Best time to take BCAAs?

Erihis

Awards
I've read everything from 30-60 mins pre workout to during your workout and right after to anytime at all.
Just wanted to hear some peoples' opinion on when they think the best time is to take them.

bobbymac

bobbymac

Awards
IMHO during and after are the most important but anytime is a good time :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sharperunner

Awards
I do pre and post workout. I opt for water during but thats just a personal preference.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
before during and after or before and after-I like intra myself

in between meals as well

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
only PWO here, in larger quantity's like 25-30 grams.....occasionally I do 10 gram shots of luecine if i am not eating anything and want a little shot of "protein"......I've actually been using Leucine for PWO also since 8:1:1 BCAA seem to be a waste of money, just take the bulk Leucine....

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
I take them first thing in the morning when I roll out of bed, then pre, intra, post workout, between meals and at bedtime. I'll also grab a few tablets when I get up to go piss in the middle of the night.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take them first thing in the morning when I roll out of bed, then pre, intra, post workout, between meals and at bedtime. I'll also grab a few tablets when I get up to go piss in the middle of the night.
thats how I take and sometimes when I wake up during sleep, I like shakes better in the middle of the night

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Immediately upon waking, since by the time i shower, cook, and eat its 30-45 mins later.. then pre/post workout.

Mike

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Immediately upon waking, since by the time i shower, cook, and eat its 30-45 mins later.. then pre/post workout.

Mike
Not to sound like a dbag, but that seems like a waste to me. Think bout it u been fasting all night hopefully that's least 8hrs. You think waiting another 30-40 min before your first meal is going to effect your gains?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Not to sound like a dbag, but that seems like a waste to me. Think bout it u been fasting all night hopefully that's least 8hrs. You think waiting another 30-40 min before your first meal is going to effect your gains?
he is probably doing this in order to get better absorption of the BCAA, taken separate from food....I do this PWO, take the BCAA immediately after then wait 30-45 minutes before taking 50 grams of whey protein. also if I take 10G of leucine during the day, its inbetween meals on a relatively empty stomach....

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
he is probably doing this in order to get better absorption of the BCAA, taken separate from food....I do this PWO, take the BCAA immediately after then wait 30-45 minutes before taking 50 grams of whey protein. also if I take 10G of leucine during the day, its inbetween meals on a relatively empty stomach....
agreed taking bcaa's alone, and between meals, spikes bcaa levels higher than any meal does. Bcaa's matter a good bit

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Preworkout and between meals. Don't bother with intraworkout use.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
best times for BCAA are pre and intra.

I personally take some xtend with my breakfast and lunch sometimes.

LiftT

LiftT

Awards
I prefer Intra or Post.