Best overall chest workout for max pec

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Im tired of push ups and dips i want a chest work out that involves weights and i want my pecs huge like yesterday any advie welcome. Thanks

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
Reverse pyramid 3 sets of incline bench/Db incline for 5,6,8 reps then dips or another mid-lower pec exercise for same approach as incline then do rest pause training on pec dec machine - aiming for 15,5,5,5,5,5.

I like it but idk what you where doing previously.

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
Rest pause training really hits parts that don't get hit often with normal training approach

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Basic chest work out barbell push ups but my arms were tiring before my chest felt any pump/burn

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
but my arms were tiring before my chest felt any pump/burn
Make sure your scapula is squeezed and shoulders back and don't have your arms flared out and keep chest up and when you push push through your elbows and squeeze your chest, I hope that helps. I use to have this problem, and correcting my form really helped.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Make sure your scapula is squeezed and shoulders back and don't have your arms flared out and keep chest up and when you push push through your elbows and squeeze your chest, I hope that helps. I use to have this problem, and correcting my form really helped.
Thanks alot i will report back on chest day.

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
Thanks alot i will report back on chest day.

Awesome, glad I could help. And forgot to mention on the rest pause training it's only a maximum of 20 seconds rest between the sets and you'll use the same weight each set, so it's really kinda like a giant drop set but really ignites hypertrophy within the muscle. And On the reverse pyramid training just decrease weight by about 10% each set and increase reps a bit. Good luck buddy!