Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i had never heard of this before but it's in a new nootropic i've been using called brain waves...so i went to do reasearch and found NOW brand cats claw at iherb --it has 8,500 reviews with a 4.8 star rating.

the amount of cats claw in brain waves is same as what in the now brand-500mg.

Last edited:
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
i had never heard of this before but it's in a new nootropic i've been using called brain waves...so i went to do reasearch and found NOW brand cats claw at swansons site--it has 7,000 reviews with a 5 star rating.

I remember reading about it a few years ago but can’t say I’ve ever used. I’ll check it out again

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I remember reading about it a few years ago but can’t say I’ve ever used. I’ll check it out again
it's a very interesting ingredient, can you imagine how few ingredients/products have 7,000 reviews with a 5 star rating?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Where are you seeing 7,000 reviews for the Now brand on Swanson? I only see 2 reviews.
thanks for the headsup, i edited earlier post to show iherb, it shows 8.463 reviews. i checked and it does have 8,463 reviews, with a 4.8 rating.

i hope you don't let my mistake keep you from checking out the reviews on iherb. or doing research on it.

Last edited:

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Any thoughts? I got stomach issues using swansons. Will try again if someone smarter than me recommends? Lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Any thoughts? I got stomach issues using swansons. Will try again if someone smarter than me recommends? Lol
i've been using brain waves which contains the same amount as NOW brand 500mg..no issues at all, including no stomach issues.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It has been around for 20+ years. People used to be big on it for pain when I started.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks for the headsup, i edited earlier post to show iherb, it shows 8.463 reviews. i checked and it does have 8,463 reviews, with a 4.8 rating.

i hope you don't let my mistake keep you from checking out the reviews on iherb. or doing research on it.
It's not a bad supplement. ELROCK mentioned and recommended it a few years ago (along with passion flower and skullcap). After reading up on it, I tried some for a few weeks. It's not bad, better results than more than half the things mentioned more frequently. I liked skullcap more though (Eclectic Institute had a really good skullcap supplement; don't know if they still sell it).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It has been around for 20+ years. People used to be big on it for pain when I started.
one of the things i've read it is good for is increasing the effects of other things-one of the comments i read said it increased effectiveness of BP meds and he had to reduce dosage or BP would drop too low--i wonder if it will have this effect combined with other ingredients in brain waves--- brain waves is proving to be very effective-so far, but several of the ingredients need to be used at least several weeks for full effects to start to kick in.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i had never heard of this before but it's in a new nootropic i've been using called brain waves...so i went to do reasearch and found NOW brand cats claw at iherb --it has 8,500 reviews with a 4.8 star rating.

I don't know anything about cats claw, but Nootropics are something I've been interested in for a while but I've never actually tried ( well fish oil, creatine, Carnitine and lots of other things are considered noops) but I'm thinking of the more outside the box things. Do you have any suggestions??? Traits I would be looking for are increased focus or things that might help with learning capacity or increased productivity.

I've been contemplating noopept

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I knew I remembered taking it in something. Then I remembered it was in Anabolic Xtreme Lean FX!

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 90

Amount Per Serving% Daily Value
Ascorbic Acid5 mg8.3%
Lean-FX Lean Body Re-Compositioning Proprietary Matrix440 mg*
Cat's Claw Root Bark (standarized to 15% Indoleamines), Stigmast-5-en-3b-ol, Aneurin DBE™ (Thiamine Disulfide Butyrate Ester), Cha de Bugre (standardized to 75% Purine Metabolites), Acetyl-L-Carnitine, 5-Androstene-3b,7b,17b-triol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't know anything about cats claw, but Nootropics are something I've been interested in for a while but I've never actually tried ( well fish oil, creatine, Carnitine and lots of other things are considered noops) but I'm thinking of the more outside the box things. Do you have any suggestions??? Traits I would be looking for are increased focus or things that might help with learning capacity or increased productivity.

i've been on endoamp everyday for over 2 years, i take it as a replacement for prescription aricept-the aricept gave me horrendous debilitating headaches, and it has worked very nicely-my last scores were up significantly from last years and the year before...the good thing about endoamp max is all the great health benefits along with being a cognitive brain booster, and it kicks in really quick compared to some other nootropics.

i've use other nootropics as a add on occasionally for a extra boost---right now i am using brain waves by black magic supply and even though i've only been using it for around 10-14 days i can feel the effects very nicely, several of the brain waves nootropic ingredients take up to a month to fully kick in so i'm pretty happy with it.

THEBIGT saves 20% on endoamp max-it's pricey but the high quality ingredients are very pricey and for me i get what i pay for--i have bought a whole lot of bottles of endo amp max with my own dime-the vast majority actually-my sister and family buys me endo amp for christmas and birthdays, lol-gotta love family :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i've been on endoamp everyday for over 2 years, i take it as a replacement for prescription aricept-the aricept gave me horrendous debilitating headaches, and it has worked very nicely-my last scores were up significantly from last years and the year before...the good thing about endoamp max is all the great health benefits along with being a cognitive brain booster, and it kicks in really quick compared to some other nootropics.

i've use other nootropics as a add on occasionally for a extra boost---right now i am using brain waves by black magic supply and even though i've only been using it for around 10-14 days i can feel the effects very nicely, several of the brain waves nootropic ingredients take up to a month to fully kick in so i'm pretty happy with it.

THEBIGT saves 20% on endoamp max-it's pricey but the high quality ingredients are very pricey and for me i get what i pay for--i have bought a whole lot of bottles of endo amp max with my own dime-the vast majority actually-my sister and family buys me endo amp for christmas and birthdays, lol-gotta love family :)
Il definitely check it out.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I knew I remembered taking it in something. Then I remembered it was in Anabolic Xtreme Lean FX!

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per Container: 90

Amount Per Serving% Daily Value
Ascorbic Acid5 mg8.3%
Lean-FX Lean Body Re-Compositioning Proprietary Matrix440 mg*
Cat's Claw Root Bark (standarized to 15% Indoleamines), Stigmast-5-en-3b-ol, Aneurin DBE™ (Thiamine Disulfide Butyrate Ester), Cha de Bugre (standardized to 75% Purine Metabolites), Acetyl-L-Carnitine, 5-Androstene-3b,7b,17b-triol
like i said a guy in comment section said cats claw increased effect of his BP meds and had to reduce dose..it could be that it was included to make other ingredient more effective? or maybe it was included for it's own effect?

i am just beginning to research cats claw and have a long way to go....i remember lean xtreme being very good.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
like i said a guy in comment section said cats claw increased effect of his BP meds and had to reduce dose..it could be that it was included to make other ingredient more effective? or maybe it was included for it's own effect?

i am just beginning to research cats claw and have a long way to go....i remember lean xtreme being very good.
😎

I knew I recognized it from something else too..

The reformulated PES Erase (seems discontinued)
The reformulated/current PES Erase Pro

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
😎

I knew I recognized it from something else too..

The reformulated PES Erase (seems discontinued)
The reformulated/current PES Erase Pro
@nattydisaster is a smart guy... the last i heard he still owns PES.

there must be something to cats claw--seriously there are 8.500 reviews on NOW brand cats claw at iherb with a 4.8 rating!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

mitradopa from MA labs looks really interesting also. it will be on my list to try. :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone tried AC-11?

Healthycell AC-11 Supplement - DNA Repair Extract from Amazon Uncaria tomentosa Cat's Claw - Supplement for Anti Aging - Stem Cell Support - Immune Boosting - 350mg Natural Capsules (30 Pack Supply) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AGE0JIC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_Y98VBRAEGY16NW4FN2D8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I haven't tried it yet but I've been looking into it.

I've been researching a lot on longevity and anti-aging ingredients and this is one that I've been looking at.

I've been considering offering it as a single ingredient one or using it in an upcoming formula.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can’t wait. I need it yesterday..
i love endoamp and will continue to use as a daily staple but i will definitely be trying mitradopa as a add on!!!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven't tried it yet but I've been looking into it.

I've been researching a lot on longevity and anti-aging ingredients and this is one that I've been looking at.

I've been considering offering it as a single ingredient one or using it in an upcoming formula.
I'm tempted to try it, maybe run it for 3 months or something.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's a patented form, yeah.
you looking at healthy cell...there is also a NOW brand extract at amazon for around $14-damn thats cheap

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm tempted to try it, maybe run it for 3 months or something.
It's a patented form, yeah.
The research on AC-11 is very interesting from a health and longevity standpoint. I've been considering doing it as a single ingredient and also using it in an upcoming longevity formula. Also been tempted to run some for a few months myself to see if I can see anything from it.

Regular Cat's Claw has good potential too. There are a wide variety of extracts and percentages of potencies available so the dosage needed can vary wildly based on the type that a person gets. We're going to be using one type in our upcoming Inflammation Assist XT product and then maybe another in an upcoming CEL product. NOW Foods and Nature's Way both make good single ingredient Cat's Claw products.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
black magic brain waves has a full 500mg dose of cats claw among a number of other good ingredients, i'm seeing nice effects-but i think it is from the other ingredients since i've heard cats claw takes some time get full benefits.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just a update-i've been using black magic supply-brain waves for a little over 3 weeks along with 2 caps endoamp max everyday...i am very impressed. brain waves is a product i recommend.

twice a week when i go for really long runs-5miles or more i use 3/4 scoop somatomax, 2 caps brain waves and 2 caps endomax amp---fantastic. today i went just under 6 miles with metallica S&M in cd player.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I remember reading about Cat's Claw years ago, but I have never tried it. @sns8778 after read the book Grow Young with HGH I have become very interested in Anti Aging and Longevity supplements.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just a update-i've been using black magic supply-brain waves for a little over 3 weeks along with 2 caps endoamp max everyday...i am very impressed. brain waves is a product i recommend.

twice a week when i go for really long runs-5miles or more i use 3/4 scoop somatomax, 2 caps brain waves and 2 caps endomax amp---fantastic. today i went just under 6 miles with metallica S&M in cd player.
you said cd player lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I remember reading about Cat's Claw years ago, but I have never tried it. @sns8778 after read the book Grow Young with HGH I have become very interested in Anti Aging and Longevity supplements.
I haven't read that but I'll check it out.

Cat's Claw has some good properties but for anti-aging/longevity purposes, the only research I've seen is on the specific AC-11 type.

In general, Cat's Claw is one of those herbs that can be standardized different ways for different things and the dosage requirement can vary wildly based on what type you use. For example:
  • NOW Foods Cat's Claw - suggested use is 1,000 mg. 2 to 3 times per day.
  • NOW Food's Cat's Claw Extract - is std. to contain a min. 0.9% Total Oxindole Alkaloids and the suggested dose is 334 mg. one to two times per day.
  • AC-11 suggested use is 350 mg. twice per day although some brands suggest once per day bc of price.
NOW Foods is a great brand and I like that they offer options - and they do that to hit certain price points. They offer the basic herb powder capsule for the stores and customers that want a 8.99 or so item but then offer the Extract for those that want the better standardized extract. They do this with a lot of their herbs.

Personally, I would recommend the NOW Foods Cat's Claw Extract if wanting to try Cat's Claw for overall purposes but AC-11 if using it for longevity purposes.

If wanting to use it for anti-inflammatory purposes, we have Inflammation Assist XT due out soon and it will have Cat's Claw Extract along with a lot more cool ingredients in it for whole body anti-inflammatory purposes.

---------
We had so many people ask us to do an anti-aging supplement but that's something that can mean something different to different people. I had made a thread awhile back hoping for some discussion on different items in there.

Most of my reading time is spent researching things for products in the works or things I know we are going to make, but anti-aging and longevity supplements have been one of my personal favorite things to read and learn about this year. There are some really cool and exciting options that I think a lot of people aren't familiar with.

If you'd be interested, I'd be glad to put up a new thread and list out some of the cool ones I've come across and maybe you could do the same?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
since I started this thread based on cats claw being a novel ingredient i found in brain waves i should give a update on how well brain waves has been working-great energy, motivation, clarity and even a boost in mood.

mikem1062

Awards
  • First Up Vote
since I started this thread based on cats claw being a novel ingredient i found in brain waves i should give a update on how well brain waves has been working-great energy, motivation, clarity and even a boost in mood.
Are you using Brain Waves daily? If so, are you noticing any tapering of effect of the boost in mood (probably the 2-amino)?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Are you using Brain Waves daily? If so, are you noticing any tapering of effect of the boost in mood (probably the 2-amino)?
yes, everyday but 3 times a week i only use half dose-2 caps--those are days i also use somatomax and full dosed endoamp max and all out sweat-this is for my long run days-works fantastic..other days i use full dose brain waves and half dose the endoamp max for lifting days.

as for the 2-amino the formula was changed and it's no longer included.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you have a pic of the new formula without the DMHA in it?

I tried to find a version of their supplements facts without it on there and wasn't successful.

On their website, it doesn't show the supplement facts panel at all in their images and it doesn't list them anywhere else on there (Which is common for products that have DMHA in them bc a lot of credit card processors won't give credit card processing to companies that sell DMHA products).

I did a quick google search and every retailer that has it listed on the first page has the supplement facts up with DMHA in it and also on google images I couldn't find an image of the supplement facts without DMHA in it.

And I tried to look it up on retailers that carry the Black Magic line except for DMHA products like A1 and they don't carry Brain Waves (they don't carry any DMHA products). So I'm surprised if they removed the DMHA that more of their retailers that don't normally carry DMHA products don't carry it.

I'd be curious to see their new formula if there is a DMHA free one.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i have no skin whatsoever in black magic supply or any of their products including brain waves-other than having good things to say about how well they are treating me....but i will say that i had several questions about brain waves and super natty, so i went to their home site and at the top it says CONTACT US---i sent them a email and got a response a few hours later-very friendly and answered all of my questions.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i have no skin whatsoever in black magic supply or any of their products including brain waves-other than having good things to say about how well they are treating me....but i will say that i had several questions about brain waves and super natty, so i went to their home site and at the top it says CONTACT US---i sent them a email and got a response a few hours later-very friendly and answered all of my questions.
I don't have any opinion of them as a company one way or the other.

I don't really have much of an opinion of DMHA other than it seems to be well liked by some people but doesn't work well for me personally; but I understand that everyone is different.

But I'm not a fan of DMHA as a nootropic or when combined with certain nootropics and certain other ingredients for consumer health reasons. I think that it can be a good energizer for people that respond well to it; but that it can offset some other nootropics and possibly raise some health concerns for some people in certain situations or taking certain things. So I was curious when you said that they had removed the DMHA from it but couldn't find a supp facts panel that doesn't show it.

Nothing negative against them if they still include it - I get it, its a popular in demand ingredient so from a sales perspective, I can understand why they would. I think it just positions it more as an energizer versus a nootropic - but for some people, that may be more of what they are looking for anyway.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
getting low on 1st bottle of brain waves, good thing i bought a 2nd bottle...i give this high marks and from the research i've done it should get even better on 2nd bottle.