Bodybuilding Contest Prep Log using only Andro Series - 16 Weeks

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
6 weeks and I still have so far to go...

This is the point where I ramp up my cardio intensity... drop my carbs and cut up. I will depend on Andro and Mechabol together will help me keep my lean. I am nervous but confident. This is the hardest and yet the most exciting part of this journey. This is the fourth Quarter: ... I got this.

So here is my update.

Weight: 224 as of this am.. My weight drop last week was shortly after an upset stomach so I had nothing left in me... This was definitely not the case this week. I think i need more fiber.. The pictures above are post cheat meal so it was not as dry as I was at posing this am... Either way... many of my pictures I have posted are post cheat meal so i figured I would be consistant. My weight at last show was 117 on stage. My conditioning is expected to be better this show so I am not sure where my weight will be.

Libido:ditto on last week however with my focus on my training... and her focus on training... sleep seems so much more exciting then it used too.

Strength: Strength was up. Though my stamina in posing is poor.. I need to practice more I am sure... Got started on my posing routine so we will see how that goes.

Joint soreness: no issues

My Diet has definitely changed. From 400 Proteins 200 carbs to 350 Protein and 150 carbs for Monday and Tuesday with 100 carbs for the rest of the week. For the lower carb days I will be able to add a tablespoon of peanutbutter in.

Cardio 1 hour 45 mins.

Questions? Feel free to ask.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Since I don't compete, and am not likely to do so, due to acne scaring on chest and back from my teenage years. I have the gist of cutting and getting ready for a show, but it seems there are so many approaches to the dieting and caloric restrictions. Is there a general rule of thumb outline? Also do you have a guestimate on BF% from the current pics? Lastly again along the lines of the diet, why aren't you carb cycling? Too early? Carb intake seems high to me for cutting, but that's just me. I remember Flex Wheeler saying he goes zero carb @ like 6-8weeks out and feels fine some how, while Ronnie said he tried going zero carb and felt like he was going to kill someone, lol. Just curious BTW looking great keep up the good work in for the end.

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Is there a general rule of thumb outline? Also do you have a guestimate on BF% from the current pics? Lastly again along the lines of the diet, why aren't you carb cycling? Too early?
So far as I know each person's body is different... So the Prep may be tweeked depending on how that person's body responds to things. In the limited time in the sport.. I have seen several coaches approach prep differently... Some will do limited cardio and be very strict on diet and carbs leading up to the show. Others will have more carbs in and increase cardio to get the results.

My coach is a fan of having a carb spike one day a week and then gradually decreasing carbs through the prep while increasing cardio. the spike keeps my body changing as it cannot adapt to the changes. My problem is that I used to be 320 lbs a few years ago so if I crash diet hard... my skin elasiticity issues will be bad so he is trying to gradually reduce my bf as I go. Secondly, As you can see... different people hold fat differently... Some people will get abs early but it will be the last few weeks of prep before they see any definition in thier legs. I am the opposite.. My legs already are stage ready...My torso however is the stubborn area for me. This last 6 weeks should show really good changes for me...simply because its the last bf that needs to be gone. Where is it at? not sure... I guess I could get it checked... I just never seen a judge get up on stage to do a pinch test. I will get it done a few weeks out to at least get a gauge for this log. otherwise I am just busting my a$$ to get the look I want.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
So far as I know each person's body is different... So the Prep may be tweeked depending on how that person's body responds to things. In the limited time in the sport.. I have seen several coaches approach prep differently... Some will do limited cardio and be very strict on diet and carbs leading up to the show. Others will have more carbs in and increase cardio to get the results.

My coach is a fan of having a carb spike one day a week and then gradually decreasing carbs through the prep while increasing cardio. the spike keeps my body changing as it cannot adapt to the changes. My problem is that I used to be 320 lbs a few years ago so if I crash diet hard... my skin elasiticity issues will be bad so he is trying to gradually reduce my bf as I go. Secondly, As you can see... different people hold fat differently... Some people will get abs early but it will be the last few weeks of prep before they see any definition in thier legs. I am the opposite.. My legs already are stage ready...My torso however is the stubborn area for me. This last 6 weeks should show really good changes for me...simply because its the last bf that needs to be gone. Where is it at? not sure... I guess I could get it checked... I just never seen a judge get up on stage to do a pinch test. I will get it done a few weeks out to at least get a gauge for this log. otherwise I am just busting my a$$ to get the look I want.
Thanks man, I'm the same way. I can have quad separation fairly easily, it's just getting the abs in that's a pain. Keep up the good work.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
I'm late but kill it man. I am 10 weeks out with my prep also.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lower back area is probably one of the most common areas for most men....

I know it is for myself personally....my entire back is always behind my front side......

-Matt

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Can't wait to see you on the AL...seriously...that sh1t , paired up with your training and diet is gonna get yah a first place in the contest for real.

lostsoul

Awards
I would try Genomyx Eviscerate, I been using it for about 2 weeks and notice a slight tightness around my core and love handles (lower back) burns like a mother but i like the burn...

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would try Genomyx Eviscerate, I been using it for about 2 weeks and notice a slight tightness around my core and love handles (lower back) burns like a mother but i like the burn...
I believe the new DermaTherm will conquer eviscerate since we are confident our yohimbine is fully absorbing

-Matt

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
I believe the new DermaTherm will conquer eviscerate since we are confident our yohimbine is fully absorbing

-Matt
Will be keeping my eyes open for it to test.

lostsoul

Awards

-Matt
lol thanks Matt wish i knew that before i got 2 bottles.. oh well let the burn continue...still like it!!!

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol thanks Matt wish i knew that before i got 2 bottles.. oh well let the burn continue...still like it!!!
Yea our proto type of DermaTherm that I first tried --- put some on my abs --- within 10 minutes instant surface veins and vasodilation --- very cool effect, but im sure not everyone will like it...

Of course if you are leaner it will just make cool things surface and make you more motivated haha

-Matt

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea our proto type of DermaTherm that I first tried --- put some on my abs --- within 10 minutes instant surface veins and vasodilation --- very cool effect, but im sure not everyone will like it...

Of course if you are leaner it will just make cool things surface and make you more motivated haha

-Matt
I need to convince you that you need to send me 8 weeks worth for my recomp. hint hint HINT

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Me too. To bad it might not be ready for my show.

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Update to follow...Got to get my cardio in first...

DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
5 weeks and I am seeing some good changes

Weight: 224 as of this am.. My weight did not change this week. The Body composition definitely did. Coach seemed to be very happy with my progress.. As far as the lack of drop in weight...I am still having problems being regular so maybe that has something to do with it. I am not sure.

Pics are post cheat meal. No sugars. Just Complex carbs and Proteins... SO I went to Mongolian grill.. Its a fairly clean cheat. Meat and green veggies. LOTS of it.

Libido:labido is down a bit... but we have the both of us that are 5 weeks out... NO NO .... we are not killing each other... We are managing fairly decently.

Strength: This depends on the day of week. Mondays and Tuesdays are the best.... After that is dwindles.

Joint soreness: no issues

My Diet same as last week... I did take out beef meals and will not add that in until i get to where I want to be. Chicken and fish. Thats it.

Cardio 1 hour 45 mins. Higher intensity tho.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Looking lean, good progress. I've heard fish solo help to thin out the skin, no real idea if it's true but that's what Phil tells me he does pre contest.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Getting better Chris --- keep tightening up that lower back area --- maybe even wear a waist trimmer from sports authority to keep heat in the area.

I would recommend hyper extensions every other day for 5 sets with weights and burn out sets with no weight to keep blood in that area, that is what I have my guys do.

-Matt

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
I'll go to sports authority tomorrow then.

Getting better Chris --- keep tightening up that lower back area --- maybe even wear a waist trimmer from sports authority to keep heat in the area.

I would recommend hyper extensions every other day for 5 sets with weights and burn out sets with no weight to keep blood in that area, that is what I have my guys do.

-Matt

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

-Matt
Those work?!? I always thought it was a marketing gimmick.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Those work?!? I always thought it was a marketing gimmick.

They just keep that area compressed and increases circulation a bit....of course water will get pulled out too...lets you know where your truly at without water...

-Matt

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
4 weeks and I have had a crazy week.

Since Wednesday, I have been in Hawaii and will be back in town Tuesday AM. I enjoyed lots of fish, sun, family, and even got to get some work in at the BJ Penn UFC GYM! The only downside is that I had my vehicle broken into while at the mall with close to 2100 dollars worth of stuff stolen. My workout bag, belt, straps, ipod, clothes, wifes bag with all her stuff including expensive makeup, ipod and finally my nice digital SLR camera. Bad timing... but there was nothing that can't be replaced. I am accepting donations for my theft recovery fund!.... lol

Weight: I am not sure of the weight for this week as I am still in Hawaii. I have a scale here but its never a good idea to measure weight with different scales. Secondly, as I am closer to the equator, my weight would be different anyway.

I sent progress shots on Saturday to my coach and he seemed to be pleased with the changes. I will have posing on Sunday and will film a workout thereafter so I hope to make some additional good changes by then as well. 4 weeks comes pretty quick.

My cheat meal this week was at my wife's Alumni Luau Dinner. It was her 15th HS reunion and this reunion was huge. The wonders of a Hawaiian Private HS.

Libido:no changes

Strength: same as last week.

Joint soreness: my wrist has been bothering me... not sure why.

My Diet: NO Changes yet.

Cardio: going to 2 hours.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I see huge changes @ the lower back Brock , looks like you really tightened it out more this week! Keep it up , good job!

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that man! I live right in town in hilo, couple minutes away from bj's gym. I would have helped you out anyway I could. Again, sorry, big island is not usually like that everyone is pretty nice here.

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
Thanks guys... Luckily my mother in laws homeowners insurance should be reimbursing me some of the money for the stuff that was stolen.. just waiting to find out how much.

As far as my look... still progressing... I am doing a workout with Matt Porter this weekend.. so I am looking forward to that.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys... Luckily my mother in laws homeowners insurance should be reimbursing me some of the money for the stuff that was stolen.. just waiting to find out how much.

As far as my look... still progressing... I am doing a workout with Matt Porter this weekend.. so I am looking forward to that.
Should be a sick session.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The workout was great -- Chris is on his way to being very competitive come 3 weeks.

Hopefully our film guy will release the video around Thursday this week. Chris just keep on trucking and trucking. Body Weight doesnt matter, I honestly would not even step on scale until weigh-ins!

Just keep getting diced.

-Matt

biggkarim

biggkarim

Awards
Feathered Quads!!! NIce!

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
leaning out nicely, great progress! You loose it the exact same way as me, always with the abs last and everything else lean and shredded.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
Quads already detailed, everthing else will follow, keep up the hard work!!

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
3 week out update.

Sorry for the late update guys.... Energy has been lower and with everything that happened over the weekend... I passed out before I had a chance to get something down... Either way... Promise made promise kept!

On a good note... insurance did decide to give me a settlement for all of our stolen stuff so that is going to help.

Weight:So sunday my weight was 220 tho I most likely will not be monitoring that until i get on stage. Its more about the look from here on out. These are the hell weeks as they say... Its the time where I have to push through and get it done.

As seen earlier, I had a video shoot with Primordial Performance where they also took some progress shots. My legs are right where they need to be... and my abs seem to be the last thing to go. That is not going to stop me from trying to take it down to the wire...I would really like to see a six pack.

Libido ... what libido.. we are both 2.5 weeks out... sleep is a precious commodity right now.

Strength: getting a tad weaker and joints hurt more...I really killed my legs on monday....its wednesday and I am still hurting.

Joint soreness: knees are the worst but I am having general aches and pains.... not as bad as last year but partly because I have been getting a chest cold.

My Diet: still no changes there... I keep dropping so he still has my protein at 300-350 with 100 grams of carbs. For some reason... I am craving fish... though I need more chicken to stay full... tilapia is actually tasting good.

Cardio: he said I can stick to 1:45 hours. I have done a few at 2 hours... tho right now....I am happy with just increasing the intensity a bit so I am not at the gym all night.

Other notes: this saturday I will be taking out the andro mass... I am curious what that is going to do with my look as I continue dieting down for the show. My overall experience with primordial has been extremely positive I would say... when you look at my look 16 weeks out versus now.... the change is huge... So definitely happy so far... July 7th counting down!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to see things are going good. Also, really happy insurance helped you out. Hate hearing guys get their financials turned upside down when stupid things happen.

Brock360

Brock360

Awards
1 Week 5 days.... n counting... Going to do my next update Wednesday... I am still waiting for the video from Primordial. Ill check on it tomorrow. Until then... I was finally able to get my old camera replaced so I will be taking some action shots on Wednesday. Ill have a pretty solid Chest and Shoulder workout planned so I figure that would be a good day to do it.

I also wanted to give you guys some perspective of how far I have come to reach this goal... It is true that I am new to the sport and this is only my second year competing... However most do not realize that I came from being significantly overweight... try 320lbs... 30+ % BF. This was in November 2009.

I took that picture to remind myself... how far I let myself go... so that I never allow myself to get back there. Genetics... I may not have... hard work... That I got! 12 days until Show time... Lets get it done!

~Chris

rrev3

Awards
That's great Chris! I have a "skinny" picture I keep handy! :)