting. I like to get everything sone in under an hour, 45 minutes if I can. I find I am making about as much progress as I can and never leave anything at the gym. That's the bottom like really.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh definitely DW, we are talking about the same things for sure. I love working intensely in the gym and right now sheer weight is not the answer for me. So I increase it the same way you are, or with time under tension, a little higher reps, and just keep some method of measured progression involved in what training I am doing. Whether that be work in an amount of time, more reps, or more weight.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh definitely DW, we are talking about the same things for sure. I love working intensely in the gym and right now sheer weight is not the answer for me. So I increase it the same way you are, or with time under tension, a little higher reps, and just keep some method of measured progression involved in what training I am doing. Whether that be work in an amount of time, more reps, or more weight.
Yah I figured, I am just loving Warrior, way more than I thought I would. I have never felt like I am doing all I can without doing too much the way I do with warrior. Especially phase 2. I get it done in 40 to 45 minutes and I am blazing all the way through, it is just fun...I look forward to the gym every time. Another thing that helps is I'm still looking pretty good, lean gains and hard work with a easier dieting style. So far a pretty good off season. Less than a month I will start my lean bulk.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Finaflex G8 Review

by Blockhead

The year of 2010 brought us the hip hop club anthem from The Far East Movement G6 but in the dietary supplement world a new company rose out of the ashes like a Phoenix which happens to be their logo.

Enter: Redefine Nutrition. Redefine made big waves in the nutritional supplement/sports nutrition industry with their FINAFLEX line. An innovative company looking to change the game and the way it’s played in this market offering new ideas in formulation of products and unique combination of compounds using what is proven to have effect on body composition and ridding itself of useless fillers and other junk that is used to make a product looked “stacked to the max”.

Last week I was able to try a sample packet of their Rest/Recovery formula known as G8. Sleep aid formulas have been getting popular as of late. We’ve always heard that we grow and change from rest or when we sleep and the most savvy of serious trainers know that natural release of growth hormone is released during deep sleep. There is definitely something to be said about the benefits of quality sleep. Something so misunderstood and so abused. We live in a society that dubbed the phrase “Sleep? Overrated. I’ll sleep when I’m dead”. Lack of deep sleep accelerates the aging process and gradually works against our complex human bodies wrecking havoc in a long run and blunting real gains and change we work so hard to induce.

I know what it’s like to lose sleep. Being a rotating shift worker who still hit the weights I often find myself at night tossing & turning trying or flipping my pillows over and over again. I’ve tried Tylenol PM and even Nyquil but both can make me feel groggy and achy the next morning. Then I tried G8.

I knew based on some of the ingredients that I would have to try it on a day when I don’t have to be up at 6am for work so I picked “my Friday” and poured one packet (one serving) in a glass of water right around 11:00pm. It turned the water into a green murky color but to my surprise it was quite easy to drink. The Lemon Freeze tasted like juice with a slight hint of that medicine-like aftertaste. Tolerable. Like usual I laid in bed and posted on Muscleweek.com and did my round of creeping facebook and downloading music. By 11:30 my eyelids were heavy and sand filled my eyes. I knew it was time to log off and post another day.
What I noticed 11hrs later…

That’s right. I slept like a slumbering dragon for an uninterrupted 11 straight hours. Not once did I toss & turn or wake up to empty my childlike bladder. Here are the dynamics on how it works:

Recovery/Sleep Inducing Matrix – It has L-Glutamine, L-Arginine and L-Dopa in it. L-Dopa is known to be a mood elevating compound that studies show has an effect on our serotonin levels or “feel good hormones”. Glutamine & Arginine I am guessing to support anti-catabolism while we sleep giving us a trickle of important amino acids in our bloodstreams. Also, it has phenibut in it which is actually a prescription drug in Europe used for sedation and promoting calmness and well-being. Very powerful and works much better than the active ingredient in Benedryl in my opinion.

Mood Elevators: Besides the L-Dopa it also contains Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine and 4 butanoic acid, 2 amino -3 propanoic acid. All chemistry jargon for other active ingredients that can help increase a positive feeling of well being, recovery and restoration of body functions impaired by lack of quality sleep such as sex drive and sensation.

It has Vitamin C and Vitamin B6 in it which I am not sure why exactly. I’m surprised it doesn’t have Magnesium and Zinc in it giving it a ZMA feature.

I woke up feeling as light as a feather and full of energy that can’t be obtained from some STIMULANT or favorite thermogenic. Nothing was aching and it didn’t take me time to “get going”. I wasn’t groggy or crabby like I usually am in the morning before I start my day with coffee and newspaper. I was Alert & Orientated and ready to take on the day. In other words. I felt young, ready, willing and able.

If anything I would say that a full serving might be a bit too much. Most people work most days during the week and I am inclined to believe that a full serving may make you sleep through your alarm on your cell phone and miss work or be very late. The way I would advise to use this product would be on the days you have OFF the next day where you can afford to sleep in a bit but if it were to be used on a nightly basis I would recommend that a half serving or 3/4 serving be used to assess your personal tolerance. I also would suggest it be cycled and tapered off a little. In other words it should be used strategically and responsibly. It’s very effective and worth the price of admission.

* The above is an amazing review of FINAFLEX G8 I found... http://www.muscleweek.com/finaflex-g8-review/

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Finaflex G8 Review

by Blockhead

The year of 2010 brought us the hip hop club anthem from The Far East Movement G6 but in the dietary supplement world a new company rose out of the ashes like a Phoenix which happens to be their logo.

Enter: Redefine Nutrition. Redefine made big waves in the nutritional supplement/sports nutrition industry with their FINAFLEX line. An innovative company looking to change the game and the way it’s played in this market offering new ideas in formulation of products and unique combination of compounds using what is proven to have effect on body composition and ridding itself of useless fillers and other junk that is used to make a product looked “stacked to the max”.

Last week I was able to try a sample packet of their Rest/Recovery formula known as G8. Sleep aid formulas have been getting popular as of late. We’ve always heard that we grow and change from rest or when we sleep and the most savvy of serious trainers know that natural release of growth hormone is released during deep sleep. There is definitely something to be said about the benefits of quality sleep. Something so misunderstood and so abused. We live in a society that dubbed the phrase “Sleep? Overrated. I’ll sleep when I’m dead”. Lack of deep sleep accelerates the aging process and gradually works against our complex human bodies wrecking havoc in a long run and blunting real gains and change we work so hard to induce.

I know what it’s like to lose sleep. Being a rotating shift worker who still hit the weights I often find myself at night tossing & turning trying or flipping my pillows over and over again. I’ve tried Tylenol PM and even Nyquil but both can make me feel groggy and achy the next morning. Then I tried G8.

I knew based on some of the ingredients that I would have to try it on a day when I don’t have to be up at 6am for work so I picked “my Friday” and poured one packet (one serving) in a glass of water right around 11:00pm. It turned the water into a green murky color but to my surprise it was quite easy to drink. The Lemon Freeze tasted like juice with a slight hint of that medicine-like aftertaste. Tolerable. Like usual I laid in bed and posted on Muscleweek.com and did my round of creeping facebook and downloading music. By 11:30 my eyelids were heavy and sand filled my eyes. I knew it was time to log off and post another day.
What I noticed 11hrs later…

That’s right. I slept like a slumbering dragon for an uninterrupted 11 straight hours. Not once did I toss & turn or wake up to empty my childlike bladder. Here are the dynamics on how it works:

Recovery/Sleep Inducing Matrix – It has L-Glutamine, L-Arginine and L-Dopa in it. L-Dopa is known to be a mood elevating compound that studies show has an effect on our serotonin levels or “feel good hormones”. Glutamine & Arginine I am guessing to support anti-catabolism while we sleep giving us a trickle of important amino acids in our bloodstreams. Also, it has phenibut in it which is actually a prescription drug in Europe used for sedation and promoting calmness and well-being. Very powerful and works much better than the active ingredient in Benedryl in my opinion.

Mood Elevators: Besides the L-Dopa it also contains Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine and 4 butanoic acid, 2 amino -3 propanoic acid. All chemistry jargon for other active ingredients that can help increase a positive feeling of well being, recovery and restoration of body functions impaired by lack of quality sleep such as sex drive and sensation.

It has Vitamin C and Vitamin B6 in it which I am not sure why exactly. I’m surprised it doesn’t have Magnesium and Zinc in it giving it a ZMA feature.

I woke up feeling as light as a feather and full of energy that can’t be obtained from some STIMULANT or favorite thermogenic. Nothing was aching and it didn’t take me time to “get going”. I wasn’t groggy or crabby like I usually am in the morning before I start my day with coffee and newspaper. I was Alert & Orientated and ready to take on the day. In other words. I felt young, ready, willing and able.

If anything I would say that a full serving might be a bit too much. Most people work most days during the week and I am inclined to believe that a full serving may make you sleep through your alarm on your cell phone and miss work or be very late. The way I would advise to use this product would be on the days you have OFF the next day where you can afford to sleep in a bit but if it were to be used on a nightly basis I would recommend that a half serving or 3/4 serving be used to assess your personal tolerance. I also would suggest it be cycled and tapered off a little. In other words it should be used strategically and responsibly. It’s very effective and worth the price of admission.

* The above is an amazing review of FINAFLEX G8 I found... http://www.muscleweek.com/finaflex-g8-review/
Wow that is one hell of a good review...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the number one mistake that most bodybuilder's make?

OVER-TRAINING!!!

Check out this video... You may be Over-Training...

MOVDQkWjvZ8">MOVDQkWjvZ8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="375" height="300">

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I believe that we had some very similar deductions on G8 (the review above). Of course I didn't use all that fancy wording, but I do agree with a lot of what is said about cycling and dosing.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How to Avoid Over-Training

The number one key to avoid over-training is detection and avoidance. More is not always better, a classic beginner's mistake is having the mindset that the more you train the bigger and stronger you will get. Unfortunately it does not work that way, your body needs time to rest in order for your muscles to recover. In addition, over-training can also lead to an increase in cortisol levels and a decrease in testosterone levels which is a very detrimental combination that can damage the muscle tissue leading to muscle atrophy and decreased strength. It has also been proven to lower immune functions allowing those who regularly over-train to get sick easier and more often. For these reasons alone, over-training should be avoided at all costs.

How do you know if you are over-training? Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to determine whether your level of training is too much for you (answering yes to one or more of these questions means you are most likely over-training)...
- Is this workout performance worse than my last workout (with no outside reasons)?
- Am I feeling weak and tired all the time?
- Am I feeling more irritable?
- Am I having difficulty sleeping?

If you find that this is describing you and your present state, it is recommended that you take 1-2 weeks off of weight training, giving your body the much needed rest and muscle recovery necessary for muscle growth and overall health and well-being. Next, you should take a very hard look at your training regiment and make the necessary adjustments.

Next we will discuss a few ways that you can avoid over-training...
- Get adequate rest and recovery by always trying to get at least 6 or more hours of sleep each night, also in some cases taking a day off between lifting days.
- Get proper nutrition and supplementation by eating more frequent meals, getting enough protein, carbohydrates, and fat per day (also known as Macro-Nutrition).
- Be sensible with training volume, if your workouts are taking well over an hour or on the days you workout you notice you are answering yes to the above mention (How do I know if I am over-training) questions, then it more than likely means that you are in fact over-training.

Over-training is one of the biggest if not the biggest mistake made in bodybuilding today. Be aware of the signs and symptoms of over-training and avoid them at all cost!

More is not always better...

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Great little article Doc. I haven't got a chance to watch the video. Wouldn't work on my phone.
*THE ABOVE DESCRIBES OVERWORKED UNDERPAID TEACHERS AS WELL LOL!!*

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great little article Doc. I haven't got a chance to watch the video. Wouldn't work on my phone.
*THE ABOVE DESCRIBES OVERWORKED UNDERPAID TEACHERS AS WELL LOL!!*
Agreed, but teachers are not alone, I would have to say that describes the majority of all Middle-Class America in my opinion... "Over worked & Under paid!!!"

Chime in if you are with me, give this post a Bump!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Agreed, but teachers are not alone, I would have to say that describes the majority of all Middle-Class America in my opinion... "Over worked & Under paid!!!"

Chime in if you are with me, give this post a Bump!!!
Yeah, you know me brotha. Always gotta B!tch about something. I totally agree with you though. Maybe we should have a national Pro Athlete does a real job for a month holiday where they actually earn those millions doing a real job...man am I hating or what.

Chime in if you think Green is completely out of his gourd with this statement...or maybe you all feel the same way?!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, you know me brotha. Always gotta B!tch about something. I totally agree with you though. Maybe we should have a national Pro Athlete does a real job for a month holiday where they actually earn those millions doing a real job...man am I hating or what.

Chime in if you think Green is completely out of his gourd with this statement...or maybe you all feel the same way?!
I agree with Green-Machine!!! We could make a reality tv show about it, instead of Joe's vs. Pro's, we could do the opposite, Pro's vs. Joe's and then the Pro's have to compete with the Joe's doing average every day Job's and get ridiculed for performance and nickel & dimed for a whole week!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I agree with Green-Machine!!! We could make a reality tv show about it, instead of Joe's vs. Pro's, we could do the opposite, Pro's vs. Joe's and then the Pro's have to compete with the Joe's doing average every day Job's and get ridiculed for performance and nickel & dimed for a whole week!!!
DAMN that is awesome! I can't believe this is not in tv yet. It's almost like that one show where the head boss man goes and works the entry level jobs with the people he employs and then....woah!! reality check LOL.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
still no ingredient hints!?
I honestly don't understand why they will not let me disclose the ingredient profile, we have already accepted thousands of orders from our distributors all scheduled to be shipped out to them on January 1st, 2012!!!

I mean is there some big National Bodybuilding event coming up that I am unaware of that they may be wanting to wait and do a formal release of all the details???

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I honestly don't understand why they will not let me disclose the ingredient profile, we have already accepted thousands of orders from our distributors all scheduled to be shipped out to them on January 1st, 2012!!!

I mean is there some big National Bodybuilding event coming up that I am unaware of that they may be wanting to wait and do a formal release of all the details???
I donno but if its good and liver detoxing and what not I might bridge into this... haha. I have about 4 weeks and a couple days left of my sdrol 10mgs/AHv2 6 weeker. I wouldnt mind dropping SD on week 6 and take this from week 4ish to 8. HAHHA. I like to go BIG.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me put it this way guys... I might be extending myself a little by saying this, but what the Smurf... This product is going to be an absolute incredible stand-alone product, but where I believe it will completely outshine all other products on the market is its stack-a-bility! This is going to be a product that I believe every single person will want to add to their stack hands down and I know everyone will see why once the main ingredient is disclosed, which I promise, I am dying to release this information and will do so just ASAP when I get the Go-Ahead from the Owners!!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me put it this way guys... I might be extending myself a little by saying this, but what the Smurf... This product is going to be an absolute incredible stand-alone product, but where I believe it will completely outshine all other products on the market is its stack-a-bility! This is going to be a product that I believe every single person will want to add to their stack hands down and I know everyone will see why once the main ingredient is disclosed, which I promise, I am dying to release this information and will do so just ASAP when I get the Go-Ahead from the Owners!!!
Sounds good. I'm waiting for the announcement. ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't wait to see what's in that shyte... :)