Blood Urea Nitrogen Levels??

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
I just got my blood tests back, I'm planning on starting my first cycle in a couple weeks. I haven't gotten my testosterone or estradiol results yet because they had to send those in somewhere else. But what I'm wondering about is my blood urea nitrogen levels- they're at 35 and the normal range is 7-20.

My creatinine levels were at the high end of normal at 1.3. My cholesterol was low and everything else looked fine except my sodium was a bit low.

I'm 6'3, 210 lbs and consuming around 400 grams of protein and 8g of creatine a day. High-protein diets, according to my research, can raise BUN levels.

I'm a little worried. What can I do to lower my BUN levels besides drink more water, and is it still safe to cycle? I was gonna run Test E @ 500 for 12 weeks. All my cycle supports and PCT are on-hand. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this!

healthfanatic

healthfanatic

Awards
That's crazy, I literally got the same results with my last bloodwork. I did read that high bun is not that uncommon and is a result of high protein diets. I'm just drinking more water and taking time off supps to take some pressure off my kidneys. That's all the help I got haha anyone else?

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
My BUN's always been 20-25 which is a bit above normal. Here and there 27& once at 30 but my Dr chalked it up to dehydration and a high protein diet. My guess would be dehydration but I'm no Dr lol. Was there protein in your blood or urinalysis?

Hopefully Mr Cooper 69 can chime in

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
Thanks for the replies, guys. Dehydration would make sense as the main problem, I haven't been drinking nearly enough water for how much protein I'm consuming. I drink like 3 shakes a day because I work 10 hours most days and I know powders are even harder for kidneys to break down. I'm carrying a gallon of water with me now haha hopefully that will make a difference. Should I stop taking creatine mono?

And does anyone know if it's unsafe to cycle with high BUN levels? Like I said I already have everything but the Test purchased and on hand so it'd be a waste to not go through with it.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've had BUN in high 20s to low 30s for about 6-7 years now... I can't tell u why, or how to lower it lol.. I'm not dying, but I don't ever feel "awesome" idk man, interested to see some more informed responses

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
Do you have any noticeable side effects? I mean I've felt fine...didn't know anything was wrong until I got my labs. Would like to lower it for peace of mind haha don't really feel like having kidney failure at 22 years old.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have any noticeable side effects? I mean I've felt fine...didn't know anything was wrong until I got my labs. Would like to lower it for peace of mind haha don't really feel like having kidney failure at 22 years old.
U won't. I'm 26. Had it high since I was 17

No effects. I piss a lot. I also drink a gallon a day more or less and have 150-200g protein a day (at 165 lbs) it is what it is

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
U won't. I'm 26. Had it high since I was 17

No effects. I piss a lot. I also drink a gallon a day more or less and have 150-200g protein a day (at 165 lbs) it is what it is
You piss a lot from just drinking lots of water right? Shyt I do the same thing and I'm 165

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You piss a lot from just drinking lots of water right? Shyt I do the same thing and I'm 165
Yea and obviously if I use a supp with herbal diuretics... Or EC stack.. Etc.

Again, no health issues that I'm aware of, but I'm not a doctor. Long term effects? I don't know. I also have a history of renal issues where my kidneys did not concentrate urine. This was due to anorexia at age 16-17. My kidneys were able to recover with proper nutrition and rest.

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
Well I appreciate the input bro. I was probably only drinking like 40 ounces of water in a day before I got these labs. Terrible, I know, especially when I'm so strict about everything else diet-wise. But I've been filling a gallon every morning and trying to finish it by the end of the day now.

Anyway, glad to know it's nothing too terrible. I have a follow-up with my doc tomorrow about it so I'll post whatever she has to say in case you're interested.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I appreciate the input bro. I was probably only drinking like 40 ounces of water in a day before I got these labs. Terrible, I know, especially when I'm so strict about everything else diet-wise. But I've been filling a gallon every morning and trying to finish it by the end of the day now.

Anyway, glad to know it's nothing too terrible. I have a follow-up with my doc tomorrow about it so I'll post whatever she has to say in case you're interested.
Cool lmk for sure. Be careful not to drink too much water at once.. Like no more than 12-16 ounces an hour

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
Why's that? I've been drinking a sh** ton lately haha.

Anyway I saw my doc today- she said she's not that worried and she said to hydrate and then we'll take more labs next month. She said it wasn't that uncommon for how much protein I'm consuming and not drinking enough.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why's that? I've been drinking a sh** ton lately haha.

Anyway I saw my doc today- she said she's not that worried and she said to hydrate and then we'll take more labs next month. She said it wasn't that uncommon for how much protein I'm consuming and not drinking enough.
Just will overwork your kidneys all at once

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow had no idea water could do that
I'm not a doctor lol. All I know Is when I drank like 20-40 ounces an hour for a handful of days, it led to my kidneys losing the ability to concentrate the urine. So I ended up pissing out tons of vitamins minerals and electrolytes... Ended up in ER with dehydration from OVER hydrating.

Old adage- everything in moderation. A safe pace with a gallon a day is ok, just don't chug half a gallon in 5 minutes lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Moderation is always key

When my kidneys were still not fully functioning i bounced between dehydration and hyper-hydration (and accompanying edema)