Anybody watchin Olympic Hockey?

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
But he really wasn't what would be called a pure goal scorer.

Only because his playmaking abilities were far and above anything else he did.
Then I'm confused, then what is a pure goal scorer if that isn't???

jecko

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Then I'm confused, then what is a pure goal scorer if that isn't???

jecko
Pure goal scorers are those who continually score each and every season. I'm not saying Gretzky wasn't a good goal scorer but to me he's not one fo those guys you automatically think of. Mainly, as I said, because his playmaking (assists???) abilities were far and above his goal scoring.

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
Pure goal scorers are those who continually score each and every season. I'm not saying Gretzky wasn't a good goal scorer but to me he's not one fo those guys you automatically think of. Mainly, as I said, because his playmaking (assists???) abilities were far and above his goal scoring.
Gretz scored tons every year but yes his playmaking abilities were amazing and overshadowed it.....the one guy who was an unreal goal scorer in Junior who I played with was Jamie Langenbrunner....I really thought he'd score more in the Show......actually same with O'Neil for that matter, we played together for AAA summer hockey and in 23 games he had something ridiculous like 66 goals......not bad though cause I had about 50 assists:icon_lol:

jecko