Bulking Daily calorie intake - yes or no

FittTitt

Awards
Hey everyone been a while from i was last on this :p.

I sat down and i worked out (i think) what my daily calorie intake should be for me to bulk up so this is it.

I weigh -165lbs

4042 calories per day
Carbs - 465g (based on 3g per lb of body-weight) = 1980 calories
Protein - 330g (based on 2g per lb of body-weight) = 1320 calories
Fat - 82g (based on 1/2g per lb of body-weight) = 742 calories

In total brings it to 4042. What do you think does that look about right, the only reason i ask is because i was on bodybuilding.com and there is a Ronnie Coleman get huge program and it says he consumes 5562 calories a day now i only weigh 165lbs he would dwarf me so i was thinking a guy that huge would need a lot more if i was only needing 4042 so im just asking in case im actually taking in far to much.

Thanks in advance guys and girls

Collateral

Collateral

Awards
I think that is perfect IF it works for you ... you have to remember there is no 100% factual figures for bulking, it is all personal preference.

For example, i am about 11 stone 11, now to gain weight i have to eat around 4000 calories, because my metabolism is quite fast, however a Massive guy who's metabolism is reasonably slow, would only have to eat (for example) 3000 calories because weight gain would happen at lower intake.

You may find that on paper 4000 calories will allow you to gain weight, but with 3500 you may still be able to gain weight without the fat gain.

Play around with calorie intake and see what works for you, never go by what other eat

Ryan

Teddy21

Awards
I think that is perfect IF it works for you ... you have to remember there is no 100% factual figures for bulking, it is all personal preference.

For example, i am about 11 stone 11, now to gain weight i have to eat around 4000 calories, because my metabolism is quite fast, however a Massive guy who's metabolism is reasonably slow, would only have to eat (for example) 3000 calories because weight gain would happen at lower intake.

You may find that on paper 4000 calories will allow you to gain weight, but with 3500 you may still be able to gain weight without the fat gain.

Play around with calorie intake and see what works for you, never go by what other eat

Ryan
Ryan is correct here. You have to know your OWN body, time and experiences will teach you what you require to bulk, cut, lean bulk or recomp.

The only truth of bulking is you need to be at a calorific surplus. I wouldn't jump straight up to such a significant calorific surplus though (depending where your cals are at now), try adding 300 - 500 calories to your daily intake each week.