Do prohormones affect sleep?

rakfunk12

Awards
I started a cycle of Halovar last week and the only problem I seem to be having so far is that I am not sleeping as well as I was prior taking it. I keep waking up several times throughout the night and never really enter a deep sleep. Then I feel tired throughout the day. My main concern is that my lack of sleep is going to to hinder my gains while on the cycle. I am running 50mg/day for 4 weeks and then will switch over to ReCycle for PCT. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Short answer- yes. There's a lot of info on AM about sleeplessness on-cycle in the anabolics section.

get some valerian ( extracted for a min. of 0.8% valeric acids) or melatonin and you should be good- both are very cheap -melatonin is like $2 for 100 tabs. also avoid late evening doses of the PH and no stimulants on cycle- it could raise Bp and cause anxiety and such. Just don't pay $30 for some over-hyped sleep aid.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/165978-myopharma-epibolin-log-2.html

Check out post #52-53.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes they can affect your sleep both positively and negatively. I get the best sleep on EPI. I'm out when my head hits the pillow. But things like Tren are know for their sleep problems. Ever heard of Trensomnia?

Like mentioned melotonin will work for a lot of people to help you get sleep, but for some its not enough.

If it isn't enough NTBM has Need2sleep, which is a sleep aid and very effective. It isn't overpriced and overhyped. Just look at the reviews on it and it will tell you.

It is also 25% off right now using the discount code "rickrock1325" through April.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Melatonin is your friend on cycle and a good GH supp will help as well. I have to take Epi around 3 PM or I am up past midnight so keep that in mind. If you workout late, just take your dose no later than say 4 PM, and avoid any stims.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Just in case you wanna try thing individually-

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/valerian-250-caps-500-mg.html
valerian 7.95
melatonin- 1.95 @ your local drugstore/pharmacy, gnc, vitamin shoppe,etc... NP doesn't have theirs in stock ATM
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/primaforce/5htp-120caps-100mg.html 5-HTP 100mg per cap 14.99

I've used tren and epi, 4mg of melatonin was more than enough to knock me out. Just my $0.02.

Other sleep products-

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/need-to-build-muscle/need-2-sleep-150-capsules.html N2sleep 26.99

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/scivation/knockout-90-sci-tabs.htmlKockout 19.99

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5-HTP and Valerian will have you sawing logs in 10 minutes. If it was more affordable, I would just use 5-HTP but I get melatonin for so cheap I just use it and am happy. The one thing that many like about melatonin is that it stops your brain from constantly following through those racing thoughts, or as I put it, turns your brain off so you can relax then you are out super fast after.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
5-HTP and Valerian will have you sawing logs in 10 minutes. If it was more affordable, I would just use 5-HTP but I get melatonin for so cheap I just use it and am happy. The one thing that many like about melatonin is that it stops your brain from constantly following through those racing thoughts, or as I put it, turns your brain off so you can relax then you are out super fast after.
Primaforce's 5-HTP is pretty cheap on NP, never used it but have good experiences with both melatonin and valerian. The racing thoughts are the worst part of restlessness!!

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea i am going to try need2sleep even thou it is over priced for a sleep aid alot of ntbm is over priced but i would rather pay a little more for stuff that works myself.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
yea i am going to try need2sleep even thou it is over priced for a sleep aid alot of ntbm is over priced but i would rather pay a little more for stuff that works myself.
What was suggested that doesn't work?

benjiman

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What was suggested that doesn't work?
oh crap man i have tried evrything thats been suggested many times and it works at first but you all ways having to change arround to keep it working for people like me with bad sleeping problems.need2sleep will just be next for me thats all:wink1:.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh crap man i have tried evrything thats been suggested many times and it works at first but you all ways having to change arround to keep it working for people like me with bad sleeping problems.need2sleep will just be next for me thats all:wink1:.
IMO I tried it and if you don't get relief from one or a combination of any of the three, melatonin, valerian or 5-HTP, it won't help. Look at the ingredients. The best form of valerian that is effective in all people is one you can rub on your feet as they are the most porous area of the body. It may take some looking to find it but that is your best bet or see your doctor.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I understand what you are saying man. That is exactly the point I was trying to make about Need2sleep

It has helped a lot of people that haven't had luck with other things

rakfunk12

Awards
Thanks for all the helpful replies. I have some stuff called snooze in from vitamin shoppe that has valerian and melatonin in it. If I don't find relief from it then I will look into need2sleep so thank u for that suggestion.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, most on here say to not take it too late in the day. For some of the compounds that have longer half-lives, I've found that keeping blood levels constant is what helps me sleep. My first run of hdrol, I was taking the full dose in the morning thinking it would "wear off" enough by bedtime. What I think was happening tho was the levels would start dropping off shortly after I fell asleep at night, and I think that was interrupting my sleep. After going through a couple of hdrol cycles with terrible insomnia, I then starting spacing my doses evenly through the day, taking my last one at ~6pm. Voila - I was able to sleep much better. That's just me tho. hdrol and pmag for me are the worst offenders for insomnia if I don't space the dosing. Epi doesn't bother me as much, and sometimes think it helps me sleep.

Just something to try...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all the helpful replies. I have some stuff called snooze in from vitamin shoppe that has valerian and melatonin in it. If I don't find relief from it then I will look into need2sleep so thank u for that suggestion.
Your welcome bud :)

Sounds like a great plan to me

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I take three real sleeping drugs. Seraquel XR, Ambein, Clonapin. I still have troubles even when using Needtosleep. But than again, I always have trouble no matter what.

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
@OP (or anyone else having sleep issues, really),
When you're not on cycle, what is your sleep quality like? Do you snore? Wake up with a headache? Been told you stop breathing while you sleep? Wake up "gasping for air", or feeling like you've been getting choked?

I ask because sleep apnea (stopping breathing while sleeping) can cause low testosterone and GH, and in one double blind, placebo controlled study study, worsened coexisting undiagnosted sleep apnea after healthy men were given T. I know we're not specifically talking about T here, but it's clear to me from looking at the literature at work (I'm a sleep tech) that there's a relationship between hormone levels and nocturnal breathing issues.

Ironically, temporarily inducing sleep apnea due to increased T levels might actually be farking up the very thing we're trying to maximize.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the prices for the ingredients listed vs the price of need2sleep at nutra is within $2 of each other....except with need2sleep you really only need to take 1 cap vs having 3 additional caps

i drink chamomile tea at night and take 1 need2sleep and i sleep amazingly, but the best part is in the morning when i feel well rested unlike some other products that leave you groggy in the morning