Agression SD vs Tren

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
glen and i have been harassing each other since he joined. it all started with calf jokes (which we both lack) and progressed into whatever we could think of. as you can see, it's height ridicule season for me. december will bring a change. :)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
glen and i have been harassing each other since he joined. it all started with calf jokes (which we both lack) and progressed into whatever we could think of. as you can see, it's height ridicule season for me. december will bring a change. :)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
hahaha beelze and i aren't serious at all he's my boy (also my bitch)

beelze .. my calves are now 20 inches .. and by 20 i mean like 10

i've tried every technique in the book .. right now i'm hitting them roughly 2x a week with straight sets of 10-15 with heavy ass weight .. they actually are starting to show signs of improvement .. kind of

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
goddamnit, that's the same program i'm doing. we're not covering any major ground, lol. mine are still fighting to maintain 16.75". always has to be a 3" difference between arms and calves. i'll never understand it.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahahha you guys are hilarious :numbered: :stick:

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
i've never felt an increase in aggression on ANY type of gear

i just believe people with short fuses feel tough because they are on gear and they let themselves be bigger assholes
Agreed, people get in in their head that anabolics will give them "roid rage". Just having that makes them think it's ok for them to be dickheads cause later on they can just be like "my bad, its jut the steroids"

If anything, I feel better while on. Just overall well being and confidence.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup:

Word, Gear seems to bring out the ever so common case of "Little Man Syndrome." Learn to control your emotions, and don't pin blame on 'roid rage when you punch a wall and break your hand, you have nothing to blame but your own lack of common sense.
I strongly disagree. In some cases, roid rage can be explained as little assholes trying to feel cocky, but I have experienced it myself and increased aggression is real for some of us. I am naturally very laid back, but some things just set me off. I can control it, but it's stupid for me to deny it's existence. Just be glad you don't get it. Also, ask Bobo if he gets it! (lol)

high dose Test > Halo > SD > Tren

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea i dont quite understand how some people can say its just us tryin to be an asshole and make an excuse for it. If you ask me thats an ignorant statement. Certain methyls just get my aggitated quickly. Ive never once came out and blatenly blamed it on the compound. Im just saying that SD at higher dose does this to me. :numbered:

Danl4560

Awards
I strongly disagree. In some cases, roid rage can be explained as little assholes trying to feel cocky, but I have experienced it myself and increased aggression is real for some of us. I am naturally very laid back, but some things just set me off. I can control it, but it's stupid for me to deny it's existence. Just be glad you don't get it. Also, ask Bobo if he gets it! (lol)

high dose Test > Halo > SD > Tren
Increased aggression perhaps, but certainly not an excuse for full blown rage where you're breaking things and punching walls. That's a rather jejune response to increased aggression, wouldn't you say?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Look guys, if you have not experienced it then that's great for you but don't sit back and mock people who have just to make yourselves feel better. That's a little like smokers laughing at other smokers who got lung cancer. We all take the same drugs and we all react differently..I don't see why this concept is so hard to understand.

Nobody is trying to justify bad behavior here, rather we're discussing what happens to some of us and exchanging information.

I've experienced it and it took every bit of willpower I had not to tear my kitchen apart after burning myself on the stove. That's not me, I'm not like that and I would classify the reaction as one being beyond my ability to control. I'm normally cool under fire..I've worked stressful jobs all my life, I've been screamed at by punks and let it slide, I've faced down bears and been cool and I'm here to tell you that some of these compounds altered that ability greatly.

This is information that is important to consider prior to using these compounds and it is best to be aware of these potential sides.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Look guys, if you have not experienced it then that's great for you but don't sit back and mock people who have just to make yourselves feel better. That's a little like smokers laughing at other smokers who got lung cancer. We all take the same drugs and we all react differently..I don't see why this concept is so hard to understand.

Nobody is trying to justify bad behavior here, rather we're discussing what happens to some of us and exchanging information.

I've experienced it and it took every bit of willpower I had not to tear my kitchen apart after burning myself on the stove. That's not me, I'm not like that and I would classify the reaction as one being beyond my ability to control. I'm normally cool under fire..I've worked stressful jobs all my life, I've been screamed at by punks and let it slide, I've faced down bears and been cool and I'm here to tell you that some of these compounds altered that ability greatly.

This is information that is important to consider prior to using these compounds and it is best to be aware of these potential sides.
WORD:clap2:

adrenalinaddict

Awards
i've never felt an increase in aggression on ANY type of gear

i just believe people with short fuses feel tough because they are on gear and they let themselves be bigger assholes
Glen I honestly am a little surprised that this would come from you. If I remember correctly Ive seen some great posts from you and Im surprised you would automatically assume this just because YOU haven't felt these effects before.

Number 1 I think we all know that hormones can have a very large effect on moods, responses, etc. I think most of us have had at least one woman in our lives who was completely unbearable, illogical, snapped at us, caused fights, etc due to her hormones being off balance. Is it an excuse to blame it on and act as if its acceptable... no. but it does happen.

We all react differently. Ive been on test before and felt great. Great mood, happy go lucky, no aggression at all. Then Ive been on SD solo and felt very aggressive and agitated before. It has absolutely nothing to do with being on gear and letting myself be a bigger asshole.

I completely agree with DR D. I have experienced increased rage as have many others. Does that mean that I go around starting fights, punching walls, and saying "its ok, im big, bad, tough and on gear." no. However it is there, and just because you're lucky enough not to feel it doesnt mean you should bash other people by talking about us being "bigger assholes" when on or anything similar. We who do get it need to learn to control it, and recognizing that it is there, and why it is there, is the first step to controlling it.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Increased aggression perhaps, but certainly not an excuse for full blown rage where you're breaking things and punching walls. That's a rather jejune response to increased aggression, wouldn't you say?
Yes, I agree. In fact, that's why I started lifting weights in the first place! My parents got a divorce when I turned 14 and I really went off the deep end after that. I found that pounding plates for 4 straight hours was very effective at directing my anger! A chemical compound can influence your behavior, but you must still take ownership of your actions. I'm not making excuses for assholes either. I know the type you’re talking about and they annoy me too. Same thing as a belligerent drunk. You can kick their ass, and they're drunk again the next day, still talking **** and looking for another beating. I try to avoid fools like that. All I'm really saying is that a phenomenon does exist. It is well documented and I have experienced it on several occasions. Clomid can promote emotional instability too, especially if your brain chemistry is not already perfect (like depression, insomnia/sleep deprivation, or some other underlying mental issue)

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established

Thia is absolutley true! This whole being a bigger asshole thing.........I DON'T THINK SO!! I am normally a very easy going freindly person, and can tloerate a lot of stupid ****, and walk away from things, and when I am "on" certain things, like SD, I really have to control myself, and try not to let things get to me, as my temper gets really short. Now from experience, I know that it is what I am taking, and have learned to just step back for a second, breathe, and think logically. But people should now that this IS a side effect from certain hormones, because if they allready have a problem such as having a normally short fuse and being and asshole, then they might want to reconsider, or at least be informed and know that they have to make an extra effort to just chill out and not do something stupid. MY .02:rasp: :frustrate :rant:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Certainly there are those who are going to roll with whatever mood they are in at the time. We all know there's assholes out there and adding some AAS fuel to the fire is really going to have those people, who never take responsibility for their actions anyway, really pushing the limits of acceptable behavior. There are and always have been simpletons who abuse substances and pin their indiscretions on the substances rather than themselves.

We're not talking about those people as they're a lost cause anyways. We're talking about our bros here who are of sound mind and who want to stay that way even when using awesome compounds like SD.

There's a body of research out there that correlates nicely to the huge dips in lipid values we see on SD and significant behavioral disturbances. I came across this stuff in the throes of deeeeep depression while on SD and a light bulb went off in my tortured little head, lol.

http://www.mercola.com/2000/mar/26/cholesterol_depression.htm

and more evidence...

"Despite the fact that most people are worried about having cholesterol levels that are too high, yet another study has found that low cholesterol is actually associated with adverse behavioral effects such as aggression and depression.

While the medical establishment continues to push the suppression of cholesterol levels to abnormally low levels, it is not widely known that there is a significant amount of evidence linking low cholesterol to aggressive behavior and depression.

According to researchers from Yale University School of Medicine, "The well-documented negative association between serum cholesterol and aggressive behavior has led Kaplan (Psychosom Med 1994 Nov-Dec;56:479-84) to propose a cholesterol-serotonin hypothesis of aggression.

According to this hypothesis, low dietary cholesterol intake leads to depressed central serotonergic activity, which itself has been reported in numerous studies of violent individuals."

Researchers studied 25 violent psychiatric patients

For 7 days, the patients wore signaling devices that emitted an average of seven signals a day.

Following each signal, patients filled out a mood questionnaire.
The authors found that "Total serum cholesterol (TSC) concentration was positively associated with measures of affect, cognitive efficiency, activation, and sociability, suggesting a link between low TSC and dysphoria."

"These findings are consistent with the cholesterol-serotonin hypothesis and with the substantive literature linking both aggression and depression to depressed central serotonergic activity," they conclude.

Journal of Behavioral Medicine, December 1, 2000; 23: 519-529"

undt more...

"Canadian investigators examined the relation between low serum total cholesterol and deaths from suicide. Adjusting for age and sex, they found that those in the lowest quarter of total cholesterol concentration had more than six times the risk of committing suicide as did those in the highest quarter.

This effect persisted after the exclusion from the analysis of the first 5 years of follow-up and after the removal of those who were unemployed or who had been treated for depression.

These data indicate that low serum total cholesterol level is associated with an increased risk of suicide.

Epidemiology 2001 Mar;12:168-72"

moody?...

"Levels of cholesterol and other fatty molecules in the blood may have an impact on mood and aggression, according to a new study. Studies have shown that male psychiatric patients with low cholesterol (below160 mg/dl) are twice as likely to attempt suicide, and elderly men with low cholesterol are three times as likely to be depressed. And studies in animals have found that monkeys fed a diet low in fat and cholesterol are more aggressive than those fed a normal diet.

The theory is that cholesterol level may influence serotonin, the neurotransmitter in the brain that has been linked to depression. However, it's not yet clear if the low cholesterol actually causes the depression or aggression, or if some other health factor is responsible for both low cholesterol and changes in mood swings.

Psychiatric Services (1997;48:875-876)"

Women and depression...

"A study conducted by a Duke University researcher suggests that healthy women with very low cholesterol levels have higher depression and anxiety levels than women with higher cholesterol levels. Only about 10% to 15% of the US population has such low levels, defined as 160 micrograms per deciliter or below.

The research suggests that women in their early 20s or late teens seem to be prone to depression and anxiety if they have very low cholesterol levels. These cholesterol levels are extremely low and occur naturally, not as a result of diet or lifestyle.

Psychosomatic Medicine June1999;61."

Elevated risk of Parkinson's...

"A low cholesterol level may increase the risk of Parkinson's disease, at least for men.

Lower Cholesterol Levels Means Higher Risk of Parkinson's

Several years' worth of studies have revealed possible associations between low cholesterol and impaired mental function. Now scientists from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have discovered Parkinson's is one of the potential risks.

A study measured the lipid levels of over 100 Parkinson's patients with a similar group of people who were free of the disease. After adjusting for factors such as age, smoking, and use of lipid-lowering agents, men with low total and LDL ("bad") cholesterol levels had an increased risk of Parkinson's. This did not, however, also prove to be the case for women.

Six Times the Chances

Men with LDL cholesterol levels between 91 and 135 had 6 times the likelihood of having Parkinson's of those with LDL levels above 135, and those with LDL levels below 91 had 4 times the likelihood.

One possibility is that cholesterol may help rid the body of environmental toxins that could trigger Parkinson's. Another is that cholesterol could be a precursor for hormones involved in nervous system function.

Not True for Women

It is unknown why the same association does not hold true for women. It may be connected with that fact that LDL cholesterol levels increase with age in men until they are 65 years old, but in women until they are 75. The lifetime risk of Parkinson's disease is about twice as high for men as it is for women.

MSNBC September 29, 2005"

and even more...

"Cholesterol in your brain is key to the cell connections needed for memory and learning.

Past research has suggested that brain "support cells" known as glial cells produce a substance that allows the brain's nerve cells, or neurons, to communicate.

Cholesterol levels in the blood do not determine the brain's supply, as blood cholesterol molecules are too large to cross the blood-brain barrier. The blood-brain barrier is a mechanism that strictly controls the type of molecule allowed to enter into the brain from blood vessels.

Instead, glial cells appear to churn out their own cholesterol supply. The researchers zeroed in on cholesterol through experiments with cells in which the lipid triggered the formation of synapses -- the connections through which nerve cells communicate.

Thus the availability of cholesterol appears to limit synapse development.

In addition, the investigators found that, when cultured alone, neurons produced some cholesterol. But only when glial cells were present was there a cholesterol supply abundant enough for "massive" synapse formation.

According to the researchers, these findings suggest that any "genetic or age-related defects" in the brain's cholesterol use may impair the circuitry behind mental functioning.

Science November 9, 2001;294:1354-1357"

So there. If you make me angry, I will Cut-and-Paste-Rage all over your asses :cheers:

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
I agree with all these guys. It's not that the SD made me punch a whole through my door. I normally do that because when I get angry I bottle things up. Then one day, wham, hole in the wall or broken door. Lately, I had been really really good about it, not having broken anything in over 2 years. Once I hopped on SD, I couldn't control myself as well when I hit that point & reverted to the same business. The SD doesn't make me mad all the time. It just makes it harder for me to control myself when I do get mad. Still no excuse though.