Cold hands! Worried! Help

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So past few months noticed my hands are really cold after I touch something cold or wash my hands they stay extremely cold. Blood work shows high rbc so I'm worried about circulation issues. Although it was happening when my blood work was not so bad too.

Anyone get this I'm starting to worry I'm going to have a heart attack or stroke or something

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go donate some blood. That will help lower it for a few weeks or so, and start drinking a lot of water. Nattokinase taken on an empty stomach may also help prevent clotting. My rbc got way too high a couple of times, and these things helped. And if you’re on gear, either stop or at least lower the dose until your rbc is normal again.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Donate blood. drink a lot of water (weight/2 = minimum ounces of water per day), and supplement with Citrulline Malate and Naringenin . Consider 3 to 4 grams of fish oil per day. Look into IP-6 and Inositol. Look into beetroot, arugula and other nitrates.

I agree - nattokinase is a great way to go.

Reduce iron and red meat.

Search hematocrit and hemoglobin as keyword search on this forum.

Tell your wife/girlfriend that your MD prescribed that you provide penetrative anal sex to a partner 3X a week to "clear your pipes out". OK, forget that last part, unless (of course) you would like to have to have anal sex 3X a week with your wife/girlfriend but she has not been willing to accommodate that - in which case report back.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You sure it’s not raynaud's?
This was my first thought. Mother has had it for decades and while I’m not bad like her my hand circulation is always terrible in winter - my hands will be turning white king before other folks would want gloves.

Higher estrogen can promote poor hand circulation; it’s a side for some women on certain birth control courses. I’d consider getting labs on that as well as a CBC.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This was my first thought. Mother has had it for decades and while I’m not bad like her my hand circulation is always terrible in winter - my hands will be turning white king before other folks would want gloves.

Higher estrogen can promote poor hand circulation; it’s a side for some women on certain birth control courses. I’d consider getting labs on that as well as a CBC.
It's funny estrogen was 116! So maybe it is that. Plan on taking 12m5 mg exemestane twice a week. But for the next few weeks I only have 25 mg capsules. Should I start with those twice a week of is 50 mg too much

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
For everyone who keeps saying go donate blood, can you please explain to me why you think that's a good idea or the right thing to do when he never even stated what his RBC count was.....

I'm waiting lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My temperature is 99.2°

Better go straight to intensive care unit

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For everyone who keeps saying go donate blood, can you please explain to me why you think that's a good idea or the right thing to do when he never even stated what his RBC count was.....

I'm waiting lol
If he actually does have high hematocrit/hemoglobin, donating is a good idea (I double double-red donations because it allows me to donate two units of red cells during one appointment). Unless he is anemic, donating blood is usually a good idea, especially now - since there is a shortage (I get contacted by the Red Cross whenever there is a shortage). I've given gallons of blood, even prior to TRT when I didn't need to - just because I think it is the right thing (for me) to do.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Unless you're specifically trying to donate blood to help other people, donating blood for no reason is not a good idea, especially multiple times per year, your iron and ferritin levels will not recover between donating multiple times.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's not necessarily a bad idea either I don't want to take my own stuff out of context my point is that everyone saying for him to donate blood based off his post is foolish

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not trying to be a dick, but this
Screenshot_20220501-200603~2.png

That has nothing to do with anything we're talking about here.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And @Beau

Please don't take this as me trying to call you out or take a stab at you. I mean no disrespect. I can come off like a dick sometimes and that's not my intention

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And @Beau

Please don't take this as me trying to call you out or take a stab at you. I mean no disrespect. I can come off like a dick sometimes and that's not my intention
Oh heck, you would have to try harder than that (not that you would). I am a blood donation advocate.

Neversummer

Awards
It's funny estrogen was 116! So maybe it is that. Plan on taking 12m5 mg exemestane twice a week. But for the next few weeks I only have 25 mg capsules. Should I start with those twice a week of is 50 mg too much
I don’t consider myself to have raynauds but I have had a few episodes in my life. 3 to be exact. All of them occurred during periods of extreme mental stress while putting my body thru extreme physical stress Such as deep cuts with excessive workouts. I did some dumb things in my younger years. I snowboard and live in a cold climate all winter my hands only get cold when dieting. I have Higher estrogen level too

ive seen it happen to my brother once as well after he had a life changing event that put him thru a lot of mental stress.

I would see a doctor but in the mean time I would relax and take care Of your body

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you haven’t taken any exem, I’d personally drop a 25mg and then see how I feel over the next few days/week. I mean realistically getting the AI dose right is a trial & error art; you have to play with it and either keep pulling bloods or probably more relevant find out where you feel good. What is feeling like a good balance of things like water retention, acne/oily skin, fullness, pumps, libido, keeping gyno happy, etc.

Maybe the answer is twice a week, or once, or e5d - I can’t tell you because even you can’t tell you yet. You will have to experiment.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh heck, you would have to try harder than that (not that you would). I am a blood donation advocate.
I also made the suggestion to donate blood. Charge me as guilty, but I guess I don’t understand Smont’s position on this other than the potential for low iron. But they check iron levels prior to donation, right? 🤷‍♂️
I donate probably 3x a year, and not just to lower my hemoglobin. It’s beneficial for others who may need it, especially since there’s a shortage.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Update:

Donated blood and started my ai and the cold hands went right away.