BLR Quest to Greatness!

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
worked out with a buddy yesterday morning doing back/calves. it's nice to have someone there for accountability to push me hard.
wide grip pull-ups 4 sets of 8 could really feel it in the back muscles great mind muscle connection
t-bar rows with wide grip handles 75lbs x 12, 75lbs x 12, 75lbs x 10, 75lbs x 8
cable face pulls with rope attachment 4 sets at 42.5lbs. Really happy with using the rope which let me have more mobility and get a better contraction overall
cable rows 7 sets at 100lbs 8-12 reps with 30 sec rest
seated calf raise 4 sets at 110lbs at 8 reps each
seated calf raise 4 sets at 70lbs doing the dorsal flexion I think where you put the balls of your feet and pull your toes up instead.
7 sets of 8 reps with 100lbs of donkey calf raise with 30 sec rest

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Worked shoulders/biceps yesterday
Military press 120lbs x 8, 120lbs x 8, 120lbs x 8
Hammer strength iso lateral shoulder press 100lbs x 12, 105lbs x 12, 110lbs x 11
Plate front raise 45lbs x 8, 35lbs x 10, 35lbs x 10
Machine lateral raise 7 sets at level 7 with 12 reps each with 30 sec rest
Ez bar curl wide grip 80lbs x 11, 80lbs x 9, 80lbs x 8
Single arm cable curl with rope extension 95lbs x 8, 80lbs x 10, 80lbs x 8, 65lbs x 12
Machine biceps curl with single arm handles level 5, 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 30 sec rest

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Today was off day just took it easy and relaxed all day with family and then friends later. Starting to feel a little worn down like I'm constantly tired and appetite has gone down, could be school just started or I was thinking maybe it is my body is trying to tell me that its time for a deload week? i have been lifting super hard the last 6 weeks or so. Any suggestions welcomed

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Today was off day just took it easy and relaxed all day with family and then friends later. Starting to feel a little worn down like I'm constantly tired and appetite has gone down, could be school just started or I was thinking maybe it is my body is trying to tell me that its time for a deload week? i have been lifting super hard the last 6 weeks or so. Any suggestions welcomed
No Deload, just take a break until you feel replenished

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
got some cardio in today, played soccer in the pouring rain for like an hour.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No Deload, just take a break until you feel replenished
Ya know I took a deload after a continuous 8 weeks of Folli and MAN! I tell you it really does give the body something to adjust to. I bumped up my calories a bit, played Bb, went fishing, biking, and enjoyed the people around me and have been having the best workout all over agian. I can say Folli WILL take alot out of you but if your body needs a break, give it one. Several have and I haven't seen where one person lost stride, only helped pick up pace.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Ya know I took a deload after a continuous 8 weeks of Folli and MAN! I tell you it really does give the body something to adjust to. I bumped up my calories a bit, played Bb, went fishing, biking, and enjoyed the people around me and have been having the best workout all over agian. I can say Folli WILL take alot out of you but if your body needs a break, give it one. Several have and I haven't seen where one person lost stride, only helped pick up pace.
Agree with this, I've taken 5 days off now, back in the gym today, and I'm looking forward to hulk smashing everything!

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
my third day off already and my body is starting to feel better in terms of energy and overall well-being like not so worn down lol and its nice to just relax and enjoy life and family and friends a bit.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
took a little break from the gym to let my body get some much need rest for 5 days and couldn't wait to get back to the gym today, took my follidrone again pre workout.
Arms today PR's in bold
db overhead extension 80lbs x 12, 80lbs x 10, 80lbs x 8
machine dips sets of 12 reps, level 10, 9, 9, 9
7 sets of 8-12 reps of cable triceps pushdown with 120lbs with 30 sec rest
Biceps preacher curl with EZ bar 90lbs x 9, 90lbs x 8, 90lbs x 8
alt db curl 40lbs x 9, 35lbs x 10, 30lbs x 10 really focused on stretching the biceps
biceps cable curl with 125lbs for 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 30 sec rest
Body feels better after taking a little break and feeling fresh and arms super pumped after workout

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
did legs yesterday, but it was at another gym that my wife goes to, 10gym. So many people so I didn't get to do squats or deadliest but still got some good work in on other exercises.
Leg press 5 45lb plates on each side 4 sets of 10
machine Leg curl 3 sets of 12 at 120lbs
hack squat 3 sets of 10 reps at 180lbs
machine leg extensions 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 110lbs.
Standing calf press 3 sets of 10 with 180lbs
machine seated calf raise 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 110lbs

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
chest/triceps day
PR's in bold
db incline bench 80lbs x 8, 75lbs x 8, 75lbs x 8. Never done 80lbs on db before so pretty stoked.
hammer strength alternating flat bench 90lbs x 12, 110lbs x 11, 130lbs x 10
chest machine flys 7 sets of 10 at 70lbs with 30 sec rest
Close grip bench 155lbs x 7, 145lbs x 8, 135lbs x 8
revers grip tricep cable pushdowns 80lbs x 12, 95lbs x 10, 95lbs x 10
overhead cable extensions 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 80lbs with 30 sec rest
shoulder bothered me a little but pushed through it feeling nice and fresh and very strong compared to when I started.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Back/calves:
Wide grip pullups 3 sets of 8
close grip t bar rows 180lbs x 10, 200lbs x 10, 220lbs x 10

cable face pulls 35lbs x 12, 42.5lbs x 10, 42.5lbs x 10
7 sets of 8-12 reps at 85lbs with 30 sec rest
seated calf press 4 sets of 8 reps with 115lbs
reverse seated calf press 3 sets of 10 reps with 70lbs
7 sets of 8-12 reps with 100lbs donkey calf press with 30 sec rest

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
shoulders/biceps
military press 125lbs x 9, 125lbs x 8, 125lbs x 8
iso lateral hammer strength shoulder press 115lbs x 12, 120lbs x 10, 120lbs x 10
plate front raise 45lbs x 9, 35lbs x 10, 35lbs x 10
machine lateral raise 7 sets of 10-12 reps with 30 sec rest on level 7
Biceps curl with ez bar (wide grip) 90lbs x 11, 90lbs x 8, 90lbs x 8.
single arm cable hammer curl 80lbs x 12, 80lbs x 10, 80lbs x 10, 65lbs x 12
machine single arm cable curl 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 30 sec rest level 5
Its kinda weird that working out with folli I am used to the extra endurance and strength I almost kind of forget about it now lol I'm sure I will miss it greatly when I come off (whenever that may be haha)

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
shoulders/biceps
military press 125lbs x 9, 125lbs x 8, 125lbs x 8
iso lateral hammer strength shoulder press 115lbs x 12, 120lbs x 10, 120lbs x 10
plate front raise 45lbs x 9, 35lbs x 10, 35lbs x 10
machine lateral raise 7 sets of 10-12 reps with 30 sec rest on level 7
Biceps curl with ez bar (wide grip) 90lbs x 11, 90lbs x 8, 90lbs x 8.
single arm cable hammer curl 80lbs x 12, 80lbs x 10, 80lbs x 10, 65lbs x 12
machine single arm cable curl 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 30 sec rest level 5
Its kinda weird that working out with folli I am used to the extra endurance and strength I almost kind of forget about it now lol I'm sure I will miss it greatly when I come off (whenever that may be haha)
Folli is the longest sup Ive used in consistency EVER! Same sup, same brand, hell same time of DAY lol

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Folli is the longest sup Ive used in consistency EVER! Same sup, same brand, hell same time of DAY lol
besides creatine (which I don't think I even responded to) I would say the same, except I workout different times during the day due to work/school haha
I think consistency is the most important thing in bodybuilding in that training, diet, and rest must be mainstays of this way of transforming our bodies

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
besides creatine (which I don't think I even responded to) I would say the same, except I workout different times during the day due to work/school haha I think consistency is the most important thing in bodybuilding in that training, diet, and rest must be mainstays of this way of transforming our bodies
What makes you think you didnt respond to creatine!

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Arm workout yesterday bis and tris
PRs in bold
Triceps db overhead extension 85lbs x 11, 85lbs x 8, 80lbs x 8. I continue to be impressed by lifting more and more on this particular exercise I am always trying to beat my previous best on my last workout in my logbook
triceps machine dips level 10 x 13, 10 x 12, 10 x 12, 10 x 10
triceps cable pushdowns 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 120lbs with 30 sec rest
biceps preacher curl with EZ bar 90lbs x 10, 90lbs x 8, 90lbs x 8
alt db curl 40lbs x 8, 35lbs x 8, 30lbs x 8, 25lbs x 8 (really focused on eccentric portion of lift)
cable curl 7 sets of 8-12 reps at 120lbs with 30 sec rest.
arms looking a little bit bigger in the mirror. setting more PRs every workout sucks the comp will be ending soon.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
What makes you think you didnt respond to creatine!
just didn't seem to put on any weight or notice any endurance/strength effect, seemed to give me the squirts more often than not and I always tried to drink a ton of water too. tried preloading method and the 5g a day but nothing. I have only tried creatine monohydrate so I can't attest to other forms, but I know its unusual to not respond to it.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
played some flag football with some guys from my college and I think I might have pulled my hamstring. I can walk/slow run but it hurts to go full speed, anyone have any advice? just rest ice it and take some ibuprofen?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
just didn't seem to put on any weight or notice any endurance/strength effect, seemed to give me the squirts more often than not and I always tried to drink a ton of water too. tried preloading method and the 5g a day but nothing. I have only tried creatine monohydrate so I can't attest to other forms, but I know its unusual to not respond to it.
Creatine is something that your not going to feel! Its just like multi; you dont feel a multi!

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is something that your not going to feel! Its just like multi; you dont feel a multi!
yeah i know, just like follidrone, but I could not see any physiological differences in my body or performance in the gym. With follidrone, I can actually see my progress in the gym with lifting heavier weights and I am able to go much longer and experience much less fatigue in my workouts so I know it is having an effect on me.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
played some flag football with some guys from my college and I think I might have pulled my hamstring. I can walk/slow run but it hurts to go full speed, anyone have any advice? just rest ice it and take some ibuprofen?
All things you mentioned and try Ace wrapping It before strenuous activity. It won't need a ton of rest depending on the grade of strain but it can easily stay irritated and weak if you don't allow the healing process to do its job.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
All things you mentioned and try Ace wrapping It before strenuous activity. It won't need a ton of rest depending on the grade of strain but it can easily stay irritated and weak if you don't allow the healing process to do its job.
will try the Ace wrapping thanks man!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Keep it up big guy, loving the results in here!

Been pretty ill the last couple of weeks so haven't been keeping on top of the gym like I should.

Gf goes away on the 20th so going to run formeron at 2 pumps for a week then and see what its like :)

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Mate, I made the ultimate breakfast smoothie.

1 scoop PES milk chocolate
1 scoop instant oats
1 tea spoon honey
1 table spoon peanut butter
1 banana
1 handful of blueberries
250ml full fat milk
150ml water

its just incredible

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Keep it up big guy, loving the results in here!

Been pretty ill the last couple of weeks so haven't been keeping on top of the gym like I should.

Gf goes away on the 20th so going to run formeron at 2 pumps for a week then and see what its like :)
Sickness sucks big time hope you get to feeling better bro!
Mate, I made the ultimate breakfast smoothie.

1 scoop PES milk chocolate
1 scoop instant oats
1 tea spoon honey
1 table spoon peanut butter
1 banana
1 handful of blueberries
250ml full fat milk
150ml water

its just incredible
that sounds pretty incredible, for some reason I am always a little nauseas in the mornings so it is hard to eat a big meal unfortunately.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
I've been giving the legs a break for several days now since I pulled my hammy and I wanted to let it rest some.
I did do chest/tris today though. Tried to get the 85lb dbs on incline bench but only got 6 reps, but still got me more comfortable lifting that heavy of weight for me.
Incline db bench 85lbs x 6, 80lbs x 8, 75lbs x 8.
Machine flat chest press level 10 x 10, 10 x 10, 10 x 10
Machine flyes level 6, 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 30 sec rest
So I go to the only open bench press ( there was no towel/bottle/logbook or anything to indicate someone was using it) to only get ready to lift and this guy comes back and says I'm still using it lol like at least mark your territory with something. anyways I did close grip bench not the decline bench which seemed to work pretty good too so it all worked out.
decline close grip bench 135 x 10, 145lbs x 10, 145lbs x 10
reverse grip triceps cable pushdowns single arm with 95lbs x 10, 95lbs x10, 95lbs x 10
cable overhead extensions with rope attachment 65lbs for 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 30 sec rest ( I always pull the rope apart at the end of the extension)
Got a good workout and headed to class.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
stressful day today with big exam than lab but rest of day went well played some intramural football and then had a great workout.
I really do think lifting/exercise is the best way to relieve stress. It really takes your mind of your problems when you are pushing yourself to your limits.
Back/calves PRs in bold
WIde grip pull-ups 3 sets of 8 reps bodyweight
Close grip t-bar rows hammer strength 230lbs x 10, 240lbs x 10, 250lbs x 9
cable face pulls 3 sets of 42.5lbs x 10
cable low rows with medium grip 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 85lbs with 30sec rest.
seated calf press 120lbs x 10, 120lbs x 10, 120lbs x 9, 120lbs x 9
reverse dorsi flexion on seated calf press 50lbs x 12, 50lbs x 10, 50lbs x 10
donkey calf press 7 sets of 8-12 reps with 100lbs with 30 sec rest

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
on another note my brother's follidrone and former on arrived a few days ago and he has been very impressed so far. He said he experienced the endurance effects the very first day (where it took me a week). He said his cardio on the treadmill felt effortless like he could go forever. He has gained like 5lbs already but he did just come off a cut.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for not updating, been pretty overwhelmed with exams and work. Still chugging along though and ready to post my final pics come sunday.
Not gonna list my workouts for this week but will list some PRs from different workouts.
Db overhead extension 90lbs x 10. very heavy weight for me, and surprised myself, very happy.
ez bar curl 100lbs x 8 (wide grip) had to cheat a bit on last rep but got it done.
close grip t-bar rows 260lbs x 10.
Hamstring still bothering me so leg workouts have been lightweight.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for not updating, been pretty overwhelmed with exams and work. Still chugging along though and ready to post my final pics come sunday.
Not gonna list my workouts for this week but will list some PRs from different workouts.
Db overhead extension 90lbs x 10. very heavy weight for me, and surprised myself, very happy.
ez bar curl 100lbs x 8 (wide grip) had to cheat a bit on last rep but got it done.
close grip t-bar rows 260lbs x 10.
Hamstring still bothering me so leg workouts have been lightweight.
Hows school treating ya?

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Hows school treating ya?
A little adjustment from undergrad, but I'm starting to like it, just a lot of studying and class though... but campus gym is amazing and close so a great way to relieve stress!

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Bis/shoulders
Military press 135lbs x 7, 115lbs x 9, 115lbs x 8
Alt iso lateral shoulder press 140lbs x 8, 130lbs x 10, 120lbs x 12
front plate raise 45lbs x 8, 35lbs x 10, 35lbs x 10
7 sets of 8-12 reps lateral raise 50lbs with 30 sec rest
ez bar curls 100lbs x 9, 90lbs x 8, 90lbs x 8
single arm cable curl with top attachment 85lbs x8, 65lbs x 10, 65lbs x 10
7 sets of 8-12 reps machine cable curl single arm level 6 with 30 sec rest
Sad to be ending my folli run soon, but I know folli will always be a staple in my routines to help me break plateaus!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bis/shoulders
Military press 135lbs x 7, 115lbs x 9, 115lbs x 8
Alt iso lateral shoulder press 140lbs x 8, 130lbs x 10, 120lbs x 12
front plate raise 45lbs x 8, 35lbs x 10, 35lbs x 10
7 sets of 8-12 reps lateral raise 50lbs with 30 sec rest
ez bar curls 100lbs x 9, 90lbs x 8, 90lbs x 8
single arm cable curl with top attachment 85lbs x8, 65lbs x 10, 65lbs x 10
7 sets of 8-12 reps machine cable curl single arm level 6 with 30 sec rest
Sad to be ending my folli run soon, but I know folli will always be a staple in my routines to help me break plateaus!
Awesome to know man, even towards the end you were still hitting PRs and that's great. It will be a staple of mine I know and glad im not the only one to think so.

TOMMY GUNS1

Awards
Congrats on the strength gains. What was the overall weight gain? Did you take any before & after measurements?

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man! And I gained around 15 lbs (I was bulking though). Did not take any measurements but took before and after photos which I think are a better indication of progress and I gained some strength as well

TOMMY GUNS1

Awards
15lbs. is amazing. That coupled with the increased endurance is enough to make me pull the trigger. Thanks for the log, man. Good job!

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
You definitely won't be disappointed. Remember to keep diet strict, train hard (higher rep schemes work better with folli imo), and get lots of rest. It won't do work for you but it will greatly enhance your results good luck man!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 5
ZachH Supplements 6
Supplement Logs 100
Supplements 6
Supplements 5