Best single ingredient GDA

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question..for those who take R-ala or NA-R-Ala..how much do you guys take before a heavy carb meal?

Curious.....
300-900mg R-ALA or 150-300mg Na-R-ALA

Depends on if dosing by itself or with other glucose disposal agents

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
why not just use metformin? it's cheap and readily available online.

btw, check your email!
Metformin is great for fat loss but is such a strong activator of AMPK I'd be hesitant to use it regularly as someone trying to put on muscle mass.

I also HATE the GI sides

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
300-900mg R-ALA or 150-300mg Na-R-ALA

Depends on if dosing by itself or with other glucose disposal agents
Thanks once again kbayne. Yeah, I usually take anywhere between 200-300 mg of R-Ala. I will up it a bit this weekend when I have my cheat meal this Saturday to see if there is a difference in dosage.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Metformin is great for fat loss but is such a strong activator of AMPK I'd be hesitant to use it regularly as someone trying to put on muscle mass.

I also HATE the GI sides
FWIW, I haven't experienced any sides with it at the 500mg dose. Now when I tried 2 tabs and got to 1g, I felt them.

(I have a scrip for it, btw)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks once again kbayne. Yeah, I usually take anywhere between 200-300 mg of R-Ala. I will up it a bit this weekend when I have my cheat meal this Saturday to see if there is a difference in dosage.
I have 200mg caps and will use 1 cap with 1 or 2 Slintensity usually (not using it solo, but just for reference). I'll take 400mg if it's going to be a very big meal.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For what it's worth, I took Na-R-Ala pre bed last night. I slept like a rock, I'll continue for a few days to see if it was just me or not.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For what it's worth, I took Na-R-Ala pre bed last night. I slept like a rock, I'll continue for a few days to see if it was just me or not.
There's a thread on BB.com about people who've dosed Na-R-Ala pre-bed noticing effects, so I don't think you and me are the only ones.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know dsade had a dosing protocol like that for slintensity before. And I know a lot of people who love to do that with agmatine.

Any of you follow it with agmatine? I take mine every morning upon rising and then get more in pre-workout, so I don't do a pre-bed dose, but maybe I'll play around with adding in an extra 500mg before bed for a few weeks and see what I notice.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know dsade had a dosing protocol like that for slintensity before. And I know a lot of people who love to do that with agmatine.

Any of you follow it with agmatine? I take mine every morning upon rising and then get more in pre-workout, so I don't do a pre-bed dose, but maybe I'll play around with adding in an extra 500mg before bed for a few weeks and see what I notice.
I have some bulk laying around. Maybe I'll play with it. When are the optimal dosing times for body comp?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have some bulk laying around. Maybe I'll play with it. When are the optimal dosing times for body comp?
Agmatine?

I don't know of a universal time. I do first thing in the morning with my normal meds since I don't eat for a bit and I take it daily. But it's in my pre-workout that I take in close to daily in the afternoon, as well, so I end up with 500mg 2x/day most days. Some people will utilize it pre-meal specifically and then some others were using it right before bed and noticing some benefits.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
I have 200mg caps and will use 1 cap with 1 or 2 Slintensity usually (not using it solo, but just for reference). I'll take 400mg if it's going to be a very big meal.
I don't think I've ever tried Slintensity....but thanks for your feedback.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My sleep has been epic since taking 150 mg Na-R-Ala ore bed for the past 4 nights.

Battossi

Awards
For most people cinnamon extract should be the perfect go to.

For one...it has indispensable research on healthy and type 2 diabetic trained and untrained individuals. This is a rarity and a blessing.

Secondly it has a plethora of other health benefits.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For most people cinnamon extract should be the perfect go to.

For one...it has indispensable research on healthy and type 2 diabetic trained and untrained individuals. This is a rarity and a blessing.

Secondly it has a plethora of other health benefits.
Might as well just sprinkle some cinnamon on foods. I agree, cinnamon is a solid option, but buying ground cinnamon would be so much cheaper.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Research on cinnamon is actually a bit far from being conclusive here

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar