Chest workout

tony224

tony224

Awards
Hello guys

I workout every muscle part 2 times per week and everything is balanced..I am focusing on the body rather than arms ..ive got 46 cm biceps and I can say triceps are pretty big as well..But my problem is the chest...I do every rep on every workout to failure ..I feel pumped up and everything but my chest is not getting bigger and if it is its almost unrecognizable..what would you recommend me to do?

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
First, you do not need to go to failure all the time. It can actually hinder you.
What is your routine like?

It's hard to know if you don't lay your program out.

What are all your stats too?

tony224

tony224

Awards
okey here I am with the chest routine

db flat bench press
4x8-12
cable flyes flat bench
5x8-10
db incline bench press
4x8-12
cable flyes incline bench
5x8-12

and at the end I usually kill the chest with cable crossover or butterfly
4x12 and the last 20 reps
I used to do dips also at the begining of the training and sometimes still do when I feel energized and motivated at the begining

tony224

tony224

Awards
other stats:
chest 117 cm
quads 64 cm
weight: 101 kg (222 lbs.)
height: 185 cm (6'11")

tony224

tony224

Awards
the weights of the db I use are usually about 30 kg..starting with 20 kg for warmup..raising the weight till the minimum of reps is at least 8

mik14

mik14

Awards
Maybe change it up, just train every muscle part once per week and don't go to failure every set. I do failure to one muscle part on one excercise. With my chest routine one week I will finish of with incline bench to failure, week after may be flat bench to failure, next week may be dunbell press incline/flat to failure. Personally I don't see the point of training every muscle part twice a week.

If you over training your muscle won't have enough time to repair and grow! Recovery is very important.

tony224

tony224

Awards
Maybe change it up, just train every muscle part once per week and don't go to failure every set. I do failure to one muscle part on one excercise. With my chest routine one week I will finish of with incline bench to failure, week after may be flat bench to failure, next week may be dunbell press incline/flat to failure. Personally I don't see the point of training every muscle part twice a week.

If you over training your muscle won't have enough time to repair and grow! Recovery is very important.
thanks man maybe youre right I will do it like you..every week Im gonna do one exercise ro failure..I workout twiice a week cca not everytime..It depends on how I feel..when I feel my body is recovered I do the routine again..But thanks anyway Im about to be careful about the recovery time..one more question..when you finish exercise,the last set, is ist necessary to feel the muscle pumped up? if you know what I mean, I have to feel the muscle thats the reason why I always exercise to failure

mik14

mik14

Awards
Yea that's why my last excercise I go to failure, I also found recently I dropped the weight back a bit and really focused on my form, taking the bar or dunbells down to my chest nice a steady so I can also feel the negatives, then while I'm pushing back up try to focus on using my chest and not my shoulders, I originally was one to grab the heaviest weight I push it out, I have my form and technique down pat now making sure what every muscle I'm training I'm actually using that muscle as much as possible to push/pull...don't know how to explain it but it's like I really focus on what the muscle is doing, iv had excellent results and I have been off cycle so I'm loving it.

I have noticed since doing it that way I get a awesome pump and I can feel the muscle worked for the next 3/4 days!

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
thanks man maybe youre right I will do it like you..every week Im gonna do one exercise ro failure..I workout twiice a week cca not everytime..It depends on how I feel..when I feel my body is recovered I do the routine again..But thanks anyway Im about to be careful about the recovery time..one more question..when you finish exercise,the last set, is ist necessary to feel the muscle pumped up? if you know what I mean, I have to feel the muscle thats the reason why I always exercise to failure
Most people believe the pump has no true relation to muscle growth, But i enjoy it. Also; it can lead to fascia stretching which will give room for more muscle growth. I think you should try drop sets, or pyramids, negatives also. Since you do chest twice a week. Make one day really heavy, with a spotter and do low reps, (don't worry about the pump), focus on moving weight. Then, on your second day get a good pump with drop sets and pyramids this should get the blood back into your chest and help it recover. And of course it takes time man. Im not sure how well your eating but make sure your cals and macros are in check.

tony224

tony224

Awards
Yea that's why my last excercise I go to failure, I also found recently I dropped the weight back a bit and really focused on my form, taking the bar or dunbells down to my chest nice a steady so I can also feel the negatives, then while I'm pushing back up try to focus on using my chest and not my shoulders, I originally was one to grab the heaviest weight I push it out, I have my form and technique down pat now making sure what every muscle I'm training I'm actually using that muscle as much as possible to push/pull...don't know how to explain it but it's like I really focus on what the muscle is doing, iv had excellent results and I have been off cycle so I'm loving it.

I have noticed since doing it that way I get a awesome pump and I can feel the muscle worked for the next 3/4 days!
Nice work..have to concentrate more too...cause I like to do everything to max then I have a good feeling but my pump last no more than 1 day and the other two days I have just muscle pain..I feel them worked out but not pumped up..I have also pretty thick striaes under my deltoid and on arms do you have some experience with them?

tony224

tony224

Awards

nice work man..I must concentrate more ..i like to do every set on max to have the good feeling..and then I am pumped up maybe 1 day and the other two days I just feel muscle pain, theyre worked out..but not pumped anymore..I have also pretty thick striaes under my deltoids and also on my biceps and triceps ...do you have some experiences with them?

tony224

tony224

Awards
Most people believe the pump has no true relation to muscle growth, But i enjoy it. Also; it can lead to fascia stretching which will give room for more muscle growth. I think you should try drop sets, or pyramids, negatives also. Since you do chest twice a week. Make one day really heavy, with a spotter and do low reps, (don't worry about the pump), focus on moving weight. Then, on your second day get a good pump with drop sets and pyramids this should get the blood back into your chest and help it recover. And of course it takes time man. Im not sure how well your eating but make sure your cals and macros are in check.
yes i was thinking about it like you said one day heavy weights and the other pump..Im gonna do it like that..and we shall see after 8 weeks or so..Well I concentrate on proteins I try to eat at least 220 g of proteins per day but it is pretty difficult for me to check..and I eat carbs mostly before and after the workout

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
yes i was thinking about it like you said one day heavy weights and the other pump..Im gonna do it like that..and we shall see after 8 weeks or so..Well I concentrate on proteins I try to eat at least 220 g of proteins per day but it is pretty difficult for me to check..and I eat carbs mostly before and after the workout
Why is it difficult for you to check? Also 220g may be too much. Its about 1-2g per lb of lean body mass....not total weight. How much dietary fat are you taking in?

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Oh and i usually dont count protein from anything other than Poultry, meat and shakes. Like the little bit found in other food.

tony224

tony224

Awards
Why is it difficult for you to check? Also 220g may be too much. Its about 1-2g per lb of lean body mass....not total weight. How much dietary fat are you taking in?
dont have the time to cook just the "healthy" food full of proteins :) oh really? I was worried it is too little cause sometimes its about 150-200
fat about 50-80 g...check my photo album there are photos maybe 2 weeks old

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe the B.S. that we need that much protein, i think its just so we buy more protein powder :) Your chest is there man, but i think you should do more upper chest workouts. I know some people say the chest is one muscle and you cant work upper and lower individually, but i stopped flat benching and its really brought out my upper chest. Basically i focus on upper chest workouts, since they'll hit the lower chest a bit anyway.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't believe the B.S. that we need that much protein, i think its just so we buy more protein powder :) Your chest is there man, but i think you should do more upper chest workouts. I know some people say the chest is one muscle and you cant work upper and lower individually, but i stopped flat benching and its really brought out my upper chest. Basically i focus on upper chest workouts, since they'll hit the lower chest a bit anyway.
How much protein you take a day?

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
How much protein you take a day?
I like to change it up, some days i take in more carbs and less protein, but i usually get in 150-200. If im feeling like im not recovering well ill up the protein. I think the important part to bodybuilding is adapting.
Oh and im 220 right now, not 260 anymore

tony224

tony224

Awards
thats what Im focusing right now..I started to do more workouts on upper chest..but its pretty hard for me to gain on that body part..on chest generally

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I like to change it up, some days i take in more carbs and less protein, but i usually get in 150-200. If im feeling like im not recovering well ill up the protein. I think the important part to bodybuilding is adapting.
Oh and im 220 right now, not 260 anymore
Yeah I'm around 190. I try and get at least 150g a day.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
thats what Im focusing right now..I started to do more workouts on upper chest..but its pretty hard for me to gain on that body part..on chest generally
I feel you, just give it time. Keep at it and it will happen. Do you stretch regularly? Read up on fascia stretching FST-7.

tony224

tony224

Awards
im gonna chceck it thanks bro I appreciate your help
well I wasnt doing it exactly 7 sets and so on but i usually use the last exercise cable flyes on flat/incline bench or crossover to pump up the pecs to blast..and these to exercises work pretty well..I usually do 5-6 sets x 12-20 reps..

tony224

tony224

Awards
Guys and what about if I start the chest workout with bench press heavy weight using pyramid method and continue with the other exercises with middle weights and about 8-10 reps and at the end using FST ? Could i repeat this training twice a week or not? or maybe the second training in week wouldnt contain heavy weight benchpress just light weights for about 10-12 reps for each exercise?

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Guys and what about if I start the chest workout with bench press heavy weight using pyramid method and continue with the other exercises with middle weights and about 8-10 reps and at the end using FST ? Could i repeat this training twice a week or not? or maybe the second training in week wouldnt contain heavy weight benchpress just light weights for about 10-12 reps for each exercise?
If you are interested in increasing chest size, there are better options than bench press,
Dumbbell bench, Gironda dips, and hanging ring push ups are all excellent alternatives.
Might be worth a look.
Good luck.
Peace

tony224

tony224

Awards
If you are interested in increasing chest size, there are better options than bench press,
Dumbbell bench, Gironda dips, and hanging ring push ups are all excellent alternatives.
Might be worth a look.
Good luck.
Peace
looks interesting I have to buy rings and then Im gonna try it :) thanks dude

boogyman

Awards
Dips are so under rated as a mass building chest movement.

tony224

tony224

Awards
Dips are so under rated as a mass building chest movement.
I tried to put them into my routine but I dont know if they should be done as a first exercise or the last..and Ive got a feeling I cant do it properly cause I dont feel my pecs after doing dips..they look little bit pumped but i dont know kinda dont fit to me ..but its only matter od time when I completely change my routine for chest I was like that in the past..