Any Interest in Pump Products?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does anyone still have interest in stim-free pump products? If you could formulate a product, what would it look like?

I am considering designing a new one, but looking for some feedback on what you guys like.

Thanks! :)

madmuscle24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
hydromax 4-5 grams
agmatine sulfate 2 grams
amentoflavone 20% 200mg
peak02 2 grams
Decent dose of potassium nitrate ( works better than other nitrates for me personally).
l citruline 4-6 grams( I know you don’t like ag and cit combo but from personal experience it just seems to work better for me).
beta alanine at 3.2 grams at least.
betaine anhydrous 2.5 grams at least.

i Typically use this combo or something similar with tianeptine, kratom, or in a stim pre.

ChilledFaith

Awards
I would definitely include nitrosigine in any formula, I have separate caps of it I always include, works very well for me!

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe just a few stims? ;)

I think even a light dose of stimulant can really improve a training session - particularly if the pre workout includes focus ingredients. Are there any stimulants that don't act as vasoconstrictors, or perhaps have vasodilation effects? I think low-stim, pump and focus pre-workout is an underdeveloped segment.

Ingredients I'd like to see in pump pre would be:

Agmatine sulfate
Citruline
Glycerol
Amentopump/flavone
A high quality pomegranate extract
Epicatechin
Alpha-GPC
Tyrosine
Lion's Mane
Huperzine
Beta Alanine

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely have interest in non stim pre workout. I mainly workout in the AM and get caffeine from my morning coffee so I think a non stim pump option. Some ingredients I look for are:

L-Citrulline
Betaine Anhydrous
Glycerol
Agmatine Sulfte
Beet Root
Arginine Nitrate

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Caps. Nitrosigine and nitrates

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i love pump products ..something unique maybe pump/muscle builder.

Agmatine 1g
Nitrosigine
Beta-Anahydrous
-(-)epi
mediator PA ( allmax does this with eaa amino but very low dosage )

short and simple would be great and cost effective still

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't respond to nitrosigine. at least it does absolutely nothing different effects wise, when combo'd with these other ingredients.

If you can, try it on its own and tell me if you notice it. I can not.

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don't respond to nitrosigine. at least it does absolutely nothing different effects wise, when combo'd with these other ingredients.

If you can, try it on its own and tell me if you notice it. I can not.
I think I’m leaning this way too. Same goes for S7, VasoDrive-ap, fitNox and other branded pump ingredients Vaso6 is a possible exception as I seem to respond well to it and the branded glycerol ingredients are definite exceptions, as I find them very effective.

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You grow larger muscles by forcing blood and nutrients into the muscle via the pump. The bigger the pump the better
But it’s temporary like an actual pump I thought

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Please no clumping or clumpy ingredients! Glycerol can totally be skipped here. It’s just too inconvenient for the general population of users.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok
thanks. I guess I just never noticed a difference after the pump was gone
I’ve played around with some pump products. Personally, I don’t care for them too much. I don’t really notice any benefits versus any regular preworkout. But they do have benefits.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Please no clumping or clumpy ingredients! Glycerol can totally be skipped here. It’s just too inconvenient for the general population of users.
I don't want a less effective product because of some clumping. I want the most effective product possible regardless of taste and consistency.

The large majority of users are going to want whatever product brings the most results and are not caring about the clumping if it means they're making progress

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I’ve played around with some pump products. Personally, I don’t care for them too much. I don’t really notice any benefits versus any regular preworkout. But they do have benefits.
The benifits are getting a better pump and the bonus benefits is that you don't have to put any stimulants in your body.

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used 2 pump products a few years back, PES high volume which I thought was pretty good and Mike's first pump product which gave me insane pumps and vascularity. I haven't used them since then. I wanted to see what everyone was talking about. At some point the pumps got painful and I had to cut the workouts short until I adjusted the dosing.
I wouldn't mind another spin with MA Pump.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I highly disagree.............why do people think clumping is such an issue? just put it in water and shake it up......problem solved
I agree , glycerol is amazing but people will complain and they dont want to take a second and break off the clump lol

CEL had an amazing pump product w/ 65% glycerol .. and i remember the complaints .. those who aren't knowledgeable have a mindset " this is a bad product .. expired ..going bad " heard it all

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't want a less effective product because of some clumping. I want the most effective product possible regardless of taste and consistency.

The large majority of users are going to want whatever product brings the most results and are not caring about the clumping if it means they're making progress
This is what you would think, but surprisingly many consider a taste of a PWO for example as an important - even deciding - factor.

Last edited:
ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree , glycerol is amazing but people will complain and they dont want to take a second and break off the clump lol

CEL had an amazing pump product w/ 65% glycerol .. and i remember the complaints .. those who aren't knowledgeable have a mindset " this is a bad product .. expired ..going bad " heard it all
I miss Super Swole!

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is what you would think, but surprisingly many consider a taste of a PWO for example as an important - even deciding - factor.
I was thinking this. Obviously most guys we talk to here prefer results to taste. But a majority of people? Not even close.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
People who care more about taste then making progress....

But yes I get what you're saying

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Glycerol is a great ingredient but the clumping is terrible. Even the forms that claim to not clump still do; they may clump less than regular glycerol but they still clump. That's why we decided just to offer GlycerPump in capsules as a convenient way that people can GlycerPump with the pre-workout of their choice rather than risk having issues with another product with it in there.

Super Swole was a great product and the new version will be an even better product. But yes, we had to remove the GlycerPump because of the clumping issues.

Those of us who know supplements and know the versions of Glycerol know about the clumping and how to remedy it but I can understand average general consumers being concerned about it because they just don't know. And then, even if put something on the label about it, they're still leery of it because it doesn't fit their idea of what is 'normal'.

I miss Super Swole!
You'll be very happy soon :)

The powder version should be out by the end of the year and we will also have a surprise coming up very very soon.

It’s getting reformulated. Sounded like it’ll be back soon.
That is correct; thank you. The reformulation part is done, we are just trying to get the flavors the way we want them.

As being discussed in this thread also, flavor is so important now days. The formula we have for the new version of Super Swole is fantastic but it has some really hard to flavor ingredients in it so its been a heck of a process to get it tasting right.

It should definitely be back out by the end of the year, hopefully sooner.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was thinking this. Obviously most guys we talk to here prefer results to taste. But a majority of people? Not even close.
You both are absolutely correct.

Here on AM people are more results oriented but for the general consumer, they want something that is pleasant to drink and tastes good; not just acceptable, but good. You can see evidence of that by how some companies do limited release flavors so much or partner with well-known flavor brands and things like that. And I'm not knocking the companies because they're doing what they're in business to do and making money and giving people what they want.

It just can be very limiting when going for a great flavor because certain ingredients can taste so bad or have such strong flavors that a company may can get them acceptable but is never going to get them tasting but so good. From my side and knowing how this works and how the various ingredients taste, its easy to see why some of the better selling pre's choose the ingredients that they do because its all about going for ingredients that they can actually make taste good. No point in them paying a premium to partner with say ICEE for example and then have the product taste terrible anyway.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Still have a tub of MA Pump, and other non stim pres. They get ignored because I'd rather just toss glycerol and cit malate in a cup with a sip or two of an energy drink.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I highly disagree.............why do people think clumping is such an issue? just put it in water and shake it up......problem solved
Bingo Bango

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Because the average person opens up the container and thinks they got old spoiled junk. It does NOT matter how much you explain to them, even ahead of them opening it, they still think something is wrong with it. Returns on glycerol containing powders is much higher than non.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That is the fist question 90% of my customers ask. Not "What are the ingredients? How do they work? Are they dosed properly? Nope, I get, "Does it taste good? Have you used it?"

You have heard the term, "low information voters" well some of them buy supps too lol.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
How many great ingredients never see production cause they cannot be masked enough to make the cut? I bet a whole bunch of them...

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
...unless you eliminate or minimize additional hygroscopic ingredients. Then it doesn't clump. GlycerPump, when sitting alone in an airtight jar, will never clump. It's only when it's added to hygroscopic ingredients that it can start to clump up. There are options here. :)

Last edited:

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That's exactly what they think. I can't even tell you how many emails I've received over the years with people saying the product went bad...or expired. This is why I now explain (in BIG BOLD LETTERS right on the product page) that the glycerol within the product WILL cause clumping, but that it does not impair the effectiveness of the product. I want to make sure people know this BEFORE buying it, but I still receive emails saying the same thing. :)

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I do respect a lot of your knowledge and insight on these threads, just want to explain my view a little. I just don’t see it as a majority of users accepting clumping. I like glycerol but I’ve had too many products turn from a little clumpy to almost a syrup like gloopy mess at the bottom. That’s a bridge too far. I also tend to share workout drinks to my wife and au pair if they want a morning workout, and clumps inside the tub are very unappealing to a casual consumer!

Just providing some different feedback here, Mike asked for opinions

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I do respect a lot of your knowledge and insight on these threads, just want to explain my view a little. I just don’t see it as a majority of users accepting clumping. I like glycerol but I’ve had too many products turn from a little clumpy to almost a syrup like gloopy mess at the bottom. That’s a bridge too far. I also tend to share workout drinks to my wife and au pair if they want a morning workout, and clumps inside the tub are very unappealing to a casual consumer!

I agree with you on this. No matter how hard companies try to educate consumers on clumping, 99% of general consumers are always going to think that clumping equals something being wrong with a product and I can understand from their perspective.

It's something that I definitely keep in mind with formulations myself.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

No I got you, in the bigger scheme of things are definitely right. Sometimes I forget that these supplements sell to people outside the forums. I personally just want the results and most of the guys/gals I work with or work out with are in a similar boat. But I forget that we make up a very small portion of the population. At the same time tho, how many soccer moms or fit chicks or even the guys who work out for general fitness are looking at pump products tho.

I could be wrong but I feel like a pump product is something that someone buys because they have a very specific goal in mind vs. Everyone in their mother who buys pre-workouts and stuff like that.

Serious question, are non-stim pump products a big seller to the general population cuz I don't feel like they are I feel like it's kind of a niche crowd

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Serious question, are non-stim pump products a big seller to the general population cuz I don't feel like they are I feel like it's kind of a niche crowd
They are definitely more of a niche crowd. That niche does exist outside of the forums in the general health customer space which is why the flavor is so important, but overall stimulant based pre-workouts are exponentially more popular.

Here on the forums, we see a lot of people that either want stim free or high stim - those are the two groups that generally dominate the conversations; but in the general space, the big sellers are always the low to moderate dosed stim products that appeal to the average general customer that wants stims but isn't very stim tolerant so they don't need anything extreme.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
...unless you eliminate or minimize additional hygroscopic ingredients. Then it doesn't clump. GlycerPump, when sitting alone in an airtight jar, will never clump. It's only when it's added to hygroscopic ingredients that it can start to clump up. There are options here. :)
Or stick to liquid for that ingredient

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
They are definitely more of a niche crowd. That niche does exist outside of the forums in the general health customer space which is why the flavor is so important, but overall stimulant based pre-workouts are exponentially more popular.

Here on the forums, we see a lot of people that either want stim free or high stim - those are the two groups that generally dominate the conversations; but in the general space, the big sellers are always the low to moderate dosed stim products that appeal to the average general customer that wants stims but isn't very stim tolerant so they don't need anything extreme.
I've noticed that too, the all or nothing stim crowds.

It seems like on the forums people are looking for a pre-workout that hits like Cocaine lol, I think a lot of people also have a misconception that the more cracked out you are on Stims the better of a workout you're going to have and in reality it's probably the total opposite.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How would that work, you have to have all the ingredients be liquid in a pump product wouldn't you. You can't have one ingredient be liquid in the other 12 be powder
🤦