Bodybuiders in the magazines. On roids?

need2grow

Awards
Parents are supose to to be responsible for the kids, you insenuating that parents are perfect is well.....foolish. The idea that certain groups of people are perfect would just the same. The way you're making it seem tho that no one else is to blame but mags and pro-bodybuilders.....dont you think there's more to it then that, c'mon now......thats like over weight people blaming mcdonalds because they're fat and didnt give them all the critical info on how they're supose to eat before they ordered their food.

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
At that level, it's hard to say it won't. However, on another level, you cannot say that they didn't follow a dream. Most people drift through life hating their job and aren't truly living. I think most people would take a fulfilling and rewarding 50-year life than a mundane and aimless 80-year life.
A dream? Lol. Most of these guys are drug addicts. How do you think some of these guys pay for their drugs? Do you really want to know?

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Parents are supose to to be responsible for the kids, you insenuating that parents are perfect is well.....foolish. The idea that certain groups of people are perfect would just the same. The way you're making it seem tho that no one else is to blame but mags and pro-bodybuilders.....dont you think there's more to it then that, c'mon now......thats like over weight people blaming mcdonalds because they're fat and didnt give them all the critical info on how they're supose to eat before they ordered their food.
I agree. People need to smarten up and take some initiative and inform themselves, especially before putting something in their body, whether it be a big mac or 400mg testosterone. You can't blame marketers for not disclosing every detail about their products. They wanna make a buck and if someone is gullible enough to buy into it, then it's on them. Supplement companies are no different. If you really wanna know if Nano Vapor will make you look like the guy in the ad, then inform yourself with advice and answers from credible sources (who will tell you hell no), don't just believe the hype. Kids are always the centerpiece for argument, whether it's movies, music, etc.. There are things kids have no business watching, listening to, or doing, and whoever is responsible for them should be responsible for creating a filter or barrier between the kid and the source.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
People have been given 100's of years to smarten up.. what have we accomplished? LOL Thanks to advances is science sure our children may be able to prolong death and live to 100 but that won't stop them from trying to die earlier!

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree. People need to smarten up and take some initiative and inform themselves, especially before putting something in their body, whether it be a big mac or 400mg testosterone. You can't blame marketers for not disclosing every detail about their products. They wanna make a buck and if someone is gullible enough to buy into it, then it's on them. Supplement companies are no different. If you really wanna know if Nano Vapor will make you look like the guy in the ad, then inform yourself with advice and answers from credible sources (who will tell you hell no), don't just believe the hype. Kids are always the centerpiece for argument, whether it's movies, music, etc.. There are things kids have no business watching, listening to, or doing, and whoever is responsible for them should be responsible for creating a filter or barrier between the kid and the source.
Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions and I respect that. Arguing about which is right is futile. However I can't get over the fact that some of you are effectively taking the position that you think it is acceptable for businesses to lie to and deceive their customers. Picture the economy in the absence of consumer protection laws:

Consumer: 'I just dropped $35k on this new car and it doesn't work.'
Carmaker: ' Oh well, sucks to be you, should have had an engineering team look it over. Next!'

If that doesn't paint a picture for you then imagine living in one of those corrupt, third world countries like Nigeria.

Anyhow we are lucky enough that most industries are kept fairly honest. However the fitness, BB, and nutrition industry is one that is constantly pushing the envelope on ethics.

One last comment; it might seem silly but think about it for a minute. You say that people need to smarten up. The problem is that there is no cure for stupidity. Some people just don't know any better, never have and never will.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
People have been given 100's of years to smarten up.. what have we accomplished? LOL Thanks to advances is science sure our children may be able to prolong death and live to 100 but that won't stop them from trying to die earlier!
It's Darwinism. Even modern medicine can't prevent people with less intelligence from killing themselves off. I can't see myself feeling sympathetic for those who don't take precautions to salvage their health, even if something dangerous is put in front of their face with no explaination of what it can do to them. But bb mags don't encourage AAS use blatantly. It's inferred by the reader that those cats are juiced and taken upon them to go find out what steroids are, how to get them, and how to use them.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
At that level, it's hard to say it won't. However, on another level, you cannot say that they didn't follow a dream. Most people drift through life hating their job and aren't truly living. I think most people would take a fulfilling and rewarding 50-year life than a mundane and aimless 80-year life.
Hell yea! Lift like a beast for your whole life and get paid to do it?? Where do I sign!? And for all of you who think "oh these pro's just take roids and get huge, anyone could do it and they're lazy." I'd just like to say they probably know more about sacrifice, dedication, and passion than you ever will. With artificial help or not.

my .02

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Hell yea! Lift like a beast for your whole life and get paid to do it?? Where do I sign!? And for all of you who think "oh these pro's just take roids and get huge, anyone could do it and they're lazy." I'd just like to say they probably know more about sacrifice, dedication, and passion than you ever will. With artificial help or not.

my .02
you might be saying this now, but when you wake up at 40 something and your health is gone to $hit..i know you would regret the overjuicing. just like rockstars whos liver/kidneys give out from partying all their life, bodybuilders probably hit a serious wall

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
you might be saying this now, but when you wake up at 40 something and your health is gone to $hit..i know you would regret the overjuicing. just like rockstars whos liver/kidneys give out from partying all their life, bodybuilders probably hit a serious wall
"Overjuicing" is the key word. The pros abuse the stuff, yes. They rely on it to keep their jobs. Sacrifice their health to impress spectators and get paid. If someone uses AAS perpetually and doesn't make a living off of it, they are a fool.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Yea I feel ya, but still... It'd be freaking schaawweeet! Though I'd probably look into the natty route and maybe live a couple more decades.

Arny seems like he's doing pretty good though, and that was back in the day when even doctors didn't really know what exactly they were doing... Just a thought...

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
"Overjuicing" is the key word. The pros abuse the stuff, yes. They rely on it to keep their jobs. Sacrifice their health to impress spectators and get paid. If someone uses AAS perpetually and doesn't make a living off of it, they are a fool.
Remember, these are the top guys who are taking enough juice to pump a bull. They are the exception not the rule. You make a valid point though, if you are pushing the limits of what the body can take in terms of foreign substances in the system and you aren't being paid for it then that's a problem.

Also, anyone who really believes that taking muscletech products will make them massive wouldn't be such a loss to the gene pool

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember, these are the top guys who are taking enough juice to pump a bull. They are the exception not the rule. You make a valid point though, if you are pushing the limits of what the body can take in terms of foreign substances in the system and you aren't being paid for it then that's a problem.

Also, anyone who really believes that taking muscletech products will make them massive wouldn't be such a loss to the gene pool
So true. Some people are incredibly naive when it comes to marketing. I love that scene in "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" where they talk about how easy it is to make an "ad."

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
So true. Some people are incredibly naive when it comes to marketing. I love that scene in "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" where they talk about how easy it is to make an "ad."
Yea with the airbushing. People look at mags and eat that s*** up.

Mindless

Awards
That's a movie everybody interested in bodybuilding should watch.

"www .youtube.com/watch?v=BfTnVCh0dKE" - Bigger Stronger Faster clip
(around 6:20 they get to the part about advertising)

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's a movie everybody interested in bodybuilding should watch.

"www .youtube.com/watch?v=BfTnVCh0dKE" - Bigger Stronger Faster clip
(around 6:20 they get to the part about advertising)
That's a great clip. Sums up everything I have been trying to say. Reps!

injectedn2me

Awards
thats what happens when you get off the juice.... i know it sucks

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Here is something about magazines. Yes they are all on juice and those workout "routines" are not ones they really do. I got this from a pro I know. If they put thier real routines in there then they would not have the percieved edge on the competition.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
thats why you have the "Pro" bodybuilding events and the "Natural" bodybuilding events...

these guys that have their pro cards, man they sacrifice so much and work so damn hard... the only possible way to get that big AND shredded is to run cycles of you-name-it... but i'd venture to guess most of them run them as safe as possible and dont "abuse" them for the most part... i hope :sorry:

i'm not condoning the use of steroids, and i would never touch the stuff, but i commend these guys on their drive and work ethic to get where they are.
I don't think so. Most of the guys I know who compete seriously are on year round.

Illilian

Illilian

Awards
I read this article way back when about Matarazzo and i was astonished. I mean, i knew what all was going on in the world of bodybuilding.. but he paints a grotesque picture.

findarticles . com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_5_23/ai_n14706837/

here's an little bit:

"Worst were the chemicals. I have so many memories of being alone in a hotel room the week, five days or two days before a contest, and doing unspeakable things to my body--steroids, growth hormones, diuretics--anything and everything that we as bodybuilders do to achieve a certain look."

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Matarazzo is a sick man these days too because of it. He has had open heart surgery and had another whopping MI (myocardial infarction=heart attack) a few years later. He now trys to teach people to drop the vanity and worry about total body health and not just get huge at all costs.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
lol he says at one point he was eating 5-7 pounds of red meat a day, with no vegetables. you can tell he was on all sorts of chemicals, the physique just doesnt look normal. not that any BB's body is normal looking but his is just super dense and extra wide lol

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
steroids are a tool, they still have to train and diet their asses off to look like that...but yes 20 inch arms = steroids haha