DCP 2.0

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish I could give a better timeframe, but these ingredients are a huge pain to work with and we get one shot to make the tableting work. If we screw anything up, we have $35k worth of crappy goop.
If it is that hard why not capsules? You can use 00 or 000 even if it means you don't end up with a $35K loss. I don't know the specifics but that is the first thing that comes to mind to me when I read what you said above.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it is that hard why not capsules? You can use 00 or 000 even if it means you don't end up with a $35K loss. I don't know the specifics but that is the first thing that comes to mind to me when I read what you said above.
There is too much heat involved in encapsulation. The product turns into a goo and clogs up the holes in the machine every 200 caps or so.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
There is too much heat involved in encapsulation. The product turns into a goo and clogs up the holes in the machine every 200 caps or so.
If those machines are like some of the girls I know, they don't like goo in the holes.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If those machines are like some of the girls I know, they don't like goo in the holes.
You know the wrong kind of girls.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
I remember back in the day, DCP was some large horse capsules that had black liquid in them. When the tablets came, I much preferred them.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
Didn't know heat was involved in encapsulation. Why would this be? I thought capsules were just pressed together?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't know heat was involved in encapsulation. Why would this be? I thought capsules were just pressed together?
It's the actual filling of the capsule.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I need more than a good laugh is some DCP 2.0.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
'Scuse me while I whip dis out

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
A fortune in every bottle! Great idea Beast!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you suggesting that the DCP 2.0 bottles should include funny fortunes in them? Anabolic fortune cookies?!?!
That would be hilariously awesome to open DCP and get a fortune. "Confucius say: Get swole or GTFO!"

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wasn't directed at you, that was another 'fortune.' Probably the one I'd get, too, knowing my luck. :D
Oh I know it wasn't (though now I'm having second thoughts...uhhh....*runs away*). I just meant in general I know such a thing is mean, but I still laughed in the office when I read it. lol

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ETA?

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
I am eagerly awaiting the release of the new ingredient profile. Can't wait!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going on 10 weeks now...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
::insert cliche here:::

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First ingredient released is....High Potency Mangiferin

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22038976

Mol Nutr Food Res. 2011 Dec;55(12):1809-18. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201100392. Epub 2011 Oct 31.
[h=1]Beneficial effects of mangiferin on hyperlipidemia in high-fat-fed hamsters.[/h]Guo F, Huang C, Liao X, Wang Y, He Y, Feng R, Li Y, Sun C.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Public Health College, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, PR China.

[h=3]Abstract[/h][h=4]SCOPE:[/h]Mangiferin, a natural polyphenol, has been shown to have hypolipidemic effect in rat and mouse. However, the mechanism of action is not well understood. This study was conducted to determine the effect and mechanism of action of mangiferin on hyperlipidemia induced in hamsters by a high-fat diet.
[h=4]METHODS AND RESULTS:[/h]Forty male hamsters were randomly assigned to normal control, high-fat control, and high fat with mangiferin (50 and 150 mg/kg BW) groups. Mangiferin treatment significantly decreased final body weight, liver weight and visceral fat-pad weight, serum triglyceride (TG) and total free fatty acid (FFA) concentrations, hepatic TG levels and hepatic and muscle total FFA contents. Mangiferin upregulated mRNA expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-α (PPAR-α), fatty acid translocase (CD36) and carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT-1), but downregulated mRNA expression of sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c (SREBP-1c), acetyl CoA carboxylase (ACC), acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2 (DGAT-2) and microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (MTP) in liver. Mangiferin also stimulated mRNA expression of PPAR-α, CD36, CPT-1 and lipoprotein lipase (LPL) in muscle.
[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]The results suggest that mangiferin may ameliorate hypertriglyceridemia partly by modulating the expression levels of genes involved in lipid oxidation and lipogenesis.
Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.

PMID:22038976 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

domore

Awards
First ingredient released is....High Potency Mangiferin

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22038976

Mol Nutr Food Res. 2011 Dec;55(12):1809-18. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201100392. Epub 2011 Oct 31.
[h=1]Beneficial effects of mangiferin on hyperlipidemia in high-fat-fed hamsters.[/h]Guo F, Huang C, Liao X, Wang Y, He Y, Feng R, Li Y, Sun C.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Public Health College, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, PR China.

[h=3]Abstract[/h][h=4]SCOPE:[/h]Mangiferin, a natural polyphenol, has been shown to have hypolipidemic effect in rat and mouse. However, the mechanism of action is not well understood. This study was conducted to determine the effect and mechanism of action of mangiferin on hyperlipidemia induced in hamsters by a high-fat diet.
[h=4]METHODS AND RESULTS:[/h]Forty male hamsters were randomly assigned to normal control, high-fat control, and high fat with mangiferin (50 and 150 mg/kg BW) groups. Mangiferin treatment significantly decreased final body weight, liver weight and visceral fat-pad weight, serum triglyceride (TG) and total free fatty acid (FFA) concentrations, hepatic TG levels and hepatic and muscle total FFA contents. Mangiferin upregulated mRNA expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-α (PPAR-α), fatty acid translocase (CD36) and carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT-1), but downregulated mRNA expression of sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c (SREBP-1c), acetyl CoA carboxylase (ACC), acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2 (DGAT-2) and microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (MTP) in liver. Mangiferin also stimulated mRNA expression of PPAR-α, CD36, CPT-1 and lipoprotein lipase (LPL) in muscle.
[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]The results suggest that mangiferin may ameliorate hypertriglyceridemia partly by modulating the expression levels of genes involved in lipid oxidation and lipogenesis.
Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.

PMID:22038976 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

And so it begins!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This looks very good. I cannot wait to see how the people respond to this. Almost looks like a tri-monthly staple, taken for 12 weeks ;).

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
I approve of the first ingredient, may I have another?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carried over from original DCP...

Arch Pharm Res. 2012 Mar;35(3):481-6. doi: 10.1007/s12272-012-0311-8. Epub 2012 Apr 5.
[h=1]Bioassay-guided isolation of fatty acid synthase inhibitory diterpenoids from the roots of Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge.[/h]Jang TS, Zhang H, Kim G, Kim DW, Min BS, Kang W, Son KH, Na M, Lee SH.
[h=3]Source[/h]College of Medicine, CHA University, Seoul 135-080, Korea.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Fatty acid synthase (FAS) is considered as a novel drug target for the development of anticancer and anti-obesity agents. Bioassay-guided fractionation of a n-hexane-soluble extract prepared from the roots of Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge (Labiatae), using an in vitro enzyme assay, led to the isolation of five abietane diterpenoids: 15,16-dihydrotanshinone I (1), cryptotanshinone (2), tanshinone I (3), tanshinone IIA (4), and dansenspiroketallactone (5). Compounds 1-5 were tested for their in vitro FAS inhibitory activity and, except for compound 5 (IC(50) > 100 μM), compounds 1-4 inhibited the enzyme activity with IC(50) values ranging from 12.0 to 30.3 μM. Our findings may be partially related to the anticancer activity of abietane diterpenoids from the plant, suggesting a further study on the anticancer potential of tanshinone derivatives.

PMID:22477195 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arch Pharm Res. 2002 Aug;25(4):446-8.
[h=1]Inhibitory activity of diacylglycerol acyltransferase by tanshinones from the root of Salvia miltiorrhiza.[/h]Ko JS, Ryu SY, Kim YS, Chung MY, Kang JS, Rho MC, Lee HS, Kim YK.
[h=3]Source[/h]Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Yusong, Taejon.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]The inhibitory activity of tanshinones from Salvia miltiorrhiza was tested on rat liver diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT). Cryptotanshinone (1) and 15,16-dihydrotanshinone I (3) exhibited potent DGAT inhibitory activities dose-dependently with IC50 values of 10.5 microg/ml and 11.1 microg/ml. However, tanshinone IIA (2) and tanshinone I (4) showed very weak inhibition (IC50 value: > 250 microg/ml). A dihydrofuran moiety was seemed to be responsible for the stronger inhibitory activity.

PMID:12214853 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's all for now....We still have around 3 weeks production time, and last thing we need is to be copied. Though, to be honest, we are taking a pretty small profit margin on this product to make sure you have the most badass, and affordable, Recomposition Ammunition we can make.

Most other companies wouldn't waste the time.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
That's all for now....We still have around 3 weeks production time, and last thing we need is to be copied. Though, to be honest, we are taking a pretty small profit margin on this product to make sure you have the most badass, and affordable, Recomposition Ammunition we can make.

Most other companies wouldn't waste the time.
Good stuff as always, Matt! I am a huge fan of your work and the original, so I am really looking forward to trying the new formula. I guess you could say I'm a fan:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 3
ericool007 Supplements 21
DBee Evomuse 16
bell1986 Evomuse 0
Supplements 1