Anyone Taking Nattokinase?

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
After reading what Dante Trudell and others have written about nattokinase, I decided it's worth taking. I'm only taking relatively small doses, 2000FU twice per day,

It just seems like you have to be careful with this stuff since it has blood thinning properties. I take a lot of other things that have mild blood thinning properties like CoQ10, Krill Oil, and Cordyceps, etc.

I'm just wondering how you can decide if the very mild blood thinning ability of these supplements could add up to something more significant when taking nattokinase.

Anyone else taking it, and do you adjust your other supplements to accomodate it?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did but have since switched to lumbrokinase

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
would not combine with anything else that thins the blood, especially aspirin. Are you inquiring for general heart health, or do you have a specific issue that you are thinking of using it for?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Studies show that nattokinase dissolves blood clots — which helps maintain good blood vessel structure, improves blood flow, and lowers the risk of heart disease. It can also help lower your blood pressure, reducing strain on the heart that can lead to heart attacks.

Dick-Hertz

Dick-Hertz

Awards
12000FU a day, yes... Studies show "lower doses" doesn't have the "anti-atherosclerosis" effect.
If Im taking it I want it to count...

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you are willing to spend a little more money, look into Leviathan Nutrition Hemo Flow. It also doubles up as a pump product.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes. I have no issues clotting wounds on Nattokinase, Ubiquinol, Pine Bark, Arjuna, Curcumin, etc combined.

Most only need 2,000fu/100mg daily though, and that is what I take year round. If I was recovering from COVID19 or some other high clot scenario, that’s when I would be taking 2 doses a day.

would not combine with anything else that thins the blood, especially aspirin. Are you inquiring for general heart health, or do you have a specific issue that you are thinking of using it for?
This is what you would replace an 81mg baby aspirin with for longterm use that won’t harm the gut.

12000FU a day, yes... Studies show "lower doses" doesn't have the "anti-atherosclerosis" effect.
If Im taking it I want it to count...
Maybe for anti-atherogenic effects, but the clot dissipation effects are realized at a mere 2,000fu/100mg cap per day.

If you are willing to spend a little more money, look into Leviathan Nutrition Hemo Flow. It also doubles up as a pump product.
That product is wildly overpriced. You could buy SNS Blood Pressure Support XT off DPS and get the same dose of Ameal Peptides & Vit C, along with efficacious doses of both grape seed & pine bark in lieu of the dihydroquercetin, for $25 less.

Use that money to buy a 270ct bottle of Drs Best Nattokinase and then save $25 PER MONTH for the next 8 months, for a superior stack. Or at least 4 months if you insist on using 4,000fu. Either way, that’s $1-200/year you could put toward other staples.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After reading what Dante Trudell and others have written about nattokinase, I decided it's worth taking. I'm only taking relatively small doses, 2000FU twice per day,

It just seems like you have to be careful with this stuff since it has blood thinning properties. I take a lot of other things that have mild blood thinning properties like CoQ10, Krill Oil, and Cordyceps, etc.

I'm just wondering how you can decide if the very mild blood thinning ability of these supplements could add up to something more significant when taking nattokinase.

Anyone else taking it, and do you adjust your other supplements to accomodate it?
I've taken it for at least the last 10 years daily as an adjuct to TRT. I haven't adjusting anything related to taking it.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did but have since switched to lumbrokinase
What brand you using? Only one I saw that people spoke highly of was $100 a bottle. I have NOTHING against chinese companies but Doctors Best was sold to a Chinese company and they unnecessarily started adding maltodextrin after it was not used before

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What brand you using? Only one I saw that people spoke highly of was $100 a bottle. I have NOTHING against chinese companies but Doctors Best was sold to a Chinese company and they unnecessarily started adding maltodextrin after it was not used before
Did you notice in any profiles if maltodextrin has replaced any previous ingredient, or purely an addition by your observation?

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve used Dr Mercola brand lumbro before. $40 a bottle for 30 capsules. They’re 40mg, which at the time seemed to be one of the higher dosed brands. And they claim the capsules are delayed release which seems to be important so stomach acid doesn’t break it down. Apparently that stuff is much more effective at actually dissolving clots, but it’s expensive af. And from my recollection you need to dose it at 80+ mg at a minimum. Seems to be good stuff, but these days I just stick with natto.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Double woods Lumbrokinase

We take yearly bloods with the FD (and I take bloods twice a year for my Dr.

My panel came back with the FD and my total cholesterol came down 11pt and ldl was down 7pt.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Double woods Lumbrokinase

We take yearly bloods with the FD (and I take bloods twice a year for my Dr.

My panel came back with the FD and my total cholesterol came down 11pt and ldl was down 7pt.
Looks pretty good.
.... And affordable.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the feedback on this.

I'm probably overthinking how I take this, but I wanted to err on the cautious side.

Since I'm taking this more as a preventative, I'll probably just take 4,000 units first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

That way I can always take any supplements with potential blood thinning properties at the end of the day.

I think they say nattokinase has a half life of 4-6 hours.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Doctor's Best does seem like a shady company, although I admit I use several of their products. I've always liked that they use patented versions of some of their supplements. They also got sued a few years ago over their Glucosamine. From what I read they settled the case. Not sure if that means they were guilty or if settling was just the easiest path to take.

dcittadini

Awards
I also use Doctor's Best Natto-Sera twice daily specifically for clotting prevention. I know they have been bought by a chinese company, but so many others' raws come from there anyways. Testing is the most important thing. I try to stick to licensed extracts from said companies, I placebo'd myself into believing that is a safeguard and will now refuse to read any follow-ups to this thread ; )

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The thing about Nattokinase is that it’s incredibly cheap. That is why it is a good alternative to baby aspirin - this is not a typical expensive niche supplement. Nattokinase is derived from soy products and available extremely affordably across the developed world. This is the last product in a lineup with any incentive to cut/skimp on.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just recently bought a D3/K2 combination (suggested by many due to apparent synergism) from a retailer named Micro Ingredients, from whom I've purchased in the past. I purchased 600 capsules having D3 @ 5000IU and 100 mcg of K2 for less than $40. I will either double up the pills (most suggest 180 mcg of K2) or add powdered nattokinase that I purchased as bulk powder.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just recently bought a D3/K2 combination (suggested by many due to apparent synergism) from a retailer named Micro Ingredients, from whom I've purchased in the past. I purchased 600 capsules having D3 @ 5000IU and 100 mcg of K2 for less than $40. I will either double up the pills (most suggest 180 mcg of K2) or add powdered nattokinase that I purchased as bulk powder.
Yeah I think 180mcg of k2 is the standard dose. It functions a little different to the natto though, if youre thinking adding the latter will beef up the lower k2 dose (?)...

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Damn been taking natto Serra from doctors best for years along with more of their products. Thought they were supposed to be a trusted brand. Guess maybe I should stick with Jarrow and or soloray

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah I think 180mcg of k2 is the standard dose. It functions a little different to the natto though, if youre thinking adding the latter will beef up the lower k2 dose (?)...
My thougt was to use them together, one use in addition to (to support and supplement) the other. But, thank you.