Chest lagging on max ot

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
I'm doing max ot and every body part is coming along nicely and strength is quickly going up. Chest however, while it is getting stronger at a good rate, is not growing. Everything else is growing except my chest. Help!

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
Time on eccentric, concentric, and static phases?
Im not sure I just focus on doing as much weight as I can for 4-6 reps. I just don't understand why my chest isn't growing and everything else is.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im not sure I just focus on doing as much weight as I can for 4-6 reps. I just don't understand why my chest isn't growing and everything else is.
That may be your problem. It's not necessarily how much weight you can do; it's about stimulating the muscle properly to promote hypertrophy.

Also, what are your stats? Age, height, weight, experience, etc.?

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
21, 5'11, 184 , 3 years training 1.5 serious.

So how can I manipulate more chest hypertrophy. My main goal is strength but I also want if to be bigger. I wanna look strong as well as being strong so I can intimidate my opponents

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
21, 5'11, 184 , 3 years training 1.5 serious.

So how can I manipulate more chest hypertrophy. My main goal is strength but I also want if to be bigger. I wanna look strong as well as being strong so I can intimidate my opponents
You shouldn't worry about aesthetics at all if you're an athlete.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude all my friends and kids on my team always make comments haha help me out please
I did help you out. Who cares if someone teases you when you're winning at your sport? Your lifting should compliment your sport by addressing your physical weaknesses and imbalances and should not be catered to looking a certain way.

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
I did help you out. Who cares if someone teases you when you're winning at your sport? Your lifting should compliment your sport by addressing your physical weaknesses and imbalances and should not be catered to looking a certain way.
Please can you just tell me how I can make my chest bigger. I want a bigger chest and always have

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
Please can you just tell me how I can make my chest bigger. I want a bigger chest and always have
Cadenced reps, full ROM (consciously stretch/contract), drop the weight some and focus on squeezing and activating your chest through the exercise ROM. Stay heavy on your compounds but include higher reps, including all criteria just stated, on your accessory lifts. Drop sets/super sets. "Crush the bar" with your grip and squeeze it together on the concentric phase when benching. Also re-evaluate your diet and ensure your meeting requirements.

bar squeeze bench.jpg

Machmood

Awards
I wouldnt change anything. Your strength is going up and the rest of your body is growing. Eventually your chest will groW just keep getting better every workout. I'm not a fan of max ot, low reps ,low volume and low frequency. Not exactly good for optimal growth

BigShadow

BigShadow

Awards
  • Established
The reason most people can't grow there chest is due to improper technique. I see it all the time at the gym. Guys lifting to much weight, with bad form. The most common mistake is locking out your elbows. I rarely push the bar past 10 inches from the top of my chest. Usually keep it around 8 and pump my reps 8-12 through this rom. Also a lot of guys don't know is by learning to squeeze your shoulder blades together and keeping them squeezed threw the entire rom puts maximum weight on your pecs and takes most of your shoulders out of the pressing movement. This takes patience to learn though. You have to start with a much lighter weight and work up to it. Remember it's not so much how much weight you can bench but how many fibers you can activate and stretch during the excersise. Squeeze your shoulder blades together then lie back on the bench. Try to keep them squeezed during the entire set. DON'T try to go heavy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 17
zcol94 Training Forum 24
justdoit40 Training Forum 14
tilldeath Training Forum 10
Training Forum 4