best workout shortest amount of time....

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
until my new job I never had a time restraint, when it comes to lifting.
so i am looking to get the best bang for my buck when it comes to training.
I have been pulling the sled and the first time i pulled it i pulled 85 total pounds for 1.2 miles( simply because i didnt want to look like a puss pulling just a sled(NO WEIGHT) on my neighborhood sled pulling debut. and boy was it a challenge not to give up.
but it left me wanting more, so i searched for a better way, a bigger better deal you might say.
Some would venture to call me a psycho and everyone one in my neighborhood looks at me like ( how dogs look at you when you make a weird noise or sing , with their heads cocked to one side like WTH is that)
here is my new psychotic overkil VERY HIT workout.

PULL A sled, with 10-45lbs
strength shoes that take away the weight support of your heel.
carry a 25lb plate, or 45 in front of you with your arms bent.
or like my buddy likes over his friggin head. freak!
maybe a weighted vest.
see how long you can go, walking of course b4 you utterly fail.
then try to go longer after you reach a certain preset goal, or extend the goal distance.

I would warn this is not for newbies with joints that are not used to thrashing.

JUST A VIEW INTO MY TWISTED MIND, I would encourage any comments ,or examples of how some people solve their own personal time restraints.
i can say one thing for sure, this has and will continue to greatly change my physique for the WAY better.

for you who dont know what strength shoes are.
http://www.strengthshoes.com/
:run:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
JUST A VIEW INTO MY TWISTED MIND, I would encourage any comments ,or examples of how some people solve their own personal time restraints.
i can say one thing for sure, this has and will continue to greatly change my physique for the WAY better.

for you who dont know what strength shoes are.
http://www.strengthshoes.com/
:run:
Sheesh. All I do is cut isolation exercises like triceps extensions out of my workout if I'm in a hurry. :blink:

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's hardcore. Do the strength shoes force you to use your calves?

cookmic5

Awards
  • Established
Sheesh. All I do is cut isolation exercises like triceps extensions out of my workout if I'm in a hurry. :blink:
I'm with this guy.

Kelsey more power to you bro :thumbsup:

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
sounds like it'd be very good for endurance as well, and give you some serious cardio if you do it long enough!

I'm curious about this sled though. I know what it is, but do you walk or sprint with it? And does it give a good enough full body workout to build muscle as well as traditional free weights, or it performed in addition to the weights?

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
sounds like it'd be very good for endurance as well, and give you some serious cardio if you do it long enough!

I'm curious about this sled though. I know what it is, but do you walk or sprint with it? And does it give a good enough full body workout to build muscle as well as traditional free weights, or it performed in addition to the weights?
I pull heavy up to 300 or so for short distance
i pull for endurance,I.E. 1.2 miles
i sprint with like a 100lbs on it

full body? dude i lost my first lunch sprinting with a sled..
I cannot describe to you how my legs feel like they are welded together and indestructible,
i cant wait to see where my legs are going to be in a year doing this, i mean ULTRA-FREAKY.
not to mention all the cardio i am doing.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Where do you pull the sled? What surface? I can picture you sprinting down sidewalk with sparks flying from the sled and kids screaming and diving off their big wheels to get out of your way! ;)

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
aspahalt road,side walk, parking lot, pull it in a field , but i will warn you it is more difficult on grass
if there are sparks when you pull it you must run fast as hell