AnaBeta Elite+Erase Pro+Alphamine+D-pol/Test Powder

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The new macro breakdown looks good to me. If you start feeling low on energy or weak in the gym you might consider throwing in 1-2 high carb days per week.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
The new macro breakdown looks good to me. If you start feeling low on energy or weak in the gym you might consider throwing in 1-2 high carb days per week.
^^^def agree here,

Macros look better. You're on the right track bud.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I hit 4k calories on refeed day...how much of that should be carbs and how much should be fat? I know carbs will be high and fats low...protein the same?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I like a split of somewhere in the ballpark of

250/400/100or less
P/c/f

Others who may chime in as well.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like a split of somewhere in the ballpark of

250/400/100or less
P/c/f

Others who may chime in as well.
That pretty much keeps my macros the same except for carbs so it should be easy to measure. Thanks Bean!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I like a split of somewhere in the ballpark of 250/400/100or lessP/c/fOthers who may chime in as well.
I try to hit those exact numbers daily! Yay Bulking

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So today is an off day. I noticed last night that my veins are really popping in my arms and I've got some definition in my calves that I've never had before.

Here's a sneak peak ;-)

ForumRunner_20130427_091255.png

ForumRunner_20130427_091811.png

ForumRunner_20130427_091850.png

I just took these after I woke up this morning. I feel harder and looker dryer. Tell me if you think the same or that I'm just wishful thinking. Tomorrow I'll check my weight and then refeed. I don't think I've ever been so excited to spend a day eating! :-D

Profion

Awards
how much you weight, i dunno but thats kind of alot of supplement for the weight your lifting. I would add in more meat :p

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how much you weight, i dunno but thats kind of alot of supplement for the weight your lifting. I would add in more meat :p
Last I checked I was 186 a week ago. Thanks for the advice but I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Since today is an off day, I'm going to raise fats to .8/lb body weight and lower carbs to stay around 2500Kcal...is this accurate thinking?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since today is an off day, I'm going to raise fats to .8/lb body weight and lower carbs to stay around 2500Kcal...is this accurate thinking?
That is what I usually do on off days. Higher fats and lower carbs a good amount. Calories may be a little lower on off days to for me personally.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's hard to say going off those super close-up shots, but yes I can definitely see that you look harder than before. It's not at all uncommon to wake up drier than when you go to bed. My abs generally look best in the morning, and progressively worse over the course of the day haha.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
It's hard to say going off those super close-up shots, but yes I can definitely see that you look harder than before. It's not at all uncommon to wake up drier than when you go to bed. My abs generally look best in the morning, and progressively worse over the course of the day haha.
I'm the exact same way lol

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wasn't going to put any pics up until the first 4 weeks was done. But I was stoked about the vein poppage!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Keep them coming. The more veins the better lol. I'm the same way bud!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FOOD
Calories: 2556
Protein: 252
Carbs: 90
Fats: 130

I think I might be getting the hang of this diet thing.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BODY STATS
Weight: 183.6 (-2.8)
Chest: 41 (+.5)
Arms: 15 (-)
Forearms : 13 (+.25)
Shoulders: 48 (-)
Hips: 40 (-)
Thigh: 24 (-.25)
Calves: 16 (-.25)

I expected the loss in size but was surprised at the gains, especially in forearms. Can't say I'm complaining. Overall I'm happy with the way I'm looking. No progress in the waist size which is strange because rbrb my wife says I look leaner and my abs are popping more. Anyway, I definitely feel good about where my diet is and will continue with it. Next week I'll readjust macros based on new weight.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The weight difference and measurements definitely show that there's some nice recomping going on here!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks classy, I definitely feel more dialed in than ever before. I think once I get my workout tweaked a little more I'm gonna start seeing some great results...finally!

As for my refeed...I'd say it was a success for the most part. My youngest daughter had her 5yo bday party today which involved hamburgers and hotdogs. So my fat intake was a little heavier that I had expected. I didn't quite reach 4k cals but it wasn't for lack of trying lol.

FOOD
Calories: 3691
Protein: 215
Carbs: 307
Fats: 172

I'm ready to get back in the gym tomorrow and turn my legs to jello.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To jello they shall turn with all of those carbs in you!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BODY STATS
Weight: 183.6 (-2.8)
Chest: 41 (+.5)
Arms: 15 (-)
Forearms : 13 (+.25)
Shoulders: 48 (-)
Hips: 40 (-)
Thigh: 24 (-.25)
Calves: 16 (-.25)

I expected the loss in size but was surprised at the gains, especially in forearms. Can't say I'm complaining. Overall I'm happy with the way I'm looking. No progress in the waist size which is strange because rbrb my wife says I look leaner and my abs are popping more. Anyway, I definitely feel good about where my diet is and will continue with it. Next week I'll readjust macros based on new weight.
Waist and hips are different measurements. The waist is technically measured at the top of the abs/floating rib area and hips is around your ass. Ideally, take measurements on the same day and under the same conditions as they can be skewed depending on what you ate the previous day especially if you had a refeed/cheat meal the previous night.

DAG2013

Awards
Good progress, I am guessing that with diet getting dialed it'll get even better. I got my diet dialed in late last week as well, had a great chest day on Saturday, refeed on Sunday (2yr olds bday party), and a great squat day this morning. Adding in EPro today to my stack, needing to get dried out.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Waist and hips are different measurements. The waist is technically measured at the top of the abs/floating rib area and hips is around your ass. Ideally, take measurements on the same day and under the same conditions as they can be skewed depending on what you ate the previous day especially if you had a refeed/cheat meal the previous night.
I always measure my hips at the thickest part of my butt and waist I've always done around my love handles. I always measure as soon as I wake up on sunday morning before eating/drinking anything.

I also took your advice on switching up my exercises. Tell me what you think. I decided to stay with the same 1RM that I used last phase because I agree that I was going too heavy.

WORKOUT

Squats
180x3
205x3
230x5
*Could have done 1 more maybe 2

SLDL (first time doing theses...whew buddy)
95x15
100x15
105x15
*Everything tingled from my butt to my ankles

Leg Press (last time I did these I pulled something inner costal so was a little hesitant)
200x15
250x15
400x12
*Holy pumpage!

Standing calf raise
280x15
280x12
280x10
*60 second rest. Explode up and hold, controlled down.

Cardio - treadmill
20 min (inc 6 / spd 4) Walk
*Had the energy to run but I had so much blood in my legs I don't think I would've been able to move them fast enough lol.

OBSERVATIONS
Plenty of energy! No nausea! Really enjoyed the exercises today. I'm really starting to feel like I'm getting on the right track to see some major improvements. Thanks to everyone who has helped me to get here and for supporting me on this journey. You're truly the reason why I've gotten this far.

FOOD
Calories: 2495
Protein: 271
Carbs: 112
Fats: 104

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OFF DAY
No workout today so I'll be dropping carbs and increasing fats. Will try to hit between 2400-2500 calories.

Oh, and I've got a full case of the DOMS in legs and lower back. Lol, sounds like a disease when I put it that way. Definitely feeling good!

FOOD
Calories: 2418
Protein: 255
Carbs: 80
Fats: 112

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WORKOUT - CHEST

Bench Press
140x3
160x3
185x5

Incline DB Press (60s rest)
65x8
55x9
45x10
40x10
35x10

Chest Dips
BWx10
BWx10
BWx5 (+5 negs)
BW-40x10
BW-60x11

Cardio-Treadmill
10 min walk (inc 6 / spd 4)
10 min jog (no inc / spd 6)
10 min walk (inc 4 / spd 4)

OBSERVATIONS
As you can see I've been picking up some tips from Wendler's book. Reduced exercises to most important for me right now and increased sets/intensity (lowered rest times from 90s to 60s). I really felt like this workout was more productive than my others so I'm definitely keeping this setup.

SUPPLEMENTS: Sex drive is way up and I'm feeling significant dryness/stiffness in my neck vertebrae. It's definitely not musculature stiffness. So a good indication that test is up and estrogen is down? Comments would be appreciated.

*I'm DEFINITELY feeling some added aggression today.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SUPPLEMENTS: Sex drive is way up and I'm feeling significant dryness/stiffness in my neck vertebrae. It's definitely not musculature stiffness. So a good indication that test is up and estrogen is down? Comments would be appreciated.

*I'm DEFINITELY feeling some added aggression today.
Could be. Keep a close eye on that dryness. If it escalates you may want to reduce the Erase intake.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could be. Keep a close eye on that dryness. If it escalates you may want to reduce the Erase intake.
It only gets real noticeable on my off days. When I'm working out it's nothing. And it only seems to be in my neck. So I'll definitely pay attention to it to make sure it doesn't get worse.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finished Wendler's revised edition of 5/3/1. That's some good F'n stuff! My workouts are going to be revised to match his principles. Much like what they have been this week. I really like how fast I get done. 45 min of weight training and I blasted my pec major, minor, and tris all with 3 exercises. I'm really looking forward to doing the rest-pause variation as I finish my cut and move into a lean bulk.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good progress, I am guessing that with diet getting dialed it'll get even better. I got my diet dialed in late last week as well, had a great chest day on Saturday, refeed on Sunday (2yr olds bday party), and a great squat day this morning. Adding in EPro today to my stack, needing to get dried out.
How are you liking the Erase Pro? Definitely seeing and feeling results after a week and a half. I keep getting compliments from the wife, but I think she knows it's what I want to hear lol. She'd probably say I was looking good even if I didn't because she knows how much work I've been putting into this. Gotta love 'er!

DAG2013

Awards
How are you liking the Erase Pro? Definitely seeing and feeling results after a week and a half. I keep getting compliments from the wife, but I think she knows it's what I want to hear lol. She'd probably say I was looking good even if I didn't because she knows how much work I've been putting into this. Gotta love 'er!
It's only been 3 days so its a little early to tell how that's working. Well other than pissing a lot.

Since I started 5/3/1 back in January my wife has been grabbing me more often. Im my own worse critic and Im even starting to get impressed by my numbers and progress. Keep at it.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FOOD
Calories: 2564
Protein: 266
Carbs: 116
Fats: 113

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WORKOUT - BACK

Deadlift
215x3
250x3
280x5
*I reset after every rep instead of doing a touch-and-go. This helps me to really focus on my form. I was able to do every rep with an overhand grip except for the last one I did reverse grip. Probably could have done 1 more.

Chins (definitely a weakness for me)
BWx5 (overhand grip)
BWx8 (reverse grip)
BWx4, BW-60x3, BW-80x3 (neutral grip)
BW-100x8 (neutral)
BW-100x10 (reverse)

One-arm DB rows
60x10x5

Cardio - Treadmill
20 min walk (inc 4 / spd 4)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you going to switch over to one of the assistance templates in the book or sticking with a muscle-based template? I like the switch you made on squat day.

Either way, the extra calories you've added into your diet lately are going to fuel your sessions and improve your recovery.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you going to switch over to one of the assistance templates in the book or sticking with a muscle-based template? I like the switch you made on squat day.

Either way, the extra calories you've added into your diet lately are going to fuel your sessions and improve your recovery.
The idea was to focus more on strength right now. That's why I picked exercises that he stated in the back of his book are the best for improving the core exercise. Do I need to change my rep/sets scheme to focus more on strength?

I couldn't believe how sore my hamstrings were/are from doing those SLDLs. Love it!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The idea was to focus more on strength right now. That's why I picked exercises that he stated in the back of his book are the best for improving the core exercise. Do I need to change my rep/sets scheme to focus more on strength?

I couldn't believe how sore my hamstrings were/are from doing those SLDLs. Love it!
If the focus is more of strength, then you'll want to shift the assistance lifts to hit the entire upper-body on bench and overhead press days. I personally think the Periodization Bible assistance template is the best one in the book.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If the focus is more of strength, then you'll want to shift the assistance lifts to hit the entire upper-body on bench and overhead press days. I personally think the Periodization Bible assistance template is the best one in the book.
Ah gotcha! I'll definitely make the adjustment. And I'm loving how I feel in the gym. Definitely a big improvement on energy and focus after adjusting my diet. No more nausea or sudden fatigue. I feel like I can hit every set with determination.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not looking specifically at the periodization template, but he does outline a 4 week phase that he claims is the best way to build strength and balance out any weaknesses. It goes like this:

Main exercise, assistance exercise at specific %s, then 1 exercise to target certain muscle groups that he says to just do 3 sets of 10-20.
(example)
Shoulder Press (5/3/1), close-grip bench 50%x10, 60%x10, 70%x10, lats, upper back, bis and tris.

So on this day I'd do something like:
Shoulder Press - 5/3/1
Close-grip Bench
50%x10
60%x10
70%x10
Kroc Rows (one-arm DB rows)
3x10-20
Shrugs
3x10-20
Chins
3x10-20
Dips
3x10-20

What do you think about that?

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FOOD
Calories: 2499
Protein: 267
Carbs: 90
Fats: 113

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WORKOUT - SHOULDERS

Press
90x3
100x3
115x4
*Widened my hands a little and now using a thumbless grip so my 1RM will be lower.

Cable Rows to Face
50x20
60x16
70x15

Seated Lat DB raise (supinated)
15x20
15x15
15x15

HS Leverage Shrugs
270x22
270x20
270x17

Cardio - Treadmill
10 min walk (inc 6 / spd 4) HR 155
10 min jog (no inc / spd 6) HR 175
10 min walk (inc 4 / spd 4) HR 145

OBSERVATIONS
I will be changing my routine to follow Wendler's strength building template next week. So I decided to just give my shoulders a good pump today. There's definitely a HUGE difference in my energy levels at the end of this week compared to last week. I felt like I could just keep going and I felt like my HR recovered very quickly after my jog (it dropped into the 140s in less than a minute). Diet has definitely made a significant difference in my performance and overall state of well-being. I'm sure supplements are assisting with this too but I know for certain that if I didn't have my diet dialed in, the assistance would be minimal.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not looking specifically at the periodization template, but he does outline a 4 week phase that he claims is the best way to build strength and balance out any weaknesses. It goes like this:Main exercise, assistance exercise at specific %s, then 1 exercise to target certain muscle groups that he says to just do 3 sets of 10-20.(example)Shoulder Press (5/3/1), close-grip bench 50%x10, 60%x10, 70%x10, lats, upper back, bis and tris.So on this day I'd do something like:Shoulder Press - 5/3/1Close-grip Bench50%x1060%x1070%x10Kroc Rows (one-arm DB rows)3x10-20Shrugs3x10-20Chins3x10-20Dips3x10-20What do you think about that?
You'll need to work up to that amount of compound volume. I'd start off with the first four lifts you listed and then an isolation lift (biceps or triceps) as the final lift.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'll need to work up to that amount of compound volume. I'd start off with the first four lifts you listed and then an isolation lift (biceps or triceps) as the final lift.
So instead of chins and dips just do like EZ bar curls or DB curls? And then tris on chest day? Next week is my 5/3/1 week and then my deload. You think I'll be ready for the full template starting my next phase?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So instead of chins and dips just do like EZ bar curls or DB curls? And then tris on chest day? Next week is my 5/3/1 week and then my deload. You think I'll be ready for the full template starting my next phase?
I prefer hammer curls since it'll help to hit the forearms as well. I hit everything except for biceps twice per week and especially focus on lats and triceps.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I prefer hammer curls since it'll help to hit the forearms as well. I hit everything except for biceps twice per week and especially focus on lats and triceps.
That's the way this template is set up. The upper body exercises are done on Bench and Press day, lower body/core done on Squat and Deads day.

I have to say...I'm really freakin' excited to get into this program!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FOOD
Calories: 2480
Protein: 276
Carbs: 121
Fats: 95

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great detail in here brother. Been away but I'm all caught up. The measurement update is cool, keep up the good work!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great detail in here brother. Been away but I'm all caught up. The measurement update is cool, keep up the good work!
Thanks buddy, it's good to have you back!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been thinking about checkin out a few routines. Hear good things about Wendler's. I may have to do some research.