Cary goes Nutts for App Nutts HGH-Up and New N.O. Uptake

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Is HGH-Up helping you sleep better? I love how it helps me sleep when I take it right before bed.
I think it is, I fall asleep a litle faster than normal plus I have some pretty wired dreams - but that's nothing new, I always have wired, vivid dreams

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Cary and Enhanced, I would love to hear how long your rehab took after SLAP repair surgery. Like I said, mine was done a month ago. I ended up needing 3 anchors to reattach it and have been told that it will be a while before I can lift again. Not being able to lift has me a little down and I am finding it difficult to stay motivated. I would love to hear what your experiences were.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Cary and Enhanced, I would love to hear how long your rehab took after SLAP repair surgery. Like I said, mine was done a month ago. I ended up needing 3 anchors to reattach it and have been told that it will be a while before I can lift again. Not being able to lift has me a little down and I am finding it difficult to stay motivated. I would love to hear what your experiences were.
I too have 3 anchors. I did PT for about 3 weeks after surgery. After I sent back to my orthopedic, we told me the opposite of my therapist was doing. After that, I started doing my own PT. I did not really start lifting until about a year later. For both surgeries, I stopped going to the PT and started doing it on my own. I now have complete ROM in both but my right shoulder still pops when I move it a certain way. IT doesn't pop out, just makes a popping sound, no pain though.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Tomorrow I'm thinking about doing an upper body circuit training workout.
Shoulders, chest, bis, tris - 3 circuits
1. Wide-grip assisted pull-ups, flat bench cable flies, cable rope curls, cable rope pull downs
2. Regular-grip assisted pull-ups, incline cable flies, cable preacher curls, reverse pull downs
3. Hammer-grip assisted pull-ups, pec-fly machine, 1-cable curls, 1-arm reverse pull downs

Thoughts??

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Tomorrow I'm thinking about doing an upper body circuit training workout.
Shoulders, chest, bis, tris - 3 circuits
1. Wide-grip assisted pull-ups, flat bench cable flies, cable rope curls, cable rope pull downs
2. Regular-grip assisted pull-ups, incline cable flies, cable preacher curls, reverse pull downs
3. Hammer-grip assisted pull-ups, pec-fly machine, 1-cable curls, 1-arm reverse pull downs

Thoughts??
Cary, looking back at your goals I see that you want to add some muscle and reduce fat. It can be difficult to do both at the same time, but you should see some notable body composition changes with this stack as long as your diet is dialed in. Can you get more some details on what you are doing in the way of daily calories and macros? If you aren't strictly tracking them, it's OK to be honest and say so.

The circuit workout you mention above is not bad, but isn't ideal for building muscle either. It is going to have more cardio-type effects assuming short rest periods between sets. There is merit to that kind of work, but it may not be the best use of your time in this case. Let me know if I am wrong on your overall goals and let's see what your diet looks like before I say anything else.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Cary, looking back at your goals I see that you want to add some muscle and reduce fat. It can be difficult to do both at the same time, but you should see some notable body composition changes with this stack as long as your diet is dialed in. Can you get more some details on what you are doing in the way of daily calories and macros? If you aren't strictly tracking them, it's OK to be honest and say so.

The circuit workout you mention above is not bad, but isn't ideal for building muscle either. It is going to have more cardio-type effects assuming short rest periods between sets. There is merit to that kind of work, but it may not be the best use of your time in this case. Let me know if I am wrong on your overall goals and let's see what your diet looks like before I say anything else.
Yes, I realize that doing both is kinda hard to do but my overall body comp is my main goal. At the moment, I'm not really tracking calories or macros but trying to get as much protein as possible.
I see what you are saying about the circuit training not being ideal for muscle building.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I realize that doing both is kinda hard to do but my overall body comp is my main goal. At the moment, I'm not really tracking calories or macros but trying to get as much protein as possible.
I see what you are saying about the circuit training not being ideal for muscle building.
In for this log. How much protein are we talking about? Most people drastically overestimate the amount of protein that we need for hypertrophy.

You really need to try and track your macros/caloric intake if at all possible. Myfitnesspal is a great app that makes it very easy. Good luck!

David
Team APPNUT

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Just because it isn't ideal for muscle-building, doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. I would say that if you only have 3 or 4 days a week that you can get into the gym, then skip it. If you are already working out 3-4 days and want to add a day or change things up, then it's a cool way of getting some extra work in that is more interesting that jogging on a treadmill.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
In for this log. How much protein are we talking about? Most people drastically overestimate the amount of protein that we need for hypertrophy.

You really need to try and track your macros/caloric intake if at all possible. Myfitnesspal is a great app that makes it very easy. Good luck!

David
Team APPNUT
Thanks and welcome David. I have that app just really haven't fooled with it enough

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Just because it isn't ideal for muscle-building, doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. I would say that if you only have 3 or 4 days a week that you can get into the gym, then skip it. If you are already working out 3-4 days and want to add a day or change things up, then it's a cool way of getting some extra work in that is more interesting that jogging on a treadmill.
I'm in the gym M-F and sometimes on Saturday.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Thanks and welcome David. I have that app just really haven't fooled with it enough
Definitely try and make use of it. If you are serious about your progress in the gym, then it is critical that you understand how much you are taking in outside the gym.

David
Team APPNUT

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Definitely try and make use of it. If you are serious about your progress in the gym, then it is critical that you understand how much you are taking in outside the gym.

David
Team APPNUT
Using the app will be pretty simple for my breakfast, lunch and in-between meals but dinner will be a little harder because sometimes we just throw something together.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Using the app will be pretty simple for my breakfast, lunch and in-between meals but dinner will be a little harder because sometimes we just throw something together.
That would be a huge help. That way you would have a very good idea of where you stand going into your last meal of the day and can make adjustments accordingly.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
That would be a huge help. That way you would have a very good idea of where you stand going into your last meal of the day and can make adjustments accordingly.
I will start tracking today. I like the barcode scanner, leaves nothing to guess at.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
So far today,
940 cals
10 fat
83 carbs
127 protein

Havent eaten dinner yet. Salmon cakes, pintos, mac/cheese

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Also something to note, my aggression is up today

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
So far today,
940 cals
10 fat
83 carbs
127 protein

Need more food and more fats (healthy fats). The Salmon cakes should help in both categories.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
For NO Uptake? Need another 300g carbs lol

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
So far today,
940 cals
10 fat
83 carbs
127 protein

Macncheese??? Whole grain or regular? Difference between okay and Bad IMO. Body uses good. Stores Bad.

I grabbed drive for my stack. Hoping to help with The aggression. (Not sure if it will. But might)

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Day 5 - Decided to do Chest and Biceps today
CHEST
Flat Bench: 135x10 155x5 175x3 195x1 200x1-PR 135x10
Incline Cable Fly: 30x10,10 35x6,5
Body Masters Pec Fly: 130x10,10

BICEPS
Straight Bar Curls: 60x10 70x8,8 80x6
Cable Rope Curls: 55x10,10 60x10 65x10

Woke up feeling GREAT despite being woke up a couple times by my dogs barking. Not to mention we are "dogsitting" my sis-in-law's dog (he was in our room) and he would start barking when my outside dogs would bark.
Feeling stronger and feeling a very good pump too!!!!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Are they bigger dogs or the little yelping kind that make my ears bleed? Lol, hopefully theyll start to calm after adjusting to a different environment. In the meantime get on that flat bench!!! Nice work hitting a new high.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Are they bigger dogs or the little yelping kind that make my ears bleed? Lol, hopefully theyll start to calm after adjusting to a different environment. In the meantime get on that flat bench!!! Nice work hitting a new high.
Her dog has a combination bark, low then really high. I'm really happy about my flat bench!!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 5 - Decided to do Chest and Biceps today
CHEST
Flat Bench: 135x10 155x5 175x3 195x1 200x1-PR 135x10
Incline Cable Fly: 30x10,10 35x6,5
Body Masters Pec Fly: 130x10,10

BICEPS
Straight Bar Curls: 60x10 70x8,8 80x6
Cable Rope Curls: 55x10,10 60x10 65x10

Woke up feeling GREAT despite being woke up a couple times by my dogs barking. Not to mention we are "dogsitting" my sis-in-law's dog (he was in our room) and he would start barking when my outside dogs would bark.
Feeling stronger and feeling a very good pump too!!!!
Good thing your not on test or that dog may be up in doggie heaven lol

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Good thing your not on test or that dog may be up in doggie heaven lol
Oh trust me bro, the thought has crossed my mind. But this morning he jumped up on the bed and started to wrestle with me, so he's starting to grow on me a little

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Oh trust me bro, the thought has crossed my mind. But this morning he jumped up on the bed and started to wrestle with me, so he's starting to grow on me a little
The dog is just trying to get close to you so he can steal your NO Uptake. Be careful...

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hey dew.. i got a few days left on my current fat burner.. should i purchase something?? or those cats inbound?

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
hey dew.. i got a few days left on my current fat burner.. should i purchase something?? or those cats inbound?
Yes. Sorry for the delay. They should have shipped from Charlotte yesterday. You should have them any day now.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ok awesome i will refrain from any purchase. these babies any good?? or are we the guinea pigs?

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
ok awesome i will refrain from any purchase. these babies any good?? or are we the guinea pigs?
The new Black Cats are really good. I'm almost done with my first bottle. If you ate stim tolerant like me, I would take two caps.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
The new Black Cats are really good. I'm almost done with my first bottle. If you ate stim tolerant like me, I would take two caps.
I gave away my first bottle to my friend in Philly. He loves it. How could I say no? He has Crohns and I'm just happy to see him lifting after surgery.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Got my breakfast made for the week: 3 boiled eggs and my own special protein pancakes.
Pancake Recipe
1/2 cup pancake mix
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup egg whites (egg beaters)
1/2 cup skim milk
Vanilla protein powder ~ 35 grams
1/4 cup sugar free syrup
All mixed together and made into pancakes and waffles

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I love doing that!! Awesome way to wake up.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Actually, the gym is my wakeup!!
Training fasted. My pumps are better that way. Ohh man, NO Uptake and NeoVar post workout with protein pancakes. Formula for success.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Training fasted. My pumps are better that way. Ohh man, NO Uptake and NeoVar post workout with protein pancakes. Formula for success.
Oh yea, plus I stopped in my local GNsee to get some protein and the guy working used to run the gym that I go too. He is also a certified personal trainer and nutritionist and he gave me a little advise on my supplement intake (when to take, what to add) he was pretty cool.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards

Trained fasted this past Sat and it was awesome. Last time I tried train w/out food in my stomach I got nausea and dizzy. This time but I took one Oxyeca beforehand and sipped on SAA's throughout, and all was good!!!

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Took the weekend off, kept the same dosing schedule for Uptake
Today is Day 8 - Back-Biceps-Forearms
BACK
Good Mornings: 30x10,10
Hammer Strength Iso Low Row: 45/25x10, 45/35x10, 2-45x10 2-45/10x10
Bent-Over Rows: 95x10 115x10 135x8

BICEPS
Standing Hammer Curls: 30x10 35x10 40x10,8 (odd reps/1 arm - even reps/both arms)
Cable Curls: 40x10 45x10 50x10

FOREARMS
Reverse Curls: 40x10,10 50x10
DB Forearm Curls: 20x15 25x15
BB Palm down Curls: 20x10 30x10

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^Stealing that picture. Work looks great I haven't done good mornings in a while. Thanks for my forearm workout today ;)

Trained fasted this past Sat and it was awesome. Last time I tried train w/out food in my stomach I got nausea and dizzy. This time but I took one Oxyeca beforehand and sipped on SAA's throughout, and all was good!!!
It takes a bit to get used to. Mentally it was tougher for me. Felt like I was going into battle unarmed but it passes.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
^Stealing that picture. Work looks great I haven't done good mornings in a while. Thanks for my forearm workout today ;)
I took that pic from a guy on FB. He is a local pro wrestling promoter, SCWA (Squared Circle Wrestling Alliance)

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
As I was thinking to post it on my own FB wall. hahaha

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Day 9 - Chest and Triceps
CHEST
Smith Bench: 135x10 165x7 185x5 205x2 225x1 135x10
Incline Cable Fly: 30x10,10 35x7
Hammer Strangth Iso Lat Wide Chest superset with Hammer Strength Iso Lat Chest Press: 45x15/8 - 2 sets **

TRICEPS
Cable Pushdown superset with Rope Pushout (back to machine): 50x15 s/s 40x12 55x12 s/s 45x10 60x12 s/s 50x10
Reverse Pulldown: 35x12 40x12 45x12

**wow, haven't done the chest press in a long time, really felt a GOOD BURN with the chest superset**
Good burn with BOTH supersets

Not sure if I will get to the gym tomorrow - wife is having Carpel Tunnel surgery

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
A couple things to note, it looks/feels like I'm getting a little dryer. Getting a few more defined cuts especially in my arms and chest.
A couple guys at work have said "You're lookin leaner" and "You are getting bigger" - my arms
I have also caught my wife staring at my arms and chest more. I will flex in front of her and she will look at me like I'm crazy but when she thinks I'm not looking, I see her :wiggle:

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
A couple things to note, it looks/feels like I'm getting a little dryer. Getting a few more defined cuts especially in my arms and chest.
A couple guys at work have said "You're lookin leaner" and "You are getting bigger" - my arms
I have also caught my wife staring at my arms and chest more. I will flex in front of her and she will look at me like I'm crazy but when she thinks I'm not looking, I see her :wiggle:

That's how you know when your making progress!!

Oh, and that too!! :)

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Nice! You get so used to looking in the mirror at yourself that sometimes it can be hard to really perceive changes. When other people start noticing, that's when you know that things are changing!

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Day 10 as noted had to take the day off due to my wife's carpel tunnel surgery. Even though I did not go to the gym, I did have a workout. She wanted the treadmill moved from the basement upstairs. So I started dragging it up the stairs, got to the top and it will not fit even with taking the basement door off. UGH, so here I go back down the stairs and outside and into the living room.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Day 11 - Shoulders and Legs
SHOULDERS
Seated DB Press: 30x10 35x10 40x10,10
Cable Face Pulls: 45x10 55x10 60x10 65x10 Thanks to Stephen Garcia for this exercise
Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Behind the Neck Press: 35x10 45x10 45/5x10
DB Lateral Raise: 20x10,10 25x10,8
Started feeling a little sick on my stomach about half way through doing shoulders but I powered through it anyway

LEGS
Leg Extensions: 200x10 215x10 230x10 245x8 260x6
Only had time to do leg extensions due to time, but holy crap 260 is ALL THE WEIGHT on the leg extension machine - BOOM BABY!!!!