Bring Out The BEST in ME!!!!! Punthra's Running AI Sports products again.....

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Here's monday's and today's workouts...

BACK

Cable Pullovers
160x12
175x12
190x10

Old School T-Bar Rows
135x10
180x10
225x10
270x7

Wide Grip Chinups
BWx9
BWx6

Pro Grip Pulldowns
200x10
220x10
240x8 w/ drop 180x5 & 120x10 (Sick pump!!!)

Bodyweight Weight Rack Pulls w/ vary hand positions superset w/ Behind The Neck Pulldowns
WG x10 & 120x15
MG x10 & 120x15
UG x8 & 120x12

Barbell Shrugs
225x10
315x10
405x8

BICEPS / CHEST

Hammer Strength Preacher Curls
45x10
65x10
85x10
105x10
125x7

Reverse Grip Barbell Curls
90x10
100x10
110x8
80x15

Flat Barbell Presses (No spot so i had to play it safe...)

135x8
185x8
235x8

285x6 w/ drops 235x4 & 185x5 & 135x8

Incline Barbell Presses
135x10
205x10
275x5 (Hahahahaha....Way to ****y, should have done a smaller jump and got the reps

Decline Barbell Presses
135x12
185x12

235x10
285x7

Incline Hammer Strength Presses sup/ Low Cable Crossovers
180x10 & 30x10
230x10 & 35x10
280x8 & 40x8

Notes:
- volume, volume, volume....did i mention volume???? training was great these last two workouts even though my strength wasn't exactly where i wanted it.
- sleep continues to be awesome (HGHPro) and libido is through the roof right now....(Swole Stack!!)
- for my good friends who have supported me through my family problems, i wanted to let you know that my wife actually had the first normal bloodwork ever since her disease flared up....Couldn't be happier!!!!!! Hopefully if this continues we can get her off the medication eventually!

- with the way training has gone, i can't wait to play flag football this year...I'm a little lighter on my feet and definitely have way better core strength than before.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
very nice Pundawg. Love t bar rows for back- works mine better than barbell rows it seems. I do both though to mix things up as each has certain benefits

Them decline benches look so good I was doing this weight back in jan 2010 before I had to stop lifting lightly however I am faith things are and will work out

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I have the last workouts to post later today....I like decline as well John, but i still feel that dips are the superior lower chest exercise.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the last workouts to post later today....I like decline as well John, but i still feel that dips are the superior lower chest exercise.
so hard on my joints though.. may be better now I'm lighter.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I'm skipping typing the missing workouts last week but here are a couple PR's at my lighter weight...

Push Press 255x2
Front Squats 315x8

Here's this weeks workouts...(Joints feel awesome!!!)

BACK

Deadlifts
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5
455x1 (Could have easily pulled more but this was the first time going this heavy in a bit)

Reverse Grip Pulldowns
220x8
260x8
300x6

Padded T-Bar Rows
135x8
170x8
205x8
240x5

Unilateral Cable Pullovers
50x12
60x12
70x12
40x18

CHEST / BICEPS

Incline Hammer Strength Presses
90x10
180x10
270x10
360x8
410x6 (Wow, not bad weight at 227)

Weighted Dips
BW+60 x5
BW+80 x5
BW+100 x5
BW+120 x3 (Purely an ego set but it felt damn good to pump this out!!!)

Flat Barbell Presses sup/ Cable Crossovers
185x10 & 60x10
235x8 & 70x10
285x5 & 80x8

Hammer Curls
60x5
75x5
90x5 w/ drop 45x12

Laying Cable Concentration Curls
90x10
120x10
150x10

NOTES:
- training has been going awesome lately, just been damn busy so getting on here has been tough
- libido is through the roof and my test is definitely up as i feel like a goddamn walking kick stand
- your going to see some changes to my workouts as football starts as i'll adjust my training to survive the season
- still can't say enough about how good RecoverPro tastes!!! Friggin Amazing!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm skipping typing the missing workouts last week but here are a couple PR's at my lighter weight...

NOTES:
- training has been going awesome lately, just been damn busy so getting on here has been tough
- libido is through the roof and my test is definitely up as i feel like a goddamn walking kick stand
- your going to see some changes to my workouts as football starts as i'll adjust my training to survive the season
- still can't say enough about how good RecoverPro tastes!!! Friggin Amazing!!!
Glad you are feeling so good, you are a beast in the gym Bro, also glad your Labido is back there "Tripod", where/who do you play football for, Canadian league, we are talking about American football right or Soccer?

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Just play in a flag football league....wouldn't play if it wasn't full contact on the line though! I love to smash the linemen and chase down sacks.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just play in a flag football league....wouldn't play if it wasn't full contact on the line though! I love to smash the linemen and chase down sacks.
Man I miss Football... my son is talking about joining a semi-pro team. He could still get picked up if he brings his A game...

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Do you compete in anything punthra?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would not wanna be on the other side of the line with you without pads, I'm assuming no pads in flag football, right? Even still, I've never heard of full contact even on the line, that must be an aggressive league/club?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would not wanna be on the other side of the line with you without pads, I'm assuming no pads in flag football, right? Even still, I've never heard of full contact even on the line, that must be an aggressive league/club?
I tried a swim on my son with no padding, he damn near broke my arm, these young guys are good at hand fighting and their technique is superb. Must be some broken bones out there for sure. Oh yah and they're really fuggin fast too... total different breed of althlete, 50-60 heavier and fast as lightning, just fuggin scary!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried a swim on my son with no padding, he damn near broke my arm, these young guys are good at hand fighting and their technique is superb. Must be some broken bones out there for sure. Oh yah and they're really fuggin fast too... total different breed of althlete, 50-60 heavier and fast as lightning, just fuggin scary!!
No kidding, a lot of these kids besides growing up bigger, faster and stronger have been drilled and coached by professionals since the days of Pee-Wee Football, with speed coaches, drill coaches, off season training camps, etc. If it is offered to the Pros, then I promise you there are parents out there getting it for their kids way before they are even in high school!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
No, there's no pads...Your allowed to push and shove/smash on the line but only flag the QB or ball carrier. Still a damn blast and a great way to get some aggression out.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kids need to play and not be inhibited - they need to do what they want- of they want to great- if not great

some dads force their kids to do stuff and the kids quits in older years. I would rather discover stuff on my own then be forced against my will

anyways keep up the goodwork Jason

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Well, i'm going to need a day off today as the joints and muscles are hurting today. Good day yesterday though....2 Wins, 3 sacks and I managed to pancake 2 people!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Going to try a modified Kuclo Crazy 8's workout for back today. Instead of 8 exercises done together i'm going to pocket 2 groupings of 4 exercises. VOLUME FTW!!!!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
BACK / TRAPS (Crazy 8's or my version with 2 giant sets instead to handle a little more weight)

Giant Set #1

Wide Grip Pulldowns
220x10
220x10
220x10

Undergrip Padded T-Bar Rows
135x10
135x10
135x10

One Arm Seated Hammer Strength Rows
90x10
90x10
90x10

Atlantis Machine Pullovers
Stack x10
Stack x10
Stack x10

Giant Set #2

Reverse Grip Pulldowns
240x10
220x10
200x10

Dumbbell Shrugs
100x10
100x10
100x10

Hyperextensions
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Unitlateral Cable Pullovers
60x10
60x10
50x10

NOTES:
- intense workout which i would probably only try once every couple of weeks to shock a body part
- core is still feeling a little beat up from football
- i've been noticing alot better recovery from workouts in the last little bit...The combination of great sleep (HGHPro), BCAA's (RecoverPro),
and boosted test (Swole Stack) has really helped keep my training going as well as it has
- training for chest and biceps will be normal as i don't think my body could handle another shock like this

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I have picked up my Recoverpro intake just recently hoping for some better recovery and to preserve some mass.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Ya, the recoverPro is definitely coming in handy! Dosing in between every meal right now....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya, the recoverPro is definitely coming in handy! Dosing in between every meal right now....
Hmm I may pick it up some more maybe a midmorning and a mid afternoon... I'm on it have a jug here at work...

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Leaving the training alone today, slept on my shoulder funny and it feels funny today.....Back to killin it tomorrow!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Chest and biceps later today...Shoulder feels great!!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Two killer workouts to post later on...Some seriously thrashed muscles!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Here's the last two workouts....

Chest / Biceps

Incline Smith Machine Presses
135x10
205x8
255x8
305x5

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
60x10
75x10
90x8

Decline Barbell Presses
135x10
205x10
275x7

Dumbbell Preacher Curls
45x8
50x8
50x5 w/ drop 25x12

Reverse Grip Cable Curls
105x10
120x10
135x9

Paramount Machine Bench Presses (Dropset)
250x12
200x5
150x6
100x8

Sorry have to run...will put other workout up soon!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Sorry i haven't been able to post shoulders and legs but my internet has been messed up at home and i'm waiting for someone to come in and fix it.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
On another note, i'll be taking this week off from the gym due to the body needing some repair and me having a minor concussion from one of my friends giving me a pointless drunken head butt.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Going to attempt a full body workout today, we'll see how the old noggin holds up today....Fingers crossed!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
strength is still a huge strong point 305 for reps on incline smith -gulp-

keep up the good work Jason

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Full body workout on friday went great and football was awesome yesterday....Regular training resumes tomorrow as i need a day to recover from football as it's a full body workout in itself.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I am slaying my full body workouts as well, 10's day 3 was easier than day 2 but day 3 was my fasted workout which is always stronger...

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice, I just ran the full body on friday to test how the head was after the concussion. Back to regular training today....BACK! Have some goals i will be laying out soon and i have great run lined up for september.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice, I just ran the full body on friday to test how the head was after the concussion. Back to regular training today....BACK! Have some goals i will be laying out soon and i have great run lined up for september.
Awesome Bro, so the old Noodle is back to normal?

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Ya totally good! Had a great workout yesterday and will post the results later today.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya totally good! Had a great workout yesterday and will post the results later today.
Awesome Bro, glad to hear and glad you are back in the gym KILLING it!!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Here's the last two workouts....Intensity is definitely up thanks to that week off!

BACK

Hammer Strength Wide Grip Pulldowns
180x10
270x10
320x8
370x5

Dumbbell Pullovers
100x10
120x10
140x10

Barbell Rows
205x5
255x5
305x5

Twisted Decline Dumbbell Rows
50x10
60x10
70x6 (strength just fell right off...)

Unilateral Pullovers sup/ Hyperextensions
60x10 & BWx10
70x10 & BWx10
40x20 & BWx10

CHEST (Crazy 8's 2 giant sets)

Flat Barbell Presses sup/ Incline Hammer Strength Presses sup/ Pec Deck sup/ Bodyweight Dips
200x10 & 180x10 & 275x10 & BWx10
200x10 & 200x10 & 275x8 & BWx10
200x8 & 180x8 & 245x8 BWx6

Flat Hammer Strength Presses sup/ Incline Dumbbell Flyes sup/ Incline Barbell Presses sup/ Cable Crossovers
180x10 & 40x10 & 135x10 & 50x10

Notes:
- going to spend more time on width for the next little while
- chest feels like i got hit by a bat today! Feels Great!
- volume is going to continue to stay high until after my hormonal run.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Chest is still sore as hell!!! Legs today, should be a doozy!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Giant sets... that's what I have up next with isolated movements. The best pre-contest method I know...

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
That workout just blasted me...Here's yesterday's workout.

LEGS

Leg Press (Centuries)
90x10
180x20
270x30
360x40
450x50 (Stopped here due to not feeling that strong on my final reps)

Front Squats
135x8
185x8
235x8

One Leg Extensions
105x10
120x10
135x10

Lying Leg Curls (Dropsets)
100x10
70x10
40x10

One Leg Curls
50x10
70x10

Donkey Calf Raises
275x10
275x10
275x10

Seated Calf Raises (Dropsets)
180x10
135x7
90x11
45x14

Notes:
- great workout considering i really didn't get to hammer legs last week, the only beating they took was from football.
- training has been excellent overall and the extra cardio between hiking and football is definitely helping me stay leaner!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
450x50 (Stopped here due to not feeling that strong on my final reps)
Holy $hit, that is AMAZING... 50 reps, I that is 5 plates on each side... I thought I was gonna die when I did my 25 reps/set!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Full body workout on friday went great and football was awesome yesterday....Regular training resumes tomorrow as i need a day to recover from football as it's a full body workout in itself.
Football..haha whod you play with? I bet people were scared of you.,.. Last time I played was like 4-5 years ago People were scared of me also-got a black guy from a tackle from a kind of explosive move ,

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Just play in a flag football league, the team name is the Warriors. Absolutely love the full contact on the line, should have played tackle in high school! Back and traps later this morning....

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Football..haha whod you play with? I bet people were scared of you.,.. Last time I played was like 4-5 years ago People were scared of me also-got a black guy from a tackle from a kind of explosive move ,
Wait... you got a black guy or a black eye?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait... you got a black guy or a black eye?
haha spelling error. Black eye-

id need a day or couple of days to recover if I played tackle -Them guys in the NFl must have great recovery , that is all Ill say =)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha spelling error. Black eye-

id need a day or couple of days to recover if I played tackle -Them guys in the NFl must have great recovery , that is all Ill say =)
Totally agreed, I mean it is all in what you are used to, no different really from high-rep (light weight) workouts vs. low-rep (heavy weight) workouts, if you are used to one and then shift to the other, it will kill ya! Also, for some of those guys, linemen, their daily training and definitely their weekly games are like one car-accident after another with the amount of impact they have! It is kind of like what they discussed on that show, "Human Weapon" I think that is the name, it showed how guys who have been training for years/their whole lives to break so many bricks or boards have a more dense bone structure than others who do not train that way, the body adapts to survive!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally agreed, I mean it is all in what you are used to, no different really from high-rep (light weight) workouts vs. low-rep (heavy weight) workouts, if you are used to one and then shift to the other, it will kill ya! Also, for some of those guys, linemen, their daily training and definitely their weekly games are like one car-accident after another with the amount of impact they have! It is kind of like what they discussed on that show, "Human Weapon" I think that is the name, it showed how guys who have been training for years/their whole lives to break so many bricks or boards have a more dense bone structure than others who do not train that way, the body adapts to survive!
Like I said they are so big and fast now it's scary...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like I said they are so big and fast now it's scary...
Athletes breed Athletes... I have a buddy from LSU (Sprinter) that married one of his Track & Field Female (Sprinter) teammates and their kid is about 10yrs old now and I swear this kid can give me a run for my money. Oh I forgot to mention, my buddy missed the 2000 & 2004 Olympics just barely and his wife went both times, I don't know her name and believe it or not, I only know him as DJ Evans (have no idea what DJ is short for). Anyway, this kid is gonna be one lightening-fast kid, he already is, I just can't wait to see how far he takes it!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
This weeks training has been awesome but been busy with a touch of health stuff with the wife.....Nothing major, just a scare! Retiring this log and firing up the new log when i get back. Comp prep begins when i get back this weekend...Last time for brewskies for a while!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
P.S. the new log will involve Taurus' new prohormone!!! BOOYAAA