Favorite Video Games of All Time

Bostonmic333

Bostonmic333

Awards
Super Mario all-time classic. My xbox 360 has broke twice. Original nes keeps kicking. I just have to blow the cartridge out for an hour to get it working

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Just ordered the 10th anniversary bundle pack of Medal of Honor :)

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
oh geez, all time. The first resident evil, FFVII, FFXII, chrono cross and chrono trigger, tales of vesperia, Fallout 3 off the top of my head anyways

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that new nba 2k 12 looks serious its got Mj magic bird kareem Dr J and more.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Lmao blowing the cartridges brings back memories. Anyone know why in the beginning it was never necessary but as the games age its a constant

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lmao blowing the cartridges brings back memories. Anyone know why in the beginning it was never necessary but as the games age its a constant
The contacts oxidize and dust particles cling to them, and electricity can't pass through the electrical contacts. Blowing on it blasts off some of the dust and the moisture from your breath increases electrical conductivity across the oxidized layer enough for the game to work again.

Rubbing alcohol and a q-tip worked really great. In retrospect, if you could take the board out of the case and rub the contacts with a pencil eraser, that surprisingly works amazing for cleaning electrical contacts.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Man I remember doing that every time I busted out teenage mutant ninja turtles II. And then I read an article a while back that that actually had zero impact on them. I dunno....but it worked back in the day, lol.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Battle toads and double dragons, Alex the kid, Zombies ate my neighbors, Earthworm Jim. There's a couple off the top of my head.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Not exactly video games, but does anyone remember the BBS classics, L.O.R.D. and tradewars 2002?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are showing your age there. I doubt many; other than myself were on the Legend of the Red Dragon!

Not to many people flirting with the barmaid or listening to the Bard lately! :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Ahh the mid 90's no shame in admitting it. I was probably 13-14 during the glory days of the 14.4 modems (almost twice as fast as my friends 9.8 modems!!) Might have even been on BBS' before we had AOL come to think of it. was even a SysOP on a few :)

They do have an online version Legend of the Green Dragon. Never played it though.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are showing your age there. I doubt many; other than myself were on the Legend of the Red Dragon!

Not to many people flirting with the barmaid or listening to the Bard lately! :)
I can't even remember the old BBS games. I do recall Dragons Realm on AOL though.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahh the mid 90's no shame in admitting it. I was probably 13-14 during the glory days of the 14.4 modems (almost twice as fast as my friends 9.8 modems!!) Might have even been on BBS' before we had AOL come to think of it. was even a SysOP on a few :)

They do have an online version Legend of the Green Dragon. Never played it though.
back when a good BBS had a glorious NPD file section!

I started at a 2400 baud, I followed up with an external 28.8... oh lordy was I flying... good ol World War IV BBS software was the heat! I was definitely surfing the BBSes well before AOL... I remember many message threads saying the internet wouldnt take off and local BBSes were better! :D

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heroes of Newerth, COD 4 MW1, Halo 2

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Most boards I was on was vBBS and one or two mBBS's

oh man using telemate to dial in the memories.. Damn even remember going to the comp store for the Win 95 release event....

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most boards I was on was vBBS and one or two mBBS's

oh man using telemate to dial in the memories.. Damn even remember going to the comp store for the Win 95 release event....
yea I remember win 95 being a huge deal

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i use to play games on good ol DOS :D

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
there were some good ones for sure :) like the days were you needed 3 or more 3.5's to load a game like Doom II (which i could probably run on my dumb cell phone at this point)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there were some good ones for sure :) like the days were you needed 3 or more 3.5's to load a game like Doom II (which i could probably run on my dumb cell phone at this point)
phht, 3.5s? how about audio tapes or 8" floppies, much less 5 1/4 ones

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
phht, 3.5s? how about audio tapes or 8" floppies, much less 5 1/4 ones

I remember in grade school when we had a IIGS supercharged to 1mb of Ram, and had both 3.5 and a 5 & 1/4 :) Any one else remember the tutorial games they used to ship with? teaching you to drop and drag and click (f right and left buttons, 1 works fine! :))

I had a driving game that litterly took 5 mintues to load each and every time you wanted to play it..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember in grade school when we had a IIGS supercharged to 1mb of Ram, and had both 3.5 and a 5 & 1/4 :) Any one else remember the tutorial games they used to ship with? teaching you to drop and drag and click (f right and left buttons, 1 works fine! :))

I had a driving game that litterly took 5 mintues to load each and every time you wanted to play it..
I used to play ultima on an apple IIc

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
Sonic the Hedgehog
Ghouls n Ghosts
Tron Deadly Discs
Altered Beast
Vangard
Galga
Get Medieval
Dragons Lair
Space Ace
AD&D Treasure of Tarmin
Soul caliber
Battlezone 2
Tribes 1
Tribes 2

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lemmings

mckids

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
battlefield two (ps2), the original - cool boarders (ps1)

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
DINO PARK TYCOON (original)

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Most of the video games I played as a kid, I never beat then I went back later and beat a lot of them and though "that wasn't so hard." lol I realized I sucked at video games as a kid until I got into my teens.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thundercade

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea I remember having to code up the games before they would work with the black floppy games far back when, then in 4th grade Oregon trail was the **** in the classroom.we have it so good nowadays with games.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
yea I remember having to code up the games before they would work with the black floppy games far back when, then in 4th grade Oregon trail was the **** in the classroom.we have it so good nowadays with games.
Did you ever see oregon trail 2? I played it like once in school, but no one else ever had it. Ahhh the days when Macintosh actually had games lol.

HamrphisT

HamrphisT

Awards
DOOM!!!! The playstation version was awesome as well as DOOM 64!!!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you ever see oregon trail 2? I played it like once in school, but no one else ever had it. Ahhh the days when Macintosh actually had games lol.
I never saw this one till I did a random search one time and was like wtf there was a 2?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, it was pretty decent too

[video=youtube;hGPOuRqaX9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGPOuRqaX9Y[/video]