does Caffeine cancel out protien?

skindog101

skindog101

Awards
Bloke at works abit of a know it all anyway I'm on a bulk ATM doing really well. having lunch the other day eating my chicken breast and pasta (every so often I have an energy drink if I'm flogged at work) when he pipes up and goes u know ur wasting ur time eating all this Protien because the caffeine cancels all the amino acids and breaks down the protien?

So I looked it up couldn't fine much about it doesn't anyone know what he was talking about?

I don't drink coffee or coke or that crap but every few days I have an energy drink?surely this can't hurt my Protien intake to much?

Cheers fellas!

PVL

Banned
Awards
Bloke at works abit of a know it all anyway I'm on a bulk ATM doing really well. having lunch the other day eating my chicken breast and pasta (every so often I have an energy drink if I'm flogged at work) when he pipes up and goes u know ur wasting ur time eating all this Protien because the caffeine cancels all the amino acids and breaks down the protien?

So I looked it up couldn't fine much about it doesn't anyone know what he was talking about?

I don't drink coffee or coke or that crap but every few days I have an energy drink?surely this can't hurt my Protien intake to much?

Cheers fellas!
caffeine has no effect on protein synthesis bro...........he is just busting ur balls and has no idea what he is talking about........

coffee is good for you man.........read up on the latest article on yahoo...........helps with a range of issues...........

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
High levels (200mg upwards) of caffeine taken at once will increase the likelihood of extra cortisol floating around in your body looking for muscle to eat. I'm wondering if he heard that and perceived it his own way.
Cortisol is a stress hormone basically, it eats your hard earned muscles.
Drinking a Red Bull or coffee with your meal wouldn't hurt you.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On the phone..can't link right now but google "caffeine cortisol" or something.
Pubmed too.
Read up, go back to work, show off your wisdom.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cortisol is also responsible for mobilizing FFA's.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i wanna know the same......cuz i take in like 1g a day......lol
As long as its spaced out that shouldn't be too bad.

skindog101

skindog101

Awards
Thanks heaps fellas for ur replys yeah throught he was pushing sh$t up hill, excess maybe but a lil bit does nothing, cheers :)

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
Here's a good article on some of the caffeine side effects.

I have experienced some of these before actually.
Thanx .. Interesting .. Might reconsider those 200mg pills I eat occasionally .. Now to find more articles and make myself paranoid

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanx .. Interesting .. Might reconsider those 200mg pills I eat occasionally .. Now to find more articles and make myself paranoid
Educating yourself on the benefits and side effects on things you put on your body should not make you paranoid, but "aware" which is a great thing.

rkillam

rkillam

Awards
I would say its irrelevant.

But if it was, I'd be screwed for sure....

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol is also responsible for mobilizing FFA's.
ahh the necessary evil.

too much is a bad thing..

soo holy basil to reduce glucocorticoids effect on blood sugar..

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
Educating yourself on the benefits and side effects on things you put on your body should not make you paranoid, but "aware" which is a great thing.
I was actually referring to the articles I will inevitably find that claim any kind of caffeine intake will lead to some horrific ailment that will affect my gene-pool for several generations .. Perhaps an LOL was called for ...

I have done research on stims and pw's .. Caffeine is (IMHO) the least risky of them .. In moderation of course ...

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i get around 200mg of caff..before work..in pill form...i would be more worried about all the sugar you are getting with the energy drinks..you would be better off drinking a coke than a red bull

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I dislike energy drinks of any variety unless they are the low/no cal versions, even then I'd rather pop a no-doze and some water 97% of the time.

ManBeast