ARA harmful due to systemic inflammation?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
My own opinion here is that when used 50 days on 50 off ARA is safe in healthy individuals

What he can't say/claim as a rep is that ARA is actually purported to even be beneficial to asthmatics... But because safety comes first and an official study is not done, the warning is there to cover that.

ARA use does not cause systemic inflammation though so those worries can be put to rest.

^Anyone who even looked at Examine would have known this^

It's good to be skeptical but when something has had as many safety studies done on it as ARA, it's odd for there still to be a crowd picketing against it without a proven reason

View attachment 141424

View attachment 141425
Where were these screen shots taken from?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The Canada Crew grows

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Good to know I have someone to ship my ARA to if my body hates it :p
I would never say no to that lol but would insist I send something in return

But it won't be needed we hope!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I used Molecular's for about 3.5 weeks following the basic protocols you see (preWO dosing only, baby aspirin, LCLT, dropped fish oil, etc) with no change in routine and the DOMS and joint aches came on so ferociously I had to drop it. I would be sore for an entire week after squatting; it was crazy. I tried it again 6 months later and same; just couldn't tolerate the hurt.

I have never seen anything that remotely would cause me to second guess the safety of it for someone without a pre-existing condition; it's just not for me. It definitely increases localized inflammation and will certainly increase DOMS.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Good to know I have someone to ship my ARA to if my body hates it :p
Hey hey hey! No playing favorites! Ill gladly take it off your hands! :veryhappy:

About to start another run of ArA here pretty soon!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think Jiigzz has provided quality information and his write up is defended with research that you can check and make your own judgement on. His status as a rep is nullified by the quality of his argument...
I was just posting that cause some other guys in the thread pointed out the rep status. Jiigzz has always been a quality poster to me.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was just posting that cause some other guys in the thread pointed out the rep status. Jiigzz has always been a quality poster to me.
I agree
Can't judge a post solely on rep status.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I knew where you were coming from but just wanted to mention the other side. Your point is a valid point...there is a conflict of interest with reps.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
I only ever noticed some Joint pain with ARA along with decent results in the mirror so im a fan.
Is that to say its not doing something else to my system, who knows we are all different so i imagine it could affect some people rather negatively

Irishobrien

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Here's how to prevent systemic inflammation from an ArA run:

1) Run high-dosed omega-3's for 1 month leading up to your cycle; studies show that this is enough for qualitative membrane proliferation

2) Start niacin (hypocholesterolemic protocol) concomitantly with the initiation of your ArA cycle; this will prevent systemic metabolism and the production of non-localized omega-6 metabolites

3) Maintain iso or hyper caloric diet during the duration of your cycle

4) Ingest ArA only pre-WO

This should maximize local metabolism in skeletal muscle for the purpose of maximizing myotonic signaling (and vasodilation).

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established

1) Run high-dosed omega-3's for 1 month leading up to your cycle; studies show that this is enough for qualitative membrane proliferation

2) Start niacin (hypocholesterolemic protocol) concomitantly with the initiation of your ArA cycle; this will prevent systemic metabolism and the production of non-localized omega-6 metabolites

This should maximize local metabolism in skeletal muscle for the purpose of maximizing myotonic signaling (and vasodilation).
Niacin + baby aspirin + 6 caps ARA pre workout? What niacin dose is sufficient?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Niacin + baby aspirin + 6 caps ARA pre workout? What niacin dose is sufficient?
Found this in the "Niacin Recovery Plan"

Protocol:
1. Start with a 50 mg. tablet of niacin not niacinimide as this in not effective. See if you
experience the flushing effect. Usually described as pins and needles, itching, and redness of
the skin. (some people do experience a severe rash and should not continue with therapy)
2.If you don’t flush take 100 mg. the next day.
3.If you experience a flushing stay at this dose each day.
4.Usually a day or two and this dose with not cause you to flush.
5.Increase it to 200 mg a day. As long as you don’t flush continue to increase the dose.
6.When you experience flushing stay at that dose until it stops.
7.Now after you reach 200 mg without flushing take a 500 mg. slow release niacin and break it
in half so you are taking 250 mg. Continue till you don’t flush.
8.Increase to a 500 mg tablet. Most people can take increasing doses without flushing rather
rapidly and many times only a day or two at one dose and the flushing disappears.
9.Increase to one 500 mg tablet twice a day. If it’s too much break the second tablet in half so
you will taking 750 mg.
10.Continue to increase until you are taking three 500 mg. tablets a day for a total of 1500 mg.
This seems to be the correct therapeutic dose for maximum lipid profile benefit.
https://drdanpilgreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/The-Niacin-Recovery-Plan.pdf <---Opens a PDF - Bad HTTPS Cert, so you'll have to add an exception to your browser.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I take niacin with my multi and usually take my multi and ara together so that's good news for me haha

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think Jiigzz has provided quality information and his write up is defended with research that you can check and make your own judgement on. His status as a rep is nullified by the quality of his argument...
I agree
Can't judge a post solely on rep status.
Agreed. He's a quality poster and he posted some great info in this post.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
So I'm confused as to what to take together with ARA

Niacin / PA (granules) / aspirin / or carnitine salt?

Which one?

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
So I'm confused as to what to take together with ARA

Niacin / PA (granules) / aspirin / or carnitine salt?

Which one?
I personally use baby aspirin to inhibit the cox-1 pathway to favor the cox-2 pathway. The carnitine salt will essentially do the same thing as aspirin.

People have had great success combining PA with ArA, but imo you can go the cheaper route and get your PA from Soy Lecithin, which also helps with absorption due to it being an emulsifier.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I personally use baby aspirin to inhibit the cox-1 pathway to favor the cox-2 pathway. The carnitine salt will essentially do the same thing as aspirin.

People have had great success combining PA with ArA, but imo you can go the cheaper route and get your PA from Soy Lecithin, which also helps with absorption due to it being an emulsifier.
So at the same time. Dose LCLT, 3TBSP granules (about 1.5g PA), and 6 caps ARA would be good?

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
So at the same time. Dose LCLT, 3TBSP granules (about 1.5g PA), and 6 caps ARA would be good?
1.5g of ArA + ~2g carnitine salt + 1.5g(+)PA

I would say that's good to go.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

This is pretty much the optimal dosing and auxiliary supps with ArA

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

This is a good dosing as it looks like the maximum dosage of each.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
May start with 1 gram ARA to see how I react to it
Makes sense. I never had negative effects from it, but everyone is different.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
May start with 1 gram ARA to see how I react to it
1g was the dose everyone ran for years with great results as well. I mean I am not sure if I can even tell the difference between 1g - 2g. Better to start off lower and move up if necessary.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Been waiting 2 weeks and it still hasn't even reached Canada yet. So I'm almost over the product by now lol

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1g was the dose everyone ran for years with great results as well. I mean I am not sure if I can even tell the difference between 1g - 2g. Better to start off lower and move up if necessary.
MN says 1.5 g is what they used in their last study (think it's still unpublished), so I'd go with 1.5 g if possible.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MN says 1.5 g is what they used in their last study (think it's still unpublished), so I'd go with 1.5 g if possible.
Word. I was just pointing out that 1g is still effective. I do usually run 1.5g though.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone keep their dietary ARA a little lower when supplementing with it? Cut back on eggs etc?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does anyone keep their dietary ARA a little lower when supplementing with it? Cut back on eggs etc?
Definitely not, some people even increase it.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established

Oh really

sespress

Awards
Thank you for taking the time to provide some clarity
Yes this was a good counter argument to what was presented earlier. I think the whole Dr. Google thing happens alot these days. It's easy to think you've got a handle on the chemistry and biology involved but really you probably don't. And I've read health advice that is even wackier on other parts of the net - how's about eating chalk to get your Calcium levels up? I remember a website that actually suggested chalk in a capsul for the elderly to put Calcium levels back up. They suggested that new bone mineralization would occur completely, in just a few weeks, reversing years of osteoporosis! I wondered if chalk sales had risen enough for new investment choices. If only that'd be so simple.

sespress

Awards
This is true. The only thing I stick to forever is creatine multis and whey. Everything else like test boosters or whatever it may be I'll take for a couple months and stop for a while
Best served with moderation. A concept to live by for certain. Everything in excess is bad. Supps more so than other things but even excessive workout activities of a certain type cause problems. Too much power lifting is bad for the joints. Even too much golf may be bad for your hips/back.