BEST BCAAS?

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Doesn't nutraplanet do international shipping or is there some other rule/regulation stopping you?
Prob price, costs me 24 bucks to ship 2 pill bottles to canada.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Doesn't nutraplanet do international shipping or is there some other rule/regulation stopping you?
Yea, shipping will be to expensive on 1kg of supps, and i will get import taxed also, as i did last time on 4 bottles of ursobolic i ordered from nutra got taxed about 30 dollars on top of the shipping here, big big waste of money that lol

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
You don't want unflavored :)
I use starbucks sugar free coffee syrup for all my unflavored powdered aminos and other nasty tasting stuff ... tastes a.lot better than most flavorings,, sugar free caramel and cinnamon dolce syrups are my faves :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He had asked the better of several brands/manufacturers. Making the assumption that they all meet CoA then the issue is price and maybe ratios.

USPowders Modern BCAA is 8:1:1 and $25/kilo. When you beat that price let me know.

NutraPlanet BCAA's is 2:1:1 and $40/kilo.

AI RecoverPRO BCAA is 4:1:1 and $50/kilo.
Great post!

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Prob been asked a million times but what are the best bcaa supplements, and do they need to be instantized and does this mean simply quicker digestion?

so many to choose, whats A good ratio/ the best ratio etc, more leucine the better??

Looking at-

USP
OLIMP BCAA EXPLODE
OPTIMUM NUTRITION
A.INNOVATONS RECOVER PRO
SCI-VATION EXTEND

To much choice, never used b4 but want to start with them pre-workouts

Thanks FOR HELP
Eventhough I rep for AI, I still think this is my favorite BCAA. Tastes great, mixes well, and really helps recovery. Feel free to PM me for some free samples

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I'm not a rep for ai but ill tell you that recoverpro is the bomb. Mixes quickly and tastes good. Try out the samples, you'll be impressed.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
anything using ajino bcaa's gets my vote. XF ICE and Omega Strive both kick ass, ICE tastes MUCH better, Strive is a more well rounded formula.

I forgot about ICE :( . I probably haven't used it in about two years.
As for the Ajinomoto thing, I dont get why evryone praises their stuff so much. Yes they do have some of the best quality control programs in the industry BUT they have also brought some really screwed up ingreds to the market(foods , not supps)

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Ordered recover pro red raspberry

if i take it once (3-4 servings) is it best pre or intra workout, cant afford to take a good dose like this more than once per day?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

if i take it once (3-4 servings) is it best pre or intra workout, cant afford to take a good dose like this more than once per day?
I'd say most likely 2 servings is enough at one time, and i'd go with intraworkout personally, or in the middle of whatever is your biggest gap in hours between meals.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
thanx, il prob go with just b4 workouts to be honest and 3 servings to make sure im covered :147:

i assume it will mix ok in a postworkout whey shake also? (could do 2 pre and 2 post)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanx, il prob go with just b4 workouts to be honest and 3 servings to make sure im covered :147:

i assume it will mix ok in a postworkout whey shake also? (could do 2 pre and 2 post)
yep, works nice like that, the raspberry goes well with good vanillas

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
thanks, ill prob do 3-4 pre workouts for now keep it simple dont fancy mixing raspberry with choc whey

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
yep, works nice like that, the raspberry goes well with good vanillas
It does, I use it with my vanilla post shake. Very tasty.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
HAD 3 servings raspberry pre wkt, pretty nice taste bit foamy but no probs goes down anyway, maybe it will improve workout performance will see

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Why would you mix it in a protein shake though?

Aminos on top of aminos

Best way to use it is fasted or immediately post workout on an empty stomach, then have your shake. Just my .02 from anecdotal feedback
Agreed, I only drink it intra or during meals to spike mTor levels.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
for me just using once per day then best just b4 starting workout to prevent catobolism, then whey after workouts as usual which contains aminos anyway

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Catabolism? Are you fasting?

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
no i meant to reduce being catabolic by having the bcaas freshly ingested, neththeless i find pre-workout gives more piece of mind, then have the usual whey postwkt

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
You wont go catabolic that fast. To reach a catabolic state you'd need 48-72 hours with minimal nutrition.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
ok
you use them to spike mtor levels what is that again, i remember reading it somewhere but forgot

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Mammalian target of rapamycin, it regulates cell growth, proliferation, protein synthesis, etc

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Used the recover pro 3.5 servings intra workout in last 2 workouts,
i am sure they helped me perform better giving me more endurance and not to feel fatigued like i usually feel as my carbs are moderate and my workouts are high volume so i am constantly in a semi glycogen depleted state so i can notice any change in performance i know that and my body very well, could be placebo/early days but it looks like it may be the bcaas, see how it goes it seems promising if they appear to enhance and increase workout performance they will become a staple of mine, hoping the only regret is i should have used them long ago in times of dieting etc, and the red raspberry dont taste bad either, may try lemo flavour next
I will update when been using them a little longer.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards

I do 1 serving in the afternoon, 1 serving pre workout, and 1 serving intra workout.... Let me know your thoughts on the Recover Pro

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Just received my Modern BCAA from nutraplanet ... that is some seriously nondissolving stuff... nothing I could do would make it dissolve,, even used a stick blender in warm water,,, the flavor (grapple) was palatable though :)

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Just received my Modern BCAA from nutraplanet ... that is some seriously nondissolving stuff... nothing I could do would make it dissolve,, even used a stick blender in warm water,,, the flavor (grapple) was palatable though :)

warm water... yikes... not sure how that would taste haha

With ours you have to shake it.... wait a minute or two and keep shaking it for it all to dissolve

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Probably best to shake it a couple times then let it sit for a minute or two. I've left 15 grams of bcaas mixed in a bottle of Gatorade overnight and the next morning there were no leucine floaties. Then I took my Gatorade, put it in my golf bag, and off I went!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Using very cold water can hinder solubility and cause foaming."

Even when I use NutraPlanet bulk BCAA (not ultra-micronized) I use cool/room temperature water then place in refrigerator overnight - dissolved. I make mine up before bed and place in the fridge. In the morning take it with me on the way to the gym at 4:00AM. They're BCAA - they don't dissolve instantly or quickly - plan ahead if it is necessary.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
"Using very cold water can hinder solubility and cause foaming."

Even when I use NutraPlanet bulk BCAA (not ultra-micronized) I use cool/room temperature water then place in refrigerator overnight - dissolved. I make mine up before bed and place in the fridge. In the morning take it with me on the way to the gym at 4:00AM. They're BCAA - they don't dissolve instantly or quickly - plan ahead if it is necessary.
I know with a lot of stuff, if you let it sit in water too long it begins to break down and lose efficacy,,, is this not the case with BCAA's?

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
warm water... yikes... not sure how that would taste haha

With ours you have to shake it.... wait a minute or two and keep shaking it for it all to dissolve
I was going to pour it over ice if and when it dissolved... even with the foamy, chunky leucine, it was palatable,, my powdered arginine is much much worse, for taste at least,,

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know with a lot of stuff, if you let it sit in water too long it begins to break down and lose efficacy,,, is this not the case with BCAA's?
Predigested branch chain amino acid sitting in cold water for 6 hours will break down...into? Serious question. I've yet to hear a seriously believable answer.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Predigested branch chain amino acid sitting in cold water for 6 hours will break down...into? Serious question. I've yet to hear a seriously believable answer.
If it breaks down molecularly it could turn into a completely different chemical,, take olive oil, for example, when over heated the molecular chain breaks apart and it turns into a completely different chemical that's carcinogenic ... this is just an example of what happens with olive oil... I have no idea if this could possibly happen with bcaa's

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
If it breaks down molecularly it could turn into a completely different chemical,, take olive oil, for example, when over heated the molecular chain breaks apart and it turns into a completely different chemical that's carcinogenic ... this is just an example of what happens with olive oil... I have no idea if this could possibly happen with bcaa's
On the flip side it could break down, but not molecularly, and absorb more readily

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are introducing energy or a power to transform it's state or otherwise break it down molecularly. With the BCAA you are doing noting at all with it but immersing it in water and keeping it at a stable cold state. It is not breaking down molecularly. There is nothing more going on with it than what was going on with it in the container it sat in for months before your poured it in the water.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
You are introducing energy or a power to transform it's state or otherwise break it down molecularly. With the BCAA you are doing noting at all with it but immersing it in water and keeping it at a stable cold state. It is not breaking down molecularly. There is nothing more going on with it than what was going on with it in the container it sat in for months before your poured it in the water.
That makes perfect sense,, the same as with any freeze dried substance, such as HCG,, definitely a valid question, but definitely a plausible answer as well