• Thread starter hardasnails1973
  • Start date

wildfox

Awards
  • Established

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
interesting. and im wondering if the high estrogen keeps the cortisol/adrenals from getting normalized afterwords. thats what i think my problem is. i need to get off this isocort bs and get on some cortef. and make sure my estrogen is in line.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Estrogen raises cortisol hormone binding globulin (binds to lfree cortisol even though serum is fine) - same thing happens in testostorone too, but no why aren;t there no labs for this

raises thyroid binding globulin so you can see how it can really screw up the HPTA.

IMO adrenals should be assessed same way testosterone, insulin, and thyroid with free levels as well as serums.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Whatever it is, I believe high fat % has been one of my biggest problems, and if I can shed it without fizzling my adrenals in the process, a lot of my issues will improve. When I was in my twenties and 30 pounds lighter, I had no complaints.

DAMN all those sugary soda's and hostess cupcakes!!

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
ya well. if its high fat for you, i think (indirectly) its low fat for me and HAN. cutting down to 6% or less bf, and paying the toll, plus other 'intervening' factors=system shutdown.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
This has been probably the best and simpliest explaination I hace found on this topic ever..

Cortisol Abnormality as a Cause of Elevated Estrogen and Immune Destabilization
Let me get this straight, questions, questions?

My Oct06 Total Estrogens---260pg/mL(40-115)
Very high, do not know how to make it lower.

estrone, serum-----78pg/mL(12-72)
Estradiol, sensitive--27pg/mL(3-70)

1/31/07 I started 10mg Cortef and 3.5grains Armour
My next blood test will be sometime in April

Should I expect my TotalE to get lower?
If it will be lower what should I conclude?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Let me get this straight, questions, questions?

My Oct06 Total Estrogens---260pg/mL(40-115)
Very high, do not know how to make it lower.

estrone, serum-----78pg/mL(12-72)
Estradiol, sensitive--27pg/mL(3-70)

1/31/07 I started 10mg Cortef and 3.5grains Armour
My next blood test will be sometime in April

Should I expect my TotalE to get lower?
If it will be lower what should I conclude?
Look for free level of cortisol !! Urine would be the way to go
look into calcium d glucurate that detoxify all estrogen via another pathway glucuroidization (dr john please correct me on this) How are your homocystein levels ?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
ya well. if its high fat for you, i think (indirectly) its low fat for me and HAN. cutting down to 6% or less bf, and paying the toll, plus other 'intervening' factors=system shutdown.

Nope mine was eating continated food which was nearly properly treated and immune system was shot from dieting and drs thought that I would just rebound well I did not. The infection raised cortisol lowered t4 to t3 conversion, then blow out adrenals, testosterone, and so the story goes. The little bastards in my gut destroyed all the good bacteria and bodies ability to detoxify estrogen already converted from the estrodial/ histmaines this over burden liver and created vicious cycle. Now I am wating after almost 3 weeks to get my freaken labs results back which I already know the results its obvious that estrogen doubled because shbg LP(a) blew through the roof and all estrogen problems have been getting worse as well as pain ful pissing and thyroid problems dispite supplementation. I keep calling my dr because i ran out of cream and did not want to reorder the one with PLO gel in it this time because of estrogen conversion problems. He could atleast talk to me or something. i think the lab screwed up the results why they have not been getting back to me. i thought i had problem with absorption but obviously it doing something to blow my shbg double !!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Look for free level of cortisol !! Urine would be the way to go
look into calcium d glucurate that detoxify all estrogen via another pathway glucuroidization (dr john please correct me on this) How are your homocystein levels ?
Homocysteine
Normal reference-5-15 mcmol/L
< 7.2 µmol/L(LEF)
apr05-----7.9
8/26/05---9.6
5/5/06----7.3

LEF have a product
Homocysteine Resist, 100 Capsules
but they advice to use it only if after awhile their regular multivitamins do not do good enough job.
Life Extension Mixâ„¢ With Extra Niacin, 315 Tablets
It have
Calcium D-Glucarate 200 mg
among many other stuff.
What do you say.

I am specially lost on how to get down my very high TotalEstrogens, as posted on my previus post

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
How are you feeling ? thats most important also could they have made a major error on lab reports too?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats me in a nuttshell. High DHEA-S(520, over range) and high estradoil(43, 10 - 50).