Bulk Bison Jerky

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Just an FYI Matt... We've had our affiliate US Wellness meats on site for quite a while. Grassfed Beef in any cut, patties, jerky what have you. Even some chicken and shellfish too. 25% discount on first orders yet very little have taken advantage. Nutraplanet is a different customer base however, so hopefully it's worthwhile for you guys. :)
There's definitely some good products there, but the prices for compqarable products cost more than I can get them for at the local 7/11.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Count me in as well, just no corn syrup or other crap added like the store bought stuff, please and thank you :welcome:

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
Dsade,
You ever try Ostrim? (Ostrich/Beef sticks)
Good stuff! May want to consider pricing Ostrich.... probably exotic enough to be too expensive, but it is a major food item in a lot of areas.

If nothing else.... I'll buy Ostrim if you guys carry it! ;)
ostrich will be cool, what about kangarooooooo :hot:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I can get a good deal from our NJ supplier for rat meat. Rat Jerky anyone?

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I'm down for PLENTY of bison jerky. Can't wait.. peppered would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I would def be down for NP/dsade jerky

Ive been contemplating on making my own for the past few weeks, but free time has been quite a luxury lately.

Teriaki is good.. but pepperred is great (if not better)

A good BBQ would be good as well... but put it into perspective, even if you used a simple carb coating for flavor, you might be able to pull off each serving @ under 5g carbs since you only need to coat the outside of the jerky

themandaloria

Awards
I saw a thing that talked about the plains indians and how they ate it constantly. Extremely healthy, no cancer like red meat, they just died from having bad teeth.

Yes get bulk, i'd buy some

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found quite a few places, and placed some inquiries. Looks like there is decent supply out there, and growing every day.

I think we can definitely do something here.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
Yes please, I would buy alot of this. Hopefully there won't be too much of the nitrites, nitrates, and corn syrup.

NoSwtTea4U

Board Supporter
Awards
I'd def buy some, flavor isn't a big deal, but teriyaki is always good.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im in

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
I found quite a few places, and placed some inquiries. Looks like there is decent supply out there, and growing every day.

I think we can definitely do something here.
Besides sugar and salt, I am also concerned about MSG (monosodium glutamate). :yawn: :aargh: :sick:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
But are you down with OPP?
Yeah you know me!
:icon_lol: (I had to google to know what it's supposed to mean...)
please confirm that excess sugar, salt and MSG will not get me STD :nutkick:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ironically enough I just bought some bison jerky from the farmer's market yesterday. I never really ate beef jerky but I know how healthy bison meat is; my only thoughts were I was undergoing salt poisoning lol. I couldn't even find any difference in the taste beneath all the salt.
Would low-sodium Jerky be a possibility, or not b/c of preservation?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ironically enough I just bought some bison jerky from the farmer's market yesterday. I never really ate beef jerky but I know how healthy bison meat is; my only thoughts were I was undergoing salt poisoning lol. I couldn't even find any difference in the taste beneath all the salt.
Would low-sodium Jerky be a possibility, or not b/c of preservation?
Mostly, the salt is a preservative used because most consider it "natural". Something has to be used as a preservative, and if not salt or MSG then something like BHT.

stevesliwa

stevesliwa

Banned
Awards
Mostly, the salt is a preservative used because most consider it "natural". Something has to be used as a preservative, and if not salt or MSG then something like BHT.
Maybe you can "cut it" with potassium chloride?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe you can "cut it" with potassium chloride?
Perhaps. It is not up to me as much as the manufacturers.

Maybe Sodium Hydroxide?

"All your Base Bison Jerky are belong to Us"

stevesliwa

stevesliwa

Banned
Awards
Perhaps. It is not up to me as much as the manufacturers.

Maybe Sodium Hydroxide?

"All your Base Bison Jerky are belong to Us"
Salt is such a great preservative but cutting it with Potassium salt should reduce anyones concern about sodium intake and replenish an important electrolyte.

Sodium Hydroxide I don't see it as useful but thats my 2 cents.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sodium Hydroxide I don't see it as useful but thats my 2 cents.
If your drain clogged up, you could drop some of the sodium hydroxide jerky down to clear it up?

Or maybe I am just a lyer.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
yo dsade

i know one of the biggest meat providers in NYC. if your interested in talking to them id have to ask my dad if i could foward you or him your info. PM me if interested.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yo dsade

i know one of the biggest meat providers in NYC. if your interested in talking to them id have to ask my dad if i could foward you or him your info. PM me if interested.
Absolutely. PM coming.

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
Would love to be able to get Bison Jerky at NP!!!!!! Beef and turkey would be great as well.

These are all all available online, but I would love to get it at NP. Anything to get to the $200 mark for free shipping!!!

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
for the department of agriculture

Can it be in opaque packaging labelled jigsaw set?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We were thinking of labeling them "Soylent Green"

Each purchase gets a free cookbook - To Serve Man.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
We were thinking of labeling them "Soylent Green"

Each purchase gets a free cookbook - To Serve Man.
Thatd be better than "jerky" or "hey, foreign animal product for your country"

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How about "Definitely NOT Mad Cow Jerky...and for SURE not contagious"

Kreutzfeld-Jacob brand?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
How about "Definitely NOT Mad Cow Jerky...and for SURE not contagious"

Kreutzfeld-Jacob brand?
I think putting it in a tub of bulk powder will do the trick, time to call the NP lawyers.

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
I have a gut feeling that a written warning about excessive jerk off should be included on the label. Some 10 year old kid may think that a bite of buffalo jerky will give him jerking power of a 2000lbs beast. :hammer: Is it common to find buffalo meat in the grocery store? Is it more expensive? Other cattle meat is just called beef? Thanks

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dsade, any update on this or any kind of jerky at NP?

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
If you do this right (which I know you would), you will have another VERY successful product like Java Lather soap on your hands. This really could be huge IMHO.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i love beeef jerky, but i find it screws my blood flow.. i get pins n needles from eating 50-100grams of it a day!! no joke..

gotta be high salt content in the packets I buy!! onhly this pre sold one does it, i use to buy house made stuff off ebay and it had half the salt, no dramas!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still in the works. A lot of the ranchers don't seem to grasp the whole "bulk" concept, and are still trying to pitch us 1-2 ounce packages for big markup.