Anastrozole (tradename Arimidex) and its impact on CYP3A4 and liver function

living2die

living2die

Awards
Hello,
This question applies to anyone currently taking anastrozole (tradename Arimidex). The research on anastrozole clearly shows that anastrozole inhibits the CYP3A4 class of liver enzyme. Just a little background, CYP3A4 is the primary complex involved in the metabolism of xeno compounds(synthetically produced compounds, not found in nature).

I have found that even while taking a smallish dose of less than .5mg per week, even a cup of coffee seems to give me a bit more rev, and desired effects are much more pervasive and long lasting.

I am fully aware of the possibility that the two events are non-related, but the science does "in theory" reveal a link between increased duration of biological effects of various xenogenic compounds due to co-administration of CYP3A4 inhibitors (in this case, anastrozole).

I am too lazy right now to look up the studies, but if you just perform the google search "CYP3A4 inhibitor anastrozole" that will take you to the source.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took arimidex for a very long time and it's horrible on lipids. I switched to aromasin and overall just feel better on it too. I never really liked arimidex at all.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I took arimidex for a very long time and it's horrible on lipids. I switched to aromasin and overall just feel better on it too. I never really liked arimidex at all.
Armidex has been known to mess with a males lipids even when their estradiol was in proper check. It has also been shown to decrease igf-1 significantly. Peoples igf-1's have double since they discontinued it. Aromasin has more sparing rebound effect, may not effects lipids or igf-1 levels as compared to arimdex.

getalpha

Awards
Just about to make the switch to Aromasin actually, the rebound effect on E for me with arimidex sucks

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Just about to make the switch to Aromasin actually, the rebound effect on E for me with arimidex sucks
I have found it can take from 1 day to 12 weeks or more to rebound back from adex.

getalpha

Awards
I have found it can take from 1 day to 12 weeks or more to rebound back from adex.
It's quick for me luckily so the transition should be relatively quick.

I took my E from 255 to <35 in 5 days. That took about a week to come back to normal ranges.

Now I more or less am within optimal range most of the time

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
It's quick for me luckily so the transition should be relatively quick.

I took my E from 255 to <35 in 5 days. That took about a week to come back to normal ranges.

Now I more or less am within optimal range most of the time
Please make sure your Dr is doing the sensitive test if it is available. This is the preferred test for estrodial. Different countries have limitations

getalpha

Awards
Yeah doing the standard Australian one, Oestradiol, from what I've seen it's the correct one.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Armidex has been known to mess with a males lipids even when their estradiol was in proper check. It has also been shown to decrease igf-1 significantly. Peoples igf-1's have double since they discontinued it. Aromasin has more sparing rebound effect, may not effects lipids or igf-1 levels as compared to arimdex.
I can personally back up both of the above statements with real life experiences.

hitest

Awards
Please make sure your Dr is doing the sensitive test if it is available. This is the preferred test for estrodial. Different countries have limitations
Great thread - very apropos for me now.

Yeah, but watch out for Quest's ultra sensitive test. I heard that they sometimes screw it up and after my last results I really believe it. Fortunately at the same time I also got their free estradiol test which also reports a total E2. Check out the details on my last posting on the Free estrogen testing thread.