Caffeine Does Nothing For You? (Vets Help)

BIGNBUFF

Awards
I was talking to my buddy and he told me that caffeine does absolutely nothing for the body that is positive. He said that it tricks your digestive system into thinking it's a sugar but it cannot be digested?

Has anyone heard anything like this or is my friend an idiot?

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
I was talking to my buddy and he told me that caffeine does absolutely nothing for the body that is positive. He said that it tricks your digestive system into thinking it's a sugar but it cannot be digested?

Has anyone heard anything like this or is my friend an idiot?
i'm certainly no expert on this but never heard that before....i think in moderation caffeine (coffee) is ok...i dont think it does any harm but prolly doesnt do much good either.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
well firsty of all your friend is an idiot.... he may be thinking of caffeins ability to shift the way the body deals with carbohydrates making them more difficult to metabolize, for afull description of this visit the avant labs forums and search out a thread by spook on caffeine. does it have no uses no thats just stupid, it IS thermogenic and it creates an excellent addition to a cutting stack if used in the right proportions at the right times.

BMZ

Awards
yep...thermo-genic.....i.e "ECA" stack..........

that's why most thermogenic supplements contain guarana (caffeine).

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Besides being thermogenic, i use it for it's lipolytic properties...

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
yea i believe that lipolysis is the more general act of "Burning Fat" and thermogenesis is one way of stimulating lipolysis so maybe sheesh is saying that it is lipolytic via other pathways than just thermogenic.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I should've been more specific. Caffeine has been shown time and time again to elevate plasma free fatty acids by releasing them from fat cells.

So, if you take caffeine pre-workout, you'll be burning more fat than if you hadn't.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and "lipolysis" is basically hydrolysis with lipids. In our case, i'm talking about the fatty acids being "lysed" from the fat cells.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Have I ever told you guys that you are a bunch of wizards? If not, well you are.
The moment I started reading the first post all those answers popped right into my head, and well since Im a wizard and you said everything I was going to that makes you honorary wizards. You are no longer wizard apprentices or wizard grunts. Your full fleged wizards.
Congragulations my fellow wizards.:D

db

Ohh, and Bigbuff, there right.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Yay! I'm a wizard now! Let's go play quidditch! At Hogwarts! And be all cool and ****! and sell 400 million copies of a book! and get rich! look at me look at me i'm harry pottererrrerererer!

db682

Awards
  • Established
For the defamation of wizardry, you are being demoted to clown!
hahahahahaha.
Harry Potters my idol, how dare you speak his name in foul tongue. hahahaa again.:D

For real though sheesh, I want some Pam too. Your avatar makes me so horny. Where the fucks my wife at when I need her. :D :p

db

Timbo

Awards
Sheesh began to highlight the positive properties of caffeine and why it is a good choice for a pre-training/workout supplement.

However, while the original poster's friend was wrong, he somewhat touches the truth. Let me explain. Caffeine has been shown time and again to have negative effects on acute glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity. Therefore, I would tend to avoid caffeine combined with high amounts of dietary carbohydrate.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine has been shown time and again to have negative effects on acute glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity. Therefore, I would tend to avoid caffeine combined with high amounts of dietary carbohydrate.
That has a direct correlation with it's lipolytic properties. Fat can blunt an insulin spike, so with plasma free fatty acids increased by an average of 13% (with 100 mg. of caffeine), there's bound to be some kind of correlation.

I don't really mind this problem, because it's temporary. :cool:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For the defamation of wizardry, you are being demoted to clown!
Clown is the ultimate in promotions. People spend entire lives to achieve my level of genius! Most fail....

:D :D

db682

Awards
  • Established
hahahaha, That was great!!!!
Chalk one up for bobo.

:D

db

Timbo

Awards
Sheesh,

Actually, fat can potentiate insulin. That is, while fat in and of itself has no impact on insulin levels, in the presence of already elevated insulin, fatty acids can synergistically enhance the insulin response. This phenomenon may be related to gastric inhibitory peptide.

That being said, the adverse effects of caffeine on carbohydrate metabolism are not known for certain, but it's possible that they are mediated by the catecholamines. Since the latter directly affects carbohydrate metabolism and also acts antagonistically to insulin, it's a prime candidate.