dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any method can work though, right?

I like to take mine first thing in the morning about two hours before my first meal. It's when my stomach is at its emptiest state so the pill can travel furthest down the tract.
Yeah, any time is fine.

domore

Awards
Any method can work though, right?

I like to take mine first thing in the morning about two hours before my first meal. It's when my stomach is at its emptiest state so the pill can travel furthest down the tract.
Yeah, any time is fine.
Yup. You can take it anytime as Matt just said. I just find it convenient to take with dinner.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gut Health™

In an age where we view our body as our temple, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve the function and capacity of our inner machine. All of the nutrients that we take in on a daily basis through food consumption are utilized by our body in different ways. However, far too often many of the intended benefits of those nutrients are never fully translated into improved health and vitality. Here’s why…
Our body’s digestive tract is literally a microbial battlefield, and unless you have the right troops to lead into battle on a daily basis, you’re going to continue to fight an uphill war. This is severely limiting your inner machines natural robust potential of nutrient absorption, nutrient delivery, and resilient immune function. Imagine a dietary probiotic supplement that can help provide those vital and essential troops on a daily basis leading to improved terminal and systemic functions of the natural digestive process.
EvoMuse is proud to present a newly updated formula of the original 2006 released product, Gut Health™. The original probiotic product designed for the fitness enthusiast just got better!
Representing the latest in probiotic technology, Gut Health™ contains a specialized force of complementary probiotic strains that have been assembled to maximize and improve your overall health, fitness goals, and overall well- being.
Some of these notable improvements include:
• Optimizing nutrient absorption and utilization
• Improved overall immune function
• Limiting GI distress related to a high protein diet
• Reduced bowel irritation/inflammation
• Supporting a healthy and beneficial symbiotic GI environment

The new and improved Gut Health™ contains 1 billion CFU each of the following synergistic and beneficial probiotic strains along with their evinced associated benefits:
• Bacillus Coagulens: has been shown to decrease abdominal pain and bloating that’s associated with a high protein diet in the normal digestive process.
• Bacillus Subtilis: has been shown to stimulate and improve innate immune function improving overall systemic function.
• Lactobacillus Casei: has been shown to reduce lactose intolerance, enhance nutrient digestion and absorption, and reduce GI inflammatory factors.
• Streptococcus Thermophilae: has been shown to reduce GI inflammatory factors and have potent immunomodulatory and anticarcinogenic effects.
• Lactobacillus Plantarum: has been shown to promote protein absorption/ utilization and reduce GI inflammatory factors .
• Bifidobacterium Breve: has been shown to alleviate gas symptoms typical with high protein ingestion, reduce bloating, and have powerful immunomodulary effects. This is evinced by potent competitive exclusion properties of harmful bacteria such as E coli that can typically cause GI related distress and disease.

To ensure superior delivery of our product, we’ve utilized our innovative entericap technology in Gut Health™ that will shuttle these super strains of good bacteria past the acidic environment of the stomach and introduce them directly into the intestinal system; where these strains will flourish, multiply, and ultimately boost our performance by leveling the microbial battlefield.
It’s time to go to war with our “Gut” and fight back against inadequate nutrient uptake and compromised immune function. EvoMuse has carefully assembled a complete probiotic formulation that has been specifically designed to dramatically improve your fitness related goals, overall health, and vitality.

Let Gut Health™ lead the way!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20980636

Lactobacillus plantarum consumption increases PepT1-mediated amino acid absorption by enhancing protein kinase C activity in spontaneously colitic mice.
J. Nutr. 2010 (12):2201-6
Hong-Qi Chen, Tong-Yi Shen, Yu-Kun Zhou, Ming Zhang, Zhao-Xin Chu, Xiao-Min Hang, Huan-Long Qin

Although probiotic consumption has generally been shown to have many beneficial effects for the prevention and treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, the effects of Lactobacillus plantarum (LP) on intestinal nutrient absorption, particularly oligopeptide transporter 1 (PepT1)-mediated absorption of dietary protein under inflammatory conditions, has not yet been characterized. In this study, we first investigated the effects of LP consumption on plasma amino acid concentrations and PepT1-mediated absorption of cephalexin in the small intestine of wild-type (WT) mice and interleukin-10 knockout (IL-10(-/-)) mice, a model of spontaneous colitis. We then analyzed expression and distribution of PepT1 and protein kinase C (PKC) activity in the jejunum of these mice. LP consumption (10(9) colony-forming units/0.5 mL) delivered by gavage once per day for 4 wk increased the total plasma amino acid concentration and the concentration of plasma cephalexin through enhancement of PepT1-mediated uptake in LP treated IL-10(-/-) mice compared with IL-10(-/-) mice. However, Western blotting and quantitative PCR analysis revealed no significant differences in PepT1 protein and mRNA expression between LP-treated and untreated mice. Additionally, immunofluorescence analysis showed that PepT1 did not appear to be mislocalized in IL-10(-/-) mice. Interestingly, IL-10(-/-) mice had significantly lower PKC activity and expression of phosphorylated PKC compared with WT mice, and these decreases could be prevented by LP treatment. These data suggest that consumption of LP enhances PepT1-mediated amino acid absorption, likely through alterations in PKC activity, as opposed to changes in expression or distribution of PepT1 in the small intestine of IL-10(-/-) mice.

-send by Go PubMed iPhone App.

Sent from my iPhone

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
INteresting study here:
J Sci Food Agric. 2013 Mar 30;93(5):1219-25. doi: 10.1002/jsfa.5880. Epub 2012 Sep 21.
[h=1]The effect of probiotic-fermented soy milk on enhancing the NO-mediated vascular relaxation factors.[/h]Cheng CP, Tsai SW, Chiu CP, Pan TM, Tsai TY.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Food Science, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei, Taiwan.

[h=3]Abstract[/h][h=4]BACKGROUND:[/h]Soy milk is one of the common soy-based foods in Asia. In this study the effects of soy milk fermented with selected probiotics on nitric oxide (NO)-mediated vascular relaxation factors in cell model systems were investigated.
[h=4]RESULTS:[/h]Soy milk fermented with Lactobacillus plantarum TWK10 or Streptococcus thermophilus BCRC 14085 for 48 h showed a greater transformation of glucoside isoflavones to aglycone isoflavones (P < 0.05). An increase in aglycone isoflavones in ethanol extracts from fermented soy milk stimulated NO production and endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) activity in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. It also had a stimulating effect on superoxide anion scavenging and prostaglandin E2 production. In addition, it enhanced mRNA expression of the E-prostanoid 4 receptor in rat thoracic aorta smooth muscle cells. Moreover, a small amount of O$_{2}^{-}$ induced by water extracts from fermented soy milk at low concentration (1 mg mL(-1) ) increased the content of calcium ions and activated eNOS, thereby promoting NO production and the coupling state of eNOS.
[h=4]CONCLUSION:[/h]Soy milk fermented with selected probiotics promotes the relaxation factors of vascular endothelial cells and can be applied in the development of functional foods. © 2012 Society of Chemical Industry.
© 2012 Society of Chemical Industry

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gut Microbes. 2012 Nov-Dec;3(6):523-9. doi: 10.4161/gmic.21757. Epub 2012 Aug 16.
[h=1]Lactic acid production by Streptococcus thermophilus alters Clostridium difficile infection and in vitro Toxin A production.[/h]Kolling GL, Wu M, Warren CA, Durmaz E, Klaenhammer TR, Guerrant RL.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Internal Medicine/Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA. [email protected]

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Antibiotic treatment to treat specific infections has the potential to effectively target the offending microbe as well as other microbes that colonize sites within a host. Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) is a classic example resulting from disruption of host microbial communities; 20% of patients with AAD are likely to become colonized with Clostridium difficile. Restoration of a "normal" microbial community within the host using probiotic bacteria is one approach to circumvent AAD and C. difficile infection. The goals of this study were to assess the interactions between Streptococcus thermophilus, a potential probiotic organism and C. difficile using both in vitro and in vivo systems. Exposure of C. difficile to filtered supernatants from S. thermophilus showed a dose-dependent, bactericidal effect due to lactic acid. Additional studies show that levels of lactic acid (10 mM) that did not inhibit bacterial growth had the potential to decrease tcdA expression and TcdA release into the extracellular milieu. In vivo, treatment with viable S. thermophilus significantly increased luminal levels of lactate in the cecum compared with UV-irradiated S. thermophilus. In the context of infection with C. difficile, mice treated with viable S. thermophilus exhibited 46% less weight loss compared with untreated controls; moreover, less pathology, diarrhea, and lower detectable toxin levels in cecal contents were evident more often in S. thermophillus treated mice. A significant, inverse correlation (Spearman r = -0.942, p = 0.017) between the levels of luminal lactate and abundance of C. difficile were noted suggesting that lactate produced by S. thermophilus is a factor impacting the progression of C. difficile infection in the murine system.

PMID:22895082 [PubMed - in process]
PMCID:pMC3495789 [Available on 2013/11/1]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
J Agric Food Chem. 2012 Jan 18;60(2):554-65. doi: 10.1021/jf202176d. Epub 2012 Jan 5.
[h=1]Variability of hydrolysis of β-, αs1-, and αs2-caseins by 10 strains of Streptococcus thermophilus and resulting bioactive peptides.[/h]Miclo L, Roux E, Genay M, Brusseaux E, Poirson C, Jameh N, Perrin C, Dary A.
[h=3]Source[/h]Unité de Recherche Animal et Fonctionnalités des Produits Animaux (UR AFPA), Équipe Protéolyse et Biofonctionnalités des Protéines et des Peptides (PB2P), Nancy-Université, Vandœuvre-lès-Nancy, France.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Milk proteins contain numerous potential bioactive peptides, which may be released by digestive proteases or by the proteolytic system of lactic acid bacteria during food processing. The capacity of Streptococcus thermophilus to generate peptides, especially bioactive peptides, from bovine caseins was investigated. Strains expressing various levels of the cell envelope proteinase, PrtS, were incubated with α(s1)-, α(s2)-, or β-casein. Analysis of the supernatants by LC-ESI-MS/MS showed that the β-casein was preferentially hydrolyzed, followed by α(s2)-casein and then α(s1)-casein. Numbers and types of peptides released were strain-dependent. Hydrolysis appeared to be linked with the accessibility of different casein regions by protease. Analysis of bonds hydrolyzed in the region 1-23 of α(s1)-casein suggests that PrtS is at least in part responsible for the peptide production. Finally, among the generated peptides, 13 peptides from β-casein, 5 from α(s2)-casein, and 2 from α(s1)-casein have been reported as bioactive, 15 of them being angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors.

PMID:22103626 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Clin Exp Immunol. 2011 Jul;165(1):94-103. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2249.2011.04408.x. Epub 2011 May 5.
[h=1]Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and Streptococcus thermophilus induce suppressor of cytokine signalling 3 (SOCS3) gene expression directly and indirectly via interleukin-10 in human primary macrophages.[/h]Latvala S, Miettinen M, Kekkonen RA, Korpela R, Julkunen I.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Vaccination and Immune Protection, National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), University of Helsinki, Finland. [email protected]@thl.fi

[h=3]Abstract[/h]In the present study we have characterized T helper type 2 (Th2) [interleukin (IL)-10]/Th1 (IL-12) cytokine expression balance in human primary macrophages stimulated with multiple non-pathogenic Gram-positive bacteria used in the food industry and as probiotic substances. Bacteria representing Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, Lactococcus, Leuconostoc, Propionibacterium and Streptococcus species induced anti-inflammatory IL-10 production, although quantitative differences between the bacteria were observed. S. thermophilus was able to induce IL-12 production, while the production of IL-12 induced by other bacteria remained at a low level. The highest anti-inflammatory potential was seen with bifidobacteria, as evidenced by high IL-10/IL-12 induction ratios. All studied non-pathogenic bacteria were able to stimulate the expression of suppressor of cytokine signalling (SOCS) 3 that controls the expression of proinflammatory cytokine genes. Lactobacillus and Streptococcus species induced SOCS3 mRNA expression directly in the absence of protein synthesis and indirectly via bacteria-induced IL-10 production, as demonstrated by experiments with cycloheximide (CHX) and anti-IL-10 antibodies, respectively. The mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) p38 signalling pathway played a key role in bacteria-induced SOCS3 gene expression. Enhanced IL-10 production and SOCS3 gene expression induced by live non-pathogenic Lactobacillus and Streptococcus is also likely to contribute to their immunoregulatory effects in vivo.
© 2011 The Authors. Clinical and Experimental Immunology © 2011 British Society for Immunology.

PMID:21545585 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PMCID:pMC3110325

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome. Picking some up today.

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
WOW its a steal at 2+ bottles picking up 3 later today for sure

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm working on a much more specific scientific breakdown of each individual probiotic strain that's contained in our new "Gut Health" product for those of you that like that kind of stuff.

This is a very complete and synergistic formulation. This is the type of product that will benefit everyone; ranging from aspects of baseline health, to improving aspects of your training/recovery.

There's a great deal over at Nutraplanet as we speak!

-T1

domore

Awards
I'm working on a much more specific scientific breakdown of each individual probiotic strain that's contained in our new "Gut Health" product for those of you that like that kind of stuff.

This is a very complete and synergistic formulation. This is the type of product that will benefit everyone; ranging from aspects of baseline health, to improving aspects of your training/recovery.

There's a great deal over at Nutraplanet as we speak!

-T1
Nice! I can't wait to read it. That's why we like you; you smarty pants :)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The intro sale on this is insane. I had no idea these would be that cheap. 10 dollars for a month supply (keep in mind every bottles is two months worth). Matt said he wanted this to be affordable for everyone. It's going to be really hard to beat this intro sale guys.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The intro sale on this is insane. I had no idea these would be that cheap. 10 dollars for a month supply (keep in mind every bottles is two months worth). Matt said he wanted this to be affordable for everyone. It's going to be really hard to beat this intro sale guys.
Couldn't agree more. I'm going to stock up.

Very excited about this price point for the introduction of the new and improved version :cool2:

ArtsNSports

Awards
When you finish a bottle and start a new one, do you prefer to do the double-dose again for 5 days or do you just keep taking 1 capsule per day?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you finish a bottle and start a new one, do you prefer to do the double-dose again for 5 days or do you just keep taking 1 capsule per day?
With a few exceptions (antibiotics, drinking binge) keep taking 1 cap a day indefinitely.

RickyBDragon

RickyBDragon

Banned
Awards
With a few exceptions (antibiotics, drinking binge) keep taking 1 cap a day indefinitely.
Just out of curiosity, why shouldn't you take gut health if you are going to go on a drinking binge?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just out of curiosity, why shouldn't you take gut health if you are going to go on a drinking binge?
No, you should do a reload at 2 caps a day after a drinking binge.

ArtsNSports

Awards
Thanks.

I didn't know drinking could deplete good bacteria.

And, I thought it would be okay to take 2 capsules indefinitely if someone preferred to (not that I would). Some probiotic products have up to 100 billion CFU's.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks.

I didn't know drinking could deplete good bacteria.

And, I thought it would be okay to take 2 capsules indefinitely if someone preferred to (not that I would). Some probiotic products have up to 100 billion CFU's.
More is not always better.

ArtsNSports

Awards
More is not always better.
Yeah I love the unique combination of strands found in 'Gut Health', but I've never had a firm grasp on what the UL for CFU's is. We have trillions in us, so I was wondering what the negative effects could be of taking more and more billions. I've seen some of the super high products say they are designed for those in critical need of replenishment but what would happen if a person just kept taking it?

jjobe6

jjobe6

Awards
  • Established
Any issues with young children using gut health? Kids have strep throat and the doctor put them antibiotics.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any issues with young children using gut health? Kids have strep throat and the doctor put them antibiotics.
My initial thought is that there wouldn't be an issue. I'll let Matt or someone else with a bit more knowledge answer for sure, though.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't have to.
Yeah, I generally don't keep anything in the fridge. I just make sure it's in a cool/dark/dry place. The stuff I currently use is in a cupboard in my kitchen that's far away from the stove and any potential heat from it and everything else is in the closet.

ArtsNSports

Awards
Question about the enteric coating on Gut Health. I noticed the capsules are crystal clear, whereas the old discontinued model was more opaque similar to other products I have that are enteric-coated. What is the difference, and is this new enteric coating just as effective in resisting acids to travel further down the tract?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question about the enteric coating on Gut Health. I noticed the capsules are crystal clear, whereas the old discontinued model was more opaque similar to other products I have that are enteric-coated. What is the difference, and is this new enteric coating just as effective in resisting acids to travel further down the tract?
The old capsules used an enteric coating. The new capsules are a pre-manufactured product made from cellulose that resists stomach acid - no extra coating needed.

The capsules are broken apart by action of the bile environment of the small intestine.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this product ok for people with hypothyroid?
the product is not designed to treat any medical condition, ad as always check with your physician. However there is no reason to believe that the product will affect thyroid.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been on a combo of T3 and T4 for years and have no issues with adding this in.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Matt, IIRC did you mention that the best time to take GH is before bed ??? If so what where the reasons.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Matt, IIRC did you mention that the best time to take GH is before bed ??? If so what where the reasons.
before bed is just when I choose to take it. There is no best time really.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm gonna add this to my New Years order bc Im having a hell of a time with digestion, bloating, distention, gas, possible absorption issues. I've had blood in my stool quite often as of late, as well. My mother has diagnosed IBS, and my family has a history of colon cancer and polyps at a young age. I'm 25 and should have gotten a colonoscopy already, but have not yet. Thinking it may be time.

If I do get one soon and am using gut health, should I reload w 2 caps x 5 days after the whole enema thing I'd have to do?

I've been taking betaine hcl to see if I have low stomach acid.. Has only made the upper abdominal distention worse. I constantly feel full when I eat now. And it doesn't go away for 5-6 hours

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm gonna add this to my New Years order bc Im having a hell of a time with digestion, bloating, distention, gas, possible absorption issues. I've had blood in my stool quite often as of late, as well. My mother has diagnosed IBS, and my family has a history of colon cancer and polyps at a young age. I'm 25 and should have gotten a colonoscopy already, but have not yet. Thinking it may be time.

If I do get one soon and am using gut health, should I reload w 2 caps x 5 days after the whole enema thing I'd have to do?

I've been taking betaine hcl to see if I have low stomach acid.. Has only made the upper abdominal distention worse. I constantly feel full when I eat now. And it doesn't go away for 5-6 hours
DUDE! You are honestly a doctor's worst nightmare! Is your family issue Familial Adenomatous polyposis? Messing with gastric pH or taking a probiotic won't help you. Get a colonoscopy...it's not a joke

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DUDE! You are honestly a doctor's worst nightmare! Is your family issue Familial Adenomatous polyposis? Messing with gastric pH or taking a probiotic won't help you. Get a colonoscopy...it's not a joke
I agree with Coop...worry about getting to the doctor.

After the procedure, do a simple reload.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think so, everyone on my mothers side gets the polyps. 2 of my grandfathers brothers died from colon cancer n my mom had polyps at 38

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My gf gets chronic yeast infections but wants to use gut health to help with her hair loss and acne/ getting full after only a couple bites of food. Is it ok to use probiotics if she is prone to yeast infections (she is working with obgyn to figure out the cause- probably her new birth control)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My gf gets chronic yeast infections but wants to use gut health to help with her hair loss and acne/ getting full after only a couple bites of food. Is it ok to use probiotics if she is prone to yeast infections (she is working with obgyn to figure out the cause- probably her new birth control)
While it would probably be ok, she should get the infection issue figure out first. Our products effects when needing to visit the doctor for a known problem are at best a crapshoot. Save it for when she has that issue gone is my advice.

CallItKarma

CallItKarma

Awards
Just ordered a few bottles of this....I am PSYCHED for it to get here, def been having some digestion issues on this bulk, I'll post a review for you guys after the first bottle runs out.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just ordered a few bottles of this....I am PSYCHED for it to get here, def been having some digestion issues on this bulk, I'll post a review for you guys after the first bottle runs out.
We always welcome reviews and feedback!