Blasting while on TRT

lboston

lboston

Awards
Are you using Erase at 1 cap twice a day? I'll probably do 2 caps twice a day
As of this weekend, I am doing 2 in the AM, 1 in the PM. Thinking about bumping it up to 2 AM and then 2 PM.

I think that'd be good.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
At what point during the blast should I get my blood levels tested? Around week 5?

lboston

lboston

Awards
At what point during the blast should I get my blood levels tested? Around week 5?
I think that'd be good. I did it at 2 and wish I would've waited a bit. Now, I'm going to wait 3-4 weeks and get it done again.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any bloating? I'm going to start a 10 week blast of 500mg/week soon, I wonder if 2 caps per day of Erase would keep e2 in check? I don't want to start a blast like this unless I'm for sure going to gain around 15-20lbs of muscle. My goal is 245lbs @ 8% bf. I've got research anastrozole for my lab rats, not sure how good it is though. Should I avoid any alcohol while blasting? Is wine ok once in a while? Plus a few shots on the weekend? I wanna make this blast count, and not waste it. I plan on only eating good foods, but not planning certain meals/times to eat them. Just gonna pound the healthy food whenever I see it. Around 5k calories, 250g protein, good fats, good carbs, nothing processed (besides jelly on bagels pre-workout). Anything else I should add?

250mg test-e 2x week for 10 weeks
2 caps Erase every day
Black lace Victoria's Secret fashion bra D cup just in case

ALSO, should I add some Androgel 1.62% every day for good measure? I've got it just sitting here, might as well get some use out of it. Maybe keep DHT levels up.
What is your routine going to look like? I'm on a bulk right now at around 5k calories (40/40/20 fat, protein, carb). I gain and drop weight like nothing, so I've gone from 200-202 to 210 in the last 5 weeks. Strength is through the roof, but I am having trouble keeping cardio up. I train MMA 6 hours a week and I can feel it during sparing.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What is your routine going to look like? I'm on a bulk right now at around 5k calories (40/40/20 fat, protein, carb). I gain and drop weight like nothing, so I've gone from 200-202 to 210 in the last 5 weeks. Strength is through the roof, but I am having trouble keeping cardio up. I train MMA 6 hours a week and I can feel it during sparing.
Probably just eat everything in front of me. I stay lean no matter what I eat, so I'll try to get around 250g protein and 5k calories. I rarely do cardio, I get pretty intense with my lifting so my heart rate is pretty consistent for 45 min - 1 hour. Think cardio would help while blasting? I'm 6'5" 225lbs and would like to be around 250lbs in 3-4 months. I'll definitely need to up my food intake.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Probably just eat everything in front of me. I stay lean no matter what I eat, so I'll try to get around 250g protein and 5k calories. I rarely do cardio, I get pretty intense with my lifting so my heart rate is pretty consistent for 45 min - 1 hour. Think cardio would help while blasting? I'm 6'5" 225lbs and would like to be around 250lbs in 3-4 months. I'll definitely need to up my food intake.
Man, I just can't force myself to eat. I hate that. Don't get me wrong, I eat until full, but I don't gorge myself. Being short, I bloat up quick if I eat the wrong things. Hoping that wont hinder my gains on this little blast-o-Rama.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't want to state what you are already suspecting, but not upping your calories is definitely going to hamper your gains. Yeah, you'll make some, but you aren't going to get what you could out of this. Make some high calorie shakes and you can add 2k+ to your normal diet pretty easy. Another trick is to add olive oil to any carb meal.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I don't want to state what you are already suspecting, but not upping your calories is definitely going to hamper your gains. Yeah, you'll make some, but you aren't going to get what you could out of this. Make some high calorie shakes and you can add 2k+ to your normal diet pretty easy. Another trick is to add olive oil to any carb meal.
That's what I'll probably do, make some high calorie shakes. I can't gorge myself on food either, unless maybe I can buy a legit appetite stimulant somewhere? What is the olive oil trick? To get enough good fats?

Once I gain 15-20lbs (hopefully) of extra muscle off this blast, I'll have to continue pigging out to keep it right? Or can I relax a bit on the mega calories when the blast is over?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can taper to a maintenance level unless anything else changes with your routine to a certain degree. You will lose some weight, but being on TRT gives you the advantage in that you'll be dropping test levels back to high normal and not low normal. So, you aren't going to have to battle that.

Think of it like any sport that requires or recommends that you gain or lose what your body normally wants to. You have to eat and workout to maintain those levels because your body isn't built to normally be like that. If you gain 20lbs of muscle, your body is going to need to fuel that to keep it. It goes hand in hand though. You aren't used to needing all those extra calories because you aren't trying to maintain all that extra muscle and weight right now. Once that starts to happen, your body will start to adapt and want to eat more. That's what happens to so many athletes that just stop working out like they are used to and don't adjust their diets. They get flabby and fat.

As far as olive oil, there is no trick. It is just a great source of nice fats and calories. You need carbs to gain weight and keep energy levels up, but not too much. I love olive oil and would put it on pasta with my choice of sauce, use when boiling water, anywhere that butter was called for, on pizza crust, etc...

lboston

lboston

Awards
I definitely know it'll keep gains from what they could be. Really looking for more of a recomp than all out mass.
Never thought about the olive oil thing. You just add it to the noodles, etc?
I'm going to start eating a thick pb&honey sandwich with a nightly shake and see how that does for a few days. I'll up it from there if need be.
I teach elementary school, so I rarely have time to stop and eat--other than the 20 minutes I get at lunch and a Greek yogurt during reading class.
Thanks for the suggestions.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ideas:
-lots of PB and honey sandwiches
-greek yogurts
-get some cheese blocks and slice them up, some low sodium turkey/chicken (Boarshead) and throw it in tupperwear for quick snacking
-chicken breasts in a crock pot with salsa and then you can throw this in with some brown rice/green chiles, etc.., make tacos, mix with eggs..
-mix up a big batch of breakfast burritos and just freeze them or fridge them
-shakes (milk, protein, pb, ovaltine, greek yogurt or milk, protein, greek yogurts, egg whites, lots of fruits) are both great
etc...

There are lots of ways to eat in a short amount of time with a little preparation.

lboston

lboston

Awards
What do you gents think regarding cardio? Keep it to a minimum or do it a couple times per week?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Will this 500mg/week of test-e kill my sex drive and erections as long as I manage e2 levels?

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Will this 500mg/week of test-e kill my sex drive and erections as long as I manage e2 levels?
It's a good question. For me, I had a higher sex drive and harder erections @120/wk TRT (no AI) then I do @500 this blast (exemestane 12.5 eod)
I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll still hit it and get it up fine, but my sex drive before the blast was almost out of control

lboston

lboston

Awards
It's a good question. For me, I had a higher sex drive and harder erections @120/wk TRT (no AI) then I do @500 this blast (exemestane 12.5 eod)
I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll still hit it and get it up fine, but my sex drive before the blast was almost out of control
I do agree with threeFs. Seems like my drive was for on 100mg/ week, no AI. However, like I said, I still get it up, just not as much so at the drop of some panties like it was.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Had good workouts the past two days. Energy was a bit lacking, but work has been wearing me out!

Weight still the same. No "gains" to report in the weight department.

Not feeling well at all today. Think one of these kids at work may have given me some of their germs! Was going to lift today, but I took it off. Hoping to get a good rest tonight and hit legs hard tomorrow.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Ideas:
-lots of PB and honey sandwiches
-greek yogurts
-get some cheese blocks and slice them up, some low sodium turkey/chicken (Boarshead) and throw it in tupperwear for quick snacking
-chicken breasts in a crock pot with salsa and then you can throw this in with some brown rice/green chiles, etc.., make tacos, mix with eggs..
-mix up a big batch of breakfast burritos and just freeze them or fridge them
-shakes (milk, protein, pb, ovaltine, greek yogurt or milk, protein, greek yogurts, egg whites, lots of fruits) are both great
etc...

There are lots of ways to eat in a short amount of time with a little preparation.
Thanks for all these great suggestions. I'll be adjusting the grocery list according. I've ate a ton today. Seems like the appetite is starting to rev up a bit. Need to keep it clean though. Ate almost a whole king size Hershey's bar last night.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Had good workouts the past two days. Energy was a bit lacking, but work has been wearing me out!

Weight still the same. No "gains" to report in the weight department.

Not feeling well at all today. Think one of these kids at work may have given me some of their germs! Was going to lift today, but I took it off. Hoping to get a good rest tonight and hit legs hard tomorrow.
That has me wondering, what do you do if you get really sick for a week? Just keep blasting and stay home to rest?

lboston

lboston

Awards
That has me wondering, what do you do if you get really sick for a week? Just keep blasting and stay home to rest?
That's what I assume. Higher test levels sometimes lead to faster healing, so I guess it would only help?

lboston

lboston

Awards
Still feeling a little ill today. Been eating a ton though, so that's good. Hoping to make it to the gym after work. Not sure if I should rest or train legs...

I've been real flushed and renin the face the past two days. Had a nurse a work check blood pressure...all was well there. Not sure what's up with that.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Decided on going to the gym, even though not a 100 percent, and ended up having one of the best leg workouts I've had in quite sometime.

Amazing how that can sometimes work...feel like I need a nap now though!

Lost another 2 lbs on the scale, but I look and feel bigger...

lboston

lboston

Awards
Hoping to get in the gym tomorrow morning and do an "extra" workout. I've been very irritable lately and feel like I need to blow off some steam!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to start fighting. I tell you man, there is nothing like a good sparring match or a lot of bag work to feel like a new person.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Week #4 as of Sunday. I believe this test is starting to kick in. I felt unstoppable in the gym on Sunday, doing my push day. 55lb weighted dips have never felt so easy.

Not just that, but I felt like I was the biggest mo fo in the joint...yet I'm only 5'6 ; )

Yesterday I did my pull day and it went well also. Not as good as it could've been, as I think I have a sinus infection or cold, but pumps were intense.

I'm up about 5 pounds from the low I hit last week of 179. However, I look better than ever and my pants are getting bigger, while my shoulders looking wider, so I'll gladly take it.

Still taking erase as an AI at either 3 or 4 caps per day, depending how I feel. No itchy nips, etc. joints ate popping from time to time.

Sex drive isn't exactly where I thought it might be, but I have two kids under 2, and my sleep isn't the best it could be. So, not too surprised on that.

Going to train legs today, after work.

lboston

lboston

Awards
I should also mention...I decided to switch from full body routines to a push, pull, legs routine.

lboston

lboston

Awards
How's the blast going?
Good man. Seem to just now be putting on some mass. Weight has gone up a couple pounds this week. I can see a slight change in the mirror.
No significant strength increases to report as of yet.
Still using Erase as an AI. Was using 4 per day, but decreased to three as libido is not very present.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Awesome! Blast is going well over here too, putting on mass faster than I ever have (working out harder and eating more calories than I ever have too. I'm doing 250mg twice a week with no AI, and have no side effects so far. I have popped an Erase here and there, but it just makes my joints hurt. Sex drive is great, strength is starting to go up, mood is OUTSTANDING. My goal of 20-25lbs in 11 weeks is definitely going to be attainable. Tomorrow marks my second week, I'm excited!

lboston

lboston

Awards
Awesome! Blast is going well over here too, putting on mass faster than I ever have (working out harder and eating more calories than I ever have too. I'm doing 250mg twice a week with no AI, and have no side effects so far. I have popped an Erase here and there, but it just makes my joints hurt. Sex drive is great, strength is starting to go up, mood is OUTSTANDING. My goal of 20-25lbs in 11 weeks is definitely going to be attainable. Tomorrow marks my second week, I'm excited!
Nice man. Have you gained many pounds yet?
I know I'd have better gains if I cut back on the erase, but I'm too afraid of gyno!

Saw somewhere else you mentioned shortness of breath. Is that still going on for you?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
The shortness of breath happened in the beginning and it went away pretty quick, maybe my body just adjusting to the higher dose? I'm up 17lbs so far, not feeling bloated either. Looking forward to week # 4 since most say that's when it really kicks in.

lboston

lboston

Awards
The shortness of breath happened in the beginning and it went away pretty quick, maybe my body just adjusting to the higher dose? I'm up 17lbs so far, not feeling bloated either. Looking forward to week # 4 since most say that's when it really kicks in.
What!? 17 pounds? What the hell am I doing wrong? Lol. I'm not up much at all and I'm in week 5!

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What!? 17 pounds? What the hell am I doing wrong? Lol. I'm not up much at all and I'm in week 5!
Are you getting enough calories, fats, and protein? I'm also using 100mg more than you per week, you might wanna bump it up to 250mg twice a week.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Are you getting enough calories, fats, and protein? I'm also using 100mg more than you per week, you might wanna bump it up to 250mg twice a week.
I don't have it to bump, or I certainly would! In have enough vials for the 12 weeks at 400mgs.

corvettels3

Awards
I'm currently on week 8 of my blast

Wk 1-4 test 500mg/wk , dbol - 25mg day
Wk 5-12 test 500mg/wk , var - 20mg/day

My starting weight was 203. As of last Sunday it was 215. I was at 217 the week before, but than I had to add some stane @ 12.5mg eod. During weeks 4-6 I started to noticed that I was not getting my morning wood and I had weak erections. I got tested at week 7 and found out my e2 was 102. Good luck guys.. Keep the updates.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards

My starting weight was 203. As of last Sunday it was 215. I was at 217 the week before, but than I had to add some stane @ 12.5mg eod. During weeks 4-6 I started to noticed that I was not getting my morning wood and I had weak erections. I got tested at week 7 and found out my e2 was 102. Good luck guys.. Keep the updates.
How do you like dbol? I've heard you get a big strength increase on it.

lboston

lboston

Awards

So high e2 can equal weak erections, but low will as well, correct?

corvettels3

Awards
How do you like dbol? I've heard you get a big strength increase on it.
My strength did go up. Could have been the dbol or extra test. What I do like about dbol is that it gives your that full thick feeling. I'm sure it's just extra water in the muscles, but hey it feels good.

corvettels3

Awards
So high e2 can equal weak erections, but low will as well, correct?
Low e2 = erections forget about it.
high = weak or hard for a few minutes then you're back to a noodle..

I crashed my e2 last year and let me tell I would rather have high e2 than low. Anxiety, panic attacks out of nowhere, waking up in the middle of the night scared, no concentration. It's the same symptoms that a woman gets when they go through menopause. What sucks is that it takes a few weeks to recover.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
...which is exactly why I won't even consider a cycle. To not experience e2 issues and see so many that do, I won't mess with anything. Gains and maintenance will continue to come from hard work and diet. It doesn't come nearly as quick, but I can gain 10lbs of muscle on diet alone.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
...which is exactly why I won't even consider a cycle. To not experience e2 issues and see so many that do, I won't mess with anything. Gains and maintenance will continue to come from hard work and diet. It doesn't come nearly as quick, but I can gain 10lbs of muscle on diet alone.
I hear ya, I had a hell of a time trying to figure out e2 levels when I started trt last year. Now that I know what I'm doing, the feeling I have is phenomenal. I've always been natural, have been lifting for nearly 15 years with awesome results. Now that I'm on trt, the thought of not being natural anymore doesn't even bother me. I feel like I deserve even better results since I've put so much of my life into bodybuilding, I guess you could say this "blast" is like a gift I'm giving myself? Haha I'm having zero negative sides, using Erase here and there, and 500mg of test per week (around 9 weeks to go), and I'm feeling great. I used to have a pretty bad temper before trt, and it got worse when I couldn't regulate my e2. But now, even on 500mg you would almost have to pay me to get mad. It's a great feeling, to have no feelings of worry, anxiety, anger, sadness, just positive all the time. And you know what? I'm eating better, eating more, and lifting harder now than I ever have in my life. I've put in a lot of hard work, now it's time for a turbo boost. :)

napalm

napalm

Awards
Lex, have you checked your hemoglobin and hematocrit during your blast?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Lex, have you checked your hemoglobin and hematocrit during your blast?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
Not yet, I'm waiting until week #5 to get tests

This is what I plan on getting tested

Total testosterone
Free testosterone
E2
full CBC (which covers a lot)

Anything else you guys think I should test? I'll probably donate blood a week after the blast.