Anyone taking D-Ribose?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doing a lot of research on this and it seems to be a nice addition for cardio health and overall energy, with people stating noticeable benefits before activity. I ordered some to try out but I was curious about anyone's personal experiences with it.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Doing a lot of research on this and it seems to be a nice addition for cardio health and overall energy, with people stating noticeable benefits before activity. I ordered some to try out but I was curious about anyone's personal experiences with it.
The doses needed for the longevity and really quality effects are pretty high.. However if you use 2g's a day i've found my energy has VASTLY improved, i think it excels in the energy aspect.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are feeling that on only 2g? Most studies I have seen mention 15 grams which would be around a ~tablespoon. Doesn't seem bad from an ingestion standpoint.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
You are feeling that on only 2g? Most studies I have seen mention 15 grams which would be around a ~tablespoon. Doesn't seem bad from an ingestion standpoint.
Exactly 15g and most companies try to sell people 250mg caps for 30 days.. quite sad. It could be a life saver if it weren't a wallet killer, but hey that's how things work. But yes I ramped up and at 2g's is when i started feeling the energy but i stack with bioperine, naringen, niacin and a whole bunch of absorption enhancers.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I buy bulk so it is cheap. Interested to check this out and see how it aids my staple energy supps, l-tyrosine and rhodiola.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly 15g and most companies try to sell people 250mg caps for 30 days.. quite sad. It could be a life saver if it weren't a wallet killer, but hey that's how things work. But yes I ramped up and at 2g's is when i started feeling the energy but i stack with bioperine, naringen, niacin and a whole bunch of absorption enhancers.
It's been shown to improve muscle recovery and prevent cramping in racehorses at 30-50g per day (~10-15g or so for humans).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25789547

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for the knowledge

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I buy bulk so it is cheap. Interested to check this out and see how it aids my staple energy supps, l-tyrosine and rhodiola.
What bulk supplier do you use?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, only two days in on 15g and first observation is that it is very easy to take- mixes well and no taste. Second is that I am in the middle of a DC routine and getting to the point like I always do on this routine where I start dragging and having a hard time recovering. I noticed that from the second dose that I am actually carrying energy through the day without having to drink coffee or take rhodiola to stay going after the gym. It's not energy like I took something, just that I don't crave a nap.

Gonna keep an eye on this stuff. So far so good.