John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Log looks good Cheyenne and video logs are fun. I haveused lipoburn last year. Was hard to tell if it worked or not since my body fat was not low enough, which at the time body fat was at ten percent. It did speed me up

An ingredient in lipoburn caused this stimulation forget the name of it. G-acid if I remember right I am not looking it up its been a year since I tried that. it also amplifies the eca stack greatly and can be dangerous from my research stacked with eca, on one I am too lazy to look up the studies I saw as I research every supplement a good deal before I take it.

form on bench needs improvements the negative portion stimulates muscle better than the positive on all movements. too fast and bouncy and thats an easy way to get an injury. In fact if a person studies body mechanics the arm range of motion is very limited in the bench press and is greater in the Incline and decline press, that why i stopped benching four years ago and chest is fine

(also stopped squatting four years ago and legs are 28.25 and I am coming into ten percent body fat, but if barbell squats work for you do them, hack, leg press, and smith squats seem to work much better because the way I am built).

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're thinking of Glycerrhetinic Acid. Lipoburn also has Theophylline in it, which is probably why you wouldn't want to add it to an ECA stack.

BW powerlifts on her bench. Less distance from chest to lockout is good in that situation. The eccentric speed has been addressed - we all agree, she included, that it was not controlled enough.

So, you stick to machine movements on legs? I've considered trying that in the past, but ultimately just like squatting too much to quit. I do have an increasing respect for the leg press - if you use a good ROM that thing'll get the job done!

Log looks good Cheyenne and video logs are fun. I haveused lipoburn last year. Was hard to tell if it worked or not since my body fat was not low enough, which at the time body fat was at ten percent. It did speed me up

An ingredient in lipoburn caused this stimulation forget the name of it. G-acid if I remember right I am not looking it up its been a year since I tried that. it also amplifies the eca stack greatly and can be dangerous from my research stacked with eca, on one I am too lazy to look up the studies I saw as I research every supplement a good deal before I take it.

form on bench needs improvements the negative portion stimulates muscle better than the positive on all movements. too fast and bouncy and thats an easy way to get an injury. In fact if a person studies body mechanics the arm range of motion is very limited in the bench press and is greater in the Incline and decline press, that why i stopped benching four years ago and chest is fine

(also stopped squatting four years ago and legs are 28.25 and I am coming into ten percent body fat, but if barbell squats work for you do them, hack, leg press, and smith squats seem to work much better because the way I am built).

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate machine leg presses. Hate them. Like, I want to shoot them with a Tommy Gun, and then go on to murder their happy leg press family.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then why are you always using them? I have to fight you off that machine daily bro. Sometimes you aren't even using it, just sitting on it pretending, while you text.

Come at me bro.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate machine leg presses. Hate them. Like, I want to shoot them with a Tommy Gun, and then go on to murder their happy leg press family.
The hand grip on the left side of the one I use is coming off; every heavy set I begin to feel my left hand sliding, sliding down. Once it's low enough I just grab the bar underneath.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi, I'm date-Mike, nice to meet me...How do you like your eggs in the morning *attempting to wink*?

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hows things going with the Lipo burn? I have been using it for like 2 weeks now.
I've been on it for less than a week now. Things are going well. So far I notice that my midsection is a bit tighter and I have less water weight.

I like squatting and benching too much to quit. As I've said, I will be working on slowing my negative in bench down and keeping it more controlled, primarily for safety purposes. I really don't want to injure myself.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I had a great gym session this afternoon- I will be posting the details and all tomorrow along with a squatting video. :D

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 5:

LipoBurn:

I'm not noticing anything different when it comes to fat loss. My bum and abs feel tighter, but not necessarily leaner. I don't expect to see any major fat loss results after one week of a topical though. :) Next week is when I will expect to see some change.

Workout:

ASGT:

I didn't take ASGT yesterday. I was rushing around everywhere all day and forgot to bring it along with me. :( Tomorrow I will have it though!

Squats:
5x5: 135, 155, 185, 200, 155,
final set: 155x8

I started my routine with squats, which is how I always do it on my back squat day. I felt good for the most part. What I'm trying to figure out is if my pelvis it tucking in down at the bottom too much. Maybe you guys can help me out and tell me what you think of my form:

BB Rows:
5x5: 95, 105, 115, 125, 95

My form for 125 wasn't all that great, It was more like 4 reps + 1. I'm gonna do better next time!

BB Lunges:
5x6: 75lb

Supersetted w/ Push Ups

5x12

My shoulders were killing me and I had a pump in my arms that was painful from supersetting these two. I don't know why adding lunges to push ups would make my arm pump greater, but it seemed to.

After all was done I decided to do some more overhead lunges and sprints. I was worn out and had a huge leg pump! My jeans weren't very comfortable in the thighs that afternoon. :p

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
lol great job BW!!! It's funny listening to Resolve coaching you in the background!!! Wish he could come help me!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
lol great job BW!!! It's funny listening to Resolve coaching you in the background!!! Wish he could come help me!
Haha, yeah, it really helps me to be reminded to keep form. The videos I post only scratch the surface of his coaching me. :) He can really get into it, and I love it! No more coaching when he's got that camera in his hand though! The filming turns out a little too rocky! :p

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, yeah, it really helps me to be reminded to keep form. The videos I post only scratch the surface of his coaching me. :) He can really get into it, and I love it! No more coaching when he's got that camera in his hand though! The filming turns out a little too rocky! :p
And I sound like a douche, IMO. People want to watch the girl lift, not listen to the sweaty man-thing growl.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
And I sound like a douche, IMO. People want to watch the girl lift, not listen to the sweaty man-thing growl.
You weren't bad in that one! :lol: I didn't post the video where you were on me the whole time. ;) I definitely appreciate the coaching, but I agree that everyone else doesn't need to hear it.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
lol BS I love hearing that!!!!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Most people don't like the way they sound on camera. Me being one of them.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, nice job with the squats. Those are really impressive numbers with that kind of weight :fing02:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most people don't like the way they sound on camera. Me being one of them.
The firs time I heard my own voice in recording was like 5th grade. My best friend and I were doing old WWF wrestlers impersonations. He did Hulkster and I did Ultimate Warrior. When I heard what I sounded I was mortified... and I stopped playing that game :sad2:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Babywifey squats better then MOST girls (relative to commercial gyms; I've actually never seen a girl squat like that at L.A. Fitness or 24hour; weight and/or depth). I've only seen women squat that respectably at the performance center I'm at and I can only think of two.

My wife can hardly stand the bar with dimes on her shoulders. I'm still residually impressed.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone who has watched Dorian Yates Blood & Guts video and heard Dorian's Scottish workout partner, will never judge someone else coaching bark, ever :lol:

Personally, I like hearing the verbal coaching. It makes it seem more like you're capturing a real moment in someone's workout, as oppose to watching a how-to workout video :fing02:

I think people who lift love to sympathize with that kind of realism.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Resolve I thought you sounded quite dashing in that vid. Kudos on the sexy man voice :thumbsup:

..oh no homo...btw Im not going to say no homo anymore I am going to say (twss), which means "thats what she said"...were not homo and we know that.

BW, you killed it on those squats!

Belly FULL!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone who has watched Dorian Yates Blood & Guts video and heard Dorian's Scottish workout partner, will never judge someone else coaching bark, ever :lol:

Personally, I like hearing the verbal coaching. It makes it seem more like you're capturing a real moment in someone's workout, as oppose to watching a how-to workout video :fing02:

I think people who lift love to sympathize with that kind of realism.
I haven't seen that. Don't actually watch many BB'ers movies.

Since it seems nobody minds it, I'll keep up the coaching then.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
step outa that rack and keep that belly full

belly full

belly full

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
bw-if you want to kick it up a notch add some capzacin to the lipo burn. i added an entire little red bottle to my lipo burn and damn-unless you are used to it just add a little at a time. after just a week i am seeing nice results on abs at just 2 pumps 2 x day.

good luck- i like your enthusiasm.:fing02:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't going to say anything but was your belly full?

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
BELLY FULL!!!

dont' ask me WHAT it is full of though!!! lol

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:haha: fail

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
BW- as far as those squats go - :35:

I thought they were money. If you are having issues at the bottom (It's where I tend to have issues as well) it is more than likely a flexibility issue, at least I know that it is for me.

Your strength is rediculous.... apparently I need to hire Resolve and BW as my strength coaches. :thumbsup:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Form looked great from what I could tell, although I would step out of that rack. Those bars are too high it seems.

The arm pump was probably due to gripping the weights on the lunges. I get pretty beastly arm pumps from that.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BW- as far as those squats go - :35:

I thought they were money. If you are having issues at the bottom (It's where I tend to have issues as well) it is more than likely a flexibility issue, at least I know that it is for me.

Your strength is rediculous.... apparently I need to hire Resolve and BW as my strength coaches. :thumbsup:
It's called high frequency, high volume, high intensity training - patent pending of course.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Hahahaha, well let me know when it's patented and I'll help you build and sell your DVD. ;)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's called high frequency, high volume, high intensity training - patent pending of course.
Based on those descriptions, the Album Art on your DVD would have to be a juicy bong.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good work BW! I would step out of that rack too or do those in a power rack like IC said. I didn't notice your hips curling under either looked like solid form.

Resolve, I assume belly full meant filling with air to create internal pressure? A trick a lot of power lifters do to easily increase stability. If so one thing of caution is that it trains the abdominal wall to distend rather than using the muscles of the core to cinch in tight to stabilize the weight. The only negative effect of that being the aesthetics portion of that is a thicker waist line. If keeping or slimming the waistline is part of the overall goal, make sure she keeps her abs in tight while squatting to keep her waistline smaller. Unless that is not a concern. BW not assuming you can't do this on your own, but he can see when you are controlling your abs better than you can. Again this is not a form correction because they are both correct form but for two different reasons. However you can end up lifting just as much cinching in the core muscle as you can filling it with air to stabilize, it just takes an adjustment period to increase core strength.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's exactly what I was talking about Kleen. It's the way I was taught to squat and what I've become accustomed to. It's also, therefore, how I taught BW to squat - I'll let her decide what she wants to do in that regards. She's advanced more than enough to make that call for herself.

I'd rep you again if I could, that's a mighty fine post.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Kleen gave me the same tip last November when we did a squat workout together. It's been working well for my midsection to keep the abs tucked in.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Just catching up, lots of good info in here and great work so far BW!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great to know my form looks good! Thanks for all of the feedback guys!

To Irish Cannon and MrKleen: I like having the racks down at the bottom because they help me to know when I've gone far enough. Once I hit them (if I hit them) I know to push back up immediately. I use them as a guide, I guess.

So... guess what movement I am video recording tomorrow? :D

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Great to know my form looks good! Thanks for all of the feedback guys!

To Irish Cannon and MrKleen: I like having the racks down at the bottom because they help me to know when I've gone far enough. Once I hit them (if I hit them) I know to push back up immediately. I use them as a guide, I guess.

So... guess what movement I am video recording tomorrow? :D
Reverse Forearm curls? :lol:

DEADLIFTS!!!! (lol... deadlifts after squats would be pretty brutal)

About the rack - It's great to use it, but it is also good to go without, so you get the more "natural" feel of where your squat ends and what is parallel by "feel".

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My only concern it the is danger component of hitting the bars/rack. That is a lot of sudden spinal decompression/re-compression even though it doesn't seem like much when you "tap" the bar on the rack pins it extends the spine then has to resettle under the weight. If it takes you off balance even a little bit then you torque your spine to regain control you could cause damage to a disk. However there is a much safer feel knowing you are in the rack which is why I suggested the cage so you could lower the pins. We have the same model rack at our gym and we just squat in the cage to avoid it. Even I bottom out on it when doing A2G squats.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My only concern it the is danger component of hitting the bars/rack. That is a lot of sudden spinal decompression/re-compression even though it doesn't seem like much when you "tap" the bar on the rack pins it extends the spine then has to resettle under the weight. If it takes you off balance even a little bit then you torque your spine to regain control you could cause damage to a disk. However there is a much safer feel knowing you are in the rack which is why I suggested the cage so you could lower the pins. We have the same model rack at our gym and we just squat in the cage to avoid it. Even I bottom out on it when doing A2G squats.
EXACTLY!

If you're experienced enough (which you absolutely are) you shouldn't need the racks on the side to tell you when you've gone deep enough; and, if I may beg the question, is there such a thing as "deep enough" on squats?

Now, I use a rack, but not with set rails like that. I adjust so the rails are just below my deepest possible squat. There is really no chance of my bumping them on the way down, but still set in place for safety.

And since we're being serious now, I keep the belly full as well. :D

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Reverse Forearm curls? :lol:

DEADLIFTS!!!! (lol... deadlifts after squats would be pretty brutal)

About the rack - It's great to use it, but it is also good to go without, so you get the more "natural" feel of where your squat ends and what is parallel by "feel".
Yep- it's the Deads! I be postin' my video here in a minute! ;)

EXACTLY!

If you're experienced enough (which you absolutely are) you shouldn't need the racks on the side to tell you when you've gone deep enough; and, if I may beg the question, is there such a thing as "deep enough" on squats?

Now, I use a rack, but not with set rails like that. I adjust so the rails are just below my deepest possible squat. There is really no chance of my bumping them on the way down, but still set in place for safety.

And since we're being serious now, I keep the belly full as well. :D
Okay, I see where you guys are coming from now. I will definitely give it a shot in the power rack with the rails lower.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 7

LipoBurn:

It is going well so far! I've been feeling a little bloated the last couple of days, but I think that is due to not drinking enough water. So I've upped my water intake, and now just after working out, I'm feeling pretty tight n' lean. I've continued to apply 4 pumps on my abs and 8 pumps across my bum and thighs.

Workout:

Deadlifts:
5 reps: 135, 185, 205, 220, 225 PR!
Back off set of 10 reps w/ 135

I started my workout with Deads, as I always do. Now, I've just recently started pulling the bar from the floor. 2 weeks ago I was lifting the bar from the racks at about knee level, backing out of the rack with the weight and from there I would start full range of motion Deads. The power I have from making this change is incredible. I am using my legs way more than before and I'm just able to keep form better. I am struggling with straightening my legs out a bit too soon though, leaving my back to do the work at the end. I know that I will have to work on this and I have been. My form has improved incredibly this week though! Let me know what you guys think:

Dips:

5 Reps: Body Weight, 25, 35, 45 PR
BW Backoff: 12 reps, 8 reps

DB Seated Military:

5 Reps: 35, 42.5, 35, 40, 40
Backoff: 30x 10, 30x5