Effervescent Creatine

Palko

I purchased a tub of effervescent creatine today because the shop i went to did not have normal creatine monohydrate, I asked the shop keepers what the difference was and they had no idea so i thought i would get it anyway and give it a test run.

Before i start using it though, does anybody know the upside of using this type of creatine over monohydrate?

also it says on the package to only take 5g before a workout, for the day.. surely this is not enough? i am 19 and weigh 70kg's and have used creatine monohydrate in the past but not effervescent creatine.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5g per day is plenty. You will find mixed opinions on the additional benefits of fizzy creatine, but it definitely isnt less effective so go for it

Palko

5g per day is plenty. You will find mixed opinions on the additional benefits of fizzy creatine, but it definitely isnt less effective so go for it
can i treat it the same way that i did with monohydrate? even tho it says 5g a day before workout, can i do it 10g a day in one go?

also do u know if i should eat carbs with it?

GHO5T

Awards
Effervescent creatine has both a positive and negative charge on it. When it was introduced to the market it was claimed that it higher blood concentration levels then creatine monohydrate. The purpose of effervescence is to increase solubility, how easily and how much of a substance dissolves in a solution. Increase solubility and you increase absorption. The manufacturers create effervescence in their products by mixing a bufferlike sodium bicarbonate with citric acid or something similar; hence why it fizzes when you go to mix. I have yet to see any complete or solid research showing that ec is superior to cm.

Some users reprot less gi issues with ec over cm. try it out and see how you like it.... 5g a day is all you need. take it anytime you like

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh boy --- CREASOL!!! the memories.....

effervescent creatine w/7g of glucose. Increased solubility. I loved it and believe muscle-link makes it still.

You can load it -- to saturate muscles faster than just use 5g

-Matt

IUgrad

Awards
I was never a big fan of effervescent creatine. It always seemed to upset my stomach for some reason. I still do a spoon full of creatine monohydrate and follow it with a drink of something. Easiest way to go.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
LOL!! I remember trying a sample of effervescent creatine many years ago. I mixed it with juice in one of those Tupperware cups with the seal on lids. Shook that b1tch up and BLAMMO. The lid literally blew off and our kitchen was covered with orange sticky goop, even the ceiling. Switched back to regular creatine mono immediately. Couldn't afford alimony.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
My stomach didn't agree with me when I took it. Took it 2x a day, my stomach told me to stop :)