DC training with LeanGains

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
are you noticing any weight gain as of yet?
I eat at/around maintenance on my off days, and +500-1000 on workout days, so Im not really looking for any big weight gains right now. Having said that, I think my bw has increased by about a lb or so since starting.

freakdego21

Awards
yea i do about the same and have seen the same. however lately though i have been eating out a lot lately and been having alot of cheat meals. gotta get my ass back in check.

freakdego21

Awards
So my B3 workout didnt quite go as planned. i went to the gym with only an hour left before closing. so i was rushed. i was then having some major stomach problems because i was extremely bloated and gassy and had to stop and go to the bathroom twice. LIfts didnt increase that much and the quad exercise went terrible because i was rushed/not feeling well. Here's how it went:
B3
Seated db curls:45'sx10,7,4
One arm DB hammer preacher:30x15
Seated calf: 70x11
Sumo press:740x25
Front squat:245x5 (pathetic)
Smyth hack squat: 275x12 (even more pathetic)
I felt really down after this lift but realize i just gotta get my ass in check. coming back with even more motivation and going to kill the upcoming workouts.

freakdego21

Awards
A1 went pretty well today except for the 1st exercise.
*Inc DB: 85x11,5,2-im scrapping this out. its not going up fast enough, and its too hard to get that 1st rep on the last RP. Going to switch to slight inc. DB flys done with more of a power style. Ive always felt these more in the chest compared to regular DB presses and have also always been able to progress in them.
*WG upright row: 135x 13,8,7 I did these way slower than last time and still got more reps
*Dec. CG in smyth: 225x11,4,4
*Rack chin: 60x9,5,4
*HS row: 295x10,4,4
I'm also liking the normal eating again instead of LEANGAINS. i think its something ill use in the future to switch things up diet wise from time to time

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
So my B3 workout didnt quite go as planned. i went to the gym with only an hour left before closing. so i was rushed. i was then having some major stomach problems because i was extremely bloated and gassy and had to stop and go to the bathroom twice. LIfts didnt increase that much and the quad exercise went terrible because i was rushed/not feeling well. Here's how it went:
B3
Seated db curls:45'sx10,7,4
One arm DB hammer preacher:30x15
Seated calf: 70x11
Sumo press:740x25
Front squat:245x5 (pathetic)
Smyth hack squat: 275x12 (even more pathetic)
I felt really down after this lift but realize i just gotta get my ass in check. coming back with even more motivation and going to kill the upcoming workouts.
lol, your 'pathetic' is my working weight.

I'm also liking the normal eating again instead of LEANGAINS. i think its something ill use in the future to switch things up diet wise from time to time
I like heavy incline dB's too. always feel it in my chest.
what is your normal diet looking like?

freakdego21

Awards
well i don't really have set foods that i eat everyday but an example would be like this...
Workout day:
1st meal: 1 scoop whey with 3 raw eggs, 1/2 cup of raw oatmeal all mixed together and then a serving of carrots
Pre workout meal: 8 ounces of turkey patties, cup of broccoli, 2 slices of Ezekiel toast and some grits
Drink xtend during my workout
Post workout: 2 scoops of whey and 1 box of raisins
Post shake: 8 ounces of chicken, 1 cup of broccoli, 2 potatoes, and a cliff builder protein bar
dinner: 6 ounces of steak, 2 hard boiled eggs, asparagus
2 hours before bed:plain Greek yogurt with whey and peanut butter

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
solid diet.

almost passed out again with front squats today. I need to stop holding the bar up against my throat, lol

freakdego21

Awards
Thanks man. lol yea man gotta be able to breath.
My B1 went really well today. had great bump in biceps and legs felt pretty good.
Machine preacher curl:120x13,5,4
Hammer curls:45's x 20-great pump
Hack calf:390x11,7,7
seated leg curl: 190x9,5,5
squat: 375x 5, 285x21

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's up guys. Following lean gains for couple years now.. Slated to start an hst type training mid October... For one month only.. But came across this thread n am interested in dc.. Can someone post a template/theory .. thanks...

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's up guys. Following lean gains for couple years now.. Slated to start an hst type training mid October... For one month only.. But came across this thread n am interested in dc.. Can someone post a template/theory .. thanks...
Look it up online. :)
Loads of good info there. Intense muscle .com I think was the site.

freakdego21

Awards
Dante probably wouldn't think to highly of lean gains. personally i tried to get to 350g of protein a day with lean gains and it friggin sucks. when trying to bulk with lean gains the meals are just too big. i think it works really nicely on a recomp type diet but once i started going past 3500cals on workout days i could really see my love handle growing lol. since i switched to 6 meals a day my progress has been awesome. im 196 and for sure leaner than 3 weeks ago. like i said before, i like the format of lean gains and its convenience but for me it gave me too much leniency on high cals. I couldnt get enough food in so i resorted to eating foods i don't usually eat and too much of them. again the diet works great for recomp though, im definitely not bashing it.
Just came back from my work out. went like this...
A2
Dec Hammer strength:405x7,3,2...chest seems to not be growing. have to make some changes for next blast. Any suggestions are welcome
High Inc smyth press: 195x10,5,3
Skulls: 110x11,5,3...im swapping this out since it didnt go up. going to maybe do rvrs grip bench presses?
v-bar pulldowns: 175x12,6,4...these felt really strong with good squeezes
Rack dead: 445x8, 335x15

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Just came back from my work out. went like this...
A2
Dec Hammer strength:405x7,3,2...chest seems to not be growing. have to make some changes for next blast. Any suggestions are welcome
High Inc smyth press: 195x10,5,3
Skulls: 110x11,5,3...im swapping this out since it didnt go up. going to maybe do rvrs grip bench presses?
v-bar pulldowns: 175x12,6,4...these felt really strong with good squeezes
Rack dead: 445x8, 335x15
is your strength in chest going up?
I found that when I started to incorporate decline pressing into my chest workouts, it destroyed my progress in every other chest lift.
(probably just totally random, and isolated to me)

Im doing reverse cgbp now, and its by far the stupidest exercise Ive ever done. Unless you have access to a neutral/hammer grip bar, it destroys your wrists.

freakdego21

Awards
yea its progressing in strength but sometimes i think because i want to beat the log book so bad i dont focus on chest enough and am jus concentrating too much on jus moving the weight. you get what im saying. so like delts or tris are takin over. idk. im guna play around the movements next blast. this one will probably be over in 2-3 weeks

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im doing reverse cgbp now, and its by far the stupidest exercise Ive ever done. Unless you have access to a neutral/hammer grip bar, it destroys your wrists.
The movement shouldn't be close grip reverse, just reverse grip. Your hands should be WIDE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6JB_-uAw_o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR0gWRGPoH8

When doing them on a smith, do them like Dante talks about with your ass off the bench, and only your upper back on the bench. You are almost trying to push towards your feet. Like Wojo is doing here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14QcYGsryN8&feature=player_detailpage#t=212s

yea its progressing in strength but sometimes i think because i want to beat the log book so bad i dont focus on chest enough and am jus concentrating too much on jus moving the weight. you get what im saying. so like delts or tris are takin over. idk. im guna play around the movements next blast. this one will probably be over in 2-3 weeks
Get form down, and progress with the same form.

Really focus on keeping your chest high, pinching your shoulder blades together(retract your scapula) etc. On hammer strength machines, smash your ass into the seat, bring your chest high up, almost exaggerated, pinch back your shoulders, and NEVER bring them forward, even if you have to do a form check at the bottom on each rep, and reset your shoulders. Try and mentally focus on pushing your hands together(even though this is not possible)

Try and use a SLIGHT incline, and decline. Subtle angles. Like 1-2 notches on an adjustable bench. None of this 45degree, pre-set incline BS.

My chest was really lagging, and it took a lot of these kind of things to catch it up. I am/was very front delt dominant in my pressing, so it is something I have to make a conscious effort to work on.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
hmm, I'll try a wider grip, but I feel like my wrists are still going to have a lot of pressure on them, regardless of where on the bar they are.

maybe my wrists just arent meant to turn that way.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Try and angle your hands so the bar goes across it almost on a diagonal a bit. Look at how Justin Harris grips it, he almost only holds it with his thumb and pointer. Just play around a bit with it, with a light weight.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New to dc.. The "warmup" sets of 12, 8, 6, 4 ... Use same weight, or increase.. I know they're not supposed to really strain you.. But...

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Personally I am not a fan of the dc split BUT believe.in just about every other training philosophy of Dantes. Just remember the value in rest pause is doing TRUE rest pause.... Not a min between like most seem to. Also remember the importance of the variation. Again I don't believe most DCers really rotate exs like Dante says to.

Personally I believe those are the two most important aspects of DC and so many don't follow them correctly and then bitch that DC don't work.

You must be careful with the way you set your routine up (don't do rack deads for thickness Monday and squats for quads on Friday.... Stuff like that) but done right you WILL get great results from doggcrap training.