ALL this SYNTHA-6 talk--Is it that good?

Syntha 6--Dose it taste that good?

• Taste Just like a milkshake

Votes: 77 52.7%
  • Does not taste like a milkshake but still is the best tasting

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • Taste okay

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • I prefer other similar brand

Votes: 18 12.3%

• Total voters
RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I enjoyed it. Mixed well and tasted good.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Ultra Peptide 2 beats BSN's IMO. They are 2 great quality protein products though. But that UP banana cream is just too good. Tastes like those banana candies I used to eat when I was a little kid.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ultra Peptide 2 beats BSN's IMO. They are 2 great quality protein products though. But that UP banana cream is just too good. Tastes like those banana candies I used to eat when I was a little kid.
yeah UP2 banana cream blows musclemilk banana cream away, i used to think MM banana was bomb but i bought it again on sale after i used the UP2 and its just not the same anymore. Ive only tried the strawberry syntha6 because i thought its that damn good. jjohn have you tried the syntha6 banana yet? if so how does it compare?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
It's actually a really smooth protein powder. The chocolate milk-shake is the best! But for the price - I would rather buy ON Whey at twice the size.
It really DOES taste good, and a fair part of that is texture; however, if you compare the quantity needed for a given protein target between Syntha6 & ON (my go-to protein), you'll see you have to burn through more of the Syntha6 faster to keep your protein supplementation steady.

Bottom line: tastes great, but it's more expensive & you have to use more of it...which actually makes it *much* more expensive.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've gone through a tub of Syntha Choc., and 2 samples of Cookies'n'Cream. For some reason I prefer ON's 100% Choc. Casein over syntha, and didn't like CnC that much. I hear the strawberry and mocha to be pretty good though.

I'll be trying alot of Ultra Peptide from a trade with jjohn soon.

Brad2131

Awards
I love it. I have tried LOTS of different kinds. Most made me nautious. There is nothing better than wanting to throw up when you walk into school in the morning..NOT. Syntha 6 has been a life saver for me. Its only 8oz of milk 2 scoops= 44g of protein. The 8oz is awesome because so many proteins i have tried have been 16oz.

Can someone go a bit in depth about the type of protein like the multi thing? Like i know some people like different types of protein at different times.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Just bought some vanilla the other day, it's pretty good. I'll definitely use it for my night time shake.

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
Syntha 6 tastes great and mixes great too. But like others have said the cost is what keeps me from using it all the time.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
i have used it before and so has my training partner. it does taste really good, but my training partner is more sensitive to sodium than i am and he noticed he holds water prety bad when using syntha-6.
it has 190mg of sodium compared to 40mg in optimum nutrition 100% whey gold standard.
if you r sensitive to sodium and hold water easily i would steer clear of syntha-6

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
Short answer, it's really really good stuff.

--- snip ---

When I first started getting back into the gym this past March, Syntha-6 was the only thing that didn't taste like crap to me. It became my favorite (Chocolate), and I took advantage of the nutraplanet free shipping to get a bunch (I don't think they stock it any more).

I've recently tried Optimum Nutrition's whey which was very very very liquid compared to the syntha 6. BSN's definitely is thicker, and I'm sure some of the brighter folks around here can be quick to point out why.

But due to cost, I've switched to a couple 10lb boxes of Scivation's Whey which is thicker than ON, but not like Syntha 6.
As time goes on and I slowly got out of jumping for fast food all the time, and paid attention to what was actually going on. I really started to enjoy ON, but with the price of Scivation I had to switch (need to spend money on more important things like Prime!!!!).

I just finished off my last container of Syntha 6 at work today, and it's not my favorite anymore. Maybe I over did it, who knows. But it is good stuff, and the easiest to handle if you're used to eating all this cracked out fast food and working your way to a different diet. I still prefer ON, but will be sticking with Scivation for the forseeable future.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
i have used it before and so has my training partner. it does taste really good, but my training partner is more sensitive to sodium than i am and he noticed he holds water prety bad when using syntha-6.
it has 190mg of sodium compared to 40mg in optimum nutrition 100% whey gold standard.
if you r sensitive to sodium and hold water easily i would steer clear of syntha-6
that explains this ring of death around my wastline that's developed over the past few months. ive never had this problem before *searching for the angry face.... hmm*

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Syntha-6 is coming out with a few new flavors, includine Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Mint.

Also, there will be a Syntha-6 RTD available in early '09!

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
next to muscle milk,its the best tasting, maybe even as good with less calories, its good to switch up.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
its good. but you can get something similar for cheaper.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
Syntha-6 is coming out with a few new flavors, includine Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Mint.
they r already out brother. ive had chocolate peanut butter for about a month. it is awesome. in ur shake u get like little tiny pieces of crunchy chocolate. syntha-6 is excellent tasting probably the best i ever had. i switched for a month to see if it was any better but i have also noticed alot more water retention on it. so i will be going back to ON which has never done me wrong. don't get me wrong it is a very good protein.

Brad2131

Awards
because it is so expensive i am mixing a scoop of ON's new gold standard 100% whey with a scoop of syntha 6. That way i also get a slow release with a quick release.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
The ingredient profile of Syntha-6 can't hold a candle to Nitro Core 24, but as far as taste Syntha-6 is bangin!

Mocha is the best, IMO.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they r already out brother. ive had chocolate peanut butter for about a month. it is awesome. in ur shake u get like little tiny pieces of crunchy chocolate. syntha-6 is excellent tasting probably the best i ever had. i switched for a month to see if it was any better but i have also noticed alot more water retention on it. so i will be going back to ON which has never done me wrong. don't get me wrong it is a very good protein.
damn, i'm going to have to try that, i'm a sucker for chocolate peanut butter, been going with ultra peptide 2.0's choc pb lately, used to be muscle milk lite

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
I will never buy Syntha-6 again. I bought one tub of it about a year and a half ago because I heard from numerous people that it tastes amazing and blah blah blah. I got the "Mochaccino" flavor.

Personally, I think it sucks. It's waaay too sweet for me. And it is by FAR the worst mixing protein i've ever used...

Oh, and I still have some of it left. I use it as a last reserve....

larue38462

larue38462

Awards
I will never buy Syntha-6 again. I bought one tub of it about a year and a half ago because I heard from numerous people that it tastes amazing and blah blah blah. I got the "Mochaccino" flavor.

Personally, I think it sucks. It's waaay too sweet for me. And it is by FAR the worst mixing protein i've ever used...

Oh, and I still have some of it left. I use it as a last reserve....

You should check the date on your milk before you try to mix it again....it has always mixed great for me.

outspiral

Awards
are you serious? i mean, it tastes pretty good, but NOT worth paying double. plus it has maltodextrin, which is garbage that should, if anything, be in a post workout shake only.