D-Humps Training Journal.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
So today was 'Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy' followed by 20mins SSCV.
Heres how the session went;
Pulling Power Speed Work - Pendlay Rows 65% of normal 5rep max - 6x3 80kg
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - Pull Ups 10,10,8
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - Cable Rows 3x12 50kg
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - Shrugs 2x15 Machine - Unknown Weight
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - Close Grip Pulldowns 2x15 50kg
Hypertrophy Shoulder movement - Seated DB Press 3x12 28kg
Hypertrophy Shoulder movement - Upright Rows 2x15 27kg
Hypertrophy Shoulder movement - Side Lateral Raises 3x20 8kg

Training went well, but session went abit slow. The gym was packed, with it being friday, its 'Mirror Muscle' day, with everyone working chest and arms!!
Diets been solid, not strayed away from it and will continue to be as strict as possible. I may have a scheduled cheat meal on sunday, as I havnt had one since the diet has started.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
40mins SSCV (fasted)
Leg Hypertrophy workout later on, will update after the session.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
So today was Lower Body Hypertrophy day;

Power Speed Exercise - Squats 65% or normal 5rep 6x3 70kg

Hypertrophy Pressing Exercises:
Barbell Hack Squat 3x12 100kg + 10kg Another PB with this, I love them!
Machine Leg Press 2x15 100kg

Hypertrophy Extension Exercise:
Leg Extensions 3x20 70kg

Hypertrophy Pulling Exercise:
Rom Deads 3x12 65kg

Hypertrophy Curling Movement:
Lying Leg Curl 2x15 45kg
Seated Leg Curl 2x20 35kg

Hypertrophy Calf Movements:
Standing Calf Raises 4x15 (Unknown weight - Was on a machine and plates werent labelled)
Seated Calf Raises 3x20 (Unknown weight - Was on a machine and plates werent labelled)

This was followed by some ab work (leg raises, weighted crunches)

I did say I was going to keep my refeed clean, but this didn't go to plan. Just polished off a rock road and syrup sponge desert! That'l definitely replenish my glycogen stores!! First time I've had anything sugary in a month, and itl be my last refeed untill the end of the month (for the photoshoot)....

Chest and Arms Hypertrophy tomorrow followed by 20 mins SSCV, which I'l probably do first thing in the morning.

Prepped all my meals for tomorrow, got my chicken and broccoli ready!!

Hope all is well with everyone else.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Pressing Power/Speed Work - Flat DB Press 65-70% of normal 5rep - 6x3 35kg
Hypertrophy Pressing Movement - Incline machine Press - 3x12 80kg
Hypertrophy Pressing Movement - Hammer Strength Chest Press - 3x15 (Not sure what weight, the plates on the machine were'nt labelled, but I remember what plate it is each week so I always know what I've done before etc....)
Hypertrophy Fly Movement - Incline cable Flyes - 2x20 Unknown Weight - Plates not labelled
Hypertrophy Curling Exercises;
Cambered Bar Preacher Curls 3x12 30kg +5kg increase
Seated DB Curls (instead of concentration curls) 2x15 10kg
DB Spider Curls 2x15 10kg
Hypertrophy Extension Exercises;
Tricep Extension with Cambered bar 3x12,10,8 35kg
Cable Rope Pressdowns 2x15 (Unknown weight - Plates not labelled)
Cable Kick Backs 2x20 (Unknown weight - Plates not labelled)
Had a good session, was fuelled up from my refeed yesterday! Back to the diet today, kept it v.strict but I am enjoying it still. I know look forward to a plate of broccoli! I never thought Id see the day that I enjoy eating endless amounts of greens! Scheduled rest day tomorrow (apart from normal fasted SSCV), recovering for upperbody power day on tuesday. Going to look to break past my current pb's and up the game a little, although I am finding it hard when it comes to increasing strength whilst on a calorie defecit. Just going to push it as hard as I can!
University tomorrow also, so I've prep'ed all my food and have it sitting waiting in the fridge for me. I take it all in a cool bag so my diet doesnt slip on my study days!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Rest day today, well needed too! I felt the toll of the hypertrophy days, but in a good way!
Spent the day at university, but rather than doing work, I put the time to better use and was researching idea's I have for some more articles! Much more time effective I think!
Upperbody power day tomorrow, hoping for big things. I'l look to increase the weight on EVERY exercise. Im now heading into my forth week of the training and things are improving with each session. I was taking it steady at the beginning to get used to the movements, and the fact I have more than a barbell to use now!!!! So now Im into it full swing, I can push harder and come december the first (lean bulk time), it'l be time to grow!
Seeing as though its no weights today, Im going to hit the bike for 40mins SSCV, then fry myself off a nice HUGE piece of rump, with 200g broccoli. Then it'll be up at 7ish (I get a lie in this week cause Im on lates), morning CV, then gym at 12 for me. Il update tomorrow with how the session goes.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
So just completed my 45mins fasted SSCV and had my morning meal, which consisted of 50g oats, 2 scoops myofusion, a cup of crushed almonds and one banana blended into a smoothie. it was BEAUtiful!
I'l have a chilled out morning and prepare myself for upperbody power session at 12.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
So today is the start of week 4 of my PHAT training. I have started slow and built up gradually in the last 3 weeks, getting used to the exercises and the volume of the sessions and adapting to the new style of training. Now Im in the full swing of things its time to go hell for leather!! From now I will be pulling out all the stops and push myself harder than before.....
So time to push it! Here's how the session went;
• Pulling Power Movement: Pendlay rows 3 sets of 5 reps - 85kg +5kg since last week
• Assistance Pulling movement: Weighted Pull ups 2 sets of 12,10 2 more reps per set than last week
• Auxiliary Pulling movement: Lat Pull Down 2 sets of 10 reps (+1 more plate than last week)
• Pressing Power Movement: Flat dumbbell presses 3 sets of 5 reps 37.5's (+2.5kg on each side)
• Assistance pressing movement: Weighted dips 2 sets of 10 reps - Did machine chest dips - 50kg +5kg on last week
• Assistance pressing movement: Seated DB Press 3x6-10 25's - No change in weight, but managed more reps than last week
• Auxiliary curling movement: EZ bar curls 3 sets of 10 reps 30kg - No change in weight, but number of reps increased
• Auxiliary extension movement: Skull crushers 3 sets of 6-10 reps - 35kg - Same as above (No weight change but increase in reps)
Followed by 20mins SSCV
Felt really good throughout the session. I felt a little different than normal, I was more mentally focused than before. I don't know what to put it down to, nothing has really changed. Apart from the new motivation and the drive to push harder.
Dieting is taking its toll on me though. Being very strict is doing strange things to me!! I've started to crave things BADLY! Even though I pigged out with two deserts on saturday night! My minds playing tricks on me and I could have sworn I smelt shortbread whilst I was at work, but on asking a co-worker, he said it smelt like burning plastic....? Somethings definately not right there!!
Just about to prepare my evening shake of 2 scoops Cookies and Cream Myofusion + 25g Crushed almonds. Recently just discovered adding crushed almonds to shakes, and its gorgeous! Give it a go, you'll be pleasantly suprised!
Tomorrow is Lowerbody Power Day, which can only mean one thing..... and if you havnt already guessed it, its HACK SQUATS BABY!!! I have an unhealthy obsession with these lately, I don't know what it is, but I love them! And I've fell back in love with training legs! They've always been a lagging body part, but I've seen real progress with them lately and my aim for 2012 is to get some BIG wheels!
TIme to hit the hay, as its cardio time in just over 8 hours!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Just got to work after a brilliant legs session! Now all I have to do is keep out the way of the supervisor so I can rest and eat!!Kicked off with fasted morning SSCV like normal, then fuelled up with a smoothie (myofusion, oats, banana, crushed almonds and water) straight after the cardio. Around 2 hours later I had a nice juicy 7oz steak! and 150g of broccoli. Pre-workout I had 1 scoop Gaspari intrapro + 25g oats. Intra-workout I had around 20g BCAA'S Post-workout was the same as the pre-workout shake. Felt good and strong, ready to hit legs hard!! It was power day, so it was all about shifting plenty of weight. Here's how the session went;Lower Body Power Day• Pressing Power Movement: Back Squats - 3x5 100kg +5kg on last week• Assistance Pressing movement: Barbell Hack Squats - 2x10 100kg 2 more reps than last week, going to increase the weight next week. Seeing some great progress with these!• Assistance extension movement: Leg Extensions 2x10 84kg• Assistance Pulling Movement: Stiff Legged Deads 90kg 3x6 5kg • Assistance Pulling/Curling movement: Lying Leg Curl 2x10 45kg • Assistance Pulling/Curling movement: Seated Leg Curl 2x10 40kg + 5kg on last week• Auxiliary Calf movement: Standing Calf Raise 3x10 2 more plates than last week• Auxiliary Calf movement: Seated Calf Raise 3x10 Machine - 1 more plate than last week I followed this up with some ab work and some forearm work. Rest day tomorrow, so going to kick it back and relax! I'l reduce my carb intake (as i wont be having oats pre or post workout) and add in some more fats.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Yesterday was a rest day from weights, but still did my morning fasted cardio - 40mins SSCV.

Diets still strict, no cheat this week. I have scheduled a cheat for 8days, as I'm having an engagement party on the 19th and were having a desert buffet! So a full table of cakes and other similar stuff. So it would be rude not too, Im due a cheat that weekend, so I've just worked it in, so it's not too bad.

This morning was 40mins fasted SSCV 7am, followed by weights at 12pm. The session went as follows;

Pulling Power Speed Work - Pendlay Rows 65-70% of normal 5rep max - 6x3 70kg
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - Pull Ups 10,10,10 - 2 more reps than last time
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - Cable Rows 3x12 55kg - +5kg on last time
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - DB Single arm rows 2x20 - 20kg (Different exercise from last time)

Hypertrophy trap movement -*Shrugs 2x15 Machine - (Unknown Weight but 2 more plates than last time)
Hypertrophy Shoulder movement - Side Lateral Raises 3x20 8kg

Session felt good, but I feel as though I'm wasting good sessions whilst I'm cutting!! I can't wait to start getting those extra calories so I can start growing!!

Legs hypertrophy tomorrow, can't wait! With the new plan I've fallen in love with training legs! Hopefully with time I'l see some proper progress with them.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
So today was Lower Body Hypertrophy day, and I have to say, I was looking forward to this all week, I'l brifly go through the session then discuss it afterwards;
Power Speed Exercise - Squats 65% or normal 5rep 6x3 70kg
Barbell Hack Squat 3x12 100kg + 2 more reps on each set
Machine Leg Press 2x15 110kg + 10kg since last session
Leg Extensions 3x20 70kg
Rom Deads 3x12 65kg
Lying Leg Curl 2x15 45kg
Standing Calf Raises 4x15 (Unknown weight - Was on a machine and plates werent labelled)
Seated Calf Raises 3x20 (Unknown weight - Was on a machine and plates werent labelled)
This was followed by some ab work (leg raises, weighted crunches and oblique twists)

Overall the session was good. I felt strong at the beginning, but began to lag towards the end. I had an early session today, instead of the normal midday session, so I only had one meal before. I'd have preferred to have a couple more meals down me, and be properly fuelled for a big session like legs, but I made the most of it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I always look forward to legs, partly because its something I need to majorly improve, and partly because I know its the only body part where I won't have to wait around to use the equipment!
I followed the session up with 20mins SSCV like normal.
Its now time to rest! and eat! No cheat this weekend, I will be saving that for next weekend. Which will be my last cheat before the photoshoot (if its still happening?! I dont know whats going on, but Im training hell for leather for it!)
I may do another 20mins SSCV later on, as with doing an early weights session, I didnt do my morning fasted cardio. Other than that I will be resting untill another early session tomorrow, which will be Chest and arms hypertrophy.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Today was Chest and Arms Hypertrophy. The session went as follows;
Pressing Power/Speed Work - Flat BB Press 65-70% of normal 5rep - 6x3 70kg
Hypertrophy Pressing Movement - Incline machine Press - 3x12 90kg +10kg since last week
Hypertrophy Pressing Movement - Hammer Strength Chest Press - 3x15 Unknown weight - Plates not labelled
Hypertrophy Fly Movement - Incline cable Flyes - 2x20 Unknown Weight - Plates not labelled
Cambered Bar Preacher Curls 3x12 30kg
Seated DB Hammer Curls 2x20 15kg
DB Spider Curls 2x15 10kg
Cable Rope Pressdowns 2x15 (Unknown weight - Plates not labelled but 1 more plate than last week)
Cable Kick Backs 2x20 (Unknown weight - Plates not labelled)

All in all it was a good session which I enjoyed. Nice empty gym on a sunday morning! So the session went nice and smooth with no waiting for equipment etc....
The weekend passed nicely without a cheat meal, plenty of cravings! Especially when I went round to my fiancee's parents house due to it being her mothers birthday. I got plenty of weird looks for turning down cake! But I survived!
Thinks are starting to get a bit stressful, as I am in the process of buying a house. House viewings and mortgage arrangements are no doubt raising my cortisol levels!!
Time to hit the hay, as Im up in 8 or so hours for morning fasted SSCV, cant wait!!!
Thanks for stopping by!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Il just keep this update short and sweet... Just got back from first training session of week 5 of PHAT. Yesterday was a rest (apart from AM fasted SSCV), thats why I didnt update.
Today was Upperbody Power Day and the session went as follows;
• Pulling Power Movement: Pendlay rows 3 sets of 5 reps - 85kg
• Assistance Pulling movement: Weighted Pull ups (15kg) 2 sets of 10,10
• Auxiliary Pulling movement: Lat Pull Down 2 sets of 10 reps
• Pressing Power Movement: Flat dumbbell presses 3 sets of 7 reps 37.5's did 2 more reps per set on it this week, need to increase the weight again so Im back to doing 5 reps
• Assistance pressing movement: Weighted dips 2 sets of 10 reps - Did normal dips instead of machine dips (20kg plate)
• Assistance pressing movement: Seated DB Press 3x6-10 25's - No change in weight, but managed more reps than last week
• Auxiliary curling movement: EZ bar curls 3 sets of 10 reps 35kg +5kg on last week
• Auxiliary extension movement: Skull crushers 3 sets of 6-10 reps - 35kg - Same as above (No weight change but increase in reps)
Session felt great. Trained abit later than normal as I went to view a new gym with my fiancee. All signed up so I have the use of better facilities now which is great. The only thing is they DONT have a squat rack. But I was assured they have ordered one, so they will be getting it soon. Apart from that, the gym is alot better and I look forward to start training there.
Looking alot better too, fats starting to come off once more. SHREDABULL has had a great influence on this, and has helped me alot.
Diets still solid, ran out of steak so I need to invest in some more. I'm just subsituting the steak for chicken breast for the time being so its no big deal. Im looking forward to the 19th, when I can finally have a good cheat meal/night! (It's my engagement party, and were having a desert buffet, so it would be rude not too)
Thats all for now, Il update after Lowerbody Power day tomorrow. Hope all is well with everyone else, Thanks for reading.....

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Today was the best day of the week! Legs power day.... Session felt good overall, really enjoyed it.
AM - 40mins SSCV - Fasted
Lower Body Power Day - 2pm
• Pressing Power Movement: Back Squats - 3x5 100kg
• Assistance Pressing movement: Barbell Hack Squats - 2x10 100kg
• Assistance extension movement: Leg Extensions 2x10 84kg
• Assistance Pulling Movement: Stiff Legged Deads 90kg 3x6 5kg
• Assistance Pulling/Curling movement: Lying Leg Curl 2x10 45kg
• Auxiliary Calf movement: Standing Calf Raise 3x10 1 more plate than last week
• Auxiliary Calf movement: Seated Calf Raise 2x10 1 more plate than last week
Weights didnt really go up much this week, but I wasnt expecting much. Ive increased it fast over the last few weeks as I've progressed with PHAT, so increases will come in smaller increments now....
Rest day from weights tomorrow, but I will add in another CV session which will be swimming in the PM (one of the new benefits of the new gym, it has a swimming pool...).
Found out the photoshoot for the PhD magazine will be in december which gives me a few more weeks to get in shape (which I need after the nose dive from my holiday!).
Thats it for today, time for my bed time shake!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Today was the first session at the new gym, and went as follows........
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - Pull Ups 10,10,10
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - Rope Cable Rows 3x12 50kg
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - DB Rows 2x20 20kg
Hypertrophy Shoulder movement - Shrugs 2x15 80kg
Hypertrophy Shoulder movement - Side Lateral Raises 3x21 8kg
This was followed by 20mins SSCV on the treadmill.
I enjoyed the session, took a little bit longer than normal (only by a few minutes or so), but this was down to getting used to the new layout of the gym etc... It was nice and QUIET! I will be going at either 12 or 2 (unless I go with my fiancee after she finishes work), so it'l be nice and empty for me.
Tomorrow I will be up bright and early for legs. I will be having minimal carbs tomorrow morning, just 50g of oats as soon as I wake, and I will be having minimal fat tomorrow. I will be still getting my protein requirements, but I will be having minamal carbs and fats to offset the massive cheat I will be having on the night!! Its party time! Im looking more forward to the food than I am the party to be honest.... Im just counting down the hours till I can indulge! Then its back on track for the next 3 weeks for photoshoot time.
I wont be drinking much on the night, so I aim to get in Chest and Arms on sunday. Thats the plan anyway, and I dont want to deviate from it!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Leg hypertrophy day;
Power Speed Exercise - Squats on squat machine 65% or normal 5rep 6x3 70kg
Barbell Hack Squat 3x12
Leg Extensions Hammer Strength Machine 3x20 70kg
Rom Deads 3x12 65kg
Seated Leg Curl Hammer Strength Machine 2x15 45kg
Calf Raises on Seated Leg Press Machine 6 sets of varying weights and reps. Thought Id mix it up with a few different rep ranges and weights, its all about the muscle confusion!

First leg session at the new gym. Equipments slightly different. The squat machine is terrible, and still awaiting the squat rack. Next week it will be a clean to front squat rather than the machine I think. The hammer strength unilateral machines are good, slightly odd to get used to, but feel 10 times better than previous machines.
Party night tonight = Sugar fix. This will be the last cheat before the 13th of decemeber (date of the shoot). Chest and Arms hypertrophy tomorrow all being well.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Apologies for not updating this on sunday, I had a pretty relaxing morning after the party, and hit the gym in the afternoon.
Party was great, the desert buffet was amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed my long awaited 'cheat night'! My drink of choice was diet coke and white rum, which obviously doesnt have the calories of beer, so it wasnt a major blow out. I didnt get too drunk either, nice steady night with plenty of diet cokes inbetween the alcoholic drinks. Felt right as rain on sunday morning, and felt I could of gone to gym then! But I decided to leave it till the afternoon. It was back to the diet for me, and as my fiancee enjoyed a nice McDonalds breakfast (her hangover cure!), I was getting stuck into a nice plate of chicken and broccoli!
So yesterday afternoon I hit Chest and Arms and the session went as follows;
Pressing Power/Speed Work - Flat BB Press 65-70% of normal 5rep - 6x5 70kg
Hypertrophy Pressing Movement - Incline DB Press 3x12 35's
Hypertrophy Pressing Movement - Hammer Strength Chest Press - 3x15
Hypertrophy Fly Movement - Incline cable Flyes - 2x20
Cambered Bar Curls 3x12 37.5kg (I think, not sure how much the bar weighs?! I'l have to enquire)
Seated DB Curls 2x20 15kg
DB Preacher Curls 2x15 12kg
Cable Rope Pressdowns 2x15
Cable Kick Backs 2x20

Session felt great, starting to look nice and vascular when I'm 'pumped'! Which is an indication BF is getting lower, which is goooood. 3 weeks left till the shoot, time to hit it hard.
Rest day from weights today, but morning started off with SSCV as normal, then this evening I did 50 lengths.
Tomorrow will be back to the start, and Upperbody Power Day....

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
So yesterday was the start of week 6 of my PHAT routine, and I have to say Im loving every minute of it. It's a HUGE difference being back at the gym and having a proper routine, with access to proper equipment, as all throughout the transformation I was only using a barbell!! I feel as though I have progressed massively over the last 6 weeks, maybe not so growth-wise due to being in calorie defecit (getting in shape for the shoot), but I know as soon as I start adding in those extra calories I'll grow like a weed (well thats the plan anyway...). I feel as though Im wasting good lifting on a cut! but it will all be worth it in the end....
It was back to UPPERBODY POWER DAY yesterday and heres how it went;
• Pulling Power Movement: Pendlay rows 3 sets of 5 reps - 85kg
• Assistance Pulling movement: Weighted Pull ups (15kg) 3 sets of 10,10,8 (one more set than last week)
• Auxiliary Pulling movement: Lat Pull Down (instead of rack chins, as I didnt want to wait around for people to finish) 2 sets of 10 reps
• Pressing Power Movement: Flat dumbbell presses 3 sets of 5 reps 38's (sounds strange, but the dumbells feel different in this gym! I dont know if its the thickness of the handle or the width of them, but it felt odd!)
• Assistance pressing movement: Weighted dips 2 sets of 10 reps 20kg plate
• Assistance pressing movement: Seated DB Press 3x6-10 26's
• Auxiliary curling movement: EZ bar curls 3 sets of 10 reps 35kg
• Auxiliary extension movement: Standing EZ bar extension 3 sets of 6-10 reps - 35kg
Followed that with 20mins SSCV on the treadmill.
I was up at 7 today doing my morning SSCV, and its starting to get REALLY COLD! Theres no heater in the garage so I may have to invest in some thermals or something!
Diets still v.strict, won't be having any cheat meal upto the shoot now, so I have 3 weeks of solid dieting, and will start my prep 5 days out.
Quick update on the supps; SHREDABULL is working wonders! I really enjoy using it, and the rewards are massively noticed! Protein-wise, I have ran out of Gaspari Myofusion Cookies and Cream unfortunately! But I have replaced it with VPX Syngex (Just a standard whey blend), in the same flavour as the myo, and it is just as nice! I can't get enough of Cookies and Cream at the moment!!! I have also just sampled a few of SciTecs range and fell in love with a couple of flavours from there massive range! I will be investing in some strawberry white chocolate very very soon!
So thats it for now, squat o'clock (Lower body Power day), is at 12, then its off to work for me. So I will update tomorrow morning with how the session goes.
Thanks for reading...

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Quick update then, got home from work not long ago and just taken the dog out for a steady 45 minute stroll.... Time for bed time shake and then bed!! 8 or so hours till I get up in the freezing cold for morning cardio, oh the joys!!!
Today was one of my favourite sessions, LOWERBODY POWER DAY, and it went like;
• Pressing Power Movement: Squats - 3x5 115kg (Done on a weird squat machine at the new gym.... Felt okay, but Im patiently waiting for the ar***** of the new squat rack!)
• Assistance Pressing movement: Barbell Hack Squats - 2x10 100kg
• Assistance extension movement: Leg Extensions 2x10 - Done on a hammer strength machine - 40kg each leg
• Assistance Pulling Movement: Stiff Legged Deads 90kg 3x6
• Assistance Pulling/Curling movement: Seated Leg Curl 3x10 - Hammer strength machine
• Auxiliary Calf movement: Standing Calf Raise 3x10 100kg On the smith machine
• Auxiliary Calf movement: Seated Calf Raise 2x10
A few exercises have changed due to the new gym. I used the hammer strength machines for extensions and curls (each leg moves independantly, rather than both legs moving the same thing, if you understand....). I much prefer it this way, feels harder but you know that a dominant side isnt taking over.
Diets still going spot on. One slight change, instead of broccoli for one of my meals, I have now included spinach! Not a big change, but a change nonetheless!
Rest day from weights tomorrow, so decrease carbs and increase fats.... Still have normal CV in the morning and will do some more SSCV in the evening too.
Thanks for stopping by!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Apologies for not updating yesterday! Was working lates last week, so I go straight to work from gym at half 1 and don't get home till 10. By then its pre-bed shake and then time to get some rest!
Updates from yesterday at today then....
Yesterday was Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy;
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - Pull Ups 10,10,10
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - Rope Cable Rows 3x12 50kg
Hypertrophy Pulling movement - DB Rows 2x20 20kg
Hypertrophy Shoulder movement - Shrugs 2x15 80kg
Hypertrophy Shoulder movement - Side Lateral Raises 3x21 8kg
Didnt have time for cv post workout yesterday but did normal 40mins fasted SSCV in the morning.
and today was Legs Hypertrophy;

Power Speed Exercise - Squats on squat machine 65% or normal 5rep 6x3 70kg
Barbell Hack Squat 3x12
Leg Extensions Hammer Strength Machine 3x20 70kg
Rom Deads 3x12 65kg
Seated Leg Curl Hammer Strength Machine 2x15 45kg
Calf Raises on Seated Leg Press Machine 6 sets of varying weights and reps. Thought Id mix it up with a few different rep ranges and weights, its all about the muscle confusion!
Followed by 20mins SSCV.
No morning fasted CV today, as I was up early and at the gym for 9. So I had a big breakfast (big in my terms!) and went to work on my bamboo shoots! Legs are one of the things I will be HEAVILY wanting to improve come bulk time....
The rest of today will consist of relaxing, writing articles, doing assignments and eating my beloved chicken and broccoli, how exciting!!
I'm off paintballing tomorrow, so I will be able to get in my fasted cardio BUT I dont know if I'l be back in time for chest and arms hypertrophy. All being well Il have plenty of time, but I may have to have an unscheduled rest and do it monday (or fork out £5 for one session at the 24hr gym).....

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Update;
I spent most of today paintballing and thoroughly enjoyed it! The name RAMBO comes to mind! Food was provided by them, but I prepared all my meals and took a cool bag, so I kept to my diet pretty much spot on.
Managed to get back in time for a quick workout and did chest and arms hypertropthy, which went as follows;
Pressing Power/Speed Work - Flat BB Press 65-70% of normal 5rep - 6x5 70kg
Hypertrophy Pressing Movement - Incline DB Press 3x12 36's
Hypertrophy Pressing Movement - Hammer Strength Chest Press - 3x15
Hypertrophy Fly Movement - Incline cable Flyes - 2x20
Cambered Bar Curls 3x12 37.5kg (I think, not sure how much the bar weighs?! I'l have to enquire)
Seated DB Curls 2x20 15kg
DB Preacher Curls 2x15 12kg
Cable Rope Pressdowns 2x15
Cable Kick Backs 2x20
Session felt alright, two weeks to go so I have to get my arse into gear now. I can't wait till after the shoot so I can finally EAT!
Nearly time for bed, so its bath and shake time for me! Up early for morning CV, then its a rest day from weights....

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Two weeks of dieting left!!!!

I start my prep a week on thursday. Due to been very close to the shoot, I have veered off the PHAT plan and jigged my days about but WILL commence back on it after the shoot, as I really enjoy it, and believe with the right calories, I will see some impressive gains....

So today I did Back and Rear Delts, and the session went as follows;

- Pendlay Rows 70kg 3x12
- Weighted Pull Ups 12,10,10
- Deadlift 3x12
- Cable Low Rows 2x20
- Rope Face Pulls 2x20
- Rear Delt Flyes 3x12

Thoroughly enjoyed the session, the change was nice. I followed this up with 20mins SSCV on the treadmill.

Tomorrow is legs! and I also have a deep tissue massage booked in for tomorrow afternoon which Im looking forward to! Can't wait!​

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Leg Day!

Saw a session Adam Gethin (Relation of Kris Gethin) posted earlier on and decided to give it a blast. It was a high rep range session, and my legs have never felt like they did after the session!!! I actually struggled to drive home, it was a nightmare!

Heres how it went;
Leg Extension 6x30-50
Leg Press 5x30 (Ended up doing two sets BB squats and 4 sets Leg press because someone was taking ages on the leg press machine)
Stiff Leg Deads 4x30
Ham Curls 4x12
Walking BB Lunges 1x30
Calf Raises (Squeezing at the top) 4x20-30

I thoroughly enjoyed the session, even though it was one of the hardest sessions I've ever done!! After just 2 sets of leg extensions I was feeling it! I had to really dig deep and find the determination to power through it! All in all, the session HURT! but in a good way!

I will be doing chest and shoulders tomorrow, followed by a nice deep tissue massage. Can't wait!

Thanks for reading!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Quick update before I go to bed!
Legs are aching like hell today, The session did the trick!
Trained chest and shoulders today;
Pre-exhausted first on the Pec Deck, then did incline BB press, followed by decline DB press.
Shoulders were, Lateral raise, Shoulder Press and finished off with shrugs.....
This was followed by 15 minutes on the cross trainer.
Today I had a deep tissue massage, and it was amazing! Never felt so good before, worth every penny and would recommend it to anyone!
Il be sure to update with things abit deeper than I have tonight, got to rush!
Au' Revoir

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
30mins SSCV this morning - by far the coldest morning this year!! I did read somewhere that you burn more calories off when it's colder, not sure the science behind it but il try and find it and post it up. So that's good!

Arms is the only thing left to hit this week, so I trained them today. Fairly quick session, went as follows;

Barbell Curls
Seated Incline Curls
DB Concentration Curls
Skullcrushers
Rope Pushdowns

Followed by 15mins SSCV on the cross trainer.

My calfs are still aching like a b*****d. Only did 4 working sets on them too, instead of the normal 8 and there aching the worst they have done before!!

Tomorrow will be no weights - fasted cardio upon waking and maybe a spot of HIT on the evening, or will be another bout of SSCV, not 100%

Currently out at a surprise party! Just popped to the car to get a quick meal in which I had in tuppaware! Everyone else is pigging out on the usual party buffet whilst I'm here drinking my water!!! Exciting stuff!​

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey great log. Where did u find the layout for the phat? I want to use it in april when I switch from full body pof routines.. I have some info but not enough to compile a full program yet.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Currently out at a surprise party! Just popped to the car to get a quick meal in which I had in tuppaware! Everyone else is pigging out on the usual party buffet whilst I'm here drinking my water!!! Exciting stuff!
Amen!! To me, that's a great feeling of empowerment n self control!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
So yesterday was a cardio day for me, which I thoroughly enjoyed!!
Weekend in general has been terrible! All work and no play! Been busy doing university work most of the time, not been the best of weekends. Also the strictness of the diet and training is DEFINATELY putting strain on the relationship! I do sympathise with her as it must'nt be very fun for her whilst Im like this! but 8 or so days left and it will be done and dusted so all will be well again.....
Trained back and rear delts earlier, and will be going for a light jog at around 9. Il be doing fasted cardio tomorrow, with either chest and arms or chest and shoulders on the evening. Then I'll have tuesday and wednesday off more than likely (apart from cardio), and have a rest as for thursday I will start prepping for the shoot.
Nutrition has been bang on as per usual, so all good there. Definately getting the cravings though!
To keep me sane for the final few days, I will be planning my long lean bulk, which will last over 12 months more than likely (and I aim not to get as fat this time!!).
Hope everyones had a good weekend, Thanks for reading!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
RIGHT THEN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
Apologies for the lack of updates, the last week has been tough with a full time job, uni work, trying to buy a house and prepping for a photo shoot, which left me in a stinking mood constantly and also very tired!

Time for a little change around, regarding the whole nutrition and training. Had fun (I say fun, it was torture but I enjoyed it none-the-less) dieting for the PhD comp, and again for the PhD shoot. It's been tough dieting since june, but worth every minute of it. Been a good experience and just the start of things to come!

After the shoot, I had a great binge. A binge that left me in agony with severe stomach pain! I dont think it could handle the sheer amount!
This settle after a couple of hours, so I thought I'd go for round two, It was the only day I wanted to eat junk so I thought 'when in Rome!'. I immediately regretted it, as it left me in a worse position than the first time round. Curled up in a ball, on my bed close to tears! It was a bad choice to say the least!!! But, thats over and done with now. No more junk, back to the diet and back on track.

Plans for the future;

Running up to the new year, I will be tinkering with my current diet, adding in a little more carbs and have a play around to try and find my maintenance level. From there I will gradually build upon it, and into the new year start a very long (12 month minimum, possibly to 18months) lean bulk. Increases in bodyfat comes with the territory, but I don't want to gain too much as Il just have to diet longer at the end of it.
I probably end up dropping PHAT, and go with something else in the new year. I've had a lot of fun with it and enjoyed doing it. But Im just going to keep it fresh and mix it up.

A proper laid out plan, for both nutrition and training will come shortly.

Supplement wise, I have plenty of Pharma Gain to last me a couple of months and a 10lb bag of Pharma Whey HT so Im A-Okay on the protein front. Il no doubt be encorporating creatine mono into my supplement regime also, aswell as BCAA's for intra-workout (WHICH WILL NO DOUBT BE ANABOLIC DESIGNS NEW INTRAWORKOUT PRODUCT - AMINOTAUR). Other than that, I will be adding in Anabolic Designs Ravenous to aid digestion and ignite my appetite allowing me to get some good quality nutrients down me, and allow my body to digest them properly etc...

Thats it for now, about to grab my casein desert from the fridge and get some much needed rest! More information about training etc... will follow, so stay tuned!

Thanks for reading, good night, god bless!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Right then,
Haven't been on here for a while! Due to a number of reasons (moving house, work, uni work etc...), free time has been very limited. This coupled with me not being able to train due to a slight problem Im having with migraines, means 2012 hasnt started off like I hoped.
I ended 2011 on a high, having the photoshoot with PhD etc... but training has come to a halt, and I had a good week off diet over Christmas. I hope to get back to training soon, but have to make sure the problem is not serious before I get back into the gym.
Also I have no internet yet in my house, so when I get back to updating as normal, dont be expecting long updates as updating from a phone is hard!!!
I will get on a computer and have the new plan and diet up before the end of the week though, and will also start back with regular updates when I start training again.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Howdy folks, it's been a while!

Long story short, things have been abit hectic lately.

Moved out and got a house with my fiancée = No Internet, budgeting money which has lead to fairly poor diet as of recent.

University assignments and tests = Stressed like a mother trucker.

Last few weeks of my apprenticeship = A sh*t tonne of paperwork.

Started getting severe migraines when training = No training, which I hated.

But now it's time for NO EXCUSES!

Finished my apprenticeship and now on a miles better wage, so money isn't as tight. Diet from now on will be strict (although it's hard when my fiancée goes shopping and brings home biscuits and sweets and all that crap!). Plenty of rest has meant I'm back training as hard as ever. Things at work are a little more relaxed so I have found a bit of time to get my university work done there, freeing up a bit of time to relax so stress isn't an issue any more. I now have access to the Internet so all is good and I can now update again!

Just seen the pictures from the PhD nutrition shoot from December, could be better but I'm happy with what I achieved considering I piled on 20lbs after the comp whilst on holiday so leading up to the shoot I was back where I started before the comp!!

Time for the plan!

New year - New plan.

Before the end of 2011 I had aspirations of donning the posing trunks and stepping on stage. Oh how things have changed! The time I had out of the gym whilst I was injured got me itching to get back to it ASAP. But the only thing I could do was fitness related training. This coupled with the MMA gym re-opening has meant I'm back doing MMA and predominantly training for strength and fitness.

The plan will be expanded on in due course.

Hope all is well with everyone, look forward to catching up with the forum.

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
good to see you back Dave.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
good to see you back Dave.
Cheers Mick! Glad to be back!

This morning will be bodyweight circuits at home, will post details of this later.

Fitness has taken a little step back due to a hip injury, more than likely from running. I think I started doing too much too soon, and have paid the price. So the running has stopped, and I'm spending more time in the pool and on the bike.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Rest day from weights today, going to do some mobility exercises and plenty of stretching. Nothing to exciting! Just to improve flexibility etc....

Im going to post the latest Transform Stack pictures soon hopefully. Just having a few problems trying to upload it. It should be on the anabolic designs Facebook page by the end of the day.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Good morning everybody, how is everyone on this fine morning?!

Nice steady chest and tri's session yesterday,

Consisted of a good amount of heavy pressing, cable flyes, skull crushers and Pushdowns....
Seem to be increasing weights every session since the lay off in January. Not quite back at my best, I was strongest back during the fitforum comp I entered when I was tipping the scales at 13st. Seem to have lost a fair bit of strength but it's slowly coming back.

Hopefully get time to hit legs later on today, nice big squat session!! Aim is not to be able to walk till next weekend, il let you know how that goes!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Good Morning folks! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Unfortunately I didn't get time for legs on Sunday, wedding planning took priority! Which meant I just had a steady run on the Sunday and did legs yesterday.

First time in a while I hit legs properly and I'm feeling it now! New gym partner so can hit it harder than before without the thought of being stuck at the bottom of a squat etc...!

Still waiting to get access to a computer to be able to post the most recent picture. Currently using my phone for everything so it can be a ball ache getting things sorted.

MMA tonight, looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
My legs are in pieces! Constant pain, and a constant struggle to move! God I love DOMS!

MMA last night, mainly fitness work which I thought I'd struggle with but my fitness has improved with all the running an cycling I have been doing, which can only be a good thing. Been offered a fight in June, but I don't think I'm ready yet. I don't just want to be a competitor, if I'm going to step into the ring/octogon, I want to know I will win, I'm not just in it for the taking part!

Back and Bi's tonight, after plenty of food! Piling in the nutrients to help recovery. AD Ravenous is working wonders with the eating and digestion aspects to my plan. Helping me eat more and utilise all the nutrients better. Would recommend it to anyone.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
So it's 5 days since legs and I'm still walking funny! Can tell they havnt been put through there paces like that in a while!!

Hit chest last night. Started with decline barbell, then incline dumbell, dips and finished with cable flyes. Nice session, felt pumped and insanely focused. Il put this down to the Stampede I took pre-workout. Had crazy energy......

Rest day today (much needed!), may head to the gym tomorrow, il see how my body is feeling.

Had a gait analysis done the other day, which showed the trainers I had were completely the wrong type! Invested in some new running shoes which werent cheap, but if they help improve my running and prevent the injuries I was getting from my old ones, itl be money well spent. So when I can walk properly il get out and test them!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Legs yesterday, another good session. Hopefully this endless cycle of not being able to walk properly for 5 days then just as I'm recovered, hitting them again, will get easier as the time goes by! One thing that can be certain is, By the end of 2012 I won't have chicken legs any more! Well that's the plan anyway! 2012 - the year of the legs!

Nice big rest day today. Spent half of it at work doing some over time - they don't call me greedy dave for nothing! 8 hours double time for doing sweet F A! (that's a joke if my employer is reading this, I was grafting all day and never stopped not even for a quick tea break!).

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Right ladies and gentlemen. I have been training hard recently but have been unable to get online as now I have had my mobile disconnected so I only have access when I find a free wifi spot! Will keep training hard and will get back updating when I have my new phone sorted.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Finally got my phone sorted so I'm now back online, thank God!

Trainings been good and consistent, diet has been average could be better just had a couple of days off as I'm getting sorted for a nice big bulkathon!

Hope all is well with everyone, good to be back on finally!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Right so the bulk has officially started. Looking forward to see what the next few months have to offer! Diet, plan and stats to follow.* Hit legs yesterday, high rep sets, felt brutal! Really feeling it now, nothing like not being able to walk or do simple tasks at work!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Tuesday - Rest day

Wednesday - chest and triceps

Thursday - back and biceps

Today - rest day.

Aching like a bastard today, nothing like a good amount of DOMS!

Will be doing another cycle of anabolic designs granite mass stack, which I will start around the 16th, this is because I am fling.away on Monday for a few days so diet and training won't be 100%. I will be doing before and after pictures, as well as stats etc....

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Back from my jollies! Had a nice few days away in the Yorkshire Dales. It was good to get away from it all and spend the time in a nice cottage with the family.

No training as you can imagine, and diet was out of the window. Back to.normality now though and the start of the bulk. Time to grow!

I did a 30 mile walk on Wednesday, I don't know what part me thought that was a good idea! I'm a broken man now, my feet are in pieces and my joints have seen better days!

Training tomorrow, will be chest. Will update then!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
First training session of the bulk, trained chest and biceps, felt good and strong. I did forget to take a record of my weight this morning so I will do that tomorrow, taken pictures and measurements though.Supplements I will be using are;Anabolic Designs Granite Mass StackMP BCAA's - L Glutamine - CreatineAlso will be using various vitamins and minerals from good old Holland and Barret aswell as omega's etc.....

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Legs yesterday, felt brutal after the short break away! I do love a good squat session!! Went to gym today, mainly to help my fiancée but it was an excuse for me to do calves and abs, the generally neglected muscles. Short and sweet session, nothing spectacular.Will be training delts and tris tomorrow, can't wait! Diet has been good, plenty of clean calories. Granite mass stack should start to kick in soon, tomorrow will be my fourth day.on it. Hope trainings been good for everyone else, au revoir!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Delts and tris yesterday.

Started with barbell press, followed by Arnold press ss with lateral raises. Finished delts off with 2 sets of 50 steering wheels. They absolutely killed me!

Tris was nice and simple, skull crushers followed by rope push downs. Concentrating on slow negatives and getting a good squeeze on the muscle.

Diets been good, getting plenty of nutrients in. may add more calories, which I will decide on late next week

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Thursday was back and biceps, lovely workout! Although my grip started to fail before my back did on various exercises so I will be taking lifting straps with me next session.

Was planning on hitting chest and triceps today, but my puppy decided otherwise! I have recently just got another dog and she suffers with a bit of separation anxiety, which lead to her barking whilst I dropped my fiancée off at work and I was greeted to a nice sternly worded note off the neighbour! So I decided it was best to stay at home and keep her company so we don't receive any more complaints in the same day!

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Monday was chest and biceps. Felt like an absolute train wreck on Tuesday morning. So it must of been a good session! Decline barbell, incline dumbbell and finished off with cable flyes. Didn't feel like much at the time but had the worse DOMS I've had in a long time. Biceps was nothing special, dumbbell, dbell hammer then preacher curls.

Yesterday was shoulders and triceps. Which was the same exercises as last time.

Today will be a much needed rest day! I will be going to the gym, but only helping my fiancée.

Loving the recent addition of ravenous to the supplement stack. It's helping ALOT with getting the calories down, and helping digestion. Started to feel the strength affects of the granite mass stack, increasing the weight on most exercises. The scales have started to shift too. I will have an official weigh in at the end of week 2 and post it up.

DHumphreys

DHumphreys

Awards
Had the last week off due to illness, had man flu so been bed bound for the majority of the time. As you can imagine I haven't stuck to diet 100%, I've been more focused on trying to get better.