Bicep size? What’s your stats people and what do you think looks “good”

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
my arms are a little over 19'', i'm 5'7'', 165 lbs, 41 years old, natty, my body fat % is 6.7%. my arms were 20'' a few months ago, but i was heavier and not as lean, I was 190 lbs. I'm trying my hardest to get super ripped, 4% body fat
Ok dude you aren’t 41 years old and NATURAL at 6.7 percent bodyfat with 19 inch arms. That’s a blatant ****ing lie

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
tbh with you, i don't think it's necessary. i believe there's a pic somewhere on the internet with the tape around my arm and it showed my arm at about 18'', it's an old pic, but i'm too lazy these days to take pics and post them, i just feel a little bit sad because when I state certain stats about me, i recieve hate, it's like everytime i mention on bodybuilding.com that i used to bench 405 for 5 reps and 460 for 1 rep at 185 lbs body weight, i get banned, it's ridiculous, i tell the truth, and people don't wanna believe me and it grieves my heart but idc anymore, i'm just sick and tired of the hate from a world filled with hate and lack of compassion
Not all of it is "hate". A lot of it is simply disbelief. These are two different things. Why the disbelief? Because you are claiming to have arms as big as Mentzer, at the same height as Mentzer and with a similar BF%, while weighing LESS than him! And...you're claiming to have achieved that without EVER having touched a single drug!

In other words, you are claiming to have the best natural arms ever with your stats. In fact, your accomplishment would be considered tremendous even for a drug user. Look at what you stated: 5'7 height, 190 lbs, 6 BF%, drug-free, and 19+ arms!

Surely, you can see why people would have a hard time believing you've achieved this, as your accomplishment would blow away Mentzer's, given the fact that you achieved it at a lower bodyweight and without ever having used a single drug!

...and whether you know it or not, your're generating even greater doubt by refusing to post a current pic...and then claiming that you aren't lying and it's pathetic that no one will take you at your word. Well, given the fact that 1,000's of people have made false claims on bodybuilding boards, people are definitely going to want to see some kind of proof when you make one of the greatest claims ever seen on a bodybuilding board, or even bodybuilding in general.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
his arms look bigger than mine IMHO, i think his arms were 20'', not the 18.5'' he claims, i measure my arms the normal way, not the super strict way he did, if he measured his arms the normal way his arms were probably 20'' and his body fat was probably 4%
What do you mean you measure your arms the "normal" way and not "super strict"? I thought there was only one way to measure the arms--the accurate way? Are you saying you add inches to your measurement by doing something like not wrapping the tape around your arm evenly, allowing a lot of slack in the tape, or some other sort of arm measuring maneuver? I didn't know someone could measure their arms less than strictly (i.e. inaccurately) and still have it count as their measurement. I am very confused. Please explain.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s pretty solid man. I’m 5’10” 160 with 15-16” and I know I’m not that big lol, but I’ve always had good bicep shape. Just could use some more overall mass and some more triceps haha.
View attachment 164090
View attachment 164091
A little AAS and you would come together nicely! It's time. :)

If you're going to do it, don't wait until your old. That's the WRONG choice. It is safer when you're young...and you'll look better.

The body can potentially attain it best overall shape when the bodybuilder is in his 20's. Although many bodybuilders look great in their 30's, a bodybuilder's potential aesthetics are greatest in his 20's. His waist will never be smaller or tighter than when he is in his 20's (which is a HUGE benefit when it comes to overall shape and aesthetics, as well as the ability to hit certain poses) and your separation will never be greater. You main attain greater graininess in your 30's, but muscular separation reigns supreme (potentially) in one's 20's. If you want to look great, look great now. If you've been training correctly for 5 or more years, naturally, and have plateaued (everyone does by that point) your only going to gain so much muscle after that. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you won't suddenly blow up one day. Rather, you will struggle to gain a few pounds here and there and will be lucky to add another 10-15 pounds of lean mass, max, for the rest of your training life...and it will take many years to do that. Furthermore, your body's shape will already begin deteriorating by the time you reach that point. Again, this is assuming the natural bodybuilder has been doing everything correctly (for the most part) for the prior 5 years.

By using AAS ONLY (the correct ones and at the right doses) you could look like a great classic bodybuilder in just 2-3 years without any stomach distension at all....and you can stay relatively lean and dry the whole time you're on your journey. 40 lean pounds properly placed on your physique would take you from a guy who looks like he has been training for a few years to an awesome looking bodybuilder, especially if you master the classic poses. A lot of guys gain 40 pounds fairly quickly with drugs, but a good portion of it is almost always water, glycogen and some fat. That is fine if someone is simply trying to maximize growth rate, as many of the best growth drugs cause significant water retention, but it is not all muscle. Furthermore, aside from the water, glycogen, and fat, a good portion of their weight gain also goes directly to their midsection in the form of stomach distension. Much of this is due to food build-up from massive eating and of course, insulin and GH will only make the problem worse through visceral fat build-up. So, their 40 pounds is more like 15 pounds of properly placed lean muscle tissue.

Someone who gains 40 pounds of genuine muscle fiber AND puts it in the right places without any stomach distension will look like they gained a LOT more than 40 pounds. You can avoid the distension by refusing to over-eat, refusing to consume large meals at one time, refusing to use insulin, and refusing to use GH (low-dose GH is completely fine), while focusing on lean muscle gain and keeping your bodyfat fairly low. Feed yourself just enough to facilitate continued muscle gains and your body will slowly, but surely put on only lean tissue...and with proper training, it will go to all the right places. You might not gain overall muscle mass as quickly as they guys who eat like animals and use every drug available to them, but you will have a tremendous classic physique that everyone admires in just a few years. It is a VERY different look compared to those bodybuilders who make the attainment of sheer size their #1 goal. I am not saying one is better than the other, as each man has his own opinion of what he thinks looks good, but I will tell you this. The classic physique is a dying breed because it requires one to hold back from putting on overall mass as quickly as possible. No one wants to take their time getting "big", so they end up ruining their lines and shape...and once you do that you can NEVER get it back.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is my belief that Jesus was white, according to descriptions, he had ''golden'' hair (blonde) and hazel or blue eyes, and fair skin. Remember, 2000 yrs ago people were substantially whiter, just like 2000 yrs from now people will be substantially darker (most people will be black or dark brown 2000 yrs from now)
You got it all wrong.
The blonde guy was Thor and he had a hammer. The guy you are talking about was a jew and got nailed to a cross.
Also: Thor = bigger biceps

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
You got it all wrong.
The blonde guy was Thor and he had a hammer. The guy you are talking about was a jew and got nailed to a cross.
Also: Thor = bigger biceps
beware, for it is written ''God will not be mocked'', read Revelation 20:15 (lake of fire)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
beware, for it is written ''God will not be mocked'', read Revelation 20:15 (lake of fire)
You are right, hopefully Thor will forgive me.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Uh not big at all lol.

What size does this look like?

I stopped taking measurements and weighing.

Stopped focusing on numbers really
IMG_20180409_071730.jpg

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You should join an evangelical forum and comment. Not in bodybuilding forum and especially not in a thread like this. Though we all like to derail the thread in a fun way, cough cough * hairygrandpa *, Either post your 19” arms (not in length) or just stop talking about religion/Jesus and derailing this thread.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ironhands , that is what 19 inch look like -but not as lean as yours, I admit.

19.jpg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
You should join an evangelical forum and comment. Not in bodybuilding forum and especially not in a thread like this. Though we all like to derail the thread in a fun way, cough cough * hairygrandpa *, Either post your 19” arms (not in length) or just stop talking about religion/Jesus and derailing this thread.
and who made you the boss of me? when was the last time you read your bible?

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
all said and done, what matters in life is not 19'' arms, but your attitude with it, do you feel filled with pride and egotistical or are you still humble in spirit? do you use your physical strength to bully others and intimidate others? do you beat people up to satisfy your ego? or at you meek at heart? only you can answer these questions, and we will be judged one day, this is why is important to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but before, when I had a full head of hair, I was way stronger, like Samson.
we never give up, we keep pushing and pushing. i was stronger in my 20s when i would take ephedrine and pro-hormones (all natty now)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
all said and done, what matters in life is not 19'' arms, but your attitude with it, do you feel filled with pride and egotistical or are you still humble in spirit? do you use your physical strength to bully others and intimidate others? do you beat people up to satisfy your ego? or at you meek at heart? only you can answer these questions, and we will be judged one day, this is why is important to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior
So the only way to not intimidate others or be overly prideful is to accept Jesus? Look, I respect your faith, I have a Christian background too, but this is just not the place for online evangelism my friend.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
So the only way to not intimidate others or be overly prideful is to accept Jesus? Look, I respect your faith, I have a Christian background too, but this is just not the place for online evangelism my friend.
beware, for it is written ''and whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire''

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
beware, for it is written ''and whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire''

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm all that and worse. But with my last breath I will repent and be saved, as it is written. Isn't that wonderful? I have at least 20 years left to do my evil deeds.
So much evil can be done, I don't know where to begin.

But know let us pray for bigger arms...

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
and who made you the boss of me? when was the last time you read your bible?
I'd really love to respond to these inconsequential questions in a way that you'd be more than satisfied. But, being a forum which is not meant for evangelism, I am letting this go like a stinky fart in a breeze..

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tell me who wrote Revelation and then we’ll talk about it.

Hint: there’s more than one person named John.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I'm all that and worse. But with my last breath I will repent and be saved, as it is written. Isn't that wonderful? I have at least 20 years left to do my evil deeds.
So much evil can be done, I don't know where to begin.

But know let us pray for bigger arms...
evil deeds?...oh....i didn't know you were like this...wow...

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
I'd really love to respond to these inconsequential questions in a way that you'd be more than satisfied. But, being a forum which is not meant for evangelism, I am letting this go like a stinky fart in a breeze..
because you feel intimidated

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so? i get it, you hate God and you wanna be with the Devil, can you just drop it?
What? That makes less than no sense. I’m just saying that Biblical canon and history is more complicated than most people would have you believe. Context is key.

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
sorry, but at my age, i can't be getting into silly arguments. if i feel negativity i walk away, life is too short for negativity