dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look for a debut sale around $25. Remember this is a 2 month supply.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look for a debut sale around $25. Remember this is a 2 month supply.
That's great.

I've been very excited about the bigger bottle ever since it was first thought of as an option.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's great.

I've been very excited about the bigger bottle ever since it was first thought of as an option.
Nuttin but a size queen. Luckily I got just what you need.

domore

Awards
How long do you believe that it will take the strains to disappear from the gut? The gut is very selective on what organisms take long-term residence.

What are your thoughts on fecal bacteriotherapy? I've heard this can have permanent effects on gut flora.

Another question:

Why do certain probiotics need to be refrigerated and others don't?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long do you believe that it will take the strains to disappear from the gut? The gut is very selective on what organisms take long-term residence.

What are your thoughts on fecal bacteriotherapy? I've heard this can have permanent effects on gut flora.

Another question:

Why do certain probiotics need to be refrigerated and others don't?
It's not as much disappearing as it is balance and dominance. From my experience with the past products, positive effects start to wane after not taking it for 2-3 weeks.

A fascinating area to look at is the transferrence of gut bacteria from mother to child during childbirth. The hypothesis is that the strain balance and diversity acts as an environmental signal to the child of what kind of nutritional (famine, grain, dairy, etc) status to be prepared for and what kind of phenotype to express (thrifty, lean, etc).

I don't know enough about fecal therapy, only what i have read about mass treatments that wipe out completely gut bacterial colonies and emergency repopulation.

domore

Awards
It's not as much disappearing as it is balance and dominance. From my experience with the past products, positive effects start to wane after not taking it for 2-3 weeks.

A fascinating area to look at is the transferrence of gut bacteria from mother to child during childbirth. The hypothesis is that the strain balance and diversity acts as an environmental signal to the child of what kind of nutritional (famine, grain, dairy, etc) status to be prepared for and what kind of phenotype to express (thrifty, lean, etc).

I don't know enough about fecal therapy, only what i have read about mass treatments that wipe out completely gut bacterial colonies and emergency repopulation.
Yes, balance and dominance is better worded. I've finished the first five days (after a stint with antibiotics) by double dosing Gut Health. I'm now on one cap at dinner. Could a change in diet and chronic supplementation with a probiotic effectively change gut flora for the better? As to say, shifting the balance of organisms within the gut.

A healthy vaginal microbiome is absolutely pertinent to the survival and successful reproduction of a baby. A vaginal microbiome that is unbalanced can cause unwanted organisms to flourish. And for the women out there, douching is a horrible idea.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, balance and dominance is better worded. I've finished the first five days (after a stint with antibiotics) by double dosing Gut Health. I'm now on one cap at dinner. Could a change in diet and chronic supplementation with a probiotic effectively change gut flora for the better? As to say, shifting the balance of organisms within the gut.

A healthy vaginal microbiome is absolutely pertinent to the survival and successful reproduction of a baby. A vaginal microbiome that is unbalanced can cause unwanted organisms to flourish. And for the women out there, douching is a horrible idea.
How did you get on with Gut Health? After my last course of antibiotics I used Biocare Replete Intensive.

I have used a fair amount of probiotic products so if you have comparisons to other products I would be curious to hear them.

domore

Awards
How did you get on with Gut Health? After my last course of antibiotics I used Biocare Replete Intensive.

I have used a fair amount of probiotic products so if you have comparisons to other products I would be curious to hear them.
For the first week after I ended my antibiotics, I doubled dosed Gut Health since my gut was down and out. I'm now just dosing one cap a day with my dinner.

I eat my fair share of yogurt, sauerkraut, and other naturally fermented foods, so this is my first stint with a true probiotic. This is my second time using antibiotics, and I hate the way it tears apart my stomach. My bowel movements are disrupted while on an antibiotic, but since I have started using Gut Health I have been regular.

Here are two really good articles on Gut Health specifically:

http://jasoncholewa.com/2012/07/22/considering-probiotics-for-health-and-performance/
http://toadallift.com/2013/02/19/got-guts/ (The one dsade posted above)

I won't draw comparison, as I am unable to, but the only thing I question in Biocare Replete Intensive is the 10g of FOS. With that amount, I'm still curious of its ability to "feed" bad bacteria within the gut.

If you are in moderate to good gut health, FOS/Inulin is probably very beneficial and helps you maintain a good microflora, maximizing the effectiveness of whatever probiotics are there (or consumed).

An agriculture analogy: If you have a really weedy lawn, and you throw lots of seed and fertilizer on it, the weeds are so far ahead of the grass seed and so well established, the little grass seeds can't get started very well. The weeds are able to use some of the fertilizer for themselves.

So you need have a blast of weedkiller of some kind to really whack out the weeds. THEN you add grass seed and lots of fertilizer and the grass seed has a chance to outcompete the weeds. The grass noticeably benefits from the fertilizer.
The new Gut Health contains 100mg of FOS (I believe), and is able to metabolize the FOS.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice, what ever happened to Marc and his articles. ???
Marx is currently getting ready to test a product for me and write up a review.

domore

Awards
Will this help with Crohn's disease?
Gut Health utilizes lactobacillus casei, which has shown to possibly inhibit E. Coli from invading the intestines (common in those suffering from Crohn's).

The whole formula will serve you well by helping to re-establish the balance of friendly bacteria in your intestines.

The problem with probiotics is that they don't always make it to the lower intestines. However, the enteri-cap technology should increase its chances.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Gut Health utilizes lactobacillus casei, which has shown to possibly inhibit E. Coli from invading the intestines (common in those suffering from Crohn's).

The whole formula will serve you well by helping to re-establish the balance of friendly bacteria in your intestines.

The problem with probiotics is that they don't always make it to the lower intestines. However, the enteri-cap technology should increase its chances.

Great. Ill check it out and give it a shot.

Aznmonk

Aznmonk

Awards
i look forward to using this, i believe in alternative medicine as far as probiotics go

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
any update?
See below. Hit a small snag with customs, but we are still planning on having this as soon as we possibly can.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
See below. Hit a small snag with customs, but we are still planning on having this as soon as we possibly can.
Yep. Gotta love customs.

But luckily Matt had put a rush on the order to still make sure it gets out as quickly as possible.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gut Health (tm): The original probiotrophic product designed for the fitness enthusiast just got better. Without a healthy digestive environment, the already difficult task of building your dream physique becomes near impossible. Our gut bacteria digests nutrients, influences our immune system, protects us from disease, and ultimately determines our inflammatory state. Gut Health(tm) manipulates our gut environment through a precise blend of potent probiotics/prebiotics to form an ideal environment for health and growth. Using our innovative entericap technology, Gut Health(tm) delivers superstrains of good bacteria past the acid environment of the stomach, and into the intestinal system where the strains flourish, multiply, and ultimately boost our performance.

Gut Health
(tm) 75 Entericaps, a full 60 day supply.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gut Health (tm): The original probiotrophic product designed for the fitness enthusiast just got better. Without a healthy digestive environment, the already difficult task of building your dream physique becomes near impossible. Our gut bacteria digests nutrients, influences our immune system, protects us from disease, and ultimately determines our inflammatory state. Gut Health(tm) manipulates our gut environment through a precise blend of potent probiotics/prebiotics to form an ideal environment for health and growth. Using our innovative entericap technology, Gut Health(tm) delivers superstrains of good bacteria past the acid environment of the stomach, and into the intestinal system where the strains flourish, multiply, and ultimately boost our performance.

Gut Health
(tm) 75 Entericaps, a full 60 day supply.
So your saying i need at least 6 bottles to make sure i'm stocked up?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So your saying i need at least 6 bottles to make sure i'm stocked up?
lol might as well.

Some of my supps I buy for 6 months to a year's worth supply at once. Did it with Orange Triad back during one of NP's ridiculous sales a while back and still have a couple bottles left and just stocked up on about 5 more bottles of Compete.

I will likely do the same with Gut Health.

domore

Awards
lol might as well.

Some of my supps I buy for 6 months to a year's worth supply at once. Did it with Orange Triad back during one of NP's ridiculous sales a while back and still have a couple bottles left and just stocked up on about 5 more bottles of Compete.

I will likely do the same with Gut Health.
You do love your Compete. ;) and now stash up the Gut Health

domore

Awards
I'm reaching the end of my one Gut Health bottle (I have two more left). What is the ETA of the new stuff?

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
Matt had said AROUND the 12th so should be soon. Need to stock up

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We JUST got ingredients cleared and delivered guys. We have a fast track on production that Matt paid for out of pocket to deliver this even faster. It is looking like the end of next week possibly as early as Thursday sales. Get excited!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We JUST got ingredients cleared and delivered guys. We have a fast track on production that Matt paid for out of pocket to deliver this even faster. It is looking like the end of next week possibly as early as Thursday sales. Get excited!
You don't have to tell me twice :cool2:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:want:

:D

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sexy

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did someone say Gut Health?

http://journals.cambridge.org/abstract_S000711451200373X

Cholesterol-lowering efficacy of Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7527,
7528 and 7529 in hypercholesterolaemic adults
Mari C. Fuentes1, Teresa Lajo2, Juan M. Carrio´n3 and Jordi Cun˜e´1*
1AB-BIOTICS S.A., Cerdanyola del Valle`s, Edifici Eureka, Campus UAB, 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
2Department of Endocrinology and Nutrition, Moncloa Hospital, Madrid, Spain
3Department of Endocrinology and Nutrition, Torrelodones University Hospital, Torrelodones-Madrid, Spain
(Submitted 30 March 2012 – Final revision received 19 July 2012 – Accepted 21 July 2012)
Abstract
Previous studies have indicated that supplementation with probiotic bacteria may improve lipid metabolism. The present study was aimed
at investigating the effects of a mixture of three strains of Lactobacillus plantarum (CECT 7527, CECT 7528 and CECT 7529) on cholesterollowering
efficacy in hypercholesterolaemic patients. A total of sixty volunteers (thirty participants in the placebo group and thirty counterparts
in the L. plantarum group), aged 18–65 years old, participated in a controlled, randomised, double-blind trial. The study group
received one capsule daily containing 1·2 £ 109 colony-forming units of Lactobacillus strains in a unique dose; the placebo group consumed
the same product without bacteria for 12 weeks. A significant reduction of 13·6% in plasma total cholesterol (TC) levels was
observed after 12 weeks of consumption in the L. plantarum group when compared with the placebo group. The lipidic
outcomes were also analysed based on TC values at baseline: low initial values (LIV, 2000–2500 mg/l) v. high initial values (HIV,
2510–3000 mg/l). In the HIV group, the L. plantarum treatment showed a reduction after 12 weeks of consumption compared with the
placebo group in TC, LDL-cholesterol (LDL-C) and oxidised LDL-C (17·4, 17·6 and 15·6 %, respectively). In the LIV, the L. plantarum treatment
only showed a reduction after 12 weeks of consumption when compared with the placebo group in TC (9·4 %). The present results
showed that the biofunctionality of L. plantarum (CECT 7527, CECT 7528 and CECT 7529) is proportional to the cardiovascular risk of the
patient, having a better effect in patients with higher levels of cholesterol.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
I think I may try this for the first time, any suggestions?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Suggestions?

WeaponX1984

WeaponX1984

Awards
  • Established
I saw that it is posted on Nutraplanet waiting for an intro sale. I am going to be placing an order, just waiting on this, any ETA?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw that it is posted on Nutraplanet waiting for an intro sale. I am going to be placing an order, just waiting on this, any ETA?
Should be there Tuesday!

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
First time user, follow the label? What should I notice? Take for how long?

domore

Awards
First time user, follow the label? What should I notice? Take for how long?
I always take one cap with my last meal of the day. I follow the label directions, though. Some take 2 caps for the first 5 days, and then drop to one.

ArtsNSports

Awards
I always take one cap with my last meal of the day. I follow the label directions, though. Some take 2 caps for the first 5 days, and then drop to one.
Any method can work though, right?

I like to take mine first thing in the morning about two hours before my first meal. It's when my stomach is at its emptiest state so the pill can travel furthest down the tract.