Anastrozole mono-therapy vs TRT?

HelloJo

Awards
Hi everyone,

Newbie question here, I hope y'all don't mind.

Has anyone used anastrozole as a mono-therapy? Or heard success stories?

After I had my first TRT injection a bit back, in the first week I felt amazing, however in the second week I crashed terribly. After the second injection, the exact same thing. (note - I know I should be doing more frequently, just doing what my doc has prescribed, also they only have 250 ml single use in Thailand where I am living).

However ...

After the second injection crash started kicking in, I took anastrozole, and within the same day, I felt so much better.

I am now wondering if E2 has been my issue all along. I had my estrogen checked in 2016 and it was 28 (reasonable), but there is no denying that within a few days of tasking the anastrozole (25 mg a day), I feel great – libido is back, energy is great, good mood.

I’d rather not be on TRT if I don’t have to be, and I'm only 2 injections in so I could ease off it now, however obviously I'm not adverse to remaining on it if I need to for best results.

Could I try anastrozole mono-therapy? Should I discontinue TRT to try the anastrozole on its own, or is in fact the anastrozole working so well because of the TRT? Any thoughts would be awesome.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Doubt anastrozole by itself would do a whole lot for you if your testosterone is low enough to have you on trt. You could split the trt twice a week with some anastrozole as needed and see how you feel. If you don’t want trt, then I’d try to work with your doctor to find a different route such as a restart protocol.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
if you dont like trt do like anabolic states,,, try a restart with clomid. anastrazol solo wont help your libido for long. On clomid you should start to feel normal after a few months

HelloJo

Awards
Doubt anastrozole by itself would do a whole lot for you if your testosterone is low enough to have you on trt. You could split the trt twice a week with some anastrozole as needed and see how you feel. If you don’t want trt, then I’d try to work with your doctor to find a different route such as a restart protocol.
Thanks for that. My T was actually good. I doubled it by just moving to Thailand (sun I guess, less stress), to 600, but I still had symptoms which were resolved (for a week) after my first shot. Not a low level, but symptoms sucked, so I'm not wondering about E2.

if you dont like trt do like anabolic states,,, try a restart with clomid. anastrazol solo wont help your libido for long. On clomid you should start to feel normal after a few months
Interesting. It was opposite for me. Clomiphene had me feeling great for about 2 weeks (25 mg a day) then really eased off (symptoms return). Maybe the same will happen with the anastrozole.