Augmatine

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I am unsure why all the references to supraspinal and IV admin.

There is an attenuation of total body agmatine stores as we age (pointed out in an article I did for Joey - then, CEO of MAN back with the launch of Blue Print). It may very well come down to younger individuals not benefiting as much as old. As for pre-workout administration; way back with the original launch for MAN Sports I did back in 2007/2008 and the product Blue Print...I have NEVER suggested this to be the time to dose it. I am uncertain how we have come to this really - possibly a lot of "me too" companies promoting it in this fashion (unsure); just as arginine and any other polyamine has shown - pre-workout is NOT the way to go and I maintain this position, now 5 years later!

Post-workout, on the other hand in combination with GABA might be exceedingly interesting.

D_
So when should I be dosing this bottle of agmatine that I just got? First thing in the AM before breakfast?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
So when should I be dosing this bottle of agmatine that I just got? First thing in the AM before breakfast?
According to Coop yeah , and 45 mins before a meal at the latest...

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
According to Coop yeah , and 45 mins before a meal at the latest...
what about when training fasted in the am? after working out or an hour before? I had been doing 2grams upon wakening and working out an 1hr 20mins later.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Can I suggest a thread title change again?

I agree with those who have said it before me...the thread title disturbs me.

D_
Agreed 100%.

Volume of distribution estimates wouldn't support oral dosing this low; we'll chalk that dosing protocol up to a hint of placebo.

D_
Understood. I hear some people are even using 1.5-2gs of this stuff as well. Is more better?
Anyone notice any GI issues?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
what about when training fasted in the am? after working out or an hour before? I had been doing 2grams upon wakening and working out an 1hr 20mins later.
I train fasted , since I am LeanGains :p, and I take it AFTER my workout , like 30-45 mins before my fast break , and I still have the awesome pumps all day and the next too.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Doc, do you know if agmatine used at 2g or higher daily versus the common dosing of 1g daily would yield any additional benefit? If so, what additional benefit(s) can be had at 2g or more daily?

With regards to the analgesic properties of agmatine, does the relief provided by agmatine cease once supplementation has stopped?

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I started this sucker and I apologize for the spelling error. It has been corrected for those who are spelling sensitive.

2skinny

2skinny

Awards
So what's the consensus with Agmatine?
750mg-1g morning, empty stomach. Then maybe 750mg-1g post workout, or evening pre-dinner???

I took 750mg this morning upon waking. I'll take another 1g immediately post workout with some GABA. Then protein/leucine maybe 20mins later.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
So what's the consensus with Agmatine?
750mg-1g morning, empty stomach. Then maybe 750mg-1g post workout, or evening pre-dinner???

I took 750mg this morning upon waking. I'll take another 1g immediately post workout with some GABA. Then protein/leucine maybe 20mins later.
I've been doing 1.5g morning then 1g evening for the past few months.