High cable flys
70×3×amrap

3-in-1's
80×3×amrap

DB curls
30×3×amrap

Grip/forarm machine

Notes
Probably not going to do pin presses again for a while hard to set up at my gym and probably wasn't set up right anyway plus man my shoulder upset lol. going to switch to DB floor presses for a bit see how they go

Had to join the bb row club 195 had a bit of body English to get the last couple but they felt good

Trying to feel so other stuff out sets and rep setups for example thays why things look a bit different this week

That's it thanks for reading
Dmax

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Yeah as the weights get heavier on bb rows you're gonna have some body English. I do my best to minimize it, but I wouldn't stress over it. Never done pin presses and I don't imagine I could set them up properly at my gym either.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I try not to stress over anything in life it not worth it. Just go with the flow lol

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
After a quick check with Google I'm going to go with no on that
Google definition was pretty serious...I was thinking more of just kinda like the guys in big Lebowski lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
My 4 yr old son had his first quest bar well ½ tonight and loved it lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Vitamin shopp is going to have them on sale next week mix and match 12 for 24 may pick up a couple boxes

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great workout today!! I'm sure it's just water weight!...love that you're getting your son hooked early! Lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Great workout today!! I'm sure it's just water weight!...love that you're getting your son hooked early! Lol
My wife and I didn't want him to end up overweight like us so he manly gets water and milk, watered down or light apple juice no pop/soda limited sweets I'm talking really limited lots of fresh fruits and vegetables as a testament to our teachings he won't eat a lot if u do give to like m&m's if u give him a bag he eats 10 of them that's it

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My wife and I didn't want him to end up overweight like us so he manly gets water and milk, watered down or light apple juice no pop/soda limited sweets I'm talking really limited lots of fresh fruits and vegetables as a testament to our teachings he won't eat a lot if u do give to like m&m's if u give him a bag he eats 10 of them that's it
That's really good!! I've done very similar things with my kids as I was overweight growing up as well!! We only want the best for them!!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So the weight thing was just water

Anyone on here notice a decrease in doms when doing ultra low carb I swear it was never really bad no matter how much work I did but now that I'm back to real life eating I've noticed my doms have increased quite a bit. Just an observation I've made in the past few weeks

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today
Did some ab roller×10 McGill crunchs and side planks 4 sets

Tomorrow is ME squats going to shoot for triples to get some volume in and ending at 455 for a trip then doubles on deads thinking 460-475 for a double

Going to talk to Jayson about a possible programs and what he thinks or if he is content on just telling what to do

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today
ME crew squats
Didn't weight myself had a big dinner last night for my daughter's first birthday

Fasted workout
Preworkout-compound 5/tmg/caffeine/yohimbine hcl/starbucks
Intra-compete

Warm-up
Goblet squats 55×a few
BSS ×a few

Squats (monolift/Mastodon bar)
115×5
155×5
295×5
Wraps/belt
335×3
400×3 fast
440×0,0 (not tight at all head wasn't in it)
450×2 fast

Deadlift
135×5
225×5
315×5
405×3
440×2
465×2
420×4

Notes
Ok day really blew it on the 440 wasn't tight at all my mind was kind of all over the place. came back hit 450 easy for a double want a trip but I was happy to get what I got I'll make up for it next week

Deadlift went just as I planned hit my 465 double then felt like doing a bit more work so did a down set of 420 could have been 5 but my grip was going so let it go at that

All in all ok day squatting good day deadlifting

Jayson said he's content with laying things out for me so we are going to stick with it for now. double and triple weeks

Dmax

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Nice session, I can sympathize with being out of it mentally. If I'm not 100% there then weights that should be easy feel like 1000lbs. You came back and got your head in it though! Something very hard to do.

Happy birthday to your daughter too.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks man I'll relay the message to her lol

On a separate note one of my training partners his a pr of 750 in briefs at 171 pretty impressive I think

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Still an awesome session!!! Happy birthday to the little one! 1st bdays are always exciting!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks would have liked to get a little more volume on squats but j cut me off lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today
ME crew bench and accessories
Current weight at 5:25 am was 223 (curse u Italian food lol)

Preworkout-compound 5/tmg/caffeine/yohimbine hcl/starbucks
Intra-compete

Warm-up
Lat pull-downs front/behind, rotator cuff, K Starr banded stuff

Bench
85×6
105×5
135×5
195×5
225×3
255×3
275×3
285×2
Red Slingshot
320×3
335×1

Machine seated row
100×10
180×3×10

Superset
Pec Deck/banded pushdowns
80×12
120×3×10
Push downs
3×amrap

Curls/green band Skullcruchers

Note
Bench went great today there are quiet a few rep pr's in there, plus 335 is the most I've held in my hands and even that went great thought he was going to make me double it. Moved my grip in a couple fingers now my middle finger is on the rings which help the shoulder and to get a lot tighter and in turn more leg drive this way odd how small things can lead to big things

Dmax

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Sick bench day. I haven't been in this log long but this is the best benching I've seen you do by far. Congrats.

I'm going in for a pump session and you just gave me some motivation to bench something heavy (wanting to iron out a few things with my set-up).

capo180

Awards
  • Established
nice work man, on both days. especially that come back on squats. getting stronger every day. you bench with middle finger on the rings? pretty darn wide, closing in on 3 plates though!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Yea middle finger or ring finger seemed just about right today. One of the training partners suggested to move it around a bit after I told him I felt I mite be too wide after watching everyone else bench he said we are here if u miss it so give it a shot

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
DMax, 285 x 2 has have you at like a estimated 300 1RM with whatever style you were doing(TnG or comp). Very impressive.

I switch between middle or ring on the rings. Usually ring on the rings on too sets.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks rob and Sean I've been thinking about my setups all week and practicing squeezing my shoulders blades together sort for get a feel for that soild base

O and thanks for the reminder about graham crackers in yogurt in your log Sean was a great combination for lunch today

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks rob and Sean I've been thinking about my setups all week and practicing squeezing my shoulders blades together sort for get a feel for that soild base O and thanks for the reminder about graham crackers in yogurt in your log Sean was a great combination for lunch today
Nice!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
You know what pisses me off most at this moment. I'm trying to accomplish a goal lose 10 more lbs but all we do I ****ing go out to eat all the time can't accurately track what I'm eat I know it sounded obsessive but when u get something in your head I just want to get it done is that to much to ask

Rant over sorry

Side note good exercise for the front of the shoulder?

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
You know what pisses me off most at this moment. I'm trying to accomplish a goal lose 10 more lbs but all we do I ****ing go out to eat all the time can't accurately track what I'm eat I know it sounded obsessive but when u get something in your head I just want to get it done is that to much to ask Rant over sorry Side note good exercise for the front of the shoulder?
Myfitnesspal or just google ing the restaurants nutrition facts helps. Well if it's a chain restaurant, that is.

And idkkkk front raises?

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks i do it daily with myfitnesspal just portions aren't as accurate as I'd like

Yea maybe I'll just consistsly do the front raises for a while

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just make the best choices you can and if you know you are going out maybe lighten up the earlier meals. You're Dmaxamillion, you ain't gun let some lasagna noodle get you down!

capo180

Awards
  • Established
myfitness pal has a lot of the common stuff in it, like chain resturaunts and stuff. it can be hard to eye ball things if its not on there, and usually im way off.

but for the front delts front raises, incline presses, over head press, any variation of those things. a steady diet of incline/OHP is my go too.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Lol thanks rob I just wish my wife would realize how much I hate to go out anymore

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
As usual capo you info is very helpful steady stream of those exercise and time

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks for the help yesterday guys had a great day at the gym and a crappy day at home and shouldn't have brought it here sorry

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
Thanks for the help yesterday day guys had a great day at the gym and a crappy day at home and shouldn't have brought it here sorry
Everyone deserves the right to rant now and again. An anonymous (relatively) forum can be a great outlet sometimes.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I fight with the same issues! It's difficult when the other half doesn't have the same goals/outlook. Fitness pal is a great help. You can even look it up before you choose. Oh, and feel free to rant! That's what we are here for -support and to hear others experiences.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks Kat your great and I am making some headway

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Want to do something different for light squat day tomorrow anyone think of a cool variant I should give a shot up for anything

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Want to do something different for light squat day tomorrow anyone think of a cool variant I should give a shot up for anything
I like any beltless variation(Hi bar/front preferably)
SSB beltless
Any form with any bar box squat
Or use chains to keep it light in the hole

Never tried reverse band as a light squat TBH. Only as overload. Not saying don't, I just have no experience there haha

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks i wish I had access to chains and my commercial gym or I would definitely be doing that

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dude, I can't just worth a **** bw lol